• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CDV13

I'm 9-1 in my league this year...ask me any questions.

Hahaha...just kidding. My draft picks have panned out incredibly well. My advice? Draft Brady and Gronk, focus on receivers...wait to find a running back later in the year. The top drafts barely ever workout running back wise. (PPR league)

Badosh

Won by 1, thanks Eifert.

The Steelers bye week snuck up on me. I have Big Ben, Martavis Bryant, DeAngelo Williams, the Steelers defense and new kicker, lol. Looks like I'm shaking things up this week.

Titans D against Jacksonville or Vikings D against Green Bay? I have to assume Rogers will bounce back at some point, but that Green bay offense looks stuck in mud.

Vikings. D plays good against just about anyone.

ColdPizza

Banned
I'm 9-1 in my league this year...ask me any questions.

Hahaha...just kidding. My draft picks have panned out incredibly well. My advice? Draft Brady and Gronk, focus on receivers...wait to find a running back later in the year. The top drafts barely ever workout running back wise. (PPR league)

Tied for first in my league, 8-2 in mine, would be 10-0 if i started a different D both games.

My team is a fraud...I'm the 5th highest scoring team, but i have the lowest Points Against in the league, so I've been incredibly lucky.

feel good
i traded donte moncrief for west (chiefs)

Highway robbery for you.

I dropped Moncrief last week and no one in my 10 team league batted an eye, hes prob a non factor without a healthy Luck and Charizard/Charmander has been killing it the past few weeks

Cels

Highway robbery for you.

I dropped Moncrief last week and no one in my 10 team league batted an eye, hes prob a non factor without a healthy Luck and Charizard/Charmander has been killing it the past few weeks

he accepted the trade right before luck's injury, lol. the guy i traded with had a bunch of strong RBs and was lacking in WRs.

Is anyone else laughing at the NFL.com Fantasy projection for Langford?

Projected for 30.56 points in my league (I have him).

That just feels insane to me for someone that only has two starts and is facing Denver.

nillapuddin

At this point Im basically only thinking about playoffs, I am pretty confident I can cruise into a 1st round bye

Trying to put a lineup 5 days ahead is hard enough, let alone 5 weeks

Palmer
Newton

Freeman
Gore
Bernard
Matt Jones

Marshall
Sanders
J. Brown
Bryant
Amendola / Hilton

Gronk
Eifert

Seahawks
Eagles

McManus / Whoever

What do yall think about the Underlined, trying to pick up some nice backups

FTF

That just feels insane to me for someone that only has two starts and is facing Denver.

Yes, that is insane. Plus Forte might play.

I'm 8-2 but everyone on my team has gone down pretty much. I'm now relying on Karlos Williams as my 2nd rb and Marvin Jones as flex. If ODB or Lamar Miller go down I'm done. That'd be a shame to be so dominant going to the playoffs and then fall apart entirely.

ACE 1991

Ok, I'm pretty friggin' stacked at RB, pick 3

McFadden, C. West, Langford (if Miller isn't back), Latavius Murray

....And utterly anemic at WR, pick 2

Randall Cobb, Jordan Matthews, Brandon Lafell, James Jones

And for TE, pick 1

Witten vs. Eifert. This ones tough.

Tom Nook

Lol, maybe I should pick up Osweiler, he projected 41pts. o_O

So who would you guys play if you had both LaFell and Amendola?I guess Amendola has the chance to return a punt or something too, but damn LaFell is due for a touchdown.

Going with the Vikings D instead of the Titans D this weekend. Thanks GAF!

ACE 1991

Any word on Forte yet? I want to keep riding the Langford wave....

I'd keep riding it even if he gets cleared. They'll ease Forte in slowly since Langford went ham.

This is kind of my thought, espeically since he put up mad points on my bench. No idea who I should bench for him though (out of C. West, Latavius Murray, McFadden)

EDIT: Someone is offering me Tavon Austin for Latavius Murray. I have lots of RB depth but non at WR, what do you guys think?

My QB Eli Manning is on Bye, and the backup I picked up weeks ago Brian Hoyer is in the concussion protocol and might not make it out... It's been said that desperate men do desperate things in desperate times...

This week... I might have to put my faith in The Sanchize vs. Tampa Bay.

anybody got some bleach?

phanphare

Banned
My QB Eli Manning is on Bye, and the backup I picked up weeks ago Brian Hoyer is in the concussion protocol and might not make it out... It's been said that desperate men do desperate things in desperate times...

This week... I might have to put my faith in The Sanchize vs. Tampa Bay.

anybody got some bleach?

not a bad streaming option imo

is stafford available? him vs. oakland is a good match up too.

not a bad streaming option imo

is stafford available? him vs. oakland is a good match up too.
16-teamer, Double Flex (WR/TE and WR/RB/TE). Stafford never hit the FA pool since the draft.

Sure his potential ceiling is high, but Mark Sanchez is so error prone and derp-like in his awareness he's also likely to give you a 5 FP performance on sacks/fumbles/INTs/TAINTs. He's the definition of boom or bust where my usual team construction only requires 15 FP from the QB position to be successful.

phanphare

Banned
16-teamer, Double Flex (WR/TE and WR/RB/TE). Stafford never hit the FA pool since the draft.

Sure his potential ceiling is high, but Mark Sanchez is so error prone and derp-like in his awareness he's also likely to give you a 5 FP performance on sacks/fumbles/INTs/TAINTs. He's the definition of boom or bust where my usual team construction only requires 15 FP from the QB position to be successful.

oh damn haha

well yeah I'd go with Sanchez and I'd feel as good as one could feel about that

UberTag

You could always grab Tannehill. I dumped him to the wire earlier this morning.
What a let down he was. Blew my streak of nailing a breakout QB each season putting all my eggs in his basket.

So who would you guys play if you had both LaFell and Amendola?I guess Amendola has the chance to return a punt or something too, but damn LaFell is due for a touchdown.
Go Amendola in PPR. Lafell in standard scoring.

Edwardo

How's the rb free agent pool look in this league right now?

UberTag

How's the rb free agent pool look in this league right now?
Best available options in said league are Bilal Powell, Javorius Allen, Taiwan Jones, Chris Polk and Tre Mason. What a bumper crop of prospects those are!

There are some interesting handcuffs (Spencer Ware for KC, Tevin Coleman for ATL) but otherwise the cupboard is bare.

Edwardo

Best available options in said league are Bilal Powell, Javorius Allen, Taiwan Jones, Chris Polk and Tre Mason. What a bumper crop of prospects those are!

There are some interesting handcuffs (Spencer Ware for KC, Tevin Coleman for ATL) but otherwise the cupboard is bare.

Pretty much the same in my 14 team league. I have no idea who im gonna start at rb this week with DeAngelo Williams and Duke Johnson on byes.

ACE 1991

Okay, new trade offer, I need advice.

I have no one good at WR, and he's offering me Amari Cooper for Tyler Eifert. My other TE is Witten. Thoughts? Eifert has had monster games but is super fluky.

UberTag

Pretty much the same in my 14 team league. I have no idea who im gonna start at rb this week with DeAngelo Williams and Duke Johnson on byes.
I'm starting the likes of Harry Douglas, Jay Ajayi and Shaun Draughn in the aforementioned league as of right now. Somehow I'm 7-3 despite losing Arian Foster, Dion Lewis and Kendall Wright to injuries. I've been extremely fortunate with the schedule. It's fun trying to replace injured players in 16-team leagues with small benches.

I have no one good at WR, and he's offering me Amari Cooper for Tyler Eifert. My other TE is Witten. Thoughts? Eifert has had monster games but is super fluky.
Seems like a reasonable offer to me. I expect Witten's production to go back up with Romo back in the fold.

Hoodbury

Should I start Amendola over Alshon Jeffery?

Patriots play the 25th ranked defense against wide outs and Bears play the number 1 ranked defense against wide outs.

Slevin

Could use some help on this:

I have Gurley, Blount and Ajayi for RBs. Someone just dropped Karlos Williams. Drop Ajayi for Williams? Williams produces despite being a secondary but if something happens to Miller I think Ajayi will go off. Then again if something happens to Gurley or Blount I won't have a good option to replace one of them and my WR lineup isn't great.

Tom Nook

Could use some help on this:

I have Gurley, Blount and Ajayi for RBs. Someone just dropped Karlos Williams. Drop Ajayi for Williams? Williams produces despite being a secondary but if something happens to Miller I think Ajayi will go off. Then again if something happens to Gurley or Blount I won't have a good option to replace one of them and my WR lineup isn't great.

Yes, pick up Williams. Even if Williams the backup for Mccoy, he still gets TDs.

Okay, new trade offer, I need advice.

Ben-Stiller-Do-It-Starsky-and-Hutch.gif

Edwardo

Would Zach Miller be worth a start vs Denver's defense? Can the hot streak continue? I'm not hurting for a TE, considering for flex.

My team is so outclassed this week, I feel like I need to go with some high reward longshots.

I was faced with a similar dilemma - Luck and Bradford are both (likely) out for this week, so I put in a claim for....Brock Osweiler. They've been grooming him to take over for Peyton since 2012, he's gonna be fired up for the start, the D is good. It's a flier and will make this weekend fairly interesting if I get him. I just don't know if I can trust Sancheezy.

UberTag

Would Zach Miller be worth a start vs Denver's defense? Can the hot streak continue? I'm not hurting for a TE, considering for flex.

My team is so outclassed this week, I feel like I need to go with some high reward longshots.
You should not be chasing points from Tight Ends who dialed up most of their yardage on a fluke play where coverage broke down. Zach Miller isn't worth starting unless Bennett gets hurt... and he'd be inconsistent even then. If you're projected to lose, there's no harm in going high risk/high reward. But make smarter gambles than that one.

Also, Denver's defense isn't susceptible to the mental lapses that plague St. Louis when it comes to covering the tight end position.
Speaking of which, you'd be better off starting Crockett Gillmore this week.

I was faced with a similar dilemma - Luck and Bradford are both (likely) out for this week, so I put in a claim for....Brock Osweiler. They've been grooming him to take over for Peyton since 2012, he's gonna be fired up for the start, the D is good. It's a flier and will make this weekend fairly interesting if I get him. I just don't know if I can trust Sancheezy.
I'm starting Osweiler in two of my 16-team leagues this week. Peyton's issues seem more long-term than Bradford's. I'll take the younger arm in a more palatable offensive system with inconsistent running back play over the perennial backup in a Chip Kelly system who may elect to check down and let DeMarco Murray carry the day.

Edwardo

You should not be chasing points from Tight Ends who dialed up most of their yardage on a fluke play where coverage broke down. Zach Miller isn't worth starting unless Bennett gets hurt... and he'd be inconsistent even then. If you're projected to lose, there's no harm in going high risk/high reward. But make smarter gambles than that one.

Alright, thanks.

I wish I could start Gillmore. He's been on a team since like week 2.

I'm starting Osweiler in two of my 16-team leagues this week. Peyton's issues seem more long-term than Bradford's. I'll take the younger arm in a more palatable offensive system with inconsistent running back play over the perennial backup in a Chip Kelly system who may elect to check down and let DeMarco Murray carry the day.

Yeah, I might even drop Bradford if Osweiler plays well this week and Peyton seems like he'll be out longer term. Slim pickins for QB on FA in my league though, which makes me want to be very careful with my bench.

prag16

Banned
Should I start Amendola over Alshon Jeffery?

Patriots play the 25th ranked defense against wide outs and Bears play the number 1 ranked defense against wide outs.

Alshon is hard to bench. Any way to get both of them into your lineup? Who else ya got?

Tom Nook

Are people really starting Osweiler? I currently have Dalton because Brees on bye. Should I take the risk?

My Lineup (standard league) Record: 8-2

QB: Dalton
RB: Ivory
RB: D Martin
WR: Diggs (A Brown is on bye week)
WR: LaFell (OBJ is on bye week, didn't get Amendola)
TE: Eifert
Flex: Blount
DST: Rams
K: Blair

I am not starting Osweiler unless I have to. Far prefer Dalton. I would start him over TJ Yates or other bottom barrel options though.

Picked up the Falcons TE Jacob Hamme to cover the barnyard dawg's bye-week, hopefully get some production out of him

Is that like Peter Porker, Spider Pig? Anyway it's the Fa(i)lcons. Hope they play more like the beginning of the season and less like before the bye.

Wellington said:
OK so what are we collectively doing with Jeremy Hill?

Hanging tight in Keeper leagues, bench/RB2/bye flex in redraft. The bottom line is that he has 30 point upside any gameday, but it will only happen if the defense facing the Bengals can capably take away the pass option. So long as Dalton can wheel-and-deal (or worse, if the entire offense gets crushed like this past week) Hill is just a coinflip.

Are people really starting Osweiler? I currently have Dalton because Brees on bye. Should I take the risk?

My Lineup (standard league) Record: 8-2

QB: Dalton
RB: Ivory
RB: D Martin
WR: Diggs (A Brown is on bye week)
WR: LaFell (OBJ is on bye week, didn't get Amendola)
TE: Eifert
Flex: Blount
DST: Rams
K: Blair

Dalton definitely over Osweiler.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I am not starting Osweiler unless I have to. Far prefer Dalton. I would start him over TJ Yates or other bottom barrel options though.

Is that like Peter Porker, Spider Pig? Anyway it's the Fa(i)lcons. Hope they play more like the beginning of the season and less like before the bye.

Hanging tight in Keeper leagues, bench/RB2/bye flex in redraft. The bottom line is that he has 30 point upside any gameday, but it will only happen if the defense facing the Bengals can capably take away the pass option. So long as Dalton can wheel-and-deal (or worse, if the entire offense gets crushed like this past week) Hill is just a coinflip.
That's really my issue. I know if I bench him he will go off. I don't have a better flex option until potentially Vincent Jackson is back healthy anyway so whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom