• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've already won so I didn't need Maclin to do anything today but I'm pretty happy to see him with his first good game. I thought he would be a sort of a steal for me in the 5th round and outperform his ADP. First two games didn't look that way, but he's doing great today. Even if it's somewhat considered garbage time, I'll still take it.

I traded James Jones and got Mike Evans in return. I see this shit right now and I'm left shaking my head.

I'm not going to regret making that trade, am I?

UberTag

I have Charles.

I'm playing against a guy with Rodgers, Cobb, Brandon Marshall, and Jeremy Maclin.

hello 1-2.
Welcome to my world.
1-2 in two leagues. 0-3 in another. And two of those with Charles on my roster.
My worst team might be the one in your league. It sucks ass despite being 2-1.

FTF

Score 150pts yet lose…cause other team had Rodgers and Maclin tonight :/

Still 2-1 and second place in my bigger money league at least.

Beach

Some advice needed, maybe from Falcons fans?

Is Tevin Coleman worth holding on to? Would like to maybe make a run for Karlos Williams and he would be the odd man out. I liked what Coleman showed the first two weeks but Freeman went off and even if he gets back I don't know if Coleman would just be handed the starting job.

Also, Jeremy Hill owners, are you guys trying to trade the guy in any way possible?

UberTag

Some advice needed, maybe from Falcons fans?

Is Tevin Coleman worth holding on to? Would like to maybe make a run for Karlos Williams and he would be the odd man out. I liked what Coleman showed the first two weeks but Freeman went off and even if he gets back I don't know if Coleman would just be handed the starting job.
If you need to win next week, cut Coleman loose.
Long-term for the season, he's probably the better hold.

NYR

Andre Johnson....

What do I do with this useless sack of crap?
Give him one more game and then cut his ass. He will lose snaps to Dorsett and see even fewer snaps in the future. He is washed up in Indy's awful run right now which over inflates his awfulness, so there is a very slight chance he turns it around but even if he does, he is a WR3/4 at best.

Give him one more game and then cut his ass. He will lose snaps to Dorsett and see even fewer snaps in the future. He is washed up in Indy's awful run right now which over inflates his awfulness, so there is a very slight chance he turns it around but even if he does, he is a WR3/4 at best.

Cool.

I was thinking: This is Indy! Luck is going to be a monster and Johnson is going to put up crazy numbers... Luck has been shit and Johnson has been....a has been.

toneroni

I traded James Jones and got Mike Evans in return. I see this shit right now and I'm left shaking my head.

I'm not going to regret making that trade, am I?
It's gonna work out fine for you.
I'm hoping the same after trading Steve smith and Matthews for Arian Foster.

What the hell do I do with Lamar Miller and CJ tho? (Diff leagues) RBs are so iffy this year.
Really regret dropping Freeman..

Had probably the best week I've ever had in fantasy this week with 144.1 points, barely the highest for the week and also the highest in a single week so far in my league. Got at least 16 points from every player except for TE, kicker and defense.

BradC00

need advice...

should I drop any of these players:

eddie lacy (jk)
jon stewart
al morris
al Jeffrey
victor cruz

for karlos Williams? I'm also dropping james starks for Jordan reed (I have Kelce but want a backup for bad matchups) so I could drop starks for Williams instead...standard scoring

UberTag

need advice...

should I drop any of these players:

eddie lacy (jk)
jon stewart
al morris
al Jeffrey
victor cruz

for karlos Williams? I'm also dropping james starks for Jordan reed (I have Kelce but want a backup for bad matchups) so I could drop starks for Williams instead...standard scoring
If you have Lacy and a bench that's 5 deep or greater, I would strongly discourage dropping Starks as he's a viable handcuff unless you're in the shallowest of leagues.

I think Cruz will never return to his past form given the nature of his surgery and prolonged recuperation so I wouldn't fault you for dumping him at all.

You should keep Jeffery and JStew... although you may want to relegate them to your bench for a while. The Redskins RB situation is just a mess and I'm not sure it'll get better. I wouldn't begrudge you wanting to opt out of Morris but test the trade waters first before dumping him if possible.

ccbfan

Should I drop Tony Romo?

I'm in a 1 QB, 12 team league.

With bye week for 2 of my players this week (QB and TE), I just don't have a roster spot for a player coming back in 10-12 weeks.

h3ro

Assuming this is a 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 WR/TE/RB flex.

Hmmm, Hopkins is definitely more valuable than Abdullah even with Hopkins recent concussion issue, but you have a much more glaring need at Running back than you do at WR. Maybe see if you can package up another WR and try to get one of his running backs back.

Dion Lewis is 1 game away from never playing again in New England. I know that his fantasy value is high right now, but we've seen what Belichick does to running backs who show promise and fumble, and with Blount coming back it could all change mid-season for Lewis. But, then again, maybe not.. and maybe Lewis continues to do what he's been doing.

Hillman is a #2, David Johnson is an exciting #2 once Ellington is back. Abdullah is arguably a 1A in Detroit (but does anybody really believe in Joique Bell?), and I think Lamar Miller is still a fantasy hit that has to get it going this season.

I feel like you should make the trade because you're getting the best producer as part of it, and if Hopkins goes wild like he's expected to this season, you could try to trade him again for reliable value like a Chris Ivory or Latavius Murray. But, your roster situation with running backs is worrisome and so losing a potential weapon at RB when you have 3 solid WRs right now and then the best WR in the NFL is risky. I say, though, do it and then you should have the best WR 1 - 2 combo in your fantasy league with Brown & Hopkins, and you can flex in Wallace & Matthews (assuming this is PPR).

I'd sprain my wrist reaching for the Accept Trade button. You'd have a Brown-Hopkins-Cruz (comes back next week) combo to die for. Assuming this is a 14 man league I'd package a few of your beta WRs/RBs for a low level starting RB (say an Isaiah Crowell or Giovani Bernard) when you have a killer WR combo you try to combo them with RBs who are locked into roles with upside. Heck, I'd try to trade Lamar Miller for Frank Gore also.

Sorry for the late reply but I got a response that I didn't wanna jinx until the trade completed. My friend that made the initial trade also had Romo as his starting QB. I had stashed Carson Palmer as my back up to Rodgers early on and he came back at me with this:

Odell Beckham Jr
Deandre Hopkins

for

Carson Palmer
Ronnie Hillman
Ameer Abdullah

I hit confirm trade instantaneously. This gives me:

WR:
OBJ
Antonio Brown (who's production is likely to come down a notch because of Ben being out)
Deandre Hopkins
Cruz (as a stash until he's fully healthy)

My RBs are still weak though:
Dion Lewis
Isaiah Crowell
David Johnson
Lamar Miller

I've just put claims in on Karlos Williams and Andre Ellington that I'm hoping go through.

The Carlos Hyde era has been a bust so far. Will he bounce back or is San Fran in that much trouble?

EDIT: Follow up, looks like I could pick up LeGarrette Blount, but I'd have to drop Matt Jones or Ronnie Hillman. While Blount is better I feel like he will be much less consistent than Jones or even Hillman. Blount might not even be played for games in a row, correct? Or will his goal line production be worth it?

ACE 1991

Wow, James Jones, Jamaal Charles and Randall Cobb but up biiiig numbers last night and managed to dig me out of a 50 pt hole to win my game. Sitting at 3-0 in my league right now.

I see that Tyrod Taylor is available, should I drop Roethlisberger for him? My backup QB is Stafford.

EDIT: I dropped James White so I can hold onto Big Ben when he comes back and added Tyrod Taylor.

Tom Nook

Dropping D. Martin, who should get higher priority? (ranking them 1 to 3 would be great)
R Matthews, L. Dunbar, or T. Rawls.

Thanks

Edwardo

I picked up Barnidge last week, but still lost even with Bell and Charles getting me 29 and 23. Trying to figure out what to do with waivers this week. I'm at #5 on the wire. Idk if I should use it or save it. Pretty competitive 14 team league, so most players will get snatched up quickly. Half PPR also.

Some of the better options:

Running Back
Alfred Blue vs Atlanta (Foster might be back this week, so idk if it'll be worth it for Blue.)
Thomas Rawls vs. Detroit (The team with Lynch has a higher waiver, so he'll probably go for him.)
Khiry Robinson vs Dallas (Seems to be taking some carries from Ingram. Could be decent for a flex spot or bench depth?)
Joique Bell vs Seattle
Theo Riddick vs Seattle (I'm really don't have much faith in the Lions producing anything consistent.)

Wide Receiver
Devante Parker vs New York Jets (Maybe pick him up as a stash for later?)
Phillip Dorsett vs Jacksonville (He's not getting a ton of targets, but he managed a couple grabs and a TD this week. Johnson looks like he's struggling, so maybe more for Dorsett?)
Jermaine Kearse vs Detriot (It's hard to start any wide outs from Seattle, so idk about him.)
Robert Woods vs New York Giants (Watkins might miss the game, so he could be a decent start. Unreliable though.)

Tight End
Larry Donnell vs Buffalo (Could be an upgrade, but he been dropping the ball. I have Julius Thomas coming back soon, and I guess I could just start Barnidge again.)

I'm allowed four pickups a week in this league so I try to make the most of them. I'll be dropping Cleveland's D/ST, so that's one. I'm thinking of dropping Scobee for anyone else. The Steelers have been going for two and without Ben, their offense will most likely lose a step. So I can probably pick up two players.

As of right now, this is my lineup:

QB Russell Wilson vs. Det
RB Le'Veon Bell vs. Bal
RB Jamaal Charles @ Cin
WR Golden Tate @ Sea
WR Mike Wallace @ Den
WR Ted Ginn @ TB
TE Gary Barnidge @ SD
FLX Duke Johnson @ SD
K Josh Scobee vs. Bal
DST Cleveland @SD

RB Knile Davis @ Cin
WR Darrius Heyward-Bey vs. Bal
WR Eddie Royal vs. Oak
WR Tavon Austin @ Ari
TE Ladarius Green vs. Cle
TE Julius Thomas @ Ind

I appreciate any insight, thanks.

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
I have this team and I am 1 and 2 in my league. FML. I just lost 128 - 130 to a Maclan, Charles and Cobb monday night game where I started 40+ points up. Fucking ridiculously pissed about it and both of my main running backs anemic performances.

QB P. Manning
RB E. Lacy
RB J. Hill
WR J. Jones (ATL)
WR J. Jones (GB)
TE J. Graham
RB J. Stewart
D/ST Broncos
K S. Gostkowski

I do have Todd Gurley on the bench but STL run blocking seems to suck.

I just offered Jeremy Hill and Steve Johnson for Latavius Murray (following CBS trade chart). I am in desperate need of a RB that actually performs and he also has Jamaal Charles starting with Chris Ivory and Ryan Matthews on the bench. His starting WRs are Julio Jones, Mike Evans, and Michael Floyd.

Do you think he will accept?

So I'm scared shitless of my RB situation, but I'm also not a huge fan of my WR options as I think Fitz will dwindle.

I was offered J Jones (GB) for Gore... And I don't know if it's worth entertaining. My ideal situation was holding onto Bryant until his suspension was over this week and flipping him for RB help, but with Ben out I'm not sure I'll have any takers. Bernard seems like the main back in Cincy now but that's not amazing outside of flex.

Do I hold Gore and Bryant and hope Baltimore figures it out and Forsett flourishes?

QB - Rodgers
RB - Gore - Forsett
WR = A Brown - Fitzgerald - M Bryant
TE = D Allen - H Miller
Flex = G Bernard
D = Seattle

Notable Bench

RB = Blount - C Johnson - L Taliafero
WR = R White - B Perriman

JFunky

Serious question. A guy in my league would trade me Rodgers for Dez and Luck. Should I take it? Luck is disappointing so far and who knows what will happen with Dez. He also has Brady so he doesn't need Rodgers.

I just offered Jeremy Hill and Steve Johnson for Latavius Murray (following CBS trade chart). I am in desperate need of a RB that actually performs and he also has Jamaal Charles starting with Chris Ivory and Ryan Matthews on the bench. His starting WRs are Julio Jones, Mike Evans, and Michael Floyd.

Do you think he will accept?

Normally I would say hell no. Murray is much more valuable at RB than Ivory/Matthews right now. If he feels Steve Johnson is the best WR option he can find (compared to the waiver wire) that is a definite upgrade for him though.

The reason why he can say no is that you are offering him a WR3 and a RB2 in serious trouble. Hill has huge upside, but Johnson is playing to his upside right now, so I can totally see the guy prefer to grab a waiver receiver and wait on you to up your WR in the offer to at least a tier 2 guy. Maybe Steve is tier 2 but his rep is not.

[KoRp]Jazzman;180278964 said:
So I'm scared shitless of my RB situation, but I'm also not a huge fan of my WR options as I think Fitz will dwindle.

I was offered J Jones (GB) for Gore... And I don't know if it's worth entertaining. My ideal situation was holding onto Bryant until his suspension was over this week and flipping him for RB help, but with Ben out I'm not sure I'll have any takers. Bernard seems like the main back in Cincy now but that's not amazing outside of flex.

Do I hold Gore and Bryant and hope Baltimore figures it out and Forsett flourishes?

To be honest, you should be starting Blount in Week 5. As long as the Patriots are beating the crap out of secondaries he has a ton of value. Your bench receivers are virtually worthless though so I can see the appeal of this deal. (They could have value, but they are both basically just stashes)

I am tempted to take the deal because (a) you don't know how long for Bryant to be relevant, (b) Jones is valuable right now, and (c) you can sub in Blount/Bernard at RB2 while Jones is flex. This is the year to trust receivers, after all, and you get the bonus of watching Packers games for those combined Rodgers-Jones points.

JFunky said:
Serious question. A guy in my league would trade me Rodgers for Dez and Luck. Should I take it? Luck is disappointing so far and who knows what will happen with Dez. He also has Brady so he doesn't need Rodgers.

Yes yes yes yes

With Rodgers you can solidify your playoff chances now. With Luck and Dez you have to hope they both figure it out while you hopefully win games without them.

Normally I would say hell no. Murray is much more valuable at RB than Ivory/Matthews right now. If he feels Steve Johnson is the best WR option he can find (compared to the waiver wire) that is a definite upgrade for him though.

The reason why he can say no is that you are offering him a WR3 and a RB2 in serious trouble. Hill has huge upside, but Johnson is playing to his upside right now, so I can totally see the guy prefer to grab a waiver receiver and wait on you to up your WR in the offer to at least a tier 2 guy. Maybe Steve is tier 2 but his rep is not.

Ok, thanks for your input!

I also have Bryant stashed on my bench, maybe throw him in there to sweeten the deal?

Here's the top 5 receivers off the WW:

Robert Woods
Malcom Floyd
Rishard Matthews
Marvin Jones

Here's my full team:
QB - Tom Brady, Russell Wilson
RB - Jeremy Hill, Justin Forsett, Matt Jones, LeGarrette Blount
WR - Antonio Brown, Brandon Marshall, Larry Fitzgerald, Dez Bryant, Steve Johnson
TE- Jason Witten
DST - Broncos
K - Josh Brown

Does the bum Forsett have any trade value? How about him and Steve Johnson for Ivory???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom