• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015-2016 NCAA Men's Basketball |OT| 2 can play the 1-and-done game

Proelite

Not even mad about this loss. Can't play a game when the front court is unable to guard due to foul trouble and depth problems.

This team has me scressed in basically irrelevant January road games.

Why'd Tyus, Justice, and Jah have to leave? Why couldn't they wait one more year to exercise their rights to monetize their talents and instead toiled for free for the NCAA cartel?

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
This team has me scressed in basically irrelevant January road games.

Why'd Tyus, Justice, and Jah have to leave? Why couldn't they wait one more year to exercise their rights to monetize their talents and instead toiled for free for the NCAA cartel?

You realize about this time last year, Miami beat the shit out of Duke in Cameron....

That being said, Tyus should have stayed. Probably would have made some more money.

Proelite

Lost to a team that didn't even play that well.

Made more sense to lose to Wake than Clemson since Wake was playing better last week.

Rofl we shot 49% from the field. Idk y Coach K played the slow tempo.

This is just one of those years. No need to stress over it (ever, really, we're all older than these kids, even you, Grover). Maybe a Sweet 16, but probably nothing beyond that. Ingram will be in the league next year (hopefully about 15-20 pounds heavier), maybe Allen. The rest (sans the graduating Plumlee) will come back better, and next year's freshman will hopefully be a bit more ready to play out of the gate.

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
What's the deal with Vrankovic, anyway? Is he just glorified walk-on level as an extra body in practice, or is he a project that we're expecting to get real playing time next year or the year after? Is he a missed pick-up like Obi, or were the expectations just low to begin with?

What's the deal with Vrankovic, anyway? Is he just glorified walk-on level as an extra body in practice, or is he a project that we're expecting to get real playing time next year or the year after? Is he a missed pick-up like Obi, or were the expectations just low to begin with?

He was a 3-star recruit, not top 100, if I recall correctly. Probably a reach to recruit him, but with the cupboard bare at that time (Ingram and Thornton had not committed by then), they probably felt they had to offer and hope for the best.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
That poor lady, though. 25 year olds should not die of cancer.

Some Duke fans are taking that tweet way too seriously, like getting really mad about it. I'm sure Andrew Smith hated Duke like most college basketball players/fans hate Duke, especially any one associated with Butler because of the 2010 title game.
This is someone just trying to find small comforts after having her world destroyed by cancer.

Some Duke fans are taking that tweet way too seriously, like getting really mad about it. I'm sure Andrew Smith hated Duke like most college basketball players/fans hate Duke, especially any one associated with Butler because of the 2010 title game.
This is someone just trying to find small comforts after having her world destroyed by cancer.

Those people need to chill, like for real. There are bigger things than the outcomes of games.

This reminds me of the Meredith Legg Stapleton story. That was a couple of years ago, the Duke-Carolina game that was rescheduled because of snow. Duke lost, that's whatever. That young lady had a special moment in her last days. I can deal with Duke losing a dumb game.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Hoping Iowa is using up all their mojo in this one. We go to Iowa City Sunday and it sounds like we'll be without Mr Glass Caris Levert once again.

Bowser

ICYMI Carolina received the commitment of 2018 (!) 6'7" PG (!!!) Leaky Black of Concord, NC tonight. Currently ranked as the top in-state prospect in the class of 2018. He might be 7' by the time he actually gets on campus. Could be Carolina's version of Anthony Davis.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Damn that Monmouth vs Iona game was ridiculous.... After the Iona coach went after the bench earlier in the day, I knew it was going to get chippy. The coaches dislike each other and it all boiled over after the game. That open hand slap was some of the most disrespectful bitch made things I have seen in a while.

My boys got the W and Robinson had 29, but damn Iona's Aj English is a stud.... Dropped 45 and will be playing in the league next year.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Damn that Monmouth vs Iona game was ridiculous.... After the Iona coach went after the bench earlier in the day, I knew it was going to get chippy. The coaches dislike each other and it all boiled over after the game. That open hand slap was some of the most disrespectful bitch made things I have seen in a while.

My boys got the W and Robinson had 29, but damn Iona's Aj English is a stud.... Dropped 45 and will be playing in the league next year.

Always the best way to get revenge.

Ingram with 4 fouls with 17 minutes left. lol

Can we just fast forward to next season already?

EDIT: At least Luke Kennard's turning into White Jesus (Shuttlesworth)

Proelite

Ingram with 4 fouls with 17 minutes left. lol

Can we just fast forward to next season already?

EDIT: At least Luke Kennard's turning into White Jesus (Shuttlesworth)

I am more confident in this year's team than last year's team at the same point in the season.

Amile Jefferson is out what do you expect.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Unless Amile is going to turn into three dudes at once, there's only so much he can help.

This team just doesn't have enough bodies.

Amile is the main defensive communicator on the team, just like Kelly was in 13. Defense went to shit tier when he went out too...also with a foot injury.

So really, it might be time to go back to adidas.

As for what I expect, no I don't expect Duke to look very good without Amile, but they didn't look that amazing with him either.

It's just an OK Duke team at the end of the day. They're probably going to crash out in the NCAAT against Middle Tennessee Valley State in the second round and that's fine, you can't win every year.

reKon

Banned
I didn't get to watch this game, but 28 personal vs 15 for Wisconsin and MSU did better in virtually every stat except they had 3 more turnovers. Free throw shooting was 36 vs 16 attempts favoring Wisconsin.

Either MSU was legitimate hacking all game or there was something seriously wrong with the refs in this game. I'm guessing it was the latter and this shit is continuing to ruin college basketball.

Proelite

I didn't get to watch this game, but 28 personal vs 15 for Wisconsin and MSU did better in virtually every stat except they had 3 more turnovers. Free throw shooting was 36 vs 16 attempts favoring Wisconsin.

Either MSU was legitimate hacking all game or there was something seriously wrong with the refs in this game. I'm guessing it was the latter and this shit is continuing to ruin college basketball.

New reffing rules are stricter. Should lead to more fouls called, which conversely means more fouls are going to be missed since reffs are overworked.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Good game Servbot. You guys executed really well and nailed big shots every time we made a run.

The good news is our next 4 games are Minnesota, @ Nebraska, Rutgers, and @ Penn State so we should be able to get on a role before we play Indiana.

Servbot24

Banned
Good game Servbot. You guys executed really well and nailed big shots every time we made a run.

The good news is our next 4 games are Minnesota, @ Nebraska, Rutgers, and @ Penn State so we should be able to get on a role before we play Indiana.

Both teams played pretty well I thought, fun game to watch!

I think we drop the next game against either Maryland or Purdue, but after that we should be in good shape. Our B10 schedule is extremely front-loaded.

Top Bottom