• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NBA Finals |OT| the deli is closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Lebron can carry this band of bumbling players to a Finals victory I will l consider him almost MJ status, none of his championships came against this strong a team with so little support. Thompson can barely score and he may be the second best player on the Cavs right now.

Yup, statistically it would be one of the greatest upsets in the history of the finals, that was with Kyrie. This is the worst team Lebron has taken to the finals in this five year stretch and outside last years Spurs it's maybe the toughest opponent.

Spurs/Heat in 2013 was good. As was the Mavs/Heat finals in 2011.

You're right. They were GOOD not GREAT.

2013 could have been great but Game 7 was not down to the wire.

2011 was a near laugher in Game 6.

Except Game 6, every game in the 2010 series could have gone either way till like the last 3 minutes or so of the game.

J2 Cool

Still can't believe that Draymond Green block. Warriors really do have the depth and should win an easy game sometime, if Curry doesn't shit the bed like that. Just be an assist guy early next game look for your points late

VoxPop

What amazing fuckball. Wish I could give Delly a hug right now. Outstanding hustle and play. LeBron and JR almost blew it but there were some real stupid calls as well. I still don't see how the Cavs can win the series but I sure am hoping for it. Warriors in 7 is my guess.

random25

HCA now belongs to Cleveland. They just need to protect their home court and they'll win this one.

Warriors just needs to stop relying too much on threes. Curry needs to drive more when his shot is not falling.

Lebron would have went to give JR that Chalmers treatment, but its JR Smith so he would cracked Lebron in the jaw got sent away Rondo style.

I feel like JR Smith could've done that goddamn backfist knockout shot he did to the Celtic player, but it wouldn't faze LeBron, who would be running on pure hatred and fury

and a lot of Sprite: LeBron's Mix

Great game. And if you ask me Cleveland has controlled more of this series thus far. Two straight games where the pace of play is almost entirely in CLE's favor.

GSW reminding me alot of 2012 OKC.
This Golden State team is much better than that OKC team. I think KD and YNB > splash bros but the rest of that OKC team does not compare to Golden States not to mention the coaching.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
So that was the first time the Cavaliers have won a game in the Finals in the franchise's 45-year history. It was their sixth Finals game overall.

Joei

Like I said I would be surprised. Warriors play like absolute garbage and force OT by playing well for 3 minutes. I don't see them shooting 8/35 again.

The problem with what you're saying is they are playing against a team that's actually playing defense, something you don't see in those west coast games.

Spinluck

That's an all time performance for Lebron. Some stupid shit went on down the stretch, trying to force feed the post, but other than that might be one of his best games.

NBA officiating is fucking trash as usual, what a shit fucking product they put out. Embarrassing, glad I don't watch anything but the finals.

I'm just glad he didn't start forcing 3s again.

Really shit stretch of decision making on those shots from game 1.

J2 Cool

Yup, statistically it would be one of the greatest upsets in the history of the finals, that was with Kyrie. This is the worst team Lebron has taken to the finals in this five year stretch and outside last years Spurs it's maybe the toughest opponent.

It's team fought though, can't give it all to lebron as the tipping point when Dellevadova was the biggest player in OT. Lebrons been great in his effort though, it's one of the most raw Lebron James performances which makes it so enjoyable

You're right. They were GOOD not GREAT.

2013 could have been great but Game 7 was not down to the wire.

2011 was a near laugher in Game 6.

Except Game 6, every game in the 2010 series could have gone either way till like the last 3 minutes or so of the game.

2013 came down to the last 40 seconds or so. and game 6 of that series is one of the greatest games of all time, with the greatest shot in finals history.

gcubed

HCA now belongs to Cleveland. They just need to protect their home court and they'll win this one.

Warriors just needs to stop relying too much on threes. Curry needs to drive more when his shot is not falling.

Warriors won't change their game. That's their game, live and die by the jumper

Good lord Curry is 5 of 21 from 3 in the finals. He better step it up because even if they win this is choke job esque if his scoring doesn't improve.

M.D

Shumpert makes that game winning shot at game 1 and Kyrie never gets hurt, cavs close it down 4-0 at Cleveland

I called Warriors in 5. This was an Iverson Game 1 mixed with the emotion of playing for Kyrie combined with the worst shooting performance I've seen from the Warriors. They are playing commendable defense but I would be shocked if they win another game. I am in full support of LBJ for series MVP though.

I dunno. the dubs have had 2 substandar games in a row, maybe, just maybe there's something going on.

Sweep would have been cool but I seriously doubt anyone is changing their prediction of who will win this series based on a game where the Warriors shot the worst game of their season. Yes of course I know there was defense involved but there was also wide open shots.

True, but taking the series as a whole it has been competitive so far. More competitive than anybody was willing to accept including you.

Had nobody been talking about the fact that Draymond Green has played like crap for two games? For someone who moaned about Kawhi getting DPoY, once again he comes up short.

People absolutely should talk about his brain farting allowing Dellavedova to be in the position to grab that rebound. Really, one competent box out and we'd be all mocking JR Smith right now.

Epic job by the Cavs. Fuck yes.

image.php

2013 came down to the last 40 seconds or so. and game 6 of that series is one of the greatest games of all time, with the greatest shot in finals history.

Imagine if fucking Ray Allen was on the Cavs and on the floor for these games

You probably could see all of Oracle shit a brick if he ever got the ball. The man is a stone cold killer

SCChappy

Banned

that game 6 ray allen shot is etched into my memory

that was one of the greatest shots ive seen happen live

Zoned

Actively hates charity

2012 okc was a way stronger team than this.

Warriors won't change their game. That's their game, live and die by the jumper

They can still rely on the jumper they just need to do a better job of creating those shot opportunities. Stop taking pull up threes 3 seconds into the shot clock. Move the ball around. No more ISO Curry.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Here's the thing and what I said before the series started. The Cavs need two players to show up each night to help Lebron and the Cavs win.

Tonight it was Mozgoz and Delly. Game 3 at home JR Smith will probably be more comfortable and hopefully show up. Or Iman Shumpert? Either way Mozgov needs to see more time Game 3.

But LOL @ the people who wrote off the Cavs before the series started or after Game 1. Fuck what happened in the regular season this is 7 games who can show up. And right now Curry looks shook out on the court while Lebron playing like its his 7th finals series.

That counts for something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom