• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NHL Playoffs |OT2| 'Yoff Harder

Merguson

Banned
I don't usually make a lot of predictions but I think whoever comes out of the West will be the team to win the Stanley Cup. Both the Hawks and Kings have too much talent and experience for the Rangers/Habs to handle.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
And it just finally hit me, one of Rags or Bahs are going to be in the finals no matter what.

What a sad time for Hockey.

Sens out.
Leafs out.
Bruins out.
Pens out.
Wings out.
Devils out.
Oilers out.

Has there been a better time in hockey in recent memory? The answer is no.

Red_Man

Habs radio guy who's had scoops before just said that a source of his has reported that Therrien has already signed a new contract, and they're waiting until after the playoffs to announce it. After these playoffs I don't think anyone can argue against. I'm eating major crow right now.

Rooting for Habs and Kings so we can have a redo of 93. So stoked that the kings pulled it off last night but I was sad to see Teemu go. Great series ducks.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Habs radio guy who's had scoops before just said that a source of his has reported that Therrien has already signed a new contract, and they're waiting until after the playoffs to announce it. After these playoffs I don't think anyone can argue against. I'm eating major crow right now.

#ReHireTherrien

Between Therein and Deharnais a lot of us have been proved wrong, but man, DD was bad at the start of the season.

Red_Man

#ReHireTherrien

Between Therein and Deharnais a lot of us have been proved wrong, but man, DD was bad at the start of the season.
The hate for both of them was warranted, DD's resurgence has been pretty incredible. I still don't think we can go all the way with him, but he's doing everything to prove me wrong.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Great post Dastardly, expressed my thoughts way better than I could have in my food-drunk state last night. And thanks to you and the rest of Ducks GAF for the warm welcome. When I realized that OT Discussion even existed in the first place and found this thread, I was planning on just lurking here and there for fresh info and things like that. But then I discovered that NHL GAF is the most fun community on these forums, and now I get in trouble with my wife because I pay more attention to you guys than her during games.

More than anything, though, I am really excited for the future contributions of all our new Kings GAF members from last night. The more the merrier, I always say.

Red_Man

I really enjoyed that Bruins fan that wanted Subban killed because he didn't let Thorton paste him. I Wonder what happened to him...

Pikma

Banned
8 more games for the kings.

Go kings go.

image.php

Does not compute

But of course, as a Stars fan, I'll support the team that kicked out those Anaheim fuckers, I'm still bitter for that stupid game 6.

Great post Dastardly.

The future looks very bright for the team. Honestly when the season started I didn't know what to make of the defense and the young players but Cam Fowler stepped it up. Lindholm was an amazing surprise. SO GOOD. And he's not even 20? Hoping Sami is on the team permanently. Also Etem, Smith Pelly, Gibson, Rackell. We should be able to be near the top for years to come.

It's been great posting in the NHL threads over the year. It was my favorite thread to lurk in while I was waiting for membership approval (and actually I didn't realize it was approved until months later) .

CakeBoss' GIF one more time:

ibeNp73bJHdiZ5.gif

and some Flair
2375254148_3201d51045_o.gif

Red_Man

Conference finals. We're finally back here Habs-Bros, enjoy it regardless of the outcome. Good luck to Rangers-Gaf, look forward to a good, clean series.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Kreider-Stepan-Nash
Hagelin-Richards-St.Louis
Pouliot-Brassard-Zuccarello
Boyle-D.Moore-Dorsett

McDonagh-Girardi
Staal-Stralman
J.Moore-Klein

vs.

Pacioretty-Desharnais-Gallagher
Bournival-Plekanec-Vanek
Bourque-Eller-Gionta
Prust-Briere-Weise

Gorges-Subban
Markov-Emelin
Beaulieu-Weaver

Red_Man

<3 Weise

I bet Tabris was in an elevator with Weise.
:lol :lol

What a great piece, he's become one of my favourite Habs over these playoffs. I love how much he enjoys playing for this team, and how much attention he's getting now, and deservedly so.

iLLmAtlc

Excited for this game.

Honestly I wouldn't mind if either Habs or Rangers went to the cup, I've always sorta looked the Habs dating back to the 2002 Theodore run and I'd be happy for AV.

inb4LAWLhabesfansince2002

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Oh man. I take it you didn't see it then.

They're STILL not in the arena aside from about 5 seconds of the team skating around. The studio goons are talking about the Kings right now.

EDIT: Now they've finally kicked it back to the arena.

And now commercials!

Man, I was looking forward to the in-arena hype for this, too. Should be using Hockeystreams instead, I guess.

Red_Man

I'm worried about an emotional let down game, but Therrien should do a good job of keeping them focused, that's one thing he's always been consistent at.

Ricker

Story in the local newspaper here about a guy paying 4k for a ticket today and that some are going for 20k a pair for the 2 games in NY....damn,must be nice to be rich lol...

Top Bottom