• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Feb |OT| Stern retires after failed attempt to bring pro basketball to NY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bishman

LeBronStaresDownGSWCrowd.gif

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Rox got the 3rd seed!

Next target: the division leader, San Antonio who are just 2 games away!

dang blazers in a rough spot the last few games. 4-6 in their last 10. Well rested Spurs next. It's rough out West.

Still though, one the best teams in the league just a season after tanking.
Meanwhile out east, we're only 2 and a half games outta the first seed headed into the break. Nice. Thanks Mavs.

Vic

bgvuiseceam8mlxtkcm6.jpg

3rd place! Now I need to see the Grizz in the playoffs standings :*(

Wait, the Warriors are now 8th and the Mavs 6th? Didn't recall that it was that close.

exarkun

Lillard just doesn't know wtf hes supposed to with that screen defense sometimes. I've rooted for the portland the last 10-12 games, but fuck its frustrating to watch their bum-ass bench combined with mental errors on the defensive end.

Clippers won't choke in the first round, Doc is too smart for that shit.

Didn't get to watch the rox game til the beginning of the 4th. Was Harden guarding Ariza?

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Actually Golden State would be wise to stay matched up with OKC.

If any team could upset OKC in the first round, it's Golden State. Maybe Phoenix if Bledsoe comes back healthy.

exarkun

Actually Golden State would be wise to stay matched up with OKC.

If any team could upset OKC in the first round, it's Golden State. Maybe Phoenix if Bledsoe comes back healthy.

Of all the teams, Id hope the Rox get the Mavs or Suns. Fuck everyone else cause all of those other potential series would be too hard. Thats why we need the Spurs' spot. Just give it to us, Pop said the seeding doesn't matter (to a degree).

jobber

Of all the teams, Id hope the Rox get the Mavs or Suns. Fuck everyone else cause all of those other potential series would be too hard. Thats why we need the Spurs' spot. Just give it to us, Pop said the seeding doesn't matter (to a degree).

You don't want Dallas??????? I'd take Dallas all day. Suns are too much of an unknown commodity. After all, they did beat the NBA's best team twice in 1 week.

Vic

I guess Lebron still has a chance to snatch the MVP, now that the dust has settled with KD.

After tonight, I think you guys are legit. Sometimes the shots just don't fall. I like the Blazers overall. Hopefully you guys can recover.

Yea it's just been a rough stretch. Took okc, indiana, and the clips to the wire and lost all 3 of those due to mental errors in the 4th quarters. Nearly threw away 2 games to the knicks and twolves, too.

Smokey

#rednation hyped about that 3rd seed but i'm here to tell yall it won't last out of all star break. west coast trip. shit will push them right back down to 5.

i bring the real, but for tonight stay free

exarkun

You don't want Dallas??????? I'd take Dallas all day. Suns are too much of an unknown commodity. After all, they did beat the NBA's best team twice in 1 week.

No I meant I want dallas or the suns. Not anyone else because shit will be too hard. Suns are too up and down to win a series, and who knows if Bledsoe will be fine. Dirk scares the shit out of me, but as you know, trotting Blair out for 20 mins is...LOL. After that...its tough.

jobber

Wade will become an assistant coach. That Rookie/Sophomore game he coached was his tryout.

Bosh is making fun of drop foot, he has no clue. Hopefully its a mild case where wade can get some support and give it some rest. Even if its mild its still indicative of an underlying condition, not that we don't know already but Wade is messed up.

Holy shit the Warriors are the 8th seed?!West is crazy good. Might be another year when seeds 1-8 have 50 wins like in 2010. wtf insane

#easternconferencestateofmind

In other news, Blake has definitely made the superstar jump this year. I read that he's @ 12 30 point games on the season (and 2 40+ games). He had 7 combined the last two season. He's great. Firmly better than Melo in my mind now even though Melo's situation sucks.

Headed into the break, biggest jumps this year for me:

DMC, he's a legit star
Dragic. He's having an amazing year, I really didn't expect this type of scoring and efficiency from him.
Paul George. He's in a hell of a slump, but still, great improvement.
Anthony Davis, I knew he was gonna be good, but damn! Won't surprise me if he's a top 3-5 player next season.
LMA is great
Isaiah Thomas has been great offensively, from 60th pick to better than #1 pick Kyrie? damn.

Millsap,Love,Dwight,Lowry,Lillard,Dirk,big Al and Curry have all been fantastic. Shame Bledsoe and Wade haven't been healthy. Lance has been nice this year as well.

Now, disappointments?

Kyrie? I was expecting him to make a leap this year, he's been healthy,fuckless, and lazy all season and he has a strong argument for worst defense from a starting PG. He's become boring to watch.

Harden? he's been better than Kyrie but terrible, lazy,old Kobe defense vs some tanking team bad on defense this year and it's more noticeable since the Rox are actually good.I was really expecting him to wreck shit this year. Between his frustrating decision making(hold ball for 19 seconds then pass to teammate who isn't even open) and limited offensive game where he only has 3 moves: drive, drive for free throws or 2k stepback. I'm wondering if I expected too much.

But Kyrie and Harden are super young so there's hope that they can become superstars.

Bosh is making fun of drop foot, he has no clue. Hopefully its a mild case where wade can get some support and give it some rest. Even if its mild its still indicative of an underlying condition, not that we don't know already but Wade is messed up.
Wade says he feels alright and from what I can tell from Twitter, it's nothing major.
Wade gonna be health for the ECF so fuck all this regular season injury shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom