• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Finals |OT| Some dude guarantees they will win it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
No shit sherlock, and they were a better matchup last year too and how did that go for them. WE (its my damn team so yes its a we) wanted OKC, would have been a perfect matchup. The spurs are our nightmare. The hardest team we have ever faced. But a champion over comes all, I still believe we will.

Ok lifelong heat fan, haha. Champion overcomes all? No, lucky bounce off rim to offensive rebound to Allen 3 overcomes all

History lesson, Manu/Duncan/Parker have THREE titles together, so spare me the champion overcomes all bullshit acting like the spurs aren't a team with champions on the roster

nasax

We are a better version of the thunder... Thunder doesn't come close to playing defense like we can, what are you even talking about.

Man this place got so much stupider since the purge.

Lol calling this place stupider with a take like that. The Heat play a swarming defense while Okc plays an athletic defense that closes the gap on three point shooters in an instant and funnels driving players to Ibaka. It's the type of defense that has always given the Spurs problem.

Ok lifelong heat fan, haha. Champion overcomes all? No, lucky bounce off rim to offensive rebound to Allen 3 overcomes all

History lesson, Manu/Duncan/Parker have THREE titles together, so spare me the champion overcomes all bullshit acting like the spurs aren't a team with champions on the roster

MiamiWesker is legit and good people.

He was around in the season when Wade quit and the team won 15 games.

He is no lifelong.

effzee

"We", lol

It's about MATCHUPS in the NBA, Spurs matchup better with heat, period

Amazing how little is known about teams outside Miami and LA

No one said its not about the matchups but the Heat play much better D than the Thunder. What don't you get? How is this hard to understand?

Yes Spurs were sloppy but Miami plays much better D than the Thunder do and of course it affected the Spurs to the point it forced some turnovers.

Some of you are so blinded by the Heat hate that you can't even recognize what they can't or can't do. The Spurs have a favorable match up against them because no one on their team can guard Duncan. But in terms of playing D to force turnovers they are much better than the Thunder. Miami banks on forcing those turnovers while giving up size.

Im sure OKC fans were saying the same smug things after the G4 blowout win of that series.

Does that matter? OKC fans can say whatever but the truth is Miami plays better D and their D is set up to force turnovers to start the fast break game.

Miami is going to need a lot more from Chalmers and Cole. While they aren't world beaters at PG they do have the ability to create their own shot off the dribble. Especially when the entire D is busy focused on Lebron, Wade, and Bosh. They need to attack more and just finish better at the rim.

Do you have reading comprehension issues. When have I ever said the Spurs are not champions or championship level. LOL, wtf is this. Yes and the rest of the stuff that happened after the Allen 3 didn't happen, yeah they didnt have an overtime or an entire other game to win the championship. Parker doesnt make some magical circus shot in game 3 and they dont win that, I can play that stupid excuse game too. Last year was a coin toss, but the Heat still won. Sorry you still have issues with that.

Do you have reading comprehension issues. When have I ever said the Spurs are not champions or championship level. LOL, wtf is this. Yes and the rest of the stuff that happened after the Allen 3 didn't happen. Parker doesnt make some magical circus shot in game 3 and they dont win that, I can play that stupid excuse game too. Last year was a coin toss, but the Heat still won. Sorry you still have issues with that.

No issues, I chose to live reality though. Again, keep thinking the AC cost you the game and then the championship, you'll have all summer to complain about Peter Holt rigging the AC system

effzee

Miamiwesker is a real life long Heat/Dolphins/Miami sports fan. Who in the world are you to question his fandom? Or why? You seem to be rooting for SA. Are you from SA? Do you live there? How many years have you rooted for them?

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
No, no, no, I'm talking about the same MJ that emasculated Stacey King, asking if there was a jump shot in that box, not the MJ that (according to Madonna) has a significantly smaller penis than Pippen.
Ohhhh, I see. Because for a moment I thought we were speaking of the Michael Jordan that looks like he dresses himself in the pitch black darkness of his once abandoned closest where he keeps his 90's era clothing that he swears each year he's going to take to the salvation army but never does and attempts Hitler impressions in Hane's commercials.

Phew! Glad that's settled.

effzee

No issues, I chose to live reality though. Again, keep thinking the AC cost you the game and then the championship, you'll have all summer to complain about Peter Holt rigging the AC system

If the AC led to Lebron cramping then yes factually it did cost them the game. What's wrong with stating that? Its not an excuse. Its just what happened.

Your reality is deusional where you give no credit to the Heat for winning it all last year because LOL flukes and then go to question other people's fan hood?

Seriously this is idiotic behavior.

But in terms of playing D to force turnovers they are much better than the Thunder. Miami banks on forcing those turnovers while giving up size.
OKC doesnt try to trap the pNr ball handler as aggressively as Miami, but they absolutely gamble for steals and jump passing lanes as often and as effectively as Miami. And they had a rim protector far more intimidating than Bosh or Birdman.

WTF is this. Are you a joke account or something?

Ok yes I blame the AC for this game and the championship even though it effected both teams evenly.

effzee

OKC doesnt try to trap the pNr ball handler as aggressively as Miami, but they absolutely gamble for steals and jump passing lanes as often and as effectively as Miami. And they had a rim protector far more intimidating than Bosh or Birdman.

Did I deny any of that? Miami forcing turnovers is nothing new. I am not even saying they forced all 22 turnovers. Obviously SA was sloppy.

But you have people claiming Miami had nothing to do with the turnovers? WTF? That's their style of D.

Heat D might be down this year but again they aren't one of the highest scoring teams in the league and yes they are known to play good D. Especially when their lazy ass team wakes up late in games.

Ohhhh, I see. Because for a moment I thought we were speaking of the Michael Jordan that looks like he dresses himself in the pitch black darkness of his once abandoned closest where he keeps his 90's era clothing that he swears each year he's going to take to the salvation army but never does and attempts Hitler impressions in Hane's commercials.

This exchange was like that magical game in the playoffs where Brandon Roy was in god mode against the Mavs.

Amazing to watch, a harken back to what was, but never to happen again.

:(

Espi

Banned
The same MJ that didn't make the playoffs again without Pippen? The same Pippen that made the conference Finals with both the Bulls and the Blazers, without Jordan?

That Jordan?

The one and the same.

Just wanted to make sure you weren't talking about the MJ who has an extreme gambling problem. Or the MJ that (with the departure of Sterling) becomes the shittiest owner in the league.

Now you're confusing me... So we're still talking about the same MJ who got punked by Bill Cartwright and threw a hissy fit about it? Drafted Kwame fucking Brown first overall? And then tried to strip him of all dignity by calling him homophobic slurs in front of his peers? Just need clarification here.

No, no, no, I'm talking about the same MJ that emasculated Stacey King, asking if there was a jump shot in that box, not the MJ that (according to Madonna) has a significantly smaller penis than Pippen.

lmao this exchange was great

I believe they had 16, c'mon son

I see that now, I am watching ESPN, that is what they were saying. I am sorry I dont have every stat memorized. Must have been points off or something, I have no clue what number he was talking about. The points off turnovers was basically even though, which shows we needed to do a better job on those turnovers.

I see that now, I am watching ESPN, that is what they were saying. I am sorry I dont have every stat memorized. Must have been points off or something, I have no clue what number he was talking about. The points off turnovers was basically even though, which shows we needed to do a better job on those turnovers.

I'm just messin w/ ya :p

But look at this.. http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/basketball/nba/gameflash/2014/06/05/36243/#boxscore

According to the boxscore, the only player with a positive +/- for the Heat was Battier.. Dat D pays off

Heat fans are hedging a lot on game 2 right now. It's gonna be awfully sweaty in here if they lose.

Sweatier than it was at the AT&T arena.

Well yeah, we have to win at least one game in SA., Lose game 2 and I officially get scared, all heat fans will no matter what they say. This is not the kind of team you win a chunk of games against in a row. The series needs to stay close.

Gatorade going all in on LeBron lol

http://nba.si.com/2014/06/06/lebron-james-gatorade-cramps-twitter-nba-finals-heat/

I bet that person is fired by tomorrow

This is what happens when you try to hydrate with this

1395264612000-sprite6mix5.jpg

Cloudy

Banned
Miami blew a big opportunity tonight. Spurs won't start Splitter anymore and that gives an extra ballhander out there (Diaw) to combat the trapping defense

i don't understand. Kobe can walk himself to the bench (and then come back for free throws!) despite a torn achilles tendon, but lebron had to be carried to his bench because of...cramps?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom