• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NBA Finals |OT| the deli is closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shouldn't have gone with anything. You'd think a Cleveland fan of all people would know how this story plays out.

Cleveland fans are the ones feeling themselves for cake walking the East and disregarding the Warriors as any threat to their coronation.

Hell, as much as I hated the Czzz I never said the series would be easy or they would get their "asses stomped".

Respect the competition, geez.

What do you guys think of my new tattoo?

CGRglvEU8AA_hr8.jpg
Jason Terry doesn't even know what team he's on.

Erico

Unconfirmed Member
If (okay, when) the Warriors win, would they actually have their parade in San Francisco instead of Oakland?

LQX

LeBron is mostly handicapped by himself. When you consider his talent, he had the team to beat the Spurs both those years, and was a lucky play away from losing in both finals.

His problem is that he's a stat padder and a frontrunner. This might sound crazy, but he literally caps himself out at a certain stat line -- especially when he's getting his ass handed to him. Last year's finals is a great example of this. He'd put up all his numbers in spurts, usually in the first half, and disappear in large chunks of the games. This is why despite having better numbers, he was being outplayed by Kawhi Leonard at several points in the series.

Sometimes he just needs to take over and score 40 or 50, but he's not willing to do it or even try it. Instead he'll hide in his point guard shell and go for that 'efficient' near-triple-double line and stop there.
This is very well said. This is why it can be so frustrating watching him play as at times it looks like he intentionally holds back. Van Gundy constantly criticizes him for it as he also feels he holds back when he should be taking over the game.

Dr.Acula

Banned
This is very well said. This is why it can be so frustrating watching him play as at times it looks like he intentionally holds back. Van Gundy constantly criticizes him for it as he also feels he holds back when he should be taking over the game.

Part of that is the Spurs knowing games are won in the 4th quarter. I don't think Pops cares if LeBron has 20 in the first half.

Fjordson

Wow, looks like Alvin Gentry has already landed the New Orleans job.

Bummer to see him go, but I figured he'd be gone sooner than later. Just hope Kerr was taking offensive notes this year.

neptunes

Warriors are going to look different next season, that's for sure.

I wonder if another team (Detroit?) will offer Draymond Max and he leaves

Barrage

I don't think he's leaving the West Conf champs for Detroit unless Golden State REALLY lowballs him (which...how could they?)

They're paying Curry 10 Million below his market value. Now is not the time to be stingy.

I think Draymond will end up getting the max from the Warriors. I also think any other team that pays him the max would end up regretting it, he just fits that team so well.

neptunes

I don't think he's leaving the West Conf champs for Detroit unless Golden State REALLY lowballs him (which...how could they?)

They're paying Curry 10 Million below his market value. Now is not the time to be stingy.

Pay now or pay later, if they Max him and Curry, they're going into the tax

Do they really want to pay Klay, Steph, and Draymond that much money?

isn't David Lee the highest paid on that roster?

Pay now or pay later, if they Max him and Curry, they're going into the tax

Do they really want to pay Klay, Steph, and Draymond that much money?

isn't David Lee the highest paid on that roster?

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/golden_state.htm

Yes but he comes off the books after next season. The Warriors should absolutely pay Draymond max money now before the cap goes up, his contract could end up looking like a deal in a few years.

Fjordson

Draynond could leave. But local writers are all basically saying the same thing: Warriors will pay him what he wants (Curry as well) and take the hit until Lee's contract is off their shoulders and the cap raises. There is a lot of push from Curry and others in the organization to keep Draymond and most people seem to think Lacob will oblige.

Wow, looks like Alvin Gentry has already landed the New Orleans job.

Bummer to see him go, but I figured he'd be gone sooner than later. Just hope Kerr was taking offensive notes this year.

That could be a pretty big loss, he kinda perfected the D'Antoni offense. AD's gonna feast next season.

So you don't think he would at least consider playing for Detroit if they were offering max, considering he IS from there?

He'd consider it sure but would you really leave a championship contender that looks like it's ready to compete for years to go play for Detroit? Plus, like people have pointed out already, the Warriors have the right to match any offer. It would be bad business by the Warriors to let him go to another team for free right before the cap is going to jump significantly. Sign him to the max now and worry about what do with him later.

Yes and that's what everyone is saying will happen. GS will match whatever comes in.

Of course they could be spreading rumors saying that as a bluff to scare off other teams, but I doubt it.

I still think it will be difficult to move Lee's contract without packaging him with a draft pick or another player. Especially since Lee only gets to play garbage minutes anymore.

I'm betting that he'll probably get amnestied.

On a side note my predictions for player movement for this summer.

LMA>Spurs
K Love>Rox
D Wade>Clippers

I still think it will be difficult to move Lee's contract without packaging him with a draft pick or another player. Especially since Lee only gets to play garbage minutes anymore.

I'm betting that he'll probably get amnestied.

On a side note my predictions for player movement for this summer.

LMA>Spurs
K Love>Rox
D Wade>Clippers

Warriors already used their amnesty on Charlie Bell. They could use the stretch provision on Lee or like you said move him with a pick but he's only on the books for one more year so they may as well just let him play out his deal.

Warriors are going to match Dray and would be silly not to. The guy may not be a traditional post player but he is a superb defender at the 4 (consistently mitigates dominant 4's- just look at the fg% of guys like Blake and AD with Dray checking them) and a playmaking mismatch on the other side of the ball. The bigger question is what the W's will do about Harrison Barnes. To me he's still an enigma. I mean it's so hard to tell what kind of player he'll become. Are we seeing max level Barnes already or can he be more? He's just as likely to blend in as he is to drop 13 points in a closely contested 4th quarter during the WCF. Not to mention, he's young. Can we build around the Steph,Klay,Dray and Barnes core? Or do we package him for a more traditional big man? It's hard to say..

Cleveland fans are the ones feeling themselves for cake walking the East and disregarding the Warriors as any threat to their coronation.

Hell, as much as I hated the Czzz I never said the series would be easy or they would get their "asses stomped".

Respect the competition, geez.

Damn that 2010 game 3 fisher

Fuck the past few finals , Celtics Lakers 2010 and 2008 were better B^)

Misterhbk

Warriors are going to match Dray and would be silly not to. The guy may not be a traditional post player but he is a superb defender at the 4 (consistently mitigates dominant 4's- just look at the fg% of guys like Blake and AD with Dray checking them) and a playmaking mismatch on the other side of the ball. The bigger question is what the W's will do about Harrison Barnes. To me he's still an enigma. I mean it's so hard to tell what kind of player he'll become. Are we seeing max level Barnes already or can he be more? He's just as likely to blend in as he is to drop 13 points in a closely contested 4th quarter during the WCF. Not to mention, he's young. Can we build around the Steph,Klay,Dray and Barnes core? Or do we package him for a more traditional big man? It's hard to say..
Barnes isn't as likely to get thrown Max money. I Think it would be pretty foolish not to keep him as well. He was putting up great numbers in his rookie season and if not for being put on the bench and forced into constant iso ball cause of Jackson I think his sophmore season would have been equally as productive. He shows up big time in the playoffs and outside of game 4 against the rockets has been a consistent and efficient force. I love his game and athleticism. Like you said he's young, just turned 23 today. He's gonna get better.

Omega

Banned

They weren't being stingy with Curry. He was coming off an injury and there was doubt to how healthy he would be long term.

They weren't being stingy with Curry. He was coming off an injury and there was doubt to how healthy he would be long term.

People seem to forget that at the time Curry signed that contract, he was damaged goods and that contract was fair. No one was being stingy as most GMs thought he was worth about 8 mil a year on the open market

Fjordson

Apparently Brian Shaw was at the Warriors' practice today. Wants to fill Gentry's spot. Golden State the place to be.

Though didn't the players in Denver hate Shaw? Like he lost the locker room.

effzee

LeBron is mostly handicapped by himself. When you consider his talent, he had the team to beat the Spurs both those years, and was a lucky play away from losing in both finals.

His problem is that he's a stat padder and a frontrunner. This might sound crazy, but he literally caps himself out at a certain stat line -- especially when he's getting his ass handed to him. Last year's finals is a great example of this. He'd put up all his numbers in spurts, usually in the first half, and disappear in large chunks of the games. This is why despite having better numbers, he was being outplayed by Kawhi Leonard at several points in the series.

Sometimes he just needs to take over and score 40 or 50, but he's not willing to do it or even try it. Instead he'll hide in his point guard shell and go for that 'efficient' near-triple-double line and stop there.

This is beyond stupid analysis.

Literally everything Lebron does or doesn't do is wrong to you or people like you. He scores in spurts. He doesn't score 40-50 every game. He passes the ball and becomes a PG (like that's a negative now?).

Padding stats by averaging a near triple double while scoring 30+ points? WTF am I reading? Do assists not lead to points and thus help the team overall? Do blocks, rebounds, and or steals not help the team? Padding stats would make sense if he was scoring 30 points on 30 shots while doing absolutely nothing else to help the team win. That's padding stats. Seeing the box score and seeing 30 points and thinking "must have had a good game".

I can't believe for people who follow the NBA so much how narrow and bias the analysis is. 95% of the basketball world considers Lebron the best player on the planet for the complete package he brings but only this forum can you find the real truth about Lebron! He pads stats! Basically limits his potential to win in favor of a better stat line!

Lebron is a front runner! All his wins are invalidated cause they were lucky! Not like other teams who win with no luck involved!

Can discussion ever evolve from this neanderthal point of view? Didn't TNT point out this postseason that he has hit as many game winning shots in the playoffs as MJ did?

At this point these posters basically go like this : I don't like Lebron so I am going to throw any and everything up on the wall to see if it sticks! The arguments aren't real cause they all stem from a dislike of the player and the person.

Apparently Brian Shaw was at the Warriors' practice today. Wants to fill Gentry's spot. Golden State the place to be.

What? Lol His style fits the Warriors the worst. That is why he was fired in Denver the style of play just didn't fit Lawson and Faried.

Edit: he doesn't like playing at a fast pace. Denver players prefer pushing the ball up the floor quickly to look for an opportunity before the defense can get settled. He tried install an offense based on cutting with Faried being swing man at top. He is a slow half court coach.

So basically he's gonna eventually snap like Gohan vs Cell?

I'm in Denver and those players are a bunch of babies. Even after they got Shaw out, they still acted like spoiled brats. Shaw screwed up too but management and the players didn't do him any favors. You guys can have Lawson, give us a draft pick!

And GS should ask for Iggy to take a paycut. He gets paid a bit much for his production.

Champagne

Banned
"Lebron gay 4 that he know he can't lead a team to a championship"

Yeah, that's pretty much something I would expect Draymond Green to say.

Spinluck

This is beyond stupid analysis.

Literally everything Lebron does or doesn't do is wrong to you or people like you. He scores in spurts. He doesn't score 40-50 every game. He passes the ball and becomes a PG (like that's a negative now?).

Padding stats by averaging a near triple double while scoring 30+ points? WTF am I reading? Do assists not lead to points and thus help the team overall? Do blocks, rebounds, and or steals not help the team? Padding stats would make sense if he was scoring 30 points on 30 shots while doing absolutely nothing else to help the team win. That's padding stats. Seeing the box score and seeing 30 points and thinking "must have had a good game".

I can't believe for people who follow the NBA so much how narrow and bias the analysis is. 95% of the basketball world considers Lebron the best player on the planet for the complete package he brings but only this forum can you find the real truth about Lebron! He pads stats! Basically limits his potential to win in favor of a better stat line!

Lebron is a front runner! All his wins are invalidated cause they were lucky! Not like other teams who win with no luck involved!

Can discussion ever evolve from this neanderthal point of view? Didn't TNT point out this postseason that he has hit as many game winning shots in the playoffs as MJ did?

At this point these posters basically go like this : I don't like Lebron so I am going to throw any and everything up on the wall to see if it sticks! The arguments aren't real cause they all stem from a dislike of the player and the person.

Eff you're wasting your time.

Never go full NBA-GAF when it comes to Lebron discussion. Best case scenario: Lebron wins and reboots NBA-GAF once again due to meltdown overloads. Worst case scenario: Steph wins his first ring! No matter what we all win!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom