• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NBA Finals |OT| the deli is closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol miraculous defense? They're just playing hard, you're talking like the Cavs aren't the best defensive team in the East. Most of their guys barely show up for offense.

Why are you the second person to just harp on an adjective instead of actually addressing the point in the post? Is it sustainable?

Higgy

11-34 in his 7th final series, missing 15-19 of his last shots, BUT THAT TRIPLE DOUBLE DOE. King out here getting carried by the fucking aussie overlord

Cals are literally giving it 110% and barely staying within contention while GS hasn't even hit 80% boy stop

Ugg this terrible post twice! My eyes!

Patty Mills said:
Della, you can wait as long as you want brus...Bus not leaving without you tonight!

Haha Patty Mills so right. In case you guys didn't know Delly missed the last call for the bus and had to take an uber driver.

How in the fuck is winning A series for Cleveland vs. winning 2 separate 3Peats equal?

This thread is full of people that only saw Jordan on YT, confirmed.

gcubed

Lazy arguments? In what way? And if you're saying Lebron hasn't shot great the past two months, which is true, he hasn't, then the Cavs shouldn't even be where they are cause it's a team of D-leaguer's, right?

Lazy argument is Curry had a bad shooting night, bububu lebron too. Is epitome of lazy.

Well, the eastern conference is full of d-leaguers so ... They played dirty gritty ball and won. It's something the warriors can't do and if they make every game like this they will have a chance in every game.

Ephemeris

Ain't no way Kerr is out-coached, when Blatt almost blew the game by sitting Mozgov through the 4th and OT. Nothing Kerr did was dumber than that, period.

I was mad as fuck when the Cavs were getting out-rebounded as Mozgod watched from the bench.

The Refs decided I wasn't angry enough though.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
lmao

Delly is Curry's Kawhi

Delly on Curry like...

shook.gif~original

THEY SHOOK
I was mad as fuck when the Cavs were getting out-rebounded as Mozgod watched from the bench.

The Refs decided I wasn't angry enough though.
Dude I was throwing shit.

Go back and check friend, I never left.

I don't expect the Warriors to play like absolute trash like they did today for the rest of the way, but the Cavs were hot garbage too.

Two games in, it's time to stop making excuses for Golden States' shit play so far these Finals.

You should go back and check my posts an hour ago. I never made excuses and called this performance what it was. They had no urgency, they relaxed too much, and they straight up missed shots. Plenty to criticizer.

Of course it does. Saying that's the only reason behind the win is just asinine.

They had terrible offense, but great defense. Anyone saying that Golden State would blowout the Cavs has now witnessed 2 incredibly close games, but I'm still seeing denial of any true Cleveland talent- never any credit where it's due. More so on social media of friends than here I should say.

That said, GS missed some shockingly open shots.

Oh yeah I don't think it's the only reason at all. Their defense is amazing, and Lebron is playing his heart out generating points with that offense. I was just defending my position on originally picking GSW in 5 - I don't like picking a sweep when a team runs on 3-pointers, you can get a game like this where nothing falls.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
11-34 in his 7th final series, missing 15-19 of his last shots, BUT THAT TRIPLE DOUBLE DOE. King out here getting carried by the fucking aussie overlord

Cals are literally giving it 110% and barely staying within contention while GS hasn't even hit 80% boy stop

It's a 7 game series. A W is a W.

Warriors were close to going down Game 1 too but that doesn't matter.

We have 5 games left.

Godslay

Banned
when lebron dominates a game then makes a couple bad plays in the last few minutes = choke

when steph shits the bed an entire game = cavs are lucky steph was off!

Wise words Bread.

Yeah Mosgov was making a mess down low that they missed when GS finally went on their little run. It's weird how often coaches go away from a player who had a big effect in the first half.

I think Blatt was trying to rest him. He's really making an impact on the series though, would be in their best interest to keep the big guy fresh.

How in the fuck is winning A series for Cleveland vs. winning 2 separate 3Peats equal?

Cleavland winning tonight basically erases Jordan's shot on Ehlo tbh

By the time the series is over people gonna be like "MJ who? You mean the moonwalking guy?"

zychi

Banned
Truth. Kobe the gawd isnt scoring less than 20. Also, if Cavs manage to win this series somehow (I highly doubt they will, but they can pull it off) yeah I think Bron would be up there with MJ

6/24 in clincher v Celtics.

Gasol carried his ass.

Absolutely. I guess I phrased it wrong, my point is this is Steph Currys first Finals series. Same as Durant in 2012. Lebron is playing like he's been in the finals before because he has. Despite Steph playing an MVP regular season (and he was far and away the MVP) that doesn't mean anything because this is his first finals appearance and he's playing nervous. If not nervous then something is off and I think it has to do with it being his first time in the NBA finals spotlight.

I don't buy the "first Finals" argument. Hunger is hunger, period. If Steph's shot falls, are you making this argument? Also, remember the 2004 Pistons? They played my Lakers and they had never been there. So did the 2008 Czzz. Point is, everyone has to start somewhere. Not everyone loses before they win.

jman2050

if GSW is trying to play at half-speed in the goddamn NBA Finals because they don't think they need to exert more effort to win then they're a bunch of stupid brainless idiots and they deserve to lose to Lebron James and a bunch of whatever. I doubt that's the issue though, cause most professional athletes know that they need to give their best effort in the most important games.

Nobody needs to hide behind this "GSW only gave 80% and they only lost by 2" nonsense, just state what it is. They lost fair and square and didn't play as well as they're accustomed to. Whether they just had an off night or whether Cleveland truly has figured out something to slow them down is unclear for now.

Why are you the second person to just harp on an adjective instead of actually addressing the point in the post? Is it sustainable?

How is the adjective, your description of their defense, now something I'm not allowed to respond to? It's not miraculous, it's hard defense from a hard playing team. They played hard defense in game 1 as well. GS was just shooting better as a team, then again so were the Cavs. Can the Cavs keep up a high level of energy on defense on a natural good defensive team in which most of the perimeter guys don't expend that much energy on offense anyways? The sings point to yes. Us saying the Cavs can keep up their hard defense doesn't mean we suddenly expect GS to average 30% from the floor.

I've been watching Jordan longer than you have been alive.

Yes, I would consider him right up there with MJ if he pulls of the series win. The Cavs were expected to be swept by a lot of people.

When has MJ and his Bulls have been the severe underdog in a Finals?

Their first against Magic's Lakers?

Agreed, but the Cavs are going to get into trouble sooner stamina-wise if they keep the kinds of minutes they've been going every game.

Dude but you told me the dub's were pacing themselves and were going to blow up the Cavs on the third quarter.

Are you going to own up to the fact you have misread this?

Incredible, no recognition of the achievement of the cavs, just excuses.

MEDIOCRE!!!!

Are we sure the Warriors don't suck? They could be down 0-2 right now.
This is the Memphis series pt 2. Opposing team uglifies the game, makes Warriors play a style they don't want to.

We'll see how they do. I don't think the Cavs will be able to hang for long, but who knows.

SlickVic

Anyone try watching the game on the ESPN app and get a ridiculous amount of ads at the end? It went from the 4 minute mark of the 4th quarter, went to ads, then abruptly cut back into the game with like a minute left just as it was about to go back to timeout, and then plays ads all the way up to the 3 minute mark of OT. It seemed to playing 3-4 minutes of ads regardless of low long the TV timeout were. Just awful.

Lebron has been inefficient, but he's not a great shooter and he's the number 1, 2, and 3 options right now. What he is doing incredibly well is leading the Cavs on offense and defense, controlling the pace of the game, rebounding and assisting his ass, and playing almost the entire game. I thought Warriors would sweep once Kyrie went down. Now I hope it goes 6 or 7.

How is the adjective, your description of their defense, now something I'm not allowed to respond to? It's not miraculous, it's hard defense from a hard playing team. They played hard defense in game 1 as well. GS was just shooting better as a team, then again so were the Cavs. Can the Cavs keep up a high level of energy on defense on a natural good defensive team in which most of the perimeter guys don't expend that much energy on offense anyways? The sings point to yes. Us saying the Cavs can keep up their hard defense doesn't mean we suddenly expect GS to average 30% from the floor.

The signs point to yes? To me, it looks like they can't keep it up considering how short their bench is. Not like GSW is playing soft defense either.

Erico

Unconfirmed Member
I've been watching Jordan longer than you have been alive.

Yes, I would consider him right up there with MJ if he pulls of the series win. The Cavs were expected to be swept by a lot of people.

When has MJ and his Bulls have been the severe underdog in a Finals?

Their first against Magic's Lakers?

After 2011, Dirk became equal to Jordan then.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
It's worse than it ever was prior to the Great Exodus lol

Well, obviously. I mean, look:

Dude but you told me the dub's were pacing themselves and were going to blow up the Cavs on the third quarter.

Are you going to own up to the fact you have misread this?

Incredible, no recognition of the achievement of the cavs, just excuses.

MEDIOCRE!!!!

What? Are you confusing my post with someone else's, because at no point did I say GS was purposely pacing themselves for anything. The only thing I posted was that during the season GS usually has their strongest play in the 3rd during games. Obviously, it's not absolute, just a reference. But apparently, you need to shape a narrative for some reason. Are you that insecure in your fandom?

gcubed

And people wonder why lebron gets so much hate. When you have 90% of the game being a lebron love fest from announcers, ESPN ball sucker's and then 15 year olds trying to talk him up over MJ...

Same shit as Tebow, but at least lebron has talent

MIMIC

Banned
Anyone try watching the game on the ESPN app and get a ridiculous amount of ads at the end? It went from the 4 minute mark of the 4th quarter, went to ads, then abruptly cut back into the game with like a minute left just as it was about to go back to timeout, and then plays ads all the way up to the 3 minute mark of OT. It seemed to playing 3-4 minutes of ads regardless of low long the TV timeout were. Just awful.

ESPN App is downright awful. I use it as an absolute last resort.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom