• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have good chance of winning this.

...I am praying for you.

The prayers were answered. They kept handing the ball to Murray and he just packed in the points while Bradford sat there. It was beautiful.

A lot of my power players are back but I lost my Green Bay core to the Bye week (Rodgers, Jones, Defense). I grabbed Andrew Luck and dropped Peyton for this week and I grabbed Martavis Bryant. Bryant hasn't been in but he put up 48 points his first week back and has a matchup against KC. Luckily my backup D is Seattle so I'll be pretty safe. I need to hold on to this streak past the good players in my league. We got two bad players who are basically freebies.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
Well i dont have great options for flex this week...

Hankerson who burned me the last 2 weeks
robert woods
Ellington - who is worth nothing till CJ gets injured at the least...

Thoughts? Depending how tyrod and watkins shape up at end of week will determine if i play woods or not i think.

Tom Nook

The prayers were answered. They kept handing the ball to Murray and he just packed in the points while Bradford sat there. It was beautiful.

A lot of my power players are back but I lost my Green Bay core to the Bye week (Rodgers, Jones, Defense). I grabbed Andrew Luck and dropped Peyton for this week and I grabbed Martavis Bryant. Bryant hasn't been in but he put up 48 points his first week back and has a matchup against KC. Luckily my backup D is Seattle so I'll be pretty safe. I need to hold on to this streak past the good players in my league. We got two bad players who are basically freebies.

That game was Badford on both teams. Nice on Murray to finally be the Cowboy from last year. Wished I steam the Eagles D though.

Nice pickups but damn, what league are you in to have Luck and Bryant as FA? They should've been picked up earlier.

Slevin

Denver defense is on bye.

Steelers D against KC or Dolphins D against Houston?

Dolphins' new defense coordinator really came through last week. Steelers defense has been pretty consistent though.

Denver defense is on bye.

Steelers D against KC or Dolphins D against Houston?

Dolphins' new defense coordinator really came through last week. Steelers defense has been pretty consistent though.

I'm rolling out the Steelers on multiple teams. Once Ben went down their defense went into overdrive to try and save the season. They aren't perfect but they make plays AND Ryan Shazier is back at practice.

The Dolphins worry me. They're like an emotional wreck, they could blow out the Texans or they could completely collapse. Maybe both in the same game. But the Texans are average against fantasy defenses and really only got hurt by the Falcons who made a point of exploiting the Texans QB controversy.

UberTag

You need to be trading WRs. Like now. As somebody who broke the FAAB bank on Karlos, it hurts me to say this but he is probably a week or two away from IR if he doesn't improve. As it is he didn't make the trip to London and has yet to practice at all. He's actually droppable if you have better options.
I read up on Karlos' concussion history from college a couple weeks ago and it was NOT pretty.

The unfortunate part about all of that is given his production up until that point he'd have consistently delivered Ivory-esque numbers for you had he not gotten himself hurt. At least throughout the duration of Shady's absence and potentially forced a timeshare going forward.

That said, it seems like the entire Bills organization is bound and determined to piss another season away with penalties and injuries... two things that are synonymous with the Buffalo Bills. They're well on their way to another last place finish. T-Mobile is out. Watkins finds a new ailment each and every week so he can bitch about not getting enough targets while on the bench. Harvin has been shelved indefinitely. McCoy seems to finally be on the mend although we've only really gotten two decent games out of him. And this nonsense started way back in the pre-season. Thank goodness for the D.

Slevin

I'm rolling out the Steelers on multiple teams. Once Ben went down their defense went into overdrive to try and save the season. They aren't perfect but they make plays AND Ryan Shazier is back at practice.

The Dolphins worry me. They're like an emotional wreck, they could blow out the Texans or they could completely collapse. Maybe both in the same game. But the Texans are average against fantasy defenses and really only got hurt by the Falcons who made a point of exploiting the Texans QB controversy.

Thanks for the input! I'm pretty much the same line of thinking. My match up is going to be really close so I can't afford to have my defense shit the bed. My safest bet would probably be the Steelers.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Alright GAF, I'm thinking of taking a big gamble this week. I've been hit hard by byes at both RB and WR, losing Jeremy Hill and AJ Green. I could play Ryan Mathews at RB and Ted Ginn or Leonard Hankerson at WR, but I'm heavily considering rolling the dice on Christine Michael at RB and Stefon Diggs at WR. There's a lot of hype around both of them, especially Michael, and they both seem like they have the potential to turn in pretty decent scores (while Michael is fairly unproven, Diggs put up 12 points last week). Meanwhile Mathews isn't likely to get too many touches with Murray healthy again, and while Ginn has turned in at least one surprise performance for me this season, he's rather unpredictable, and Hankerson has been pretty meh since week 4.

Any thoughts, GAF? My 6-0 record is on the line here. :lol

Alright GAF, I'm thinking of taking a big gamble this week. I've been hit hard by byes at both RB and WR, losing Jeremy Hill and AJ Green. I could play Ryan Mathews at RB and Ted Ginn or Leonard Hankerson at WR, but I'm heavily considering rolling the dice on Christine Michael at RB and Stefon Diggs at WR. There's a lot of hype around both of them, especially Michael, and they both seem like they have the potential to turn in pretty decent scores (while Michael is fairly unproven, Diggs put up 12 points last week). Meanwhile Mathews isn't likely to get too many touches with Murray healthy again, and while Ginn has turned in at least one surprise performance for me this season, he's rather unpredictable, and Hankerson has been pretty meh since week 4.

Would I start Michael and Diggs this week? Yes, absolutely, given those options. I think Hankerson is an okay play but Diggs is healthy and clearly proving it right now, whereas Hankerson is clearly behind Julio Jones and Devonta Freeman on the order chart. Michael is a much better speculative play than Mathews, that's for sure.

Badosh

I'd play Diggs for sure.
Michael, not too sure. He may be better than Matthews, he may not. I'd probably play safe with Matthews, but shrug.

VoxPop

Demaryius is on BYE so I need a flex play. Have to go with either Rishard Matthews or Christine Michael. I'm leaning towards Rishard since we don't know the backfield situation in Dallas yet.

Also starting PIT def since my precious Jets are going up against Brady & Co. I'm on a nice little 3 game win streak but will probably be snapped this weekend going up against the #1 team in my league.

Tom Nook

I picked up Diggs and reading these post me think I should start him at FLEX.

Standard League.

At flex:

L. Blount or S. Diggs.

DSmalls84

Is it safe to drop Brandin Cooks at this point? Seriously considering dropping him so that I can pick up a kicker and not have to drop McManus on his bye week.

The rest of my roster is:

Eli
Cutler
Arian Foster
Doug Martin
Frank Gore
Theo Riddick
Demaryius Thomas
Steve Smith
Stefon Diggs
Marvin Jones
Antonio Gates
Charles Clay
Brandon McManus
Falcons Def

Currently 3-3 this season.

gimmmick

Should I drop Mike Wallace for Diggs?

Also is Melvin Gordon droppable at this point?

For dynasty leagues? No. He will come around (or at least the chargers hope so lol) so I wouldn't drop him completely. That offensive line is so horrible right now, not even mosses could part an opposing defense.

gimmmick

I have been burned enough with potential Dallas running backs this year, so I'd say start Stefon Diggs. Him and Bridgewater are building great chemistry together.

gimmmick

I need to pick up a fill in WR for this week because of byes. Here what I'm thinking:

Jamison Crowder - vs TB - Jackson is still out
Robert Woods - vs JAC - Watkins and Harvin are out
Michael Floyd - vs BAL

Which would you go with??

Floyd. The ravens defense (most notability their DBs are garbage).

That game was Badford on both teams. Nice on Murray to finally be the Cowboy from last year. Wished I steam the Eagles D though.

Nice pickups but damn, what league are you in to have Luck and Bryant as FA? They should've been picked up earlier.

It's a group of 8 of us. Just friends who are off at college or jobs now. It's nice to keep everyone talking to each other. My draft was pretty bad but I got solid foundation that I've built up through trades and good finds on the player list. I've climbed my way to first now.

gimmmick

It's a group of 8 of us. Just friends who are off at college or jobs now. It's nice to keep everyone talking to each other. My draft was pretty bad but I got solid foundation that I've built up through trades and good finds on the player list. I've climbed my way to first now.

The hardest part of an 8 man team is having the absolute best players all the time. Maybe you can get away with someone not being able to find someone because their players is on bye week or they are hurt in a 10 - 12 man league... What I noticed this year with my 8 ppl league at work, it's actually pretty exciting to play with a stacked house.

VoxPop

Haha I'm looking through the top players in each category in my .5 PPR league.

Travis Benjamin #5 WR
Gary Barnidge #1 TE
Blake Bortles #4 QB

What is going on

Is it safe to drop Brandin Cooks at this point? Seriously considering dropping him so that I can pick up a kicker and not have to drop McManus on his bye week.

The rest of my roster is:

Eli
Cutler
Arian Foster
Doug Martin
Frank Gore
Theo Riddick
Demaryius Thomas
Steve Smith
Stefon Diggs
Marvin Jones
Antonio Gates
Charles Clay
Brandon McManus
Falcons Def

Currently 3-3 this season.

I'm in the exact same situation as you. I'm not dropping McManus because he's been crushing it, but I am going to drop Cooks. He just hasn't been the threat I thought he was going to be. Will be starting Tate, Bryant, and Landry instead. and picking up a rental K.

Yo FUCK these games in England, and I'm saying that as someone who grew up there for 6 years.

Players all jet-lagged, in a new environment; it can only mean fewer points.

Wow, someone dropped McManus in my league.. I might add him and drop Josh Brown and just accept a possible L this week (I'm 5-1) since the byes are hurting me as is. If Lafell isn't playing then that means I'd have to drop another player (possibly Woodhead?) and I already dropped Witten for a rental D since Denver's D is on bye.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Id grab McManus if you have room to stash him for a week. Peyton sucks at getting into the end zone, but he's pretty good at getting into field goal range.

Ptaaty

I feel sorrier for anyone that put up huge FAAB money for Charcandrick West. At the very least Williams' outlook was 3-4 games as a clear lead back in a offense that wants to run. West's outlook was an Alex Smith-run team that severely underutilized Charles, Kelce, and Maclin (because of Smith), not to mention the situation was a timeshare.

I think people have way over reacted to one week with C West. He was clearly the lead back last week and played in the red zone (the tiny bit they were there) and Reid said he is the better fit for the offense.

Vikings run D has been stout at home - second in the NFL at 62 yards a game allowed...and chiefs were shutdown that game overall on top of it.

Full disclosure - I went in fairly high on FAAB (third of budget), but don't need him, just figured he has the opportunity and coach backing in an offense that relies on that RB skillset. Just wait a couple weeks (2 more) before dropping unless you really need the space....he has the upside.

Ptaaty

Christine Michael vs Giants, or Theo Riddick vs Vikes for FLEX in non-PPR league?

They're both projected to get a whopping 5.79 points this week.

Riddick has great hands, and with Abdullah fumbling and Zenner out for the season, I can see the Lions really leaning on him. But Michael has the hype factor this week and might be a surprise boon to the Dallas offense.

Apath

So should I start Anquan Boldin or Diggs? Boldin has been hot the past two games, but he is playing the Seahawks this week.
You need to be trading WRs. Like now. As somebody who broke the FAAB bank on Karlos, it hurts me to say this but he is probably a week or two away from IR if he doesn't improve. As it is he didn't make the trip to London and has yet to practice at all. He's actually droppable if you have better options.

Since you don't...you need an RB. Pack Jones or Morris with AJ Green and go shopping.
You don't think I should wait and see if Diggs at least pans out? As things stand, I am in a half-PPR league with three WR slots, two RB, and one flex. My go-to is Brown, Green, and Allen in the WR with Moncrief at flex. Not sure if I want Boldin or Diggs starting for me every week yet, but on the other hand it may be better than Matt Jones or Alfred Morris..

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Broncos bye week. Wondering who to pick up for DEF and QB this week. Thinking of picking up Tannehill for one week. He's up against Houston this week, and it seems like one of the better matchups this week.
Grabbing Washington's DEF. Again, seems like a good matchup for just one week.

UberTag

Broncos bye week. Wondering who to pick up for DEF and QB this week. Thinking of picking up Tannehill for one week. He's up against Houston this week, and it seems like one of the better matchups this week.
Grabbing Washington's DEF. Again, seems like a good matchup for just one week.
Nothing wrong with either of those choices. They should be serviceable bye week fill-ins.

Christine Michael vs Giants, or Theo Riddick vs Vikes for FLEX in non-PPR league?

They're both projected to get a whopping 5.79 points this week.

Riddick has great hands, and with Abdullah fumbling and Zenner out for the season, I can see the Lions really leaning on him. But Michael has the hype factor this week and might be a surprise boon to the Dallas offense.
This is another classic case of whether you need to swing for the fences with the high ceiling guy (Michael) or whether you need to protect a lead with the high floor guy (Riddick). There's no right answer that any of us can give in this thread without knowing your team's situation and how you match up against your opponent. If you're projected to win big, I'd play Riddick. If you're projected to lose big and need a home run, I'd play Michael. If you're relatively even, well... trust your gut.

Given that it's non-PPR, all things being even I'd lean Michael myself. But the Dallas offense is just such an unknown right now coming off the bye with Michael's role unestablished and Cassel's comfort with the offense largely unknown. It's a risk I'd prefer to make in a daily game versus a redraft league if I had a choice.

Vesmir

Banned
gI6He90.png

Would you take Allen Robinson and Charles Clay for Randall Cobb?

Edwardo

Someone is offering me either St Louis or Seattle's DST for Jamison Crowder. I have a bunch of low tier wide receivers, so I'm not going to be missing anything. I've been streaming defenses all year and picked up Pittsburgh this morning.

Worth?

UberTag

Would you take Allen Robinson and Charles Clay for Randall Cobb?
In a PPR league? Probably. In a standard league I'd have to think about it.
That would be my answer in a vacuum and assuming you have garbage at Tight End right now.

But you've got Travis Kelce. So this deal largely doesn't make any sense. You're taking a recognized downgrade at receiver to get a Tight End that artificially restricts your FLEX spot usage or results in Clay sitting on your bench most weeks. And you've got 2 other Tight Ends already.

I mean, most weeks that aren't bye weeks you're going to be rolling out Cobb and Nuk as your receiving tandem and you've got a flex spot up for grabs for the rest of your lineup. Odds are you're going to want to use a receiver like Garcon, Moncrief or somebody you grab off the waiver wire over Clay most weeks. Cobb's on your bench for a bye week and you're still not using your FLEX on a Tight End. Nor would you necessarily if you had Clay now.

So no... don't make the deal. The value is fair but it makes little sense for your lineup situation.

I2amza

So need some advice.

Someone wants A. Brown from me and is offering Randall Cobb and Mark Ingram for A. Brown and David Cobb.

Half PPR league. I think I could talk him to give up Lynch instead of Ingram.

I could definitely use the RB help and I have extra receivers. Would you do it?

RlUZq9d.png

UberTag

So need some advice.

Someone wants A. Brown from me and is offering Randall Cobb and Mark Ingram for A. Brown and David Cobb.

RlUZq9d.png
Given your circumstances... yeah, I'd probably make the deal.
I don't trust Stewart to be consistent going forward despite his nice showing last week.

Brown will be back to his normal self once Big Ben is back in the lineup but that's probably not this week. And it won't be the week the Steelers go on bye, either.

Randall Cobb isn't much of a downgrade and Ingram is a HUGE upgrade over your current RB situation. David Cobb is simply a flyer that could produce given the situation but certainly isn't guaranteed to and won't be back for a while yet (possibly Week 9; probably not until Week 10).

So I probably make the deal... UNLESS you're in some kind of keeper or dynasty league.

I2amza

Given your circumstances... yeah, I'd probably make the deal.
I don't trust Stewart to be consistent going forward despite his nice showing last week.

Brown will be back to his normal self once Big Ben is back in the lineup but that's probably not this week. And it won't be the week the Steelers go on bye, either.

Randall Cobb isn't much of a downgrade and Ingram is a HUGE upgrade over your current RB situation. David Cobb is simply a flyer that could produce given the situation but certainly isn't guaranteed to and won't be back for a while yet (possibly Week 9; probably not until Week 10).

So I probably make the deal... UNLESS you're in some kind of keeper or dynasty league.

Thanks! That's what I was thinking also. Will try and see if I can get sweeten the deal to Lynch instead of Ingram.

This is another classic case of whether you need to swing for the fences with the high ceiling guy (Michael) or whether you need to protect a lead with the high floor guy (Riddick). There's no right answer that any of us can give in this thread without knowing your team's situation and how you match up against your opponent. If you're projected to win big, I'd play Riddick. If you're projected to lose big and need a home run, I'd play Michael. If you're relatively even, well... trust your gut.

Given that it's non-PPR, all things being even I'd lean Michael myself. But the Dallas offense is just such an unknown right now coming off the bye with Michael's role unestablished and Cassel's comfort with the offense largely unknown. It's a risk I'd prefer to make in a daily game versus a redraft league if I had a choice.

Thanks for the input. You're totally right about the high floor vs high ceiling dilemma. Right now, I'm projected to lose, and I'm trying to stave off a recent downward spiral I've found myself in.

I'm rolling with Michael! I don't necessarily need a miracle, but I could really use a surprise hit performance.

So need some advice.

RlUZq9d.png

I thought they just reported that Tyrod wouldn't be playing this week?

mr2xxx

Banned
Should I do this trade in my 10man PPR league?
I get Gronk, Dez, and Evans for Freeman, Olsen and Moncreiff.

We start 2 RB and 4 WR: Freeman, Bell, Gurley, Ivory/ Moncreiff, Cobb, M.Bryant, A.Robinson.

Upgrades my TE position and WR position but give up the top RB so far.

bye week replacement needed

ryan matthews or david johnson

David Johnson, I don't think Philly will do much against carolina and since Murray is is producing more it doesn't look good for Matthews. While Johnson doesnt get much work at least he is getting the goaline work and making it count.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom