• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Finals |OT| Some dude guarantees they will win it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It also makes me realize how accustomed basketball players are to playing in ideal conditions.
Seriously. I had a friend arguing with me that NBA players are in better physical fitness than tennis players. The top players play for like 3-5 hours in heat like that under the sun with crazy tension, change of direction, stop and go, etc.

thekad

Banned
yeah sure. I bet people would say the same thing about a man snapping his god damn achilles tendon "It's unpossible to play on that!!" Kobe still didn't give a FUCK

And that was a reg season game...

lol terrible. Kobe got his decrepit ass out the game right after standing still on the free throw line for a minute

Real mature ... Really that's the best you can come up with? Actually I have seen it happen in the middle of a state championship game to our best offensive tackle. Which changed the whole momentum of the game!
Sorry I was just channeling some heat fans earlier in the thread, totally forgot to add /s at the end of my post.

yeah sure. I bet people would say the same thing about a man snapping his god damn achilles tendon "It's unpossible to play on that!!" Kobe still didn't give a FUCK

And that was a reg season game...

Kobe didn't play on it. He walked up and took a ft and that was it.

Kobe nearly missed two finals games in 2000. Just stop.

So what heat gaf is assuming is that the spurs purposely risked their own players safety just to win game one of the series. I mean they all played in the same temperature right ?
Theoretically the Spurs would have been doing special conditioning for it. Its pretty crazy to think it but it wasnt just LeBron, the Heat as a whole(Minus Ray Allen) were visibly much more tired than the Spurs. Its possible.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
He didn't play on it. He shot a free throw. A women's NCAA player once shot a free throw on a torn acl, does this mean that every player that ever leaves a game with a torn acl is a sissy or something?
He put up points. So he played on it. His team won too. <3

LeCramps could learn something from that young lady you're speaking of. That's how it's done. #truegrit

thekad

Banned
Hey dude!

How's that Dwight Howard thing working out? :)
How's that not having Dwight thing working out?

lakers-reaction.jpg

Oh.

The hyperbole regarding Jordan is insane. At this point, someone could break their leg and shred their knee and people would claim that Jordan could play thru it.

Not that he could but rather he'd be insane enough to TRY, especially if that game was in the Finals.

There is a difference.

Kobe didn't play on it. He walked up and took a ft and that was it.

Kobe nearly missed two finals games in 2000. Just stop.

I hate to have to do this because Kobe is my favorite player in the history of basketball but goddamn dude actually missed a Finals game with a sprained ankle in 2000. So tough.

What does this even mean? I almost want to create a twitter jus to tell her how awful she is.

I want to assume it's how people were hounding James for the 2011 Finals for being passive at critical moments, but they (Lakers fans) forget that Kobe disappeared in that 2006 series vs. the Suns

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
How the fuck did Old Man Duncan survive that heat?!?

Because Pop managed Timmy minutes well and took a big risk to sit him for half the third so he could play the entire 4th. He did the same with ginobli and Parker.

spo didn't adjust and got Lebron roped a doped by overplaying him.

lebron didn't quit (this time) Spo just mismanaged his roster. You could argue he had less to work with (especially with Chalmers fucking fouling every second he played) but that's the reality of what happened.

I still say spurs win game 2, this game wasn't a blow out with Lebron in and no way to the spurs turnover the ball that much next time.

Jonm1010

Banned
I like to see Lebron lose as much as the next guy but come on, has anyone here ever had cramps? When they are that bad you literally can't walk.

v0yce

He's the best player in the league, a four time MVP, two time defending Finals MVP. Saying he wouldn't have been in there no matter how gassed he was in a close game with few minutes left to play IS as crazy as I make it out to be. There's no basis for it.

He wasn't cramping all those times he was asking for a blow during the game. Those audio clips of his weren't about cramping it was about him not being able to breath.

effzee

I hate to have to do this because Kobe is my favorite player in the history of basketball but goddamn dude actually missed a Finals game with a sprained ankle in 2000. So tough.

Dude why are you even trying to talk logic with these idiots.

I don't get the hate but let them have it. I am sure if his bone tore through the leg they would be even happier.

BTW to those wondering why it affected him more than any other player, he has a history of cramping. He is a great athlete and has avoided injury for his whole career but cramps are something he deals with on a regular basis.

Its not like the Miami Heat don't have a medical/trainer staff. They probably tried everything.

"the heat rely on their superstar more than any other team in the league"

- bill simmons

srs?

there are three other hall of famers and two of them can average 25 easily as first options

fucking lol

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Theoretically the Spurs would have been doing special conditioning for it. Its pretty crazy to think it but it wasnt just LeBron, the Heat as a whole(Minus Ray Allen) were visibly much more tired than the Spurs. Its possible.

Pop's is always aware of his players fatigue, him resting guys because it was too damn hot is par for the course for him.

spo is so use to Lebron being Lebron he didn't even flinch for a second sending him back in after the first cramp attack.

this L is solely on Spo's bad adjustment to the stadium being hot as fuck.

Tom Penny

"the heat rely on their superstar more than any other team in the league"

- bill simmons

srs?

there are three other hall of famers and two of them can average 25 easily as first options

fucking lol

Umm other than Wade, Bosh and Ray Allen he doesn't have that much help.

Beant

Yeah, on a "cramp". So what. Kobe won chips with broken bones and non-functioning body parts. Dude would have been out there throwing up miracles trying to get a win.

I am a diehard spurs fan but you cant play through bad cramps. Do the haters even know what cramps feel like and how they impact all facets of your body? The hate is insane... Lebron is a baller and a good guy, why are people such haters still??

haters

Spurs had 22 turnovers, 22 fucking turnovers

Spurs win in a blowout on Sunday after 2 full days off and Pop grilling them in the film room

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom