• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NBA Finals |OT| the deli is closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

jman2050

STAHP

1992 Trailblazers
1994 Suns
1997 Utar Jazz

All better, especially that 1992 Blazer squad. They were fucking stacked.
Porter
Drexler
Kersey
Williams
Duckworth

And Cliff Robinson off the bench? Please, mang.

The Jazz I can maybe compromise on. Those Jazz teams were some good shit and Jordan beating them twice is in itself a huge accomplishment.

Not buying the Blazers or Suns though. Nothing against them, but Golden State is really really damn good.

Neither side has evidence of what? I'm not saying anything about GS, I'm speaking purely about the Cavs defense you referenced. They've been playing shorthanded most of the season and their bench has been short the entire regular and post season in terms of quality and quantity. They haven't shown to have "tired out" except in OT which is my evidence.

They were playing hard on D in the 4th and OT, Delly even forced Curry into an air ball with some very aggressive defense the whole period. Plus, like someone else said they have 2 days rest.

They don't have 2 days rest for the next game. It's on Tuesday. Del could barely make it up the court at one point. My questions is what happens in game 3, then 4, 5, or even 6 and possibly 7?

Cavs have to take both games at home because losing even one would be disastrous as Memphis learned. Warriors are too good at home.

Dues have already been given out but the Warriors deserve criticism for playing so poorly as well.

If you have then all cool BBB.

But I think the fact the dubs have played 2 off games has something to do with the Cavs.

I said Blatt was going to make adjustments and he did, I do see him as a smart dude and was ridiculed by that, but he did some interesting things on defense and got more player movement on offense. I do disagree with him on playing thompson over mozz in the 2nd half though.

rambis

Banned
Explain LeBron getting Dirk'd and Kawhi'd. There was no excuse (especially in 2011) if you are the best player in the world...AND you get closed out IN MIAMI.
You seem to be trying to change the subject. Lebron has failed before but that has no meaning here when it comes to beating this team in front of him today.

Explain LeBron getting Dirk'd and Kawhi'd. There was no excuse (especially in 2011) if you are the best player in the world...AND you get closed out IN MIAMI.

You're right there is no excuse for what happened in the past but he can definitely make it up if he pulls off the upset.

LeBron is the best player in the world, he's just not an iso king like Jordan.

They don't have 2 days rest for the next game. It's on Tuesday. Del could barely make it up the court at one point. My questions is what happens in game 3, then 4, 5, or even 6 and possibly 7?

Cavs have to take both games at home because losing even one would be disastrous as Memphis learned. Warriors are too good at home.

They take both at home, you guys get closed out in 6.

If you have then all cool BBB.

But I think the fact the dubs have played 2 off games has something to do with the Cavs.

I said Blatt was going to make adjustments and he did, I do see him as a smart dude and was ridiculed by that, but he did some interesting things on defense and got more player movement on offense. I do disagree with him on playing thompson over mozz in the 2nd half though.

Kerr is the one that needs to make adjustments now though. Warriors have shown that if their backs are against the wall at any point, they respond. Until they lose a must win game like game 4 if they're down 2-1 then I'm not concerned.

This Golden State squad is better than any team Jordan beat in the playoffs, real talk.

Hell, let's go one better, how many of his 6 titles does Jordan still win if Scottie Pippen had been injured and out for the playoffs for them?

Pump the brakes on this Golden State is a top 10 all time team.
Not their fault but they didn't have to play the Clippers who no doubt would've given them a legit test.
And they're struggling with the Cavs who are missing Love and Kyrie.

93' Suns with Barkley, KJ, Cedric Ceballos, Majerle, Tom Chambers, Danny Ainge, OLIVER MILLER was one of the best teams to not win a title.
If you gave the 93' Suns modern training, scouting, let them play a full season, they could give Golden State a run for their money easily in my book.
91' Pistons were tough as nails (sans the poor walking off the court business).
92' Blazers were an outstanding team as well.
93' Knicks with the way the refs called the game tonight would've beaten the Warriors up.

I love the way this Golden State team plays but I think it's foolish to put them in such high esteem, they need to earn their place like everyone else.

There are two days between 3 and 4. NBA players are used to playing these schedules, Delly and the rest will be fine on D, as once again they've shown in the regular and post season. Besides the "they looked tired" observation I still haven't seen the game evidence that they'll break down in regulation.

Warriors too good at home? Looked extremely average in 1 and 2 seeing as only Lebron has shown in on offensive for both games for the Cavs.

You seem to be trying to change the subject. Lebron has failed before but that has no meaning here when it comes to beating this team in front of him today.

It has everything to do with equating this accomplishment (should he pull it off) with Jordan. Full body of work. I'm not cherry picking a series to hoist a flag on. Once he got to the Finals, Jordan never got "'d" by anyone...in 6 tries. That matters.

You're right there is no excuse for what happened in the past but he can definitely make it up if he pulls off the upset.

LeBron is the best player in the world, he's just not an iso king like Jordan.

Like I said to the cat above you, full body of work. Winning with Cleveland isn't some make up exam. I'm looking at it all.

There are two days between 3 and 4. NBA players are used to playing these schedules, Delly and the rest will be fine on D, as once again they've shown in the regular and post season. Besides the "they looked tired" observation I still haven't seen the game evidence that they'll break down in regulation.

Warriors too good at home? Looked extremely average in 1 and 2 seeing as only Lebron has shown in on offensive for both games for the Cavs.

Post season? They had 2 sweeps, against the Celtics and the broken Hawks. Regular season means nothing to me since it's an entirely different beast. Has there been any point in the postseason where they were this depleted? Against a team that will demand this kind of effort? For possibly 5 more games with AT MOST an extra day between 2 of the games? After going to OT 2 times already?

Yes thank god Pau carried him by shooting 6 for 16 and 7/13 from the line.

I thought Boston's 20 point comeback was pretty memorable.

That's the most memorable game for sure but it was more the middle of that game that stood out, it didn't have any kind of buzzer beater or OT.

BadAss2961

GS should still win this series in no more than 6 games, but the struggle is real. They haven't shown that they can run this Cavs team out the gym like they were supposed to.

Steph, I am disappoint.

GS should still win this series in no more than 6 games, but the struggle is real. They haven't shown that they can run this Cavs team out the gym like they were supposed to.

Steph, I am disappoint.

Bench should be doing better too considering how depleted the Cavs are. Disappoint there as well.

Steph, I am disappoint.

People laugh at the East but it's not easy to play against the best teams of it stylistically.

It has everything to do with equating this accomplishment (should he pull it off) with Jordan. Full body of work. I'm not cherry picking a series to hoist a flag on. Once he got to the Finals, Jordan never got "'d" by anyone...in 6 tries. That matters.

Like I said to the cat above you, full body of work. Winning with Cleveland isn't some make up exam. I'm looking at it all.
I don't think anyone else is comparing whole careers. In terms of a one-series performance thought this would be special.

I can summarize it

JR SHIT
FUCKBALL
LOL SPEIGHTS
DELLY DA GOD
Lebron did ok.
Lebron did amazing
No, Lebron only did ok, shut up

Guest starring about 20 posts of "But can Cleveland keep up the level of defense they've been playing at for two solid months, guys? I just don't know." from a very, very usual suspect.

Post season? They had 2 sweeps, against the Celtics and the broken Hawks. Regular season means nothing to me since it's an entirely different beast. Has there been any point in the postseason where they were this depleted? Against a team that will demand this kind of effort? For possibly 5 more games with AT MOST an extra day between 2 of the games? After going to OT 2 times already?

You've already mentioned games 4 and 5 as games they'll break down in. A sweep includes game 4. Besides they played a slogging series with the bulls and did not look depleted on D at all. Regular season has back to backs which is a significant grind. So once again you haven't shown any evidence beyond the eye test to show they'll part the red seas for GS on D.

If you are going to rely on Cavs getting tired on D for the Warriors to win this is going to be a hilarious series. Anyways it's time for sleep, I'm sure I'll wake up to another post.

Guest starring about 20 posts of "But can Cleveland keep up the level of defense they've been playing at for two solid months, guys? I just don't know." from a very, very usual suspect.

Sweeps don't count as postseason okay?

You've already mentioned games 4 and 5 as games they'll break down in. A sweep includes game 4. Regular season has back to backs which is even more a grind. So once again you haven't shown any evidence beyond the eye test to show they'll part the red seas for GS on D.

If you are going to rely on Cavs getting tired on D for the Warriors to win this is going to be a hilarious series.

Not really, just seems like you guys are harping on a comment I made about sustainability with nothing other than yes answers based on series sweeps against the Hawks and Celtics. I would love to see Lebron log these kinds of minutes for many more games and see just how good this first team all defense Del is against Curry for more games.

Unless you think the GSW coaching staff is just stupid like me for basically reiterating the same thing. One of their many strategies is to play and wear guys down for the entire series.

kaiju

47m03F2.jpg

This motherfucker. Gotta give him props though. He was a huge part of Curry's poor performance tonight.

BadAss2961

I don't think anyone else is comparing whole careers. In terms of a one-series performance thought this would be special.
Eh, GS hits a couple shots down the stretch and we're talking about how LeBron choked another one in the clutch. How he went from frontrunning up by double digits to clumsily losing his dribble and later getting stuffed like a sucker by Draymond Green.

Shit, why even give guys the summer off? They get plenty of days rest in between games and we got all these injuries happening. They're fresh as daisies I tell you!

Nothing LeBron does from now on will put him in that same sentence.

Jordan is the only cat I ever saw put the game in a chokehold for damn near a decade...while my team was in the wilderness, regrouping after Showtime. :(

As great as he was, Magic never won 3 straight. My favorite Laker (besides Cedric) Big Game only won 3 total.

Jordan ran the 90s. Which era can we say LeBron has run? We are half way through the 10s and the oughts were run by Shaq, Kobe and Timmy.

when lebron dominates a game then makes a couple bad plays in the last few minutes = choke

when steph shits the bed an entire game = cavs are lucky steph was off!
Welcome to aN GAF NBA discussion. It's why I'm barely around. The gratuitous intellectual dishonesty, relativism, and hate against anything LeBron is too much to handle in anything but the smallest doses.

Down 2 of 3 all-stars, playing on nothing but grit, nerve and sinew, we beat the anointed Warriors on their home floor. Instead of praise or at least a fair showing of respect, we get this. Excuses, salt.

As Batman said to Supes in the BvS trailer, "Can you bleed? You will."

Champagne

Banned
because of one bad game?

I think the guy he's playing against holds that honor
you're delusional if you think he hasn't played like absolute garbage these 2 games

almost don't even remember him touching the ball in game 1, andre is the reason the dubs won that game

Tapiozona

Banned
Most impressive part of that win is that the Cavs overcame not only GS but the refs. I have no horse in this race but holy crap did the ref's do everything in their power to give that game to GS. I can't even understand how the refs could miss these calls. Just focus on the guy who has the ball for 2/3rds of the game. Green and Thompson should have had double the fouls they were actually called for.

I was hoping GS would win for no reason other than its GS but after watching the fix I think I'll switch my allegiance to the underdog.

you're delusional if you think he hasn't played like absolute garbage these 2 games

almost don't even remember him touching the ball in game 1, andre is the reason the dubs won that game

He did alright. 50% shooting and 20 something points in the first game.

Most impressive part of that win is that the Cavs overcame not only GS but the refs. I have no horse in this race but holy crap did the ref's do everything in their power to give that game to GS. I can't even understand how the refs could miss these calls. Just focus on the guy who has the ball for 2/3rds of the game. Green and Thompson should have had double the fouls they were actually called for.

Mozgov got plenty of weak calls and that infamous Lebron foul was a travel beforehand. Let's be real here.

Welcome to aN GAF NBA discussion. It's why I'm barely around. The gratuitous intellectual dishonesty, relativism, and hate against anything LeBron is too much to handle in anything but the smallest doses.

Down 2 of 3 all-stars, playing on nothing but grit, nerve and sinew, we beat the anointed Warriors on their home floor.

As Batman said to Supes in the BvS trailer, "Can you bleed? You will."

Oh hush. You were the one posting hyperbole about the Warriors getting "ass stomped in Games 1 and 2". No matter how you dice it, that didn't happen. No one got "ass stomped" on either team.

Wow this is the Cavs first Finals victory in franchise history.
The Spurs series in '07 was our first Finals appearance and we got swept. So yea.

I was hoping GS would win for no reason other than its GS but after watching the fix I think I'll switch my allegiance to the underdog.
Word. They won't miss those calls. The refs will review the tape and have an eye out for shit being done to LBj, I hope. They really struggled tonight. Maybe it was the volume levels, but my head was in my hands way too often from missed calls.

That said, LBJ has to shoot better and so does everyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom