• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Finals |OT| Some dude guarantees they will win it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
H0l74IY.jpg

Dead
Lolllll

He was asking for a blow because dude had heat exhaustion, which leads to fucking cramps. Seriously people my god.

So again, what other players in the NBA Finals have had 'heat exhaustion?' Is that not a form of fucking up? Not managing your hydration properly as a world-class athlete? Because it seems like everyone else was able to do it. Yes, Lebron played a lot of minutes, but it's on him to manage his body just as much as it is on Spo.

In your eyes, it seems like Lebron literally did nothing wrong. Even if the cramps aren't him 'choking,' he still made mistakes that led to that.

But that's still not on him to you? Why is he blameless again?

J2 Cool

Chalmers really fucked the Heat tonight. Wade clearly wasn't given respect as crunchtime leader, they just disbanded as a group, led to Spurs run. 14/16's been overstated, they killed it the last 3 minutes but it was game over at least 4-5 fg's earlier. I think Heat were also really distracted by Lebron being out and looking around. Spo needed a timeout, and come back out with it in Wade's hands. (who played great tonight)

Game 2 will be very interesting.

Pop's is always aware of his players fatigue, him resting guys because it was too damn hot is par for the course for him.

spo is so use to Lebron being Lebron he didn't even flinch for a second sending him back in after the first cramp attack.

this L is solely on Spo's bad adjustment to the stadium being hot as fuck.
I agree but you cant say its not possible. In all my life Ive never seen an AC unit at a pro arena break. Pretty amazing first time I see it, it happens to be game 1 of the finals.

Also this L is on Rio. After all this time watching him play you cant expect Spo to treat LeBron like a mortal.

effzee

So again, what other players in the NBA Finals have had 'heat exhaustion?' Is that not a form of fucking up? Not managing your hydration properly as a world-class athlete? Because it seems like everyone else was able to do it. Yes, Lebron played a lot of minutes, but it's on him to manage his body just as much as it is on Spo.

In your eyes, it seems like Lebron literally did nothing wrong. Even if the cramps aren't him 'choking,' he still made mistakes that led to that.

What exactly are you trying to claim?

That Lebron brought it on himself? The injury is his fault? He has no real injuries his entire career, plays extremely fast on both ends of the court, and is considered the top player on the planet. But he has had cramp issues even during regular games. What do you think? He just ignores them? He doesn't train? Or prepare? Or the Heat staff doesn't try to deal with it?

If he tore his ACL would that be his fault too?

Because he's a world class athlete who is on the top of his game. Sometimes cramps can strike no matter what you do. World class sprinters and track and field athletes whose entire lives revolve around preparing for a single race or event sometimes get fucked over by cramps. Trying to find fault with LeBron in this is pathetic.

tarheel91

yeah sure. I bet people would say the same thing about a man snapping his god damn achilles tendon "It's unpossible to play on that!!" Kobe still didn't give a FUCK

And that was a reg season game...

No, it's literally impossible. A cramp like that is your muscle involuntarily contracting and you literally can not move it. This is not some mind over matter thing. It's not an issue of pain. You can't move it.

Espi

Banned
"the heat rely on their superstar more than any other team in the league"

- bill simmons

srs?

there are three other hall of famers and two of them can average 25 easily as first options

fucking lol

Raptors were garbage with Bosh as a first option and Heat weren't anything special without Shaq.

Wade was just T-Mac 2.0 and Bosh wasn't doing shit.

effzee

Chalmers really fucked the Heat tonight. Wade clearly wasn't given respect as crunchtime leader, they just disbanded as a group, led to Spurs run. 14/16's been overstated, they killed it the last 3 minutes but it was game over at least 4-5 fg's earlier. I think Heat were also really distracted by Lebron being out and looking around. Spo needed a timeout, and come back out with it in Wade's hands. (who played great tonight)

Game 2 will be very interesting.

Agree here. Chalmers from the start was out of it. Fouls, turnovers, and doing nothing to create his own offense or to set up others.

Cole gave them nothing off the bench. Anderson is probably still hurt. Nothing from Battier. Ray Allen missed 4-5 wide open threes.

But Chalmers more than anything fucked the Heat. When Lebron went out they should have just gone to 2006 Wade offense but Chalmers decides he is going to take over for some odd reason.

neptunes

MIA's turnovers had nothing to do with them losing tonight right?

Geneijin

Preventive measures that doesn't guarantee a cramp won't happen in the unlikelihood it does happen with those measures taken.

Pimpwerx

Spurs had 22 turnovers, 22 fucking turnovers

Spurs win in a blowout on Sunday after 2 full days off and Pop grilling them in the film room
They were largely forced. There will be a blowout Sunday indeed.

Are Spurs fans feeling confident right now? I'm seeing the not-miami crowd emerging from their bunkers for the annual premature Heatles funeral, but I don't imagine Spurs fans got a whole lot of confidence going forward. LeBron ain't cramping again...not like that. You can't like the looks Miami was getting, nor the turnovers that were given up. I feel a lot like I did after Game1 last series. PEACE.

Just like the 90's Bulls, people think Mike did it all himself. Bill and Lola were putting in work.

Let's get this back to LeCramps though, and not overrated as fuck Michael Jordan.

The same MJ that didn't make the playoffs again without Pippen? The same Pippen that made the conference Finals with both the Bulls and the Blazers, without Jordan?

That Jordan?

effzee

Don't get why Haslem didn't play at all. Heat can't rebound and while I get they want to play small ball and spread the Spurs out, they could have played him some minutes. He can hit the baseline jumpers and despite his size plays better/harder D than Bosh or Rashard.

And I said it in the last series but imo Miami needs to stop doubling off of every pick and roll. Guaranteed to leave Splitter and or Duncan open in the middle which then leads to defenders leaving their man to double or help on Duncan and wide open 3s.

Yeah it works against worse teams who can't pass out of the double team but the Spurs will make the perfect pass 10/10 time.

Are Spurs fans feeling confident right now? I'm seeing the not-miami crowd emerging from their bunkers for the annual premature Heatles funeral, but I don't imagine Spurs fans got a whole lot of confidence going forward. LeBron ain't cramping again...not like that. You can't like the looks Miami was getting, nor the turnovers that were given up. I feel a lot like I did after Game1 last series. PEACE.
You forgot Rio. Im confident too!

Trey

Spurs had 22 turnovers, 22 fucking turnovers

Spurs win in a blowout on Sunday after 2 full days off and Pop grilling them in the film room

Heat forced a lot of those turnovers with aggressive trapping and great rotations. Spurs were barely a step ahead of the defense and you could tell because Spurs looked hassled in their passing.

Largely forced? Spurs are the best team in the NBA, they're not giving up 22 TO because another team made them, spurs played like dog shit that 3rd qt, plain and simple

Draconian

Spurs had 22 turnovers and won this game. Why wouldn't their fans be confident? They aren't going to have that many turnovers again.

effzee

Largely forced? Spurs are the best team in the NBA, they're not giving up 22 TO because another team made them, spurs played like dog shit that 3rd qt, plain and simple

Heat and Spurs both play great defense and force turnovers.

Some were forced and some were just stupid mistakes.

At least you arent doing your "Norris Cole's gunna lock up Tony Parker" bit like you were last year

bionic77

Pop is going to make the right moves to address the Heats defense in game 2.

Heat have to weather the storm (I bet the Spurs role players are going to light it up after tonight's win) and get major help from their roles players to win.

This isn't the Pacers. The Spurs will adjust and play better.

Pimpwerx

It's a competition. How many defenses like Miami's the Spurs faced this postseason? They are a great team, but cutting down the turnovers means altering their style of play. Where were the passes being picked? Pretty much everywhere. Felt like Miami was just banking on the extra pass being made and were jumping the lanes. Not sure how good that offense is if you limit the passing. They don't have many shot creators. PEACE.

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
No, it's literally impossible. A cramp like that is your muscle involuntarily contracting and you literally can not move it. This is not some mind over matter thing. It's not an issue of pain. You can't move it.

Bullshit. I've completely locked up (many times) before after hours of cycling in high heat. You gently and slowly stretch it out, hit the salt pills and hydration and it unlocks in a couple of minutes. The salt and hydration are taken so hopefully it doesn't happen again. But either way it has unlocked and you can get back out there. If it happens again you repeat and try again until the game is over.

It's a competition. How many defenses like Miami's the Spurs faced this postseason? They are a great team, but cutting down the turnovers means altering their style of play. Where were the passes being picked? Pretty much everywhere. Felt like Miami was just banking on the extra pass being made and were jumping the lanes. Not sure how good that offense is if you limit the passing. They don't have many shot creators. PEACE.

Are you kidding me? Did you see those turnovers? Many had NOTHING to do with the Heat defense. I'm sorry but you are grasping pretty hard.

Draconian

It's pretty clear to me that MJ would've been prepared to play in any conditions no matter what. Asking whether or not he would've been able to play through those cramps is missing the point. He wouldn't have been cramping. They could've played all 7 games of the finals in the middle of the Sahara and he would've been ready for it easily.

Spurs had 22 turnovers and won this game. Why wouldn't their fans be confident? They aren't going to have that many turnovers again.

The Heat had the game under complete control, then lebron started to cramp up. The end score is an illusion. Our team went into a complete funk, that is not just on lebron, they did fail. We also had 23 turnovers so that is a wash. We aren't going to have that many turnovers again either.

Kanguro

Neo Member
I have seen some dumb shit in my life but the LeBron haters in this thread take the cake.

They've got some Westboro Baptist levels of cognitive dissonance going to justify their hate.

I hope you all are only this dumb when it comes to James / "basketball players you hate" and not in every facet of your lives.

Pimpwerx

Bullshit. I've completely locked up (many times) before after hours of cycling in high heat. You gently and slowly stretch it out, hit the salt pills and hydration and it unlocks in a couple of minutes. The salt and hydration are taken so hopefully it doesn't happen again. But either way it has unlocked and you can get back out there. If it happens again you repeat and try again until the game is over.
You are not even remotely on the level of LeBron. Your body doesn't know what it feels like. Your weakling cramps aren't going to be the same. Are we going to pretend LeBron isn't one of the toughest guys in the league? Any cramp that puts him out of a game probably puts you in an ICU. PEACE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom