• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Finals |OT| Some dude guarantees they will win it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. They would have. If they couldn't walk the way LeBron couldn't leaving them out there would have been a disservice to their team.

C'mon, bro. You and I have watched Kobe for years. He is a fucking lunatic and would hobble his ass out there. Lakers would lose cause he was forcing it but he'd have his ass out there.

QUICK POLL:

how many here have gotten a dehydration cramp?
Yooooo! Two weeks ago, rode from sw 120th and 270th st (Homestead) to (THAT BULLSHIT THEY LIKE TO CALL SOUTH BEACH..which ain't that at all..sorry, folks) AAA. Holy shit. The last three miles, after having no liquids for almost 10? Both my thighs just said "done!" Never felt anything so crazy in my life. One second, I'm just pushing. Next? "Fuck you, pay me.."

You can't play through cramps. I'd imagine Lebron is the most fit person in the entirety of the NBA. It's weird that he was the only one actually effected. Hold that hope, Heat fan, that's all you're going to have.

C'mon, bro. You and I have watched Kobe for years. He is a fucking lunatic and would hobble his ass out there. Lakers would lose cause he was forcing it but he'd have his ass out there.

He's been fortunate enough to not suffer a severe cramp like that. I don't doubt Kobe's ability to play through any kind of pain, but a cramp is not like that. With a cramp it's like your leg is basically paralyzed. It's not playing through pain. LeBron WAS IN THERE. He fucking scored while having severe cramps, but if you can't walk you can't walk. Dude couldn't even limp if he tried. His leg was basically dead.

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
Sad to see such blatant cheating. Broken AC? Really? Sadly that will be overlooked because LeBron left the game with cramps.

Since the Spurs know that LeBron can't handle heat they shouldn't fix the AC for the next game. Maybe turn the heaters on? There is no rule against it.

jman2050

That's... not something to be proud of... like at all.

That's just stupidity, not that I believe that Kobe would willingly risk playing through cramps like you think he would.

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
He's been fortunate enough to not suffer a severe cramp like that. I don't doubt Kobe's ability to play through any kind of pain, but a cramp is not like that. With a cramp it's like your leg is basically paralyzed. It's not playing through pain.

Dude shot free throws after his achilles tendon snapped and rolled up into his calf. Think LeBron would have done that?

well

once the only players left on the court were Dwayne Wade, Ray Allen and Chris Bosh you knew it was over--how are you supposed to win with such little talent?

heat in 5

Except it wasn't an injury. It was something he should have started addressing the minute they realized the game was going to be a hot one. Salt pills (endurance athletes have to take these all the time), gatorade, IV at half time. All that stuff needed to be done.

That said, why was he the only one to cramp up? There are similar sized guys on the floor. Better shape? Better conditioned? Better nutrition? Better management of their body's resources? It isn't simply that "he has a lot of muscle hur hur".

Such rational points will quickly have you written off as a 'Lebron hater' in this thread. Tread carefully.

As he should be. And MJ probably would have.

If guys like Kobe, ya know, real legends, can win in the finals with broken fingers and busted knees, then LeCramp has no excuse.

I can't tell if this is a joke post or not. It has to be, because no one could be this terrible on purpose.

This warrior tough guy hero ball bullshit also led to the worst injury of Kobe's career when he tried to play hurt and made shit worse.

Cse

Banned
Jordan would have been out there, man.

He is a fucking insane madman. LeBron isn't.

Didn't Jordan play with a fever / the flu during one of the NBA Finals games and end up 30+ points?

Playing through cramps is tough, but when you have the flu, you don't have the energy to even lift your arm.

v0yce

Why the fuck would he fake it? Do some of you listen to yourselves sometimes? It was a fucking 2 point game at that point

He was gassed and being injured looks better?

I don't think that's what happened, but it's not a crazy thought like you're trying to make it seem and happens all the time.

Come on you're being ridiculous. How many players would have even came back in like lebron did?

He's been fortunate enough to not suffer a severe cramp like that. I don't doubt Kobe's ability to play through any kind of pain, but a cramp is not like that. With a cramp it's like your leg is basically paralyzed. It's not playing through pain. LeBron WAS IN THERE. He fucking scored while having severe cramps, but if you can't walk you can't walk. Dude couldn't even limp if he tried. His leg was basically dead.

I simply disagree with you guys. I think with the TV timeouts and team timeouts, I could have seen him go back in but he didn't. Oh well. He'll get treatment and be back on Sunday.

I would have liked to have seen him make a bigger attempt to get back in the game and help his team but what can you do?

Hey fools, LeBron tried to go back in at one point but Spo wouldnt let him. We need him for 4 out of the next 6, wasnt worth an injury when hes as bad as he was.

Dude shot free throws after his achilles tendon snapped and rolled up into his calf. Think LeBron would have done that?

I don't know. Why does that matter? He just had to stand there and shoot a free throw, not run up and down the court playing offense and defense in a close NBA Finals game. Had LeBron been fouled on that last shot he took, you don't think he could have just stood there and shot a free throw, then had his team call a time out and get him out of the game?

He was gassed and being injured looks better?

I don't think that's what happened, but it's not a crazy thought like you're trying to make it seem and happens all the time.

He's the best player in the league, a four time MVP, two time defending Finals MVP. Saying he wouldn't have been in there no matter how gassed he was in a close game with few minutes left to play IS as crazy as I make it out to be. There's no basis for it.

So what heat gaf is assuming is that the spurs purposely risked their own players safety just to win game one of the series. I mean they all played in the same temperature right ?

I have torn my Achilles and cramped playing ball. It is much easier to shoot those fts with a torn Achilles than walk with full leg cramps.

Not that shooting wasnt amazing too. But it's different. You can still hobble and stand on a leg. It's a of pain tolerance. With the cramp your muscles are out of control.

I'm also a huge lakers and Kobe can.

Spinluck

Both teams played in the heat.

It's as simple as that.

RawWetFlatcoatretriever.gif

Sad to see such blatant cheating. Broken AC? Really? Sadly that will be overlooked because LeBron left the game with cramps.

Pffffftttttt hahahahhah.... Because it only impacted LeBron, no one else on the court.... Go watch some more loose change and get a new roll of tin foil, that hat is falling apart

Malvingt2

Jemele Hill ‏@jemelehill 2m

The Laker fans shading LeBron are quick to bring up Kobe's Achilles...but not the Phoenix series where he mysteriously stopped shooting.

People saying the Spurs played well this game obviously did not watch the same game I did. They're lucky to have turned it around in the fourth. It's a testament to their D that they weren't blown out with 20+ turnovers.

Jopie

The hyperbole regarding Jordan is insane. At this point, someone could break their leg and shred their knee and people would claim that Jordan could play thru it.

Both teams had to play in the same heat, it sucks that it impacted Lebron more than anyone else. It also makes me realize how accustomed basketball players are to playing in ideal conditions.

yeah sure. I bet people would say the same thing about a man snapping his god damn achilles tendon "It's unpossible to play on that!!" Kobe still didn't give a FUCK

And that was a reg season game...

He didn't play on it. He shot a free throw. A women's NCAA player once shot a free throw on a torn acl, does this mean that every player that ever leaves a game with a torn acl is a sissy or something?

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Entertaining series, I thought Spurs were going to lose. How they survived those 23 turnovers I don't know but it was a huge win, I don't expect them to play that sloppy throughout the rest of the series.

Good to see Ginobili playing well, he was absolutel garbage in last season's finals.

Can't wait for game 2.

Trey

Had a cramp once. It's basically your muscle going, "nope, fuck you!" and rolling around inside itself just to spite you. Painful and debilitating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom