• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Finals |OT| Some dude guarantees they will win it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ryan Koo @ryanbkoo
Hey @Gatorade where's all your sports science magic for preventing cramps in your no. 1 client @KingJames?

@Gatorade @ryanbkoo The person cramping wasn't our client. Our athletes can take the heat.

wow.

aznpxdd

Can we kick ryu out of Lakers-age?

Homie, your posts in this thread has just been cringe-worthy. Just how much do you hate LeBron?

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Can we kick ryu out of Lakers-age?

Homie, your posts in this thread has just been cringe-worthy. Just how much do you hate LeBron?
You really asking Lakers-age to abandon family, breh? smh

Saw this joke on twitter.. Lebron's grandchildren are gonna call him "Crampa". Made me laugh.
87eU4yv.gif

effzee

i don't think his full lower body cramped up...

"compensate" for torn achilles tendon? yeah, maybe a few mortals...

Again Kobe shot a few free throws and then left. He didn't play the whole game with torn achilles.

If Lebron was fouled on that one basket he made after coming back in I bet he could stand and shoot a free throw even if he missed it. But running up and down? Playing D? Being aggressive on offense? We have heard from multiple experts, ex players, and analysts that cramps are not some simple pain endurance injuries you play through.

He also has a history of cramps but he comes back in usually. If this injury occurred even in the 3rd quarter there is no doubt he would have been back in. There was not enough time for him to let it cool down and then come back. Its not like he is known to be get hurt or to not play. History of cramps + the extra heat did him in.

Again Kobe shot a few free throws and then left. He didn't play the whole game with torn achilles.

If Lebron was fouled on that one basket he made after coming back in I bet he could stand and shoot a free throw even if he missed it. But running up and down? Playing D? Being aggressive on offense? We have heard from multiple experts, ex players, and analysts that cramps are not some simple pain endurance injuries you play through.

He also has a history of cramps but he comes back in usually. If this injury occurred even in the 3rd quarter there is no doubt he would have been back in. There was not enough time for him to let it cool down and then come back. Its not like he is known to be get hurt or to not play. History of cramps + the extra heat did him in.

Lebron would have asked for a stretcher.

I only kid

Fjordson

I just hope the rest of the series is half as entertaining as this game.

I'm still kinda worried about SA, though. Miami has lost plenty of game 1's before, it'll be irellevant of they get the split in game 2.

WoodWERD

As someone who grew up in SA I hate to see them win like this, but I'll take it. Hard to believe they coughed up the ball 23 times, but that's the Spurs for ya. They'll make adjustments and get some serious ass chewings and hopefully that'll be that, but game 2 should be interesting. And lol @ some of these posts...you guys should go sit in the corner for awhile.

PEAS

keuja

On the broken AC:

Manu Ginobili: "I've played more games like this [in scorching heat] than games in an arena with AC. It wasn't a big deal for me." (https://twitter.com/AlexKennedyNBA/status/474772649714130944)

Tony Parker: "For me personally, it didn't bother me. I felt like I was playing in Europe. We never have AC in Europe. ... I'm used to it." (https://twitter.com/AlexKennedyNBA/status/474770601186705408)

Tim Duncan says this was one of the most uncomfortable games he has ever played, because of the heat: "It was pretty bad out there." (https://twitter.com/AlexKennedyNBA/status/474766618321776640)

PISS

Resilient

The fuck. The Lebron hate here is fucking ridiculous. Almost as bad as MiamiWesker getting called out for being a LLL. Funny how everything has come full circle and we have bandwagoner Lebron haters now doing it just because. Dude has proved he is a beast. Also is human too. Some real dumb posts in here.

THRILLH0

Banned
Three years ago it would have been fun to shit on LeBron after tonight but he's just bludgeoned us with greatness over the past couple of years to the point that it seems pretty dumb.

With that being said...

Keep saying that, but the Heat probably would have had this game won if not for the AC going out. The NBA better keep a watchful eye on whoever's in charge of maintenance.

This is just the best.

I once got cramps in both my calves, in middle school football, that sent me plummeting to the ground as if I was shot. I feel for Lebron. You could say I was the Lebron James of falling on my face, I was that good.

Into

"Big 3" implies there are 2 other players who can step up and steer the ship, at least for a few minutes, in the NBA finals, surely?!. Miami still fell to 36 points in fourth quarter, and only got 17.

The LeBron fans vs. Non fans debate is sidestepping the actual game. Spurs still beat OKC on the road after missing Parker out for half, because the other guys turned up and they arent a one man team.

Anyway it was a great game for neutrals, fun to watch except the cramps and the ugly turnovers that Spurs had, just hideous.

Seriously, as a Spurs fan, I think the Spurs just dodged a bullet. I couldn't remember last time when they turn the ball over this many time and still win. They only played their style of basketball in the last 7 minutes and they went on a whooping 36-17 run. If I were Pop I will run through Tim Duncan every single time for the rest of the series. The Heat clearly has no answer for Timmy so they swomp the paint will small guys and leave Spurs snipers wide-open and the paid the price dearly.

Siegcram

Seriously, as a Spurs fan, I think the Spurs just dodged a bullet. I couldn't remember last time when they turn the ball over this many time and still win. They only played their style of basketball in the last 7 minutes and they went on a whooping 36-17 run. If I were Pop I will run through Tim Duncan every single time for the rest of the series. The Heat clearly has no answer for Timmy so they swomp the paint will small guys and leave Spurs snipers wide-open and the paid the price dearly.
I don't think Duncan can carry an offense alone at this point of his career.
Even last night he had trouble passing out of the double team and had 5 TOs.

After the reactions last night I'm positive that no one hating have had cramps before, and the judging from ignorance is amusing.

It sucks that it happened in the finals, but cramping happens to anybody who plays sports. I'm amused that everyone's acting like LeBron had a career-ending injury, but it can happen to anybody at anytime.

After the reactions last night I'm positive that no one hating have had cramps before, and the judging from ignorance is amusing.

I think its been established that people have had cramps. I think it's been established that dehydration cramps are debilitating. How many times is this HURR DURR never played sports shit gonna come up?

I also think heat fans are salty as hell right now because when Lebron went down and they took an L

I don't think it's really fair to throw shade at Lebron when Pop will straight up pull the starters if need be. I know they're different situations, but they have to be real careful here.

That being said, holy shit Lebron you're providing a lot of evidence that you fold like a pack of cards in heat.

It was hilarious reading that ESPN story about how Miami's arena is super cold now just to accomodate him. The Major League: Back to the Minors watcher in me makes me think the Spurs did that shit on purpose! :p

I don't think it's really fair to throw shade at Lebron when Pop will straight up pull the starters if need be. I know they're different situations, but they have to be real careful here.

That being said, holy shit Lebron you're providing a lot of evidence that you fold like a pack of cards in heat.

It was hilarious reading that ESPN story about how Miami's arena is super cold now just to accomodate him. The Major League: Back to the Minors watcher in me makes me think the Spurs did that shit on purpose! :p

Not that I'd ever wanna agree or side with Heat fans, but dude didn't fold. They've won back to back championships on Lebron's back. He's the real deal whether you like him or not. He couldn't MOVE

I really hope King James is okay. He's the best player of all time, and he's on my Heat, so I've been worried about him since Pop gave the word to kill the AC.

Not that I'd ever wanna agree or side with Heat fans, but dude didn't fold. They've won back to back championships on Lebron's back. He's the real deal whether you like him or not. He couldn't MOVE

Dude, Lebron is absolutely ridiculous and deserves every singe accolade he gets. Them going to the Finals 4 years in a row means they're legit as fuck. And I remember last year when Lebon cramped up against the Thunder, and pulled some ridiculous hero shit out of his ass :p

But that being said, you have to admit that there's a ton of ammunition for his critics now after this. I think it's just a short term thing though, especially if they end up winning the series.

Such a weird game overall though.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
But that being said, you have to admit that there's a ton of ammunition for his critics now after this. I think it's just a short term thing though, especially if they end up winning the series.

Such a weird game overall though.

I would agree with this, if Lebron was sucking it up all game, but he wasn't. Lebron was playing great on both ends.

Dude, Lebron is absolutely ridiculous and deserves every singe accolade he gets. Them going to the Finals 4 years in a row means they're legit as fuck. And I remember last year when Lebon cramped up against the Thunder, and pulled some ridiculous hero shit out of his ass :p

But that being said, you have to admit that there's a ton of ammunition for his critics now after this.

I guess I'm not understanding how an involuntary lock up of the body's muscles provides ammunition for critics. Those kind of cramps return without rest, and they make you sore as fuck.

I don't like the heat. I'm enjoying their fans tears about the L because it was an L, but I didn't want to see it go down like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom