• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NBA Finals |OT| the deli is closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spinluck

Dude but you told me the dub's were pacing themselves and were going to blow up the Cavs on the third quarter.

Are you going to own up to the fact you have misread this?

Incredible, no recognition of the achievement of the cavs, just excuses.

MEDIOCRE!!!!

I'm not gonna lie, I too thought the Cavs would break somewhere after the half. Their defense saved them above all this game, even if some of it is on GS's terrible shooting this game.

Game 3 will be very interesting.

Why wasn't Mosgov in for such a long stretch of the 2nd half? GS could not match up to him properly.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I don't buy the "first Finals" argument. Hunger is hunger, period. If Steph's shot falls, are you making this argument? Also, remember the 2004 Pistons? They played my Lakers and they had never been there. So did the 2008 Czzz. Point is, everyone has to start somewhere. Not everyone loses before they win.

Good points, but Stephs shot not only did not fall, it airballed. He missed more 3 pointers in one game than anyone else in NBA Finals history.

That means something.

This is why I started watching soccer (EPL/MLS/La Liga/CL). I reached my breaking point watching the constant Lebron nob-slobbering. If there's any justice, GS will come back and win this series, but it looks like it's all downhill from here and I'm going to have to hear constant Jordan/Lebron comparisons from people who never actually watched Jordan play. It wasn't that long ago...

The East is so pathetically weak it's embarrassing. The Cavs basically had a red carpet to the finals. Meanwhile, GS seems to have peaked in the Western Conference finals and just don't have as much in the tank. The whole thing is rigged.

Once Lebron takes his chia-pet spray-on hair to the western conference, then I'll have more respect for him.

Well, obviously. I mean, look:

What? Are you confusing my post with someone else's, because at no point did I say GS was purposely pacing themselves for anything. The only thing I posted was that during the season GS usually has their strongest play in the 3rd during games. Obviously, it's not absolute, just a reference. But apparently, you need to shape a narrative for some reason. Are you that insecure in your fandom?

Nah, it was yours. Now it wasn't related to the game? Then why even mention it at all?

That makes total sense.

sans_pants

avec_pénis
47m03F2.jpg

Bread

Banned
Anyone try watching the game on the ESPN app and get a ridiculous amount of ads at the end? It went from the 4 minute mark of the 4th quarter, went to ads, then abruptly cut back into the game with like a minute left just as it was about to go back to timeout, and then plays ads all the way up to the 3 minute mark of OT. It seemed to playing 3-4 minutes of ads regardless of low long the TV timeout were. Just awful.
i had this same fucking problem, fuck espn and fuck their shitty app.

i missed the first 3 minutes of OT because of that.

jman2050

This Golden State squad is better than any team Jordan beat in the playoffs, real talk.

Hell, let's go one better, how many of his 6 titles does Jordan still win if Scottie Pippen had been injured and out for the playoffs for them?

SlickVic

ESPN App is downright awful. I use it as an absolute last resort.

Yeah I was trying to watch the game on a bigger screen downstairs in my house that doesn't get antenna access, but that went terribly at the end. Just will stick to the ABC broadcast from now on. Funny thing is it wasn't bad to this level in the prior games I streamed through it.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Nah, it was yours. Now it wasn't related to the game? Then why even mention it at all?

That makes total sense.

lol, of course it was related to the game. It was an observation on past performance and wondering if it would apply to the game or not.

Why should anyone speculate at all if it's not 100% certain? Is that what you're asking for? I really don't understand why you're so hung up on my post. I'm not even a GSW fan, lol.

Have you looked at the schedule? There's plenty of days off to reload, these teams aren't playing back to backs.

2 OT games already. Warriors will eventually wear any team down with their depth, now factor in that the Cavs basically play 6 guys for heavy minutes and it seems pretty unsustainable. Glad you're around this time too.

rambis

Banned
How in the fuck is winning A series for Cleveland vs. winning 2 separate 3Peats equal?

This thread is full of people that only saw Jordan on YT, confirmed.
Lol winning a series? You kidding me right now?

This warriors team was supposedly all time great by alot of metrics coming into this series. If CLE wins while missing three starters then that is an legendary accomplishment.

Not sure if it matches 2 three peats but there's no need to be reductionist.

Older than you if that's all you got.

What are my winning lottery numbers?

The most hilarious thing is, in your old age, you are actually fooled by the LeBron narrative. They told you he is the best so you believe it. If he wins, awesome. It will be a great feat for him.

However, winning 6 championships in 8 years (2 of which you were away playing baseball) is prolly the most modern day domination I have seen from a single NBA player in...my lifetime. Winning 2 separate 3peats is some shit we may never see again.

Promoting LeBron to equal footing with that for winning a single series (all while losing 2 series where he was the favorite) is hard to understand. "The Equal King" got Dirk'd and Kawhi'd.

The signs point to yes? To me, it looks like they can't keep it up considering how short their bench is. Not like GSW is playing soft defense either.

Their bench has been short all season, they have proven they can play hard defense for regulation. OT may be stretching it but seriously what evidence are you presenting that?

Good points, but Stephs shot not only did not fall, it airballed. He missed more 3 pointers in one game than anyone else in NBA Finals history.

That means something.

It happens. It's a game. Potentially 5 more to play. If the Cavs beat the Warriors 3 more times, it will totally matter. If not, what can you do? Steph doesn't have "Chosen 1" tatted on his back and no one is comparing him to MJ. It isn't quite the same.

The funniest part of the game (and this is a high bar) was when everyone on the Cavs was going crazy at the buzzer, minus JR Smith, whose celebration was less in the vein of joy and more of concentrated relief.

It's not just a question about Cavs sustaining that great defense, it's a problem with pace - they have controlled the pace and played at their speed for most of both games. That has to change or expect every game to be ugly and go down to the wire - that favors Cleveland.

Their bench has been short all season, they have proven they can play hard defense for regulation. OT may be stretching it but seriously what evidence are you presenting that?

Neither side has evidence unless you're from a future in which this series went 6 or 7 games. I just see the numbers that were logged, the lack of depth, and the look of some of the players near the middle of the 4th quarter. Are we forgetting Lebron has a history of cramping and yet he's playing basically every minute of the game. Just looks that way to me, but you can disagree.

watershed

Banned
The Warriors deserve this loss. Just yesterday the entire team was talking about how they can't let up or take it easy and what do they come out and do? Garbage performance.

Feep

Banned
The East is so pathetically weak it's embarrassing. The Cavs basically had a red carpet to the finals. Meanwhile, GS seems to have peaked in the Western Conference finals and just don't have as much in the tank. The whole thing is rigged.

Once Lebron takes his chia-pet spray-on hair to the western conference, then I'll have more respect for him.
Yes, there was definitely a concerted effort and conspiracy on the NBA's part to make the Western Conference stronger than the Eastern Conference. They also forced Lebron James to be born in Akron. Brilliant move.

Mxrz

This Golden State squad is better than any team Jordan beat in the playoffs, real talk.

Hell, let's go one better, how many of his 6 titles does Jordan still win if Scottie Pippen had been injured and out for the playoffs for them?

Eh. I'd take those Jazz over this GS, but never been on the metric hype. I still think injuries and things played havoc with the West, and helped GS (and the Rockets) a fair bit.

2 OT games already. Warriors will eventually wear any team down with their depth, now factor in that the Cavs basically play 6 guys for heavy minutes and it seems pretty unsustainable. Glad you're around this time too.

Time will tell whose right on that. I was around last time too and congratulated the dubs on the win but needed to sleep asap as I work early in the morning.

All I see now is excuses, will it kill you to give the Cavs their dues?

Hahahaha. Truth.

Last great series we had was 2010.

13' Heat/Spurs was the highest quality Finals since 97' Bulls/Jazz.

11' Mavs/Heat was incredibly satisfying for Dirk fans, Games 4-5 of that series were great games.

10' Celtics/Lakers went 7 but had no classic games.
Even 08' Celtics/Lakers had no classic games.
Shame considering how great the matchups were in that series that we didn't get one classic game.

What are my winning lottery numbers?

The most hilarious thing is, in your old age, you are actually fooled by the LeBron narrative. They told you he is the best so you believe it. If he wins, awesome. It will be a great feat for him.

However, winning 6 championships in 8 years (2 of which you were away playing baseball) is prolly the most modern day domination I have seen from a single NBA player in...my lifetime. Winning 2 separate 3peats is some shit we may never see again.

Promoting LeBron to equal footing with that for winning a single series (all while losing 2 series where he was the favorite) is hard to understand. "The Equal King" got Dirk'd and Kawhi'd.

I always consider Jordan to be the GOAT, but this Warriors team has stats that far surpasses any team Jordan has played against in the Finals.

Plus LeBron has three teammates injured. No way Jordan takes a game or wins a series with Pippen sitting out against Magic's Lakers, Clyde's Trailblazers, Barkley's Suns, Payton's Sonics, or Malone/Stockton's Jazz.

No one can ever take away MJ's two-3peats, but if LeBron pulls out this series, that is legendary imo.

Time will tell whose right on that. I was around last time too and congratulated the dubs on the win but needed to sleep asap as I work early in the morning.

All I see now is excuses, will it kill you to give the Cavs their dues?

Dues have already been given out but the Warriors deserve criticism for playing so poorly as well.

STAHP

1992 Trailblazers
1994 Suns
1997 Utar Jazz

All better, especially that 1992 Blazer squad. They were fucking stacked.
Porter
Drexler
Kersey
Williams
Duckworth

And Cliff Robinson off the bench? Please, mang.

Neither side has evidence unless you're from a future in which this series went 6 or 7 games. I just see the numbers that were logged, the lack of depth, and the look of some of the players near the middle of the 4th quarter. Are we forgetting Lebron has a history of cramping and yet he's playing basically every minute of the game. Just looks that way to me, but you can disagree.

Neither side has evidence of what? I'm not saying anything about GS, I'm speaking purely about the Cavs defense you referenced. They've been playing shorthanded most of the season and their bench has been short the entire regular and post season in terms of quality and quantity. They haven't shown to have "tired out" except in OT which is my evidence.

They were playing hard on D in the 4th and OT, Delly even forced Curry into an air ball with some very aggressive defense the whole period. Plus, like someone else said they have 2 days rest.

6/24 in clincher v Celtics.

Gasol carried his ass.

Yes thank god Pau carried him by shooting 6 for 16 and 7/13 from the line.

13' Heat/Spurs was the highest quality Finals since 97' Bulls/Jazz.

11' Mavs/Heat was incredibly satisfying for Dirk fans, Games 4-5 of that series were great games.

10' Celtics/Lakers went 7 but had no classic games.
Even 08' Celtics/Lakers had no classic games.
Shame considering how great the matchups were in that series that we didn't get one classic game.

I thought Boston's 20 point comeback was pretty memorable.

I always consider Jordan to be the GOAT, but this Warriors team has stats that far surpasses any team Jordan has played against in the Finals.

Plus LeBron has three teammates injured. No way Jordan takes a game or wins a series with Pippen sitting out against Magic's Lakers, Clyde's Trailblazers, Barkley's Suns, Payton's Sonics, or Malone/Stockton's Jazz.

No one can ever take away MJ's two-3peats, but if LeBron pulls out this series, that is legendary imo.

Explain LeBron getting Dirk'd and Kawhi'd. There was no excuse (especially in 2011) if you are the best player in the world...AND you get closed out IN MIAMI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom