• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015-2016 NCAA Men's Basketball |OT| 2 can play the 1-and-done game

inm8num2

MSU down 24-12 to Oakland w/ 11 to go in the 1st. Guess that's what happens when you lose your leader in points, rebounds, and assists.

edit: it was 34-19 a couple minutes ago, but a few transition buckets and a 3 get it to 34-28.

edit 2: Oakland hot from deep, 40-32. I don't know who I'm talking to with these edits.

Yeah.... I wonder if a new AD has had to hire a football, basketball, and baseball coach i the same academic year.

Because I think the basketball coach has to be on his way out. Recruits pretty well when he isn't caught cheating. But can't coach for shit. Just no development and constantly losing to teams we should not be losing to.

And I know this isn't a baseball thread, but we basically have the same issues as basketball there too.

reKon

Banned
MSU down 24-12 to Oakland w/ 11 to go in the 1st. Guess that's what happens when you lose your leader in points, rebounds, and assists.

edit: it was 34-19 a couple minutes ago, but a few transition buckets and a 3 get it to 34-28.

edit 2: Oakland hot from deep, 40-32. I don't know who I'm talking to with these edits.

there's no excuse to be losing this

inm8num2

there's no excuse to be losing this

It's the turnovers. No rhythm in the offense and no chemistry with the ball handling. Definitely missing Valentine's leadership.

Based on talent and coaching MSU shouldn't be losing, but gotta give all the credit to Oakland for hitting big shots and forcing all the turnovers w/ aggressive defense.

edit - overtime, LOL @ all those fouls

67zrflV.png

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Just listened to Gary Parrish and Scott Norlander discuss/argue about whether or not Monmouth should be ranked.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebas...-valentines-knee-injury-affect-michigan-state

If you don't feel like listening Norlander says you should be ranked and Parish keeps calling all Scott's reason stupid even though he says he's not against your being ranked.

I will have to listen to this. We received 6 votes, which was around he number we received a couple of weeks back after the advocare tourney with notre dame and USC wins. But we laid a dud against canisius. Should be interesting going forward.

And yea Rutgers isn't happy that we beat them in a couple of sports.

Speaking of breaks, Cam Ridley for UT broke his foot. He has been our most reliable guy this year so it hurts us for sure. His backup Shaq Cleare is undersized ( height wise, not weight wise ) and pretty inefficient as a Center. There's a chance he'll be back by March so if we sneak into the tournament he may be back in time to play, but we may not be dancing anyway so its moot

DominoKid

is it conference play yet?

im so ready to see UNC play some games that matter. need to feel that real stress that dont come from non-conference play.

inm8num2

Hopefully they can keep it going. An Iowa win helps our case.

MSU looks very rough without Valentine. Absolutely no rhythm on offense. Can't see them coming back in this one.

Hell, they would have lost to Oakland last week had it not been for Forbes hitting something like seven 3-pointers.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Duke's playing a game? What the crap, it's working hours!

I had the same problem with Michigan. This is the one week all year I'm on days and would be home to watch a night game live. So of course the B1G schedules our game for 2PM. Then I got off early and could have made it to BWW for the second half but NOPE flat tire in the parking lot. Got to see the last 80 seconds is all.

I'd complain about Duke almost giving up 80 points to no-names in Cameron, but...nah, don't really feel like it.

The ACC sked with no Amile will be interesting.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Good game, Fellows. I hope this season is rock bottom for us, because if it isn't I don't know what is?

It'd be hard to imagine a team with more bad luck than you guys have had this year. Thorne alone really changes the complexion of todays game not to mention Black and Abrams(or Lewis who has been getting better).

Clemson might as well get that bus cranked up.

These cats (no pun intended) didn't even wait until late in the second half to start choking in Chapel Hill again.

58-0 on deck

clav

All right. Who's ready for basketball?

Will Northwestern finally enter the NCAA tournament this year?

Dererk Pardon played well in his first game.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
No Levert for Michigan today and Derrick Walton has had the worst start of any UM PG in recent memory and we're still up 2 on PSU. I'll take it.

Fjordson

Whew UK coming out firing for conference play.

This is a weird team though, not sure the pieces fit. Our three guard lineup is pretty dope with Poythress as a small ball 4, but Poy can be really inconsistent. And I figured Skal Labissiere would be our best player, but he's been pretty shitty thus far.

It would be hilarious if post season ineligible SMU finishes the season undefeated, and then some ~ 5 loss team goes on hot streak to win the NCAA tournament. SMU could get the AP national championship lol

DominoKid

god fucking damn every game we let some dude bust us for 5+ 3s.

and it's not like this dude is out the blue with it cause he did it last fucking year.

DominoKid

Brice is fucking snapping my god. 30 and 16 with 10 minutes left. Hitting FSU with everything.
Meeks might need to find the bench when he come back.

Bowser

Brice Johnson just put up the first 30/20 game in CAROLINA HISTORY.

Not only that, he annihilated it with 39/23 (plus 3 steals and 3 blocks). He fucking could have gone for 40/25 if not for a couple missed FTs and a few boards that bounced wrong.

Wow.

edit: apparently the first one in UNC history stat is wrong:

Turner Walston ‏@TurnerWalston 16m16 minutes ago
That’s not quite true. B. Cunningham had 48 and 25 against Tulane on 12/10/1964.

Top Bottom