• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NHL Playoffs |OT2| 'Yoff Harder

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
By bother, Desharnais clearly implied (in French) that they were going to give him a similar treatment to what Kreider gave (unintentionally, it has to be said) Price.

"Rangers tried to take out best player out of the game. We will try to do the same to their in Game 2."

No, you clearly changed what he said. Troll. He said they tried to bother their goalie and they would have to do the same, as in "Lundqvist is a good goalie so we have to challenge him more".

No, you clearly changed what he said. Troll. He said they tried to bother their goalie and they would have to do the same, as in "Lundqvist is a good goalie so we have to challenge him more".

Please stop with the ad hominem. Pathetic.

I heard what I heard. If it means they will try to injure HL on purpose, who knows? But given what happened to Price and the severity of his injury (TBD), I might very well be on the money here.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Please stop with the ad hominem. Pathetic.

I heard what I heard. If it means they will try to injure HL on purpose, who knows? But given what happened to Price and the severity of his injury (TBD), I might very well be on the money here.

He said "THEY tried to bother our goalie, we'll have to do the same", THEY, he was talking about the team as a whole during the game, and that they would have to do the same.

He said "THEY tried to bother our goalie", THEY, he was talking about the team as a whole during the game.

Fair enough. Let's agree to disagree then. I am sure that DD was very emotional and clearly didn't think long enough before talking, but he is not a dirty player. All Montreal can and should do is regroup and think about Game 2.

Do we even know what is going on with Price? Is he actually injured?

Price is fine. Not injured. - per Therrien (not quite sure; heard it from somewhere else (I shut down my feed)

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
He said "THEY tried to bother our goalie, we'll have to do the same", THEY, he was talking about the team as a whole during the game, and that they would have to do the same.

The Habs really went after Kreider early in the third period, and there seemed to be a sense that they felt he tried to take Price out.

I doubt that's what DD was trying to say, though, and Therrien after the game said he thought it was completely accidental, so I don't really expect anything to come of it.

Ricker

Price just had one of his Price days...he still has them,less then before thankfully,but yeah,it's like he is not there and doesnt give a crap...but the whole team today weren't there...hopefully now that the Rangers gave them a wake up call,the high from beating the Bruins and going into this series,at home,taking the first game lightly etc etc,we shall see a better effort on Monday lol...that was pathetic.

Heretic

Reposting because fuck final post in last page for a joke:

Alright, so overall my expectations were "pass the first round" and "take the Kings to 7 games" - so with that said and done, my expectations for this postseason were met. I'm cool with that. Just wish we didn't get blown out like that.

We had an awesome season. What a 20th anniversary. The graduation of Lindholm was a surprise and it paid off. Silfverberg was fantastic until he fucked his wrist up, and then surprised me with awesome two-way play. Beauchemin was solid for the most part once again. Vatanen proved to be essential on the blue line and Fowler is now OUR BEST DEFENCEMAN! I've been waiting for that since we drafted him. Robidas was also an excellent pickup and it's a serious shame we saw him get injured. I can only imagine what would've happened if he stayed with us... Then again, I wonder what would happen if LA had Regher and Mitchell too...

Ph4XAn6.jpg

The era of Gibson and Andersen starting is great for our goaltending. The throwback game was awesome. Possible Hart year for Getzlaf. The outdoor game was awesome. Sweeping LA at home and away. The regular season was just SO MUCH FUN. Pacific Division champions in a new and tough division? I'll fuckin' take it.

7Z0CPly.jpg

And we were also blessed with some new members in here, which turned out to be more than fantastic additions. Welcome Giggzy, Smack and Calamari - I'm proud to have you guys as fellow Ducks GAF brethren.

aEQElvF.gif

Looking forward to the draft for sure. Can't wait to see what we do with Ottawas pick and to see who we sign and where.

And forever and ever, we will love you Teemu and Koivu. You guys have done phenomenal things for the organisation that I could never put into words. I can't wait to see Teemus number hanging from the rafters (OUR FIRST JERSEY RETIREMENT! WOO!).

<3 this team.

LP2XfBG.jpg

I'm out to the offseason thread, and coming back in here to post Hawks and Habs love.

LATERS!

888w4K1.gif
Late but...

Awesome post, Captain! I feel the same. Hated how it ended but the journey was amazing!

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Uh, but then they would have missed out on Louie Leblanc.

And yeah, an organization's mistakes are never so apparent as when they come back to hurt them.

Yeah all the guys we traded away really came back to hurt us these playoffs.

-cries-

Mentok

Banned
Terrible showing from the Habs, right after Bergevin hinted at extending Therrien. Hope we forget this one and show up on Monday!

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Glad I missed that shit show, what the fuck happened?

All I saw in the highlights were defensemen fucking up over and over again.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Renaud Lavoie &#8207;@renlavoietva 1h
Canadiens players thinks that Chris Kreider fell on Carey Price on purpose. Rangers think he's injured. Habs are saying no. #tvasports

Acid08

Banned
Canadiens players thinks that Chris Kreider fell on Carey Price on purpose. Rangers think he's injured. Habs are saying no. #tvasports
Could get nasty. Don't want players trying to one up each other for big hits.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible

Didn't know the Rangers were medical experts lol The way that line sounds, reminded me of the Karate Kid when the kid is told to break karate kid's leg by his coach.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Fair enough. Let's agree to disagree then. I am sure that DD was very emotional and clearly didn't think long enough before talking, but he is not a dirty player. All Montreal can and should do is regroup and think about Game 2.
Are you Sanjuro's alt or just that bad at trolling? I'm not sure if you're aware, but you guys lost to the Habs and this is where you're suppose to be posting now:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=792956

Roflobear

Didn't know the Rangers were medical experts lol The way that line sounds, reminded me of the Karate Kid when the kid is told to break karate kid's leg by his coach.

Pretty sure every team in every professional sport has medical experts. Also I doubt Kreider was told to put his career on the line by sliding into Price the way he did

Red_Man

It's a pretty big stretch implying Kreider did it on purpose, but it shouldn't be surprising after having their asses handed to them that the players may think that was the case. Implying they're going to be out to intentionally injure Hank now is idiotic.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
Pretty sure every team in every professional sport has medical experts. Also I doubt Kreider was told to put his career on the line by sliding into Price the way he did

How can the Rangers make such a statement without their experts getting a first hand look? That intentional injury part wasn't me thinking there was anything done on purpose.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
How can the Rangers make such a statement without their experts getting a first hand look? That intentional injury part wasn't me thinking there was anything done on purpose.

I'm pretty sure it's just a sentiment expressed by some of the players. If you look at how they attacked Price at the end of the second, too, they went after his right side to test him. Kreider's goal was low and right past that right leg that Price was favoring after being bowled over. The last goal against him was the result of Price having to cheat off the post in order to be able to get to where he thought Zucc was going to be, and Richards was able to take advantage of that. Whether that was because he wasn't sure about his leg or not is another matter, but I imagine the Rangers are looking at both of those plays and wondering if he was hurt there.

Red_Man

Kreiders shot was a perfect one at his speed, and that goal after was just poor decision making by Price. I don't think he's 100% but I'm expecting him to be in game 2.

Top Bottom