• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015-2016 NCAA Men's Basketball |OT| 2 can play the 1-and-done game

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Both teams played pretty well I thought, fun game to watch!

I think we drop the next game against either Maryland or Purdue, but after that we should be in good shape. Our B10 schedule is extremely front-loaded.

Yeah we played pretty decent for a road game. It's just every time we started to get close someone would dribble the ball off their foot or throw it away and you'd come down and hit a big shot.

But we didn't rollover when you guys would go on a run which is big progress for us. Our other 4 losses were all blow outs. So I can at least be happy with that. The absence of Levert now should help us later on.

Tonight's a must win.

Not in the sense that it would save this season or anything, like I said this Duke team just isn't that good. That's OK, this is rebuilding for 2016.

But they HAVE to stay in the top 25. An unranked Duke team is just too shameful a thought

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
You know, you tell yourself..."hey, its a young team this year. We just won it all, and if this team struggles with games they'd normally win, its okay"

Then it happens and its not really okay. Just gotta deal with it. I'm too resigned to yell about anyone retiring.

Proelite

You still have the Panthers to root for, I don't have shit. August is a long time away.

This team with Amile is top 5 in the country.
Without maybe only top 15.

You do realize we play in the toughest conference with only a 6 man rotation.

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
This team with Amile is top 5 in the country.
Without maybe only top 15.

You do realize we play in the toughest conference with only a 6 man rotation.

That's a stretch, even with Amile back. 1 extra guy doesn't solve the underlying depth issues. It'll help, but I still think he only pushes us to Top 10 at best. Without we're barely scraping Top 25.

edit: oof this is painful to watch, and that's coming from someone who was a freshman at Duke in 06-07

Duke has the toughest schedule remaining in the ACC
And will be without Amile until late February

I want to see how bad this can actually get.
Like even making the NCAAT is not guaranteed at this point.

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
There goes K's last chance at breaking Wooden's record for consecutive weeks in the Top 25.

Bowser

So UNC will be back in that cursed #1 spot provided the boys don't slip up at home vs. Wake and @ Va. Tech this week.

If Duke doesn't win at NC State this Saturday, the streak might go to 5, as they're at Miami for another Big Monday game next week. Then they're at Georgia Tech before getting NC State (again*) at home.

3 straight road games after starting with 3 of 4 on the road prior to these past 2 home games. The solace is that 6 of their last 9 league games are at home, I guess.

----

*In related matters, the league schedule is just stupid. Duke gets NC State twice within 4 games. They later have Louisville twice within 4 games, and they get Carolina twice within 6 games. Same thing happened to them in prior years with quick turnarounds between Syracuse and Carolina games. Space those things out.

DominoKid

So UNC will be back in that cursed #1 spot provided the boys don't slip up at home vs. Wake and @ Va. Tech this week.

im excited. lets get it and not lose it.

this team can do it. they seem to be a lot tougher mentally this year and more explosive with berry's emergence.

Indiana is really playing some good basketball lately. I know the conference schedule has been on the soft side so far, but the last couple years I guarantee we would have blown at least a couple of these games already.

Silkworm

Indiana is really playing some good basketball lately. I know the conference schedule has been on the soft side so far, but the last couple years I guarantee we would have blown at least a couple of these games already.

Agreed.

The 11-game winning streak is the second-longest of Crean's tenure. Indiana started 2011-12 by going 12-0. The Hoosiers' longest winning streak since 2000 is 13, in 2007-08. If Indiana sweeps its final three games this month -- two at home and a trip to Wisconsin -- it would be the Hoosiers' first perfect January since the 1991-92 Final Four team went 7-0.

No jinx! :-D

Man, this is the first year in a while where theres no great teams. You can literally look at the entire top 20 and say yeah, any one of thme have a chance.

DominoKid

and yet it'll still be UNC or Kansas that wins it probably

in other news both kentucky and duke are out of the top 25. wonder when the last time that happened

and yet it'll still be UNC or Kansas that wins it probably

in other news both kentucky and duke are out of the top 25. wonder when the last time that happened

Hasn't happened this time yet. Duke is 20 in the AP, 12 in the SIDs. A win this weekend might keep them in the rankings, depending on how everything else shakes out. Kentucky is 23 and 19, respectively, as well.

DominoKid

the polls aren't based off that. it's just about the timing of your losses once the season kicks in. if they keep form their tournament ranking will be higher than expected compared to their poll ranking. and if they're still not ranked this week and they pull out a win @Arizona they will definitely get a rocket strapped to their back.

that said, i'm surprised Oregon isn't consistently good. i guess Phil Knight doesnt give a shit about their bball program. but they should be raking in the recruits with promises of fresh jerseys, special edition kicks and that sweet ass court they play on.

Kevtones

the polls aren't based off that. it's just about the timing of your losses once the season kicks in. if they keep form their tournament ranking will be higher than expected compared to their poll ranking. and if they're still not ranked this week and they pull out a win @Arizona they will definitely get a rocket strapped to their back.

that said, i'm surprised Oregon isn't consistently good. i guess Phil Knight doesnt give a shit about their bball program. but they should be raking in the recruits with promises of fresh jerseys, special edition kicks and that sweet ass court they play on.

Yeah I know it's just silly how it works. Two of their losses were without 3 starters.

And Oregon has been pretty good actually. They've lost closely to Wisconsin in the R32 the last two years and Louisville the year before when they won the title. Think they've been in 3-4 straight tournaments. Altman is getting there.

inm8num2

Let's find a way to make getting destroyed by Maryland more enjoyable.

https://twitter.com/MSU_Basketball/status/690634371573927937
4VD1czg.png

DominoKid

I kinda wish K would just throw in the season and let Ingram do his thing so I could see what a future Laker god is capable of.

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
I'm so embarrassed to be this relieved by a win over NC State.

The more I think about this past year, though, and my frustrations, the more I realize we're hanging in there despite a lot of unexpected events:

- Semi transfers (he would be much better than Obi is for us right now)
- Sheed gets kicked off the team
- Tyus goes pro earlier than expected
- Obi not as good as expected
- Jeter not ready yet
- Amile injure his foot

I'm hoping this is a turning point for this year's team, and we can build on it leading up to Amile coming back.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
A nice road win against a really hot Nebraska for Michigan today

Walton 19 pts, 12 boards, and 6 assists
Duncan Robinson 19 pts
Mark Donnal 14 pts 4 boards(all offensive)

4-2 now without Levert. Sure would be nice to get him back for the next game so we have two relatively easy games to settle him back in before we host the Hoosiers.

Top Bottom