• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
If I hadn't been fortunate to grab and stash Romo a week ago I'd start Osweiler if I were in need of a QB. But I'm a broncos fan and want to be optimistic.

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reports Brian Hoyer (concussion) is likely to miss Sunday's game against the Jets.

Hoyer didn't practice Wednesday in the concussion protocol. The Texans haven't officially ruled him out, but the addition of Brandon Weeden suggests they don't expect him to get cleared. T.J. Yates will start if Hoyer sits, with Weeden backing him up.
FUUUUUCCCCKKKKKK

oh god I have to release The Sanchize.

UberTag

Decker and Jarvis Landry.
Having those 4 guys is a nice problem to have. That said, I would bench Amendola of the quartet until he shows he can be Brady's #1 non-Gronk target. He benefited from a lot of single coverage in his few bright spots this season with Dion Lewis and Julian Edelman attracting attention. Won't have that luxury any more.

Just got an interesting trade offer.

I'd get Dalton and Forsett, he'd get Lynch. I currently have Latavius Murray and Langford, and my QBs are Luck, Bradford and Osweiler. Obviously I'd dump Bradford and probably have Langford sit. Seems like a better trade for me. Thoughts?

ACE 1991

Nice, dude accepted the trade of Eifert (I still have Witten) for Amari Cooper. Anyways, should I put Randall Cobb or LaFell in the WR2 spot? Cobb has been fucking awful this season.

gutshot

Just got an interesting trade offer.

I'd get Dalton and Forsett, he'd get Lynch. I currently have Latavius Murray and Langford, and my QBs are Luck, Bradford and Osweiler. Obviously I'd dump Bradford and probably have Langford sit. Seems like a better trade for me. Thoughts?

Not a horrible trade but not sure if I would take that, to be honest. Dalton has cooled off quite a bit of late. And the truth is QB is a position where you can often times get decent value off of the wire. Position scarcity at RB, especially unquestioned starters who will get the bulk of their team's carries, makes Lynch much more valuable than what you are getting in return.

EDIT: QBs that have outscored Dalton over their last 3 games: Alex Smith, Brian Hoyer, Joe Flacco, Kirk Cousins.

Not a horrible trade but not sure if I would take that, to be honest. Dalton has cooled off quite a bit of late. And the truth is QB is a position where you can often times get decent value off of the wire. Position scarcity at RB, especially unquestioned starters who will get the bulk of their team's carries, makes Lynch much more valuable than what you are getting in return.

EDIT: QBs that have outscored Dalton over their last 3 games: Alex Smith, Brian Hoyer, Joe Flacco, Kirk Cousins.

Ugh, yeah. If I don't take the trade then I'm starting Osweiler, which I feel isn't terrible. And hopefully Luck comes back in a week or two.

Lynch has been injured all season, and I have Rawls on my bench for the cuff. Forsett has been terrible too, so basically once Forte comes back I'll have Murray and either Forsett or Langford, who will be trading snaps with Forte.

prag16

Banned
Traded away Blount and Crabtree

For Alshon

Don't think I fucked up? did i?

Top 20 RB and top 20 WR for top 10 WR? Seems fair, as long as one of the two you traded away would have otherwise been on the bench and/or whoever you're downgrading Blount too isn't too rough.

PBY

Banned
Top 20 RB and top 20 WR for top 10 WR? Seems fair, as long as one of the two you traded away would have otherwise been on the bench and/or whoever you're downgrading Blount too isn't too rough.

Was starting Crabs; Blount was on my bench.

goober

Fitzmagic and Eli are available on the wire. I got Tygod and Russell Wilson. Are they worth picking up? Both Eli and Fitzpatrick have been playing pretty decently, but their ROS schedule doesn't look too hot.

Edit: Cutler has been playing well too, but I don't like him this week.

Fitzmagic and Eli are available on the wire. I got Tygod and Russell Wilson. Are they worth picking up? Both Eli and Fitzpatrick have been playing pretty decently, but their ROS schedule doesn't look too hot.

Id play Eli over any of those others every week. Im a Giants fan and can confirm our passing offense is def clicking. Hes been better with INT and fumbles lately unlike Russell...

Ive been stuck waiting on Wilson to have a big game all year and hes been consistently average. If you want your sure 15 pts a week stick with him, otherwise roll the dice on Eli or Tyrod or even Fitz getting you that extra 10-20 points that might make the difference.

prag16

Banned

Somebody dropped Eli? The hell. Yeah, grab him. Now. He's got a bye this week, but I like him better than all those options for the stretch run.

This weeks line up

Mariota
Dez Bryant
Amari Cooper
Devonte Freeman
Jonathan Stewart
Crockett Gilmore
Jeremy Langford
Mike Nugent
Tampa D

Bench

Eli (Bye)
Emmanuel Sanders
Matt Forte
Sammy Watkins
Charles Clay
Chris Johnson

It really sucks that Forte and Langford may be splitting snaps. Not sure if he's even playing this week though. I can always throw CJ or Watkins into the flex. Any suggestions? Also, I'm a little iffy rolling with the tampa D but I'm hoping Sanchez plays like Sanchez. There's only about 10 available d's in my league and the only other one I was considering was Dallas vs Mia

prag16

Banned
who are your other WRs and TE?

This. People always throw up trade stuff in here, in a vacuum. Need some context.

And in the opposite situation, even when context IS provided, a lot of times the peanut gallery here only wants to evaluate in a vacuum and is concerned about who is "winning or losing" the trade. Roster construction is a HUGE factor in that. Nobody should be evaluating trades only in a vacuum.

Crabtree
Decker
Stevie Johnson
Willie Snead

Eifert

Starks/Lacy and Ryan Mathews at RB

Thanks!

I guess it leaves you a tad weak at WR, but you need a RB more. You're covered at TE with Eifert. In this case, if the other guy is willing, I'd say go for it.

goober

Somebody dropped Eli? The hell. Yeah, grab him. Now. He's got a bye this week, but I like him better than all those options for the stretch run.

Id play Eli over any of those others every week. Im a Giants fan and can confirm our passing offense is def clicking. Hes been better with INT and fumbles lately unlike Russell...

Ive been stuck waiting on Wilson to have a big game all year and hes been consistently average. If you want your sure 15 pts a week stick with him, otherwise roll the dice on Eli or Tyrod or even Fitz getting you that extra 10-20 points that might make the difference.

Yup, someone dropped Eli for Romo. They also had Luck on their roster. Thanks for the help.

Fantasypro said to go with Dalton, he'll bounce back from last week but against ARI? I don't know. I personally would go with Taylor, his first meeting against NE was a competitive game and he did score 3 TDs and rush 1 TD.

I wouldn't mess with Arizona, especially after that egg Dalton laid last week against a FAR worse team.

Koko

Banned
Just realize Carr is available.

I have started Matty Ice all season long until last week when I stream K. Cousins with great results and I have been stashing Romo since the beginning. Should I drop Watkins/Adams for Carr?

My other WR are: Lord Julio, Dez and Mike Evans.

Advice on RB/Flex.

Haves:

RB: Langford, Starks, McFadden
WR: Julio Jones, Stefon Diggs, Kamar Aiken

My main options are on bye.

McFadden says he is good to go so should I go Langford/McFadden as my RBS and do the three WR'S as my starters (Diggs or Aiken in flex)?

Starks seems to be inconsistent as of late but then again the Packers haven't done much

phanphare

Banned

I have started Matty Ice all season long until last week when I stream K. Cousins with great results and I have been stashing Romo since the beginning. Should I drop Watkins/Adams for Carr?

what's your full roster? I'd definitely pick up carr but I'd try and drop someone else for him. I like carr in every match up going forward except denver

mr2xxx

Banned

How many QBS are you planning to have on your squad?

UberTag

what's your full roster? I'd definitely pick up carr but I'd try and drop someone else for him. I like carr in every match up going forward except denver
The unfortunate dilemma is that said matchup with Denver is Week 14... arguably the most critical week of the entire fantasy season.
If you have the bench depth to rotate him out with other QBs, he's a great quarterback to own.
Would even be worth trading away most everyone else for depth (provided your deadline hasn't hit yet) so long as you can grab Jameis Winston for that week instead.

phanphare

Banned
The unfortunate dilemma is that said matchup with Denver is Week 14... arguably the most critical week of the entire fantasy season.
If you have the bench depth to rotate him out with other QBs, he's a great quarterback to own.
Would even be worth trading away most everyone else for depth (provided your deadline hasn't hit yet) so long as you can grab Jameis Winston for that week instead.

he also has romo though

Koko

Banned

My full roster:

QB Tony Romo
RB Charcandrick West, Lamar Miller, Darren McFadden,T.J. Yeldon, Karlos Williams, Eddie Lacy
WR Julio Jones, Dez Bryant, Mike Evans, Sammy Watkins, Davante Adams,
TE Greg Olsen
K Brandon McManus
DST New York Jets

phanphare

Banned
My full roster:

QB Tony Romo
RB Charcandrick West, Lamar Miller, Darren McFadden,T.J. Yeldon, Karlos Williams, Eddie Lacy
WR Julio Jones, Dez Bryant, Mike Evans, Sammy Watkins, Davante Adams,
TE Greg Olsen
K Brandon McManus
DST New York Jets

damn..

you should try and do a two-for-one trade to clear up some space for carr and get some value for players that you can't start. to be honest I wouldn't be comfortable dropping anyone on your roster outright.

Terrible situation right now but PPR league, 1 point

CJ Anderson or Eddie Lacy?

Devonta Freeman is my other starter, DeAngelo Williams and Shane Vereen are on bye, so that leaves either Anderson or Lacy to start this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom