• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NBA Finals |OT| the deli is closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fury451

Banned
Like I said I would be surprised. Warriors play like absolute garbage and force OT by playing well for 3 minutes. I don't see them shooting 8/35 again.

With all due respect, you underestimate Cleveland's home field advantage when something big is on the line. It happens so rarely that the fans get insane. Plus the Cavs home win record is great.

Will Cleveland be renamed Jamestown if Bron pulls this off?

Lebronland sounds more fun to me:

The difference in notoriety between Lebron and Curry will never be more apparent than it is right now. If lebron went 5-23...BRUH.

Servers would be on FIYAH tonight.

You're right. They were GOOD not GREAT.

2013 could have been great but Game 7 was not down to the wire.

2011 was a near laugher in Game 6.

Except Game 6, every game in the 2010 series could have gone either way till like the last 3 minutes or so of the game.

You've got to take the quality of the basketball into account, not just how close the games are. It's exciting at the very end when the game is on the line but the journey to get there I wouldn't even call "good".

It's team fought though, can't give it all to lebron as the tipping point when Dellevadova was the biggest player in OT. Lebrons been great in his effort though, it's one of the most raw Lebron James performances which makes it so enjoyable

He's playing so amazing I almost feel bad for him. :p

And yes the team is playing hard, but can they keep this up... We will see but I doubt it.

MIMIC

Banned
I barely watched any of the regular season and only some of the playoffs, but you Western Conference nuts need to give the Cavs some respect...considering how close both games were right up to the end of regulation.

Before the finals started, you'd think that GS would be up 20 points in every game by the way most people were talking. And I don't know whether it's just trash talk or whether people actually feel that GS is 100x superior, but either way, it makes you all look silly.

Higgy

The fact that only Klay showed up today and displayed his talent and they barely lost speaks volumes to GS's talent level though. Their best player, Curry was hot ass garbage for most of that game and they had multiple opportunities to take it.

Unfortunately for GS, Shump and JR are going to be making all those shots they missed these last few games.... GS better come correct, ready to step on the neck... or LeBron is about to make some objectively amazing sports history.

I agree. The Cavs are going to get more from guys just because of home cooking. A lot of people are ignoring that for some reason. This oh it's just gonna be 5 games now is silly to me.

Joei

They missed wide open shots. Grizzlies don't play defense?

They missed shots consistently with pressure on them the whole game. Sure, there were wide-open shots, but it's exhausting to have the pressure they had on them the whole game. This was the best defense they've seen all season.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
maybe you are underrating the defensive efforts of the cavs, ie delly

Like anything, it's a bit of both. The defensive pressure was there at times, but GS was also missing wide open shots. But since this is GAF, you must fall on one extreme or the other, lol. This thread has been nuts on any "debate" so far.

LJ11

He forced some terrible shots. Don't get me wrong, he has to, he has to be a volume player on this scrubby team, but that's also the reason he fills up the stat line. Far from one of LeBron's best performances.

I felt he didn't force much early in the game, seemed like he got sloppy in the 4th. Can't stand the wait out at the 3pt line with 6 seconds on the clock. Missed a ton of shots but got to the line all night and gave his teammates good looks. Enjoyed his game tonight.

Chris Bosh is a legend off that pass in my book
image.php

I barely watched any of the regular season and only some of the playoffs, but you Western Conference nuts need to give the Cavs some respect...considering how close both games were right up to the end of regulation.

Before the finals started, you'd think that GS would be up 20 points in every game by the way most people were talking. And I don't know whether it's just trash talk or whether people actually feel that GS is 100x superior, but either way, it makes you all look silly.

B6WSxd0IIAA4Brb-2-645x356.jpg

They missed shots consistently with pressure on them the whole game. Sure, there were wide-open shots, but it's exhausting to have the pressure they had on them the whole game. This was the best defense they've seen all season.

That goes both ways. Cavs looked beat to death out there by the end. How long can this miraculous defense last while also trying to score?

Spinluck

Sweep would have been cool but I seriously doubt anyone is changing their prediction of who will win this series based on a game where the Warriors shot the worst game of their season. Yes of course I know there was defense involved but there was also wide open shots.

Amazing, had no clue GS was the only team missing open shots again.

I'm glad NBA threads exist, because they're great at protecting other threads from your bullshit. Lol.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
This was...a game. Just ugly all around.

Also, I'm not even mad at the no call on LeBron. Dude traveled like fuck. So, do you call the travel or the foul? Fuck it. Call neither. Play on. If the ref calls the travel, LeBron bitches. If he calls the foul, GS says he traveled, which he did. Play on.

Curry played like shit. He is legit shook up right now. Never seen a dude so cold from 3 look to continue to shoot his team out of the game like he did. Passing up open 2 point looks, lay ups, etc. Hell, even he was surprised his finger roll went in. LOL

An entertaining, ugly game of basketball is what this was. Quality of players on display is pretty poor.

Fury451

Banned

Being down multiple good players and stil pulling out a win on such a close game is just "emotional playing for Irving" too.

Cleveland rarely gets kudos.

ISOM

The difference in notoriety between Lebron and Curry will never be more apparent than it is right now. If lebron went 5-23...BRUH.

Servers would be on FIYAH tonight.

Lebron shot horribly. The only difference is that the Cavs won so he's not getting his feat held to the fire as much.

That said I hope Cleveland pulls it off. The hate LeBron still gets is ridiculous and it would be one of the greatest upsets of all time.

Being down multiple good players and stil pulling out a win on such a close game is just "emotional playing for Irving" too.

Cleveland rarely gets kudos.

Emotional rallying for an injured teammate happens all the time in sports.

Superman0

It's team fought though, can't give it all to lebron as the tipping point when Dellevadova was the biggest player in OT. Lebrons been great in his effort though, it's one of the most raw Lebron James performances which makes it so enjoyable

It is arguable that Delly was the biggest player in OT. James is involved in 6 points (assist to Imam for a three and three ft) of the 8 points that were scored in OT. Delly gets credit for play great D on Curry though.

rambis

Banned

This could easily be a 2-0 CLE series heading back to Cleveland. The Warriors haven't been the world beaters they've been hyped up to be against a team missing three starters.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Warriors just look out-coached. Never thought I'd say it. Cavs in probably 6 unless Kerr gets his head out of his ass.

random25

It's baffling that Thompson can't score to save his life in this series. He could've been a great help if only he can be a reliable inside scorer. Good thing Mozgov picked up the slack.

Also baffling that Green struggles in this series. He did make some late game shots but he's been really bad so far.

Erico

Unconfirmed Member
This was...a game. Just ugly all around.

Also, I'm not even mad at the no call on LeBron. Dude traveled like fuck. So, do you call the travel or the foul? Fuck it. Call neither. Play on. If the ref calls the travel, LeBron bitches. If he calls the foul, GS says he traveled, which he did. Play on.

Curry played like shit. He is legit shook up right now. Never seen a dude so cold from 3 look to continue to shoot his team out of the game like he did. Passing up open 2 point looks, lay ups, etc. Hell, even he was surprised his finger roll went in. LOL

An entertaining, ugly game of basketball is what this was. Quality of players on display is pretty poor.

Pretty much.
This was an entertaining game in that comedy-of-errors college football way.

Amazing, had no clue GS was the only team missing open shots again.

I'm glad NBA threads exist, because they're great at protecting other threads from your bullshit. Lol.

lol, were you even here after the defeat last game? Genuinely wondering. I don't think anyone would expect the JR and Del to shoot up to the standard of Curry and Klay. Lebron has been inefficient all playoffs so this isn't anything new for him.

On the contrary, this was incredibly low for the Warriors who have been shooting lights out throughout the season.

Here's the thing and what I said before the series started. The Cavs need two players to show up each night to help Lebron and the Cavs win.

Tonight it was Mozgoz and Delly. Game 3 at home JR Smith will probably be more comfortable and hopefully show up. Or Iman Shumpert? Either way Mozgov needs to see more time Game 3.

But LOL @ the people who wrote off the Cavs before the series started or after Game 1. Fuck what happened in the regular season this is 7 games who can show up. And right now Curry looks shook out on the court while Lebron playing like its his 7th finals series.

That counts for something.

It's weird you would say this with everything else you posted. Series change from Game to Game. Nothing carries over. If Steph comes out and has a monster game in Cleveland, will the series suddenly be the Warriors to win? He had a bad game and for that matter, shooting wise, so did LeBron but he won and that is what matters. Had the Warriors had won, it would be a different story. I doubt Steph goes 5/23 again this series. You have the best player on the Warriors shoot a historically bad game and the Cavs win by 2.

Let's see what's what. I had it going 7 (when I thought that Kyrie wouldn't be dead). I still think this will likely happen but again, who knows? That's why we watch the games, right?

jman2050

Like anything, it's a bit of both. The defensive pressure was there at times, but GS was also missing wide open shots. But since this is GAF, you must fall on one extreme or the other, lol. This thread has been nuts on any "debate" so far.

GSW is missing some wide open shots, but they're having to expend so much effort to get any sort of useful shot that it takes its toll on players. Curry got completely shut down by Dellevedova. I don't think he'll shoot 20% the rest of the series but if this matchup is for real then GSW is in some real trouble.

Lebron needs to shoot better. He's doing absolutely everything else and is by a large margin the best performing player in this series but that shooting is going to sink them in the long run.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom