• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

gimmmick

Should I do this trade in my 10man PPR league?
I get Gronk, Dez, and Evans for Freeman, Olsen and Moncreiff.

We start 2 RB and 4 WR: Freeman, Bell, Gurley, Ivory/ Moncreiff, Cobb, M.Bryant, A.Robinson.

Upgrades my TE position and WR position but give up the top RB so far.

David Johnson, I don't think Philly will do much against carolina and since Murray is is producing more it doesn't look good for Matthews. While Johnson doesnt get much work at least he is getting the goaline work and making it count.

Do it. As good as Olsen is, it is an upgrade. Dez will come back and possibly get you ready for the playoffs. Though it is going to suck losing Freeman . Depends how good you are in positions in guessing

Would you trade Jordan Matthews and Benjamin Watson for Brandon Marshall?

My WRs right now are Matthews, Cooper, Edelman, Bryant and Garçon.

TE: Julius Thomas

UberTag

Would you trade Jordan Matthews and Benjamin Watson for Brandon Marshall?

My WRs right now are Matthews, Cooper, Edelman, Bryant and Garçon.

TE: Julius Thomas
That's pretty much a no-brainer trade. So yeah, if you've got someone hooked on giving up Marshall for Matthews & Watson, pull the trigger.

What about Giovanni Bernard for Cam Newton in PPR league? My only QB is Eli Manning.

RBs: Bernard, McCoy, Lacy, Ivory, Gordon (droppable?), and West.

Cam Newton (vs Phil) or Andrew Luck (vs NO)

I'm tempted to try Luck again since NO gives up some good yardage but Newton has been consistent in his points.

What do you think?

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
Flacco vs. Ari
or
Landry Jones vs. KC

also, in the middle of a trade... would love thoughts...

me trading Amari Cooper(2nd round keeper)

for

Justin Forsett ( 13th round keeper) or Arian Foster (5th round keeper)

the guy wants a draft pick too, which im not too keen on... but because forsett and foster have great keeper value, I am willing to give a little... i've offered a 9th for an 11th.. he def wants mroe than that... i think the highest im willing to go is giving up an 8th (maaaybe 7th)...

12 team 1/2ppr keeper league

Should I do this trade in my 10man PPR league?
I get Gronk, Dez, and Evans for Freeman, Olsen and Moncreiff.

We start 2 RB and 4 WR: Freeman, Bell, Gurley, Ivory/ Moncreiff, Cobb, M.Bryant, A.Robinson.

Upgrades my TE position and WR position but give up the top RB so far.

David Johnson, I don't think Philly will do much against carolina and since Murray is is producing more it doesn't look good for Matthews. While Johnson doesnt get much work at least he is getting the goaline work and making it count.

I wouldn't trade Freeman for anything.

Dude came out of nowhere and is now gonna be the #1 overall pick for most fantasy drafts across the board next year. He's that good.

Flacco vs. Ari or Landry Jones vs. KC

Man, I hate the idea of starting Landry after one game, but the Chiefs are a team in turmoil, whereas the Ravens are dead in the water facing an angry team that loves to go for the pick six. I'd start Landry.

heckmanimation said:
Amari Cooper(2nd round keeper) for Justin Forsett ( 13th round keeper) or Arian Foster (5th round keeper)

On the face of it Foster and Forsett are both way more valuable than Cooper. So yeah you have to deal some picks. Forsett, while cheaper, probably goes for less because his job is not entirely stable. Foster is a RB1.

I'd imagine having to offer a 7th+Cooper for Foster, at least.

Ok guys with Dalton on bye and Big Ben questionable who do I fill in at QB between Stafford and Tannehill?

:( I want to say Tannehill. Stafford has a pretty tough matchup. But the Dolphins are unpredictable and Stafford learned the "go deep" offense last week. So it's a toss-up. I guess I would pick Tannehill but not feeling great either way.

prag16

Banned
I wouldn't trade Freeman for anything.

Dude came out of nowhere and is now gonna be the #1 overall pick for most fantasy drafts across the board next year. He's that good.
He's performed for four games. After losing the job originally to a rookie in camp, and looking mostly average at best last year.

Maybe he's a stud now, but we can't be sure, and there's reason to doubt. He may still be a sell high candidate at this point. Crowning him #1 overall for 2016 is still crazy premature at this juncture.

Thinking about switching Woodhead out for Travis Benjamin at flex. I've stayed with Woody all season expecting Benjamin to fizzle out but each week he keeps rocking the shit. On the other hand, Woody is playing against Oakland while Benjamin is against St. Louis. I don't know.

Which combination of players should I start? I'm planning on starting John Brown and LeSean McCoy for sure. So I have 1 spot each left for RB, WR, and Flex. Remaining players are

Jeremy Maclin
Martavis Bryant
Matt Jones
Joseph Randle

Maclin is coming off a concussion so his play might be limited or he may just be a decoy for the most part. Bryant is back for his 2nd game after a 4 game suspension. I know he had a huge week last week, on my bench. It's only a one game sample size though.

As for RB's, Christine Michael might cut into Randle's touches even if he remains the starter. Matt Jones is back from injury but what's entices me so much about starting him is because Chris Thompson is out so he'll be used as the 3rd down back. So he might have a pretty good receving day to add to whatever rushing yards and TD's he might have. Any thoughts on this?

Which combination of players should I start? I'm planning on starting John Brown and LeSean McCoy for sure. So I have 1 spot each left for RB, WR, and Flex. Remaining players are

Jeremy Maclin
Martavis Bryant
Matt Jones
Joseph Randle

Maclin is coming off a concussion so his play might be limited or he may just be a decoy for the most part. Bryant is back for his 2nd game after a 4 game suspension and I know he has a huge week last week, on my bench. It's only a one game sample size though.

As for RB's, Christine Michael might cut into Randle's touches even if he remains the starter. Matt Jones is back from injury but what's entices me so much about starting him is because Chris Thompson is out so he'll be used as the 3rd down back. So he might have a pretty good receving day to add to whatever rushing yards and TD's he might have. Any thoughts on this?

I'm definitely starting Bryant. Yes it's a one game sample size but he showed he's the favorite of Jones, likely because he's tall and can go up and get a poorly thrown ball. I'm not leaving 25 pts on the bench.

Knox

I need to make a drop and pick up a QB since Big Ben doesn't looking like he's going to play. Problem is I'm trying to wait and see if Charcandrick West or Christine Michael turn into anything because I'm hurting at RB. Which one should I let go? My only other possible drop would be Martellus Bennet and roll with Delanie Walker who was supposed to just be my bye replacement.

NYR

Pick 1: J. Matthews, Amari Cooper, or P. Garçon

PPR 1
Cooper. Most talent and has had the best season of those guys so far.

Matthews will get targets and reps, but the drops and shitty QB situation are bad. No one would blame you for trying him in a Lineup, he will bounce back eventually IMO.

Cooper. Most talent and has had the best season of those guys so far.

Matthews will get targets and reps, but the drops and shitty QB situation are bad. No one would blame you for trying him in a Lineup, he will bounce back eventually IMO.

Interesting, I was leaning Garçon based on match up... ITS TOO HARD TO DECIDE!

toneroni

Those aren't terrible WRs. Benjamin gets a lot of work and Hurns is pretty good at finding points, particularly when Robinson is hurt (like lately). Bryant obviously has huge upside.

I don't see a problem with picking up LaFell, but he could easily be worthless. But she has less WRs than RBs so why not? I really don't think the Chiefs RB situation is worth a damn now. If anything it just shows you how valuable Charles is to their system.

Yeah, hold onto both if you can. The defense is elite and the kicker will keep getting opportunities. Would drop Ertz in a heartbeat though I think Gordon has little value this year either...but anyway TE is always worth less.

Thanks - dropped West for LaFell in her league hoping for some upside.

Have McManus in 2 leagues and am keeping him in both.
Right now I'm playing without a kicker in one league. Figure if it gets really close and I need a few points I can drop one of Marvin jones/Jennings/Gordon. Short bench since I had to pick up Hoyer to cover for Ben and Washinton to cover Denver.

Other league PPR 1 point
Pick 1 for flex:
Riddick, Blount, CJ1K, Diggs
I put Riddick in due to PPR and thinking he might be leading carrier this week for them. Watcha guys think?

Which QB should I pick for today as a bye week fill-in:

Alex Smith vs Pittsburgh
Landry Jones vs KC
Ryan Fitzpatrick vs Patriots

Right now I'm holding Smith but I could be persuaded to drop him for Jones or Fitzpatrick.

Tom Nook

Flex help, pick one: Blount, Diggs, Yeldon

With news that D Lewis not playing, Diggs is starting and Yeldon is active, who do I go with? Currently starting Diggs but with these recent news should I come consider changing it?

Note:
Starting wr: A Brown, OBJ
Rb: ivory, Martin

Captain.Falafel

Neo Member
Flex help, pick one: Blount, Diggs, Yeldon

With news that D Lewis not playing, Diggs is starting and Yeldon is active, who do I go with? Currently starting Diggs but with these recent news should I come consider changing it?

Note:
Starting wr: A Brown, OBJ
Rb: ivory, Martin

Well if you started Yeldon, well done. If your indecision has left you still needing to make a call I'll throw my two cents in the ring and say stay away from Blount. Yeah, he had a good week and they're the Pats but look at the numbers RBs have put up against that Jets D this season. It'd be hard to start him with confidence in my book. He'll be on my bench.

bluehat9

Don't know whether to start Antonio Gates or Delanie Walker. Both are hurt, right? :( Thinking Walker just because Gates seems more questionable and is a late game and I don't want to end up with nothing if he sits out.

Tom Nook

Don't know whether to start Antonio Gates or Delanie Walker. Both are hurt, right? :( Thinking Walker just because Gates seems more questionable and is a late game and I don't want to end up with nothing if he sits out.

I would go with Walker too, a sprained MCL is something you wait out for more than a week.

Delanie Walker or Jason Witten?

I'd start Walker with confidence with Mariota playing, not sure how Mettenberger fits into this equation, not that Cassel throwing to Witten is a sure bet either.

CatBert

Neo Member
Pick 2 running backs: Doug Martin, Justin Forsett, Mark Ingram

Pick 3 wide receivers: Mike Wallace, Jarvis Landry, Pierre Garcon, Reuben Randle

I'm really torn, all my RBs can be great. My WRs, Wallace only got only 2 points for me last week but Randle is injured and listed as questionable.

Also want to brag because in my other league someone dropped Carson Palmer to pick up McCown. I had Andy Dalton and Payton Manning both on bye week. Scooped him up despite being 11/12 on the waiver wire. I've dropped Manning now, as I figure between Dalton and Palmer I should be fine. Hope I don't regret dropping him, but I'd been starting Dalton anyway since he's been such a turd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom