• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NBA Finals |OT| the deli is closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fjordson

Maybe it wasn't intentional, but I remember Ariza trying to bait Curry into an ejection earlier this year. Dude is a clown.

I would say that hopefully Bogut or Draymond has a flying knee for him next year, but Kerr's too classy for that.

Ralemont

not me
I almost laughed when they explained why Klay was back.

"The Warriors have determined that the concussion protocol testing wasn't necessary."

How do you do that without the concussion protocol testing?

Two Words

This is the only corner of the internet or life in general where I've heard Steph Curry called unlikable.

I thought that play was Klay's fault. he got Ariza in the air and then ran into his knee on accident.
Players jumping to block shots shouldn't lead with their knee.

Fjordson

This is the only corner of the internet or life in general where I've heard Steph Curry called unlikable.

I thought that play was Klay's fault. he got Ariza in the air and then ran into his knee on accident.
I dunno, I've never seen someone lead with their knee to try and stop the shot. Klay and Curry have pulled that move hundreds of times over the last few years and not once have I seen them get kneed in the head. Not a single time have they even come close.

Not saying it was for sure intentional, but as I mentioned Ariza is a known clown so fuck'im.

Cheebo

Banned
How long is he expected to be out since they say he is out now till concussion symptoms go away? Concussion symptoms last weeks to months typically no?

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
How long is he expected to be out since they say he is out now till concussion symptoms go away? Concussion symptoms last weeks to months typically no?

Depends. Some NFL players manage to pass protocol to play in the following week's game...whether they actually did pass or not is another argument of course.

In case anyone didn't see the Ariza tiger knee here's a gif from the playoff thread.

injury

UDDhxVL.gif

No specific timetable, but I keep seeing roughly a week cited so the only game I wouldn't bet on him playing in is Game 1

"Jud Buchler and Bill Wennington were significantly better than Mozgov and Stacey King was a HOFer.

Jordan had big men that LeBron could only dream of, making what LeBron did that more incredible."
Jud Buechler was a small forward, not a big man. You're thinking Luc Longley.

Buechler hit a huge 3 in the series against the Jazz that started a rally that helped the Bulls clinch that series in Game 6.

(Buechler was my favorite player other than Jordan and Pippen back in those days when I grew up outside of Chicago lol)

Some people hate Andrew Luck, there are some things science cannot explain friend.
True enough, indeed.

Watching the replay again Ariza's knee does lead more than I realized. But judging from where Klay originally pump-faked from, Ariza would have just sailed past him in the air had Thompson not dribbled forward. Maybe the knee came out as a reaction to biting on the fake too soon and trying to adjust in the air? I've never seen Ariza play dirty before, i would just call the play a bit reckless.

I'm glad both teams have a week off to rest, especially when dealing with a concussion.

diffusionx

Gold Member
"Jud Buchler and Bill Wennington were significantly better than Mozgov and Stacey King was a HOFer.

Jordan had big men that LeBron could only dream of, making what LeBron did that more incredible."

If LeBron was playing in the same conference Jordan did, I would agree with you. But the East is a garbage dump and unfortunately has been since, well, about since Jordan retired.

I'm pretty sure I could've diagnosed Klay with a concussion the moment he took a flying knee to the head. The blood flowing from his ear didn't help anything.

Vyer

That's exactly what happened. Klay tried to drive into the legs of a dude in midair. Just a fluke accident. There was no 'leading with the knee' or any other such nonsense.

That's exactly what happened. Klay tried to drive into the legs of a dude in midair. Just a fluke accident. There was no 'leading with the knee' or any other such nonsense.

The more I look at the replay it becomes obvious that there was going to be a leg-to-shoulders midair collision even if Ariza didn't stick his knee out. I'm not sure what Klay was trying to do.

Jud Buechler was a small forward, not a big man. You're thinking Luc Longley.

Buechler hit a huge 3 in the series against the Jazz that started a rally that helped the Bulls clinch that series in Game 6.

(Buechler was my favorite player other than Jordan and Pippen back in those days when I grew up outside of Chicago lol)

Yes Longley.

If LeBron was playing in the same conference Jordan did, I would agree with you. But the East is a garbage dump and unfortunately has been since, well, about since Jordan retired.

I was joke quoting something a talking head on ESPN would say. I wasn't being serious.

Dellvahobo is Ariza's adopted, formerly homeless, Austrialian brother. Ariza knew Houston was done so he was trying to help out his adopted brother.

If Klay isn't ready by game 1, will Kerr start Justin Holiday again? I'd rather see Livingston get the nod and have Steph play combo guard..

Okay my memory was failing me, I thought Klay got a contusion in game 4 and they kept it under wraps to get him to play game 5, that would've been dumb af.

dorkkaos

Yeah, doesn't look like Ariza was trying to injure or even hurt him. Looks like a freak accident. Looks like Klay didn't expect Ariza to bite hard since it looks like he's doing a pump fake and then spin away from Harden and drive to the middle or a pump fake, jab step and then a shot.

Atleast Ariza didn't do a karate kid like Bowen hahah. But really, sucks that all teams are getting hurt, but that's just the way it is, i guess. Glad both teams get a a week of rest and it should be a good finals between 2 great teams.

Okay my memory was failing me, I thought Klay got a contusion in game 4 and they kept it under wraps to get him to play game 5, that would've been dumb af.

As dumb as not putting a guy who just got kneed in the head through the concussion protocols and instead sending him back to the bench?

Vyer

The more I look at the replay it becomes obvious that there was going to be a leg-to-shoulders midair collision even if Ariza didn't stick his knee out. I'm not sure what Klay was trying to do.

If you're leaping forward (as opposed to straight up) though after planting your left I don't think that's unusual.

MIMIC

Banned
Oh man just heard about Klay :(

Why was he allowed to play during Game 5 after the contact? It LOOKED nasty @_@

Champagne

Banned
If you're leaping forward (as opposed to straight up) though after planting your left I don't think that's unusual.
Yeah that majority of the time when you leap off of your back foot forward your knee is going to be angled outwards. Since Ariza was trying to contest the shot he turned his body towards Klay while he was in the air while Klay started to lean forward into Ariza's body, thus the knee to face collision.

Fjordson

Klay didn't actually play after he got hit, just came back out to the bench.

Warriors' staff tried to pull an NFL and skirt the concussion protocol is what I'm guessing. Pretty shitty, but it is what it is.

Omega

Banned
I get the feeling most of the people in this thread don't even watch basketball.

So many "OMG IF HE WAS CONCUSSED HOW DID HE PLAY!?!?"

I honestly don't now why teams aren't constantly hitting Steph and being super physical with him. Come in the lane, put him on his ass.

Because in today's NBA, you can't overtly do that shit. Officials are quick to call flagrant fouls these days. That said, teams are physical with Steph (as much as they can get away with). Watch what happens when he's running through picks without the ball, guys are grabbing/pushing etc..as much as they can to keep him from running through picks.

effzee

I get the feeling most of the people in this thread don't even watch basketball.

So many "OMG IF HE WAS CONCUSSED HOW DID HE PLAY!?!?"

Pretty sure they don't. 90% of the talk in every NBA thread is about current great player comparisons to Jordan or how refs are rigging the games.

Fjordson

This Warriors squad might just be the most unlikable team in years.

Warriors medical staff is scummy as hell.

Surprised a prep-school team like the Warriors doesn't have better staff.

nba gonna protect its golden boy and golden team best believe

New Kanye is a pussy and vibes with the Warriors' similar pussy aesthetic.

Maybe I could start to not hate the Warriors if Klay Thompson shaved those pubes off of his face.

2YFfur1.gif

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I honestly don't now why teams aren't constantly hitting Steph and being super physical with him. Come in the lane, put him on his ass.

Memphis definitely tried...there was several times when Curry was moving without the ball where he was checked pretty hard. No foul calls on most of them as well.

Champagne getting salty even before a quarter of Finals ball has been played lol.

The last time I was excited for a finals matchup like this was Lakers v Celtics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom