• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NHL Playoffs |OT2| 'Yoff Harder

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
welcome to 20 years of Habs puck dumping style then heading to the bench for the change instead of creating offensive plays.

Habs can only score on powerplays and counter-attack. I have never seen them stay in the offensive zone for more than a full minute in years

Markov just quitting on the play, and not being there for the Vanek back pass in game 4, still pisses me off.

Exactly. Nobody on god's green earth thinks, Chelios...Montreal Superstar.

He is Detroit, with a dash of Chicago, and a desert of Montreal.
I think of him getting owned by Hextall
hextall-chelios-o.gif

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
One of the more frustrating things about this series is Therrien never played Beaulieu and barely played Tinordi this year, so he doesn't have them as options over Murray / Bouillon. Beaulieu is exactly what we need against the Bruins.

Markov just quitting on the play, and not being there for the Vanek back pass in game 4 still pisses me off.

every Montreal radio station were blaming Vanek,

but you and me saw Markov just turn his back on an offensive play.

A good D-man holds the point to keep the puck inside the blue line, Markov just turns his back and goes ''where is my paycheck?''

Heshinsi

A good D-man holds the point to keep the puck inside the blue line, Markov just turns his back and goes ''where is my paycheck?''

It would have been a glorious opportunity too. The Habs could have won that game if it wasn't for some bad breaks like that and Pacioretty over shooting the open corner.

Red_Man

Patches is just off, he would have 2 goals in the last 2 games if he was normal.

Markov is the least of this teams problems.... He's been one of our best D men all playoffs. That was a dumb pass from Vanek, he shouldn't have to be told to shoot. Blaming that one on Markov in a 0-0 game is just stupid.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Vanek didn't have a problem, it was Pac who was neutralized, and that's all you need to do to neutralize the 1st trio. Therrien should have worked to fix that instead of moving Vanek around, who is now searching for a solution that has nothing to do with himself.

Sanjuro

Vanek didn't have a problem, it was Pac who was neutralized, and that's all you need to do to neutralize the 1st trio. Therrien should have worked to fix that instead of moving Vanek around, who is now searching for a solution that has nothing to do with himself.

He has been trying to meet us physically, hence the "goon team" criticism.

Red_Man

Exactly. Being unable to separate DD & Patches handicaps this team before they even play. I don't really get all the dog piling on Vanek, I don't know what kind of player people are expecting him to be.

Mentok

Banned
Exactly. Being unable to separate DD & Patches handicaps this team before they even play. I don't really get all the dog piling on Vanek, I don't know what kind of player people are expecting him to be.

Yeah I still don't get how DD and Patches are paired together as the #1 line....

Red_Man

Yeah I still don't get how DD and Patches are paired together as the #1 line....

Because Therrien is an idiot.
Because they can't be separated. They've both openly said they only ever want to play with each other, and DD only has success with big wingers. Well never be able to contend if they can't be separated. DD needs to be shipped out.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
There's no reason to undo the first trio, you guys are crazy. It's the coach's job to figure out how to prevent his first line from being neutralized, not separate them.

edit`: WHY IS BRIERE NOT PLAYING.

Heshinsi

Because they can't be separated. They've both openly said they only ever want to play with each other, and DD only has success with big wingers. Well never be able to contend if they can't be separated. DD needs to be shipped out.

What are they babies? Everyone else gets moved around. Briere is scratched after playing decent, Vanek gets dumped down, and yet these two can't be separated?

theosi

I'd like to see how vanek briere and patches would work together. Therrien will never break up dd and patches though and dd isn't capable of playing with any other linemates.

Top Bottom