• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NHL Playoffs |OT2| 'Yoff Harder

Velcro Fly

I was at Disney World when the Hawks beat the Kings last year. I'll be there again if the series goes 7. Remember sitting in my hotel room and screaming so loud when they won. Whole family and most of my friends are Hawks fans so hope they get it done again.

I just treated everyone to KBBQ.

Maybe I drank too much? Could've saved it for Teemu's.

Good series. Not salty.

Remember: SmackCrackleNPop > Kingslunk. All day.

Heretic, Dastardly, Giggzy, Calamari, Perev7

Just be happy guys. Things look good for the future.

I'm sad for Teemu. We had unfinished business.

Next year. Different result.
iJCEyYI.gif

~Kinggi~

Banned
I was at Disney World when the Hawks beat the Kings last year. I'll be there again if the series goes 7. Remember sitting in my hotel room and screaming so loud when they won. Whole family and most of my friends are Hawks fans so hope they get it done again.

BUt......you at Disney World son go to Epcot and get shit faced DRUNK what are you DOING sir!?

Quick

Banned
I just treated everyone to KBBQ.

Maybe I drank too much? Could've saved it for Teemu's.

Good series. Not salty.

Remember: SmackCrackleNPop > Kingslunk. All day.

Heretic, Dastardly, Giggzy, Calamari, Perev7

Just be happy guys. Things look good for the future.

I'm sad for Teemu. We had unfinished business.

Next year. Different result.
http://i.imgur.com/iJCEyYI.gif/img][/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://i.minus.com/ifg4sJSI3H7nr.gif

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Losing faith, M? ):

I didn't think we could beat the Penguins in the first place. :D

But seriously, Montreal always beats us, especially in Montreal. Our only hope is that Hank's numbers against the Habs are all regular season numbers, and maybe Playoff Hank handles Bell Centre differently than Regular Season Hank. Otherwise we're toast.

Teemu is the classiest player ever.

Oh man I'm drunk. My spelling is still perfect though.

Where's Kingslunk?

Clydefrog and Pickles. Good series. Not salty. Jack Remington is cool too. Keep on calling us the swans.

Go Blackhawks go? Or Habs?

HABS.

Edit: anyone but the Kings?

the fuck happened to the feathered alliance?

Kings seem off this year, almost apathetic at times. They don't seem to flip a switch until they're facing elimination. Then again the Hawks have seemed disinterested too. Kings will be motivated to avenge last year but they've played 14 games already. Schedule is favouring them though.

UberTag

The NHL GAF playoff bracket hasn't been updated to reflect tonight's game but I believe InvaderZimmer now leads with 11 points.
He still has a fully live Western Conference bracket as he pegged the Blackhawks-Kings showdown.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Fuck afternoon games, it'll be a miracle if the Habs pull out a win today. It will be refreshing to play a team that isn't dirty and full of knuckledraggers, although I don't expect it to be very entertaining going on the regular season matchups.

Yep, Rangers and Habs are in the finals because Price and Lundqvist with 95%+ save percentages, ridiculous. (95.5 - Lundqvist, 96.7!!!! Price)
Might also have something to do with the Habs being the highest scoring team team in the playoffs, only allowing 2 PK goals while our best PKer was in the box, and having a terrific PP while continues to shine, and our defense shutting down some of the best offensive players /lines in the league. But you're probably right, Price sure is the only reason.

Red_Man

I responded like that because saying they swept a great team, and then beat the best team in the league purely on Price's shoulders just isn't true. He only stole one game during the Bruins series, there are a lot of factors working favourably for the Habs right now, and they're playing their best hockey they have all year.

Red_Man

Therrien has completely adjusted his coaching from the regular season, the team has a great 2 man forecheck going almost constantly, something we never saw in the regular season. While guys like Bourque and Eller are scoring at above average shooting percentages, our top players are shooting below it. It's a total team effort, and they're finally playing the way Hab fans have wanted them to play all year.

Red_Man

I've never really been one to believe in turning points in a season aside from a major player going down, but the comeback win against Ottawa with a second left seriously changed this team. Ever since then they have been a machine and believed in themselves and found that gear. Also Price's experience at the Olympics was invaluable, he's a new player and you can see it in him both on and off the ice. How can you hate Patches? I get he doesn't come off as very likeable, but I don't see how he's dislikeable. Guy has never done a malicious thing in his life.

zroid

Banned
I was cheering for Tampa in the first round because of Stamkos, but that series really enlightened me to what a great squad Montreal has, both in terms of skill and personality. Aside from a couple games against Boston, they've been a very exciting team to watch throughout the 'yoffs. Not gonna let petty rivalries get in the way of supporting good hockey.

Red_Man

Patches was just getting going at the end of that Boston series too after having to deal with Chara / Bergeron, it wouldn't surprise me if he got 5-6 goals in this series against the Rangers.

MacAttack

I have a lot of respect for the Habs team coming out of that series, the rivalry between these teams (Bos/Mtl) will only be enhanced if Montreal can pull off a Cup win. I can't even hate.

Their fanbase is as insufferable as ever though.
;)

I'm still pissed off that we can't have the old unbalanced schedule where some real hatred can develop during the season, you just don't get that stuff playing only 4/5 times a season.
I could do without playing so many games against the Western Conference.

I do like the division playoff format and perhaps it is best to save that kind of animosity for when the games really count.

cube444

Patches was just getting going at the end of that Boston series too after having to deal with Chara / Bergeron, it wouldn't surprise me if he got 5-6 goals in this series against the Rangers.

Come on man. Crosby has 1 goal in his last 18 playoff games.

Reposting because fuck final post in last page for a joke:

Alright, so overall my expectations were "pass the first round" and "take the Kings to 7 games" - so with that said and done, my expectations for this postseason were met. I'm cool with that. Just wish we didn't get blown out like that.

We had an awesome season. What a 20th anniversary. The graduation of Lindholm was a surprise and it paid off. Silfverberg was fantastic until he fucked his wrist up, and then surprised me with awesome two-way play. Beauchemin was solid for the most part once again. Vatanen proved to be essential on the blue line and Fowler is now OUR BEST DEFENCEMAN! I've been waiting for that since we drafted him. Robidas was also an excellent pickup and it's a serious shame we saw him get injured. I can only imagine what would've happened if he stayed with us... Then again, I wonder what would happen if LA had Regher and Mitchell too...

Ph4XAn6.jpg

The era of Gibson and Andersen starting is great for our goaltending. The throwback game was awesome. Possible Hart year for Getzlaf. The outdoor game was awesome. Sweeping LA at home and away. The regular season was just SO MUCH FUN. Pacific Division champions in a new and tough division? I'll fuckin' take it.

7Z0CPly.jpg

And we were also blessed with some new members in here, which turned out to be more than fantastic additions. Welcome Giggzy, Smack and Calamari - I'm proud to have you guys as fellow Ducks GAF brethren.

aEQElvF.gif

Looking forward to the draft for sure. Can't wait to see what we do with Ottawas pick and to see who we sign and where.

And forever and ever, we will love you Teemu and Koivu. You guys have done phenomenal things for the organisation that I could never put into words. I can't wait to see Teemus number hanging from the rafters (OUR FIRST JERSEY RETIREMENT! WOO!).

<3 this team.

LP2XfBG.jpg

I'm out to the offseason thread, and coming back in here to post Hawks and Habs love.

LATERS!

888w4K1.gif

Red_Man

Come on man. Crosby has 1 goal in his last 18 playoff games.
Check Pacioretty's records, he always goes on cold streaks then scores 8-7 in 8 games. Plus he was shadowed by Bergeron and Chara for 7 games, Rangers don't have anyone like that. Him breaking out a bit isn't outlandish at all.

Top Bottom