• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Finals |OT| Some dude guarantees they will win it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chalmers really fucked the Heat tonight. Wade clearly wasn't given respect as crunchtime leader, they just disbanded as a group, led to Spurs run. 14/16's been overstated, they killed it the last 3 minutes but it was game over at least 4-5 fg's earlier. I think Heat were also really distracted by Lebron being out and looking around. Spo needed a timeout, and come back out with it in Wade's hands. (who played great tonight)

Game 2 will be very interesting.

Wade played great in the first half. Shot 30 percent in the second half though

Dude ESPN just had some medic on talking about how it's harder for the road team to prepare correctly to get enough electrolytes and nutrition for these situations.. wat

Darkman M

it's so out there too I feel like people hate him just to hate him without an actual reason nowadays

and this is coming from someone at the epicenter of the Cavs/Lebron fallout

Same thing happened with guys like Kobe, they wont get any respect until they are retired and everyone can pretend they didn't have any flaws.

It's a competition. How many defenses like Miami's the Spurs faced this postseason? They are a great team, but cutting down the turnovers means altering their style of play. Where were the passes being picked? Pretty much everywhere. Felt like Miami was just banking on the extra pass being made and were jumping the lanes. Not sure how good that offense is if you limit the passing. They don't have many shot creators. PEACE.

The thunder are THE matchup nightmare for the Spurs and are the most athletic team in the NBA, and they don't cause 22 TO for them

Laughable how much ESPN has uninformed fans drinking the heat kool aid. They're in for a rude awakening. Spurs lost last year by a fluke, not the Heats greatness lol

Pimpwerx

Are you kidding me? Did you see those turnovers? Many had NOTHING to do with the Heat defense. I'm sorry but you are grasping pretty hard.
Right. By the same logic that Spurs lost the closest finals last year rather than the Heat winning it. You rip an entry pass, its unforced? You trap the ball and force tough passing angles. Its unforced?

You think teams just go into brain fade when they face Miami, or its the defense predicated on frenzied ball pressure and forcing tough angles for passes? Your stance on this is more predictable than mine. PEACE.

The Heat had the game under complete control, then lebron started to cramp up. The end score is an illusion. Our team went into a complete funk, that is not just on lebron, they did fail. We also had 23 turnovers so that is a wash. We aren't going to have that many turnovers again either.

Miami was up by a few baskets with around 5 minutes to go before LBJ went out. Even if he hadnt gone out, the Spurs were getting into a rhythm Miami would have had to answer. to say they had the game "under complete control" is BS. Would they have answered SA's run with a run of their own? Who knows. Miami lost in adverse conditions. deal with it.

BadAss2961

You are not even remotely on the level of LeBron. Your body doesn't know what it feels like. Your weakling cramps aren't going to be the same. Are we going to pretend LeBron isn't one of the toughest guys in the league? Any cramp that puts him out of a game probably puts you in an ICU. PEACE.
lol

Dude ESPN just had some medic on talking about how it's harder for the road team to prepare correctly to get enough electrolytes and nutrition for these situations.. wat

Sometimes I dream
That he is me
You've got to see that's how I dream to be
I dream I move, I dream I groove
Electrolytes
I need electrolytes

bionic77

You are not even remotely on the level of LeBron. Your body doesn't know what it feels like. Your weakling cramps aren't going to be the same. Are we going to pretend LeBron isn't one of the toughest guys in the league? Any cramp that puts him out of a game probably puts you in an ICU. PEACE.
I am not a doctor and neither are you so stop pretending like you know what happened to him and that you know what you are talking about.

Lebron has been crazy durable and took his team to 4 straight finals so I give him a pass and believe he could not come back in.

But to be fair in other sports I have seen people play through cramps. But I will still give him the benefit of the doubt because that is what you do. Only dicks call your heart into question when you are injured.

The only exception is Jay Cutler during the NFC Championship.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
The thunder are THE matchup nightmare for the Spurs and are the most athletic team in the NBA, and they don't cause 22 TO for them

Laughable how much ESPN has uninformed fans drinking the heat kool aid. They're in for a rude awakening. Spurs lost last year by a fluke, not the Heats greatness lol

Keep saying that, but the Heat probably would have had this game won if not for the AC going out. The NBA better keep a watchful eye on whoever's in charge of maintenance.

We are a better version of the thunder... Thunder doesn't come close to playing defense like we can, what are you even talking about.

Man this place got so much stupider since the purge.

Shun

People love to troll LeBron.

Some of the hate is warranted lol.
I doubt this injury would extend throughout the series and, like with every player, I'd hate to see a postseason ending injury happen to Lebron, or any player.

Chris Paul hate is much more satisfying and is almost always justified.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Just wanted to make sure you weren't talking about the MJ who has an extreme gambling problem. Or the MJ that (with the departure of Sterling) becomes the shittiest owner in the league.
Now you're confusing me... So we're still talking about the same MJ who got punked by Bill Cartwright and threw a hissy fit about it? Drafted Kwame fucking Brown first overall? And then tried to strip him of all dignity by calling him homophobic slurs in front of his peers? Just need clarification here.

Pimpwerx

Avatar bet. I'll have you sporting a Bosh GOAT avatar for the entire offseason. OKC doesn't play defense like Miami. We don't matchup on size, its pure speed and effort. Turnovers are the main focus of the defense. You say uninformed, but you should read up on the Heat defense under Spo. The philosophy is turnovers to get out in transition. PEACE.

Keep saying that, but the Heat probably would have had this game won if not for the AC going out. The NBA better keep a watchful eye on whoever's in charge of maintenance.

Dan Gilbert walking around the AT&T Center with a janitor suit with the hat real low scheming and plotting.

It's a competition. How many defenses like Miami's the Spurs faced this postseason? They are a great team, but cutting down the turnovers means altering their style of play. Where were the passes being picked? Pretty much everywhere. Felt like Miami was just banking on the extra pass being made and were jumping the lanes. Not sure how good that offense is if you limit the passing. They don't have many shot creators. PEACE.

Im sure OKC fans were saying the same smug things after the G4 blowout win of that series.

We are a better version of the thunder... Thunder doesn't come close to playing defense like we can, what are you even talking about.

"We", lol

It's about MATCHUPS in the NBA, Spurs matchup better with heat, period

Amazing how little is known about teams outside Miami and LA

Now you're confusing me... So we're still talking about the same MJ who got punked by Bill Cartwright and threw a hissy fit about it? Drafted Kwame fucking Brown first overall? And then tried to strip him of all dignity by calling him homophobic slurs in front of his peers? Just need clarification here.

No, no, no, I'm talking about the same MJ that emasculated Stacey King, asking if there was a jump shot in that box, not the MJ that (according to Madonna) has a significantly smaller penis than Pippen.

Pimpwerx

I am not a doctor and neither are you so stop pretending like you know what happened to him and that you know what you are talking about.

Lebron has been crazy durable and took his team to 4 straight finals so I give him a pass and believe he could not come back in.

But to be fair in other sports I have seen people play through cramps. But I will still give him the benefit of the doubt because that is what you do. Only dicks call your heart into question when you are injured.

In other sports and cramps with unknown levels of severity. Dude is not going to sit out this game. He's had the cramps this bad before, and hobbled around until he was a detriment out there. You aren't a doctor, and neither am I. But I'm not the one proposing the man, who rolls his ankle in a way that would sideline most, yet tightens his laces and plays on, of not playing through something you think he can play through. It's retarded. PEACE.

You're right, Spurs were so comfortable in that cool 50 degree room while the Heat were burning alive

Miami was up by a few baskets with around 5 minutes to go before LBJ went out. Even if he hadnt gone out, the Spurs were getting into a rhythm Miami would have had to answer. to say they had the game "under complete control" is BS. Would they have answered SA's run with a run of their own? Who knows. Miami lost in adverse conditions. deal with it.

Of course we have to deal with it, we lost. But if you are trying to take out anything from this game as some clue has to how the rest of the series you are not paying attention. The Heat played very well at times and the Spurs played very well at times. Everyone can find things their team did well. We have no clue how the game would have turned out if Lebron would have never gone out, it is what it is. Game 2 hopefully we get a full game without injures or cramps.

The game he tore his ACL and everyone shitted on him because they thought he broke his nail?

bionic77

In other sports and cramps with unknown levels of severity. Dude is not going to sit out this game. He's had the cramps this bad before, and hobbled around until he was a detriment out there. You aren't a doctor, and neither am I. But I'm not the one proposing the man, who rolls his ankle in a way that would sideline most, yet tightens his laces and plays on, of not playing through something you think he can play through. It's retarded. PEACE.
Hey I am with you on Lebron but your explanation was too crazy.

The Heat had the game under complete control, then lebron started to cramp up. The end score is an illusion. Our team went into a complete funk, that is not just on lebron, they did fail. We also had 23 turnovers so that is a wash. We aren't going to have that many turnovers again either.

Where did you get 23 heat turnovers? Or are you just making shit up?

"We", lol

It's about MATCHUPS in the NBA, Spurs matchup better with heat, period

Amazing how little is known about teams outside Miami and LA

No shit sherlock, and they were a better matchup last year too and how did that go for them. WE (its my damn team so yes its a we) wanted OKC, would have been a perfect matchup. The spurs are our nightmare. The hardest team we have ever faced. But a champion over comes all, I still believe we will.

Miami's lost a defensive step this year. And the fact of the matter is, San Antonio shot 60% from the field tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom