• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NBA Finals |OT| the deli is closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ninjimbo

We got an interesting series for the next two games. I'm okay with that.

Although I want the Warriors to win, part of me will be glad to see Lebron get another title of if it means shutting people up about the dude's greatness. His team was ready to play tonight. They came out looking exactly like they did the other night. That's good leadership.

Joei

And all those saying "Curry had a game, omg, it won't happen again," well guess what, Lebron didn't shoot great either. And you have to play team ball. You're not having a great game, so what? Include your other players. Curry didn't do that cause he's not that type of player, sure, maybe the MVP, but surely ain't the best player in the league, and surely ain't skilled enough to get in his teammates.

The difference in notoriety between Lebron and Curry will never be more apparent than it is right now. If lebron went 5-23...BRUH.

Servers would be on FIYAH tonight.

Some much truth.

Real talk: if Lebron pulls off the series win, I'll consider him right up there with MJ.

The shit is stacked against him.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
GSW is missing some wide open shots, but they're having to expend so much effort to get any sort of useful shot that it takes its toll on players. Curry got completely shut down by Dellevedova. I don't think he'll shoot 20% the rest of the series but if this matchup is for real then GSW is in some real trouble.

Agreed, but the Cavs are going to get into trouble sooner stamina-wise if they keep the kinds of minutes they've been going every game.

What? GS has the best offense and defense. Their regular season was insane. In no way is that OKC team stronger than this.
OKC role players are severely lacking in comparison. I'll take KD and Russ over the splash bros but I'd definitely take Barnes, Iggy, Green, Bogut over Ibaka, baby Harden, Sefolosha and Perkins. No contest there.

Fury451

Banned
That said I hope Cleveland pulls it off. The hate LeBron still gets is ridiculous and it would be one of the greatest upsets of all time.

Emotional rallying for an injured teammate happens all the time in sports.

Of course it does. Saying that's the only reason behind the win is just asinine.

They had terrible offense, but great defense. Anyone saying that Golden State would blowout the Cavs has now witnessed 2 incredibly close games, but I'm still seeing denial of any true Cleveland talent- never any credit where it's due. More so on social media of friends than here I should say.

That said, GS missed some shockingly open shots.

rambis

Banned
This was...a game. Just ugly all around.

Also, I'm not even mad at the no call on LeBron. Dude traveled like fuck. So, do you call the travel or the foul? Fuck it. Call neither. Play on. If the ref calls the travel, LeBron bitches. If he calls the foul, GS says he traveled, which he did. Play on.

Curry played like shit. He is legit shook up right now. Never seen a dude so cold from 3 look to continue to shoot his team out of the game like he did. Passing up open 2 point looks, lay ups, etc. Hell, even he was surprised his finger roll went in. LOL

An entertaining, ugly game of basketball is what this was. Quality of players on display is pretty poor.
That one play is fine but there were about three questionable plays with no calls against Lebron. And then Curry was bailed out by the supposedly banned pump fake bait move.

Cavs defense plays the way they've played all post season: "Warriors were just off tonight." People said the same when ATL went down.

Anything to NOT give credit where it is obviously due. Never change, haters.

GGWP Warriors. LeBron will get his calls in CLE though. Believe that.

Curry can actually make those guarded shots though, that's what makes him somewhat different. It's unusual to see him miss so many.
Not playing against Jason Terry's exemplary defense makes things a bit harder, doesn't it.

gcubed

And all those saying "Curry had a game, omg, it won't happen again," well guess what, Lebron didn't shoot great either. And you have to play team ball. You're not having a great game, so what? Include your other players. Curry didn't do that cause he's not that type of player, sure, maybe the MVP, but surely ain't the best player in the league, and surely ain't skilled enough to get in his teammates.

Lebron hasn't shot great for the last two months. Let's stop with lazy arguments.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Warriors just look out-coached. Never thought I'd say it. Cavs in probably 6 unless Kerr gets his head out of his ass.

Ain't no way Kerr is out-coached, when Blatt almost blew the game by sitting Mozgov through the 4th and OT. Nothing Kerr did was dumber than that, period.

Nori Chan

Here's the thing and what I said before the series started. The Cavs need two players to show up each night to help Lebron and the Cavs win.

Tonight it was Mozgoz and Delly. Game 3 at home JR Smith will probably be more comfortable and hopefully show up. Or Iman Shumpert? Either way Mozgov needs to see more time Game 3.

But LOL @ the people who wrote off the Cavs before the series started or after Game 1. Fuck what happened in the regular season this is 7 games who can show up. And right now Curry looks shook out on the court while Lebron playing like its his 7th finals series.

That counts for something.

11-34 in his 7th final series, missing 15-19 of his last shots, BUT THAT TRIPLE DOUBLE DOE. King out here getting carried by the fucking aussie overlord

Cals are literally giving it 110% and barely staying within contention while GS hasn't even hit 80% boy stop

Ralemont

not me
I'm glad the Cavs are making it a series, but the talent discrepancy is just too great here. I still think the Warriors take it in 6.

Either way, this is one of those magical series where I'm happy if either team wins.

Kerr had a bad showing this game but he adjusted pretty well in the Grizzlies series when the Warriors looked worse than they do now.

GSW is missing some wide open shots, but they're having to expend so much effort to get any sort of useful shot that it takes its toll on players. Curry got completely shut down by Dellevedova. I don't think he'll shoot 20% the rest of the series but if this matchup is for real then GSW is in some real trouble.

Lebron needs to shoot better. He's doing absolutely everything else and is by a large margin the best performing player in this series but that shooting is going to sink them in the long run.

Game 3 will be very telling. I think that's where you can start to separate flukes from trends.

I'm glad the Cavs won, but fuck yo, they need to learn how to hold on to leads. They let teams go on late game runs almost all the time and it's annoying to watch.

Cavs defense plays the way they've played all post season: "Warriors were just off tonight." People said the same when ATL went down.

Not playing against Jason Terry's exemplary defense makes things a bit harder, doesn't it.

Jason Terry is the only player he's every played against now? Be careful with the frontrunning dude, you're not even up in the series yet lol.

Naw, Kobe-esque would of been 15/38 or some shit and he would of had like 20-30 points.

Kobe had a 6/24 night in Game 7 of the Finals but he grabbed 15 boards or whatever. Who gives a fuck? Dude had a bad game. It's a 7 game series. Game 3 will likely go to Cleveland but again, who knows? Maybe GSW will take this L as a lesson that you can't fuck around for 4 quarters and get a win.

Joei

Lebron hasn't shot great for the last two months. Let's stop with lazy arguments.

Lazy arguments? In what way? And if you're saying Lebron hasn't shot great the past two months, which is true, he hasn't, then the Cavs shouldn't even be where they are cause it's a team of D-leaguer's, right?

As others pointed though where was Mosgov late in the 4th? Made no sense why Blatt kept him benched.

Yeah Mosgov was making a mess down low that they missed when GS finally went on their little run. It's weird how often coaches go away from a player who had a big effect in the first half.

If the Cavs win because Lebron legit plays almost every minute of every goddamn game, I'm not sure why anyone would short him on that.

Redd

I'm not hating on Cavs I just don't see Lebron playing 45+ minutes every night. He looks spent late in the fourth and overtime. He had the same problem last year too. I thought it was a fluke. Minutes take their toll.

That goes both ways. Cavs looked beat to death out there by the end. How long can this miraculous defense last while also trying to score?

lol miraculous defense? They're just playing hard, you're talking like the Cavs aren't the best defensive team in the East. Most of their guys barely show up for offense.

Ric Flair

Banned
11-34 in his 7th final series, missing 15-19 of his last shots, BUT THAT TRIPLE DOUBLE DOE. King out here getting carried by the fucking aussie overlord

Cals are literally giving it 110% and barely staying within contention while GS hasn't even hit 80% boy stop

Okay, I've given him some shit too but this is ridiculous. The dude was on the floor the entire game, he was beyond gassed halfway through the 4th.

The weird part on Steph's airball, was how little emotion was shown. Warriors kind of shrugged to a loss

All this talk about SHOOK SHOOK SHOOK people must be mind readers because the Warriors sure don't show it. The fact that Curry didn't shrink away from shooting after his performance shows just how "shook" he really was.

You wanna look up real shook? Check out Harden in 2012, he basically prayed to god no one would pass to him eventually throughout the series and never bothered to do anything when he got it.

trixx

Naw, Kobe-esque would of been 15/38 or some shit and he would of had like 20-30 points.

Curry choked hard this game, one of the worse finals performances I've ever seen from a season MVP.

Truth. Kobe the gawd isnt scoring less than 20. Also, if Cavs manage to win this series somehow (I highly doubt they will, but they can pull it off) yeah I think Bron would be up there with MJ

LJ11

That one play is fine but there were about three questionable plays with no calls against Lebron. And then Curry was bailed out by the supposedly banned pump fake bait move.

Lebron got Andre with it earlier in the game too, that shit will never be out. Just can't leave your feet, it's often a bad idea.

Spinluck

lol, were you even here after the defeat last game? Genuinely wondering. I don't think anyone would expect the JR and Del to shoot up to the standard of Curry and Klay. Lebron has been inefficient all playoffs so this isn't anything new for him.

On the contrary, this was incredibly low for the Warriors who have been shooting lights out throughout the season.

Go back and check friend, I never left.

I don't expect the Warriors to play like absolute trash like they did today for the rest of the way, but the Cavs were hot garbage too.

Two games in, it's time to stop making excuses for Golden States' shit play so far these Finals.

n0razi

Lebron needs to shoot better. He's doing absolutely everything else and is by a large margin the best performing player in this series but that shooting is going to sink them in the long run.

the man is playing 50mins... cant really fault his shooting... hell curry (greatest shooter ever) got shutdown by delly

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess

The banned what now?

And yeah, the refs sucked. The quality of reffing reflects the quality of play. Piss poor. =/

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
It's weird you would say this with everything else you posted. Series change from Game to Game. Nothing carries over. If Steph comes out and has a monster game in Cleveland, will the series suddenly be the Warriors to win? He had a bad game and for that matter, shooting wise, so did LeBron but he won and that is what matters. Had the Warriors had won, it would be a different story. I doubt Steph goes 5/23 again this series. You have the best player on the Warriors shoot a historically bad game and the Cavs win by 2.

Let's see what's what. I had it going 7 (when I thought that Kyrie wouldn't be dead). I still think this will likely happen but again, who knows? That's why we watch the games, right?

Absolutely. I guess I phrased it wrong, my point is this is Steph Currys first Finals series. Same as Durant in 2012. Lebron is playing like he's been in the finals before because he has. Despite Steph playing an MVP regular season (and he was far and away the MVP) that doesn't mean anything because this is his first finals appearance and he's playing nervous. If not nervous then something is off and I think it has to do with it being his first time in the NBA finals spotlight.

Jimrpg

This was...a game. Just ugly all around.

Also, I'm not even mad at the no call on LeBron. Dude traveled like fuck. So, do you call the travel or the foul? Fuck it. Call neither. Play on. If the ref calls the travel, LeBron bitches. If he calls the foul, GS says he traveled, which he did. Play on.

Curry played like shit. He is legit shook up right now. Never seen a dude so cold from 3 look to continue to shoot his team out of the game like he did. Passing up open 2 point looks, lay ups, etc. Hell, even he was surprised his finger roll went in. LOL

An entertaining, ugly game of basketball is what this was. Quality of players on display is pretty poor.

I'd rather Curry miss shots like he did, then shoot great and still lose because he couldn't work the other team out. The shot will come back. True Dubs fans know there's nothing to worry about. Delly played a great game though, but they'll do more to get Curry open next game. He does need to get Draymond and Green more open looks though.

Curry is still below LBJ and KD IMO. I don't think he's an elite level passers-by and his rebounding is so and so. No real defense to speak of. He also has no real drive game. LBJ and KD can score in pretty much any way imaginable. They bring good defense, they can run an offense, good rebounding.

He's probably the best shooter of all time but I don't think there will be a 3-5 year period where people will argue he's the best in the league with LBJ, KD and Anthony Davis around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom