• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NBA Finals |OT| the deli is closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
The Jazz I can maybe compromise on. Those Jazz teams were some good shit and Jordan beating them twice is in itself a huge accomplishment.

Not buying the Blazers or Suns though. Nothing against them, but Golden State is really really damn good.

That Blazer team was stacked. Better than this Warriors team for sure.

That was pretty much peak for all 5 guys.. and Uncle Cliffy was an incredible 6th man. They were big, strong, fast, and could score and rebound and play defense.

Most impressive part of that win is that the Cavs overcame not only GS but the refs. I have no horse in this race but holy crap did the ref's do everything in their power to give that game to GS. I can't even understand how the refs could miss these calls. Just focus on the guy who has the ball for 2/3rds of the game. Green and Thompson should have had double the fouls they were actually called for.

I was hoping GS would win for no reason other than its GS but after watching the fix I think I'll switch my allegiance to the underdog.

The refs were disgusting today and favored the dubs. They were allowing them a bunch of holding in the paint in first half as well. They made mistakes in favor of the cavs but it was in no way balanced.

The refs were disgusting today and favored the dubs. They were allowing them a bunch of holding in the paint in first half as well. They made mistakes in favor of the cavs but it was in no way balanced.

What if I told you the Cavs shot nearly double as many FT as the Warriors on the road? 40 to 25.

Jordan is the only cat I ever saw put the game in a chokehold for damn near a decade...while my team was in the wilderness, regrouping after Showtime. :(

As great as he was, Magic never won 3 straight. My favorite Laker (besides Cedric) Big Game only won 3 total.

Jordan ran the 90s. Which era can we say LeBron has run? We are half way through the 10s and the oughts were run by Shaq, Kobe and Timmy.

Man it was so weird watching Magic as a kid, I actually lived in L.A during that time before moving to TX so I was a huge Lakers fan. To me Magic was so much more fun to watch than Jordan.

I still can't describe watching someone play at the level he did and then he's just gone all of a sudden. I remember asking my brother why he wasn't playing anymore (I was like 6 or 7) and he told me he had HIV and I had no idea what that was.

rambis

Banned
Welcome to aN GAF NBA discussion. It's why I'm barely around. The gratuitous intellectual dishonesty, relativism, and hate against anything LeBron is too much to handle in anything but the smallest doses.

Down 2 of 3 all-stars, playing on nothing but grit, nerve and sinew, we beat the anointed Warriors on their home floor. Instead of praise or at least a fair showing of respect, we get this. Excuses, salt.

As Batman said to Supes in the BvS trailer, "Can you bleed? You will."

I've been serving a ban but it's crazy how much of the narrative have shifted this fast. Is it coincidence that the first time we are hearing about the Ws being mortal or not as good as their numbers indicate is now that Lebron looks like he has a legit shot at them? Is it really already time to downplay how good the warriors have been this year?

LeBron will never be placed above or directly next to Jordan, in my opinion. But if he wins this series and then it turns into a miniature dynasty moving forward,it will be:

Jordan
James
Everyone else.

They'll both be on an island together.

Champagne

Banned
Then I'd tell you those were good calls. Because they were.
people don't seem to understand that when your two main stars are pussy prep boy trust fund babies klay thompson and steph curry your team is not going to be leading the league in free throw attempts

Props to Matthew Dellavedova he has made an impact on these playoffs to say the least. It has gotten to the point where I can correctly spell his last name. I always messed it up before and didn't bother.

CG8yuOWUkAA9UM9.jpg

Then I'd tell you those were good calls. Because they were.

So there were no bad calls on the other side at all then? Lebron using his off arm to push guys away? I saw Klay get smacked right in the face when he went up for a layup against Shumpert. What about all the easy stuff Mozgov got in the first half?

Tapiozona

Banned
What if I told you the Cavs shot nearly double as many FT as the Warriors on the road? 40 to 25.

What if I told you that you're horribly biased (avatar) and unable to see any impartial viewpoint which goes against your beloved warriors? They should have taken 65 freethrows if you ask me.

Man it was so weird watching Magic as a kid, I actually lived in L.A during that time before moving to TX so I was a huge Lakers fan. To me Magic was so much more fun to watch than Jordan.

I still can't describe watching someone play at the level he did and then he's just gone all of a sudden. I remember asking my brother why he wasn't playing anymore (I was like 6 or 7) and he told me he had HIV and I had no idea what that was.

I can admit in now. I cried a few times when I was a kid with sports. David Rivers getting blocked on the desperation 3 as we got swept in 1989 after Magic and Scott got hurt (cause fucking Riles drove them too hard) when we lost in 5 vs. the Bulls and when Magic announced he was HIV positive. I thought he was a dead man walking. I have no issue admitting that shit broke me.

demolitio

What if I told you one team settled for threes and jumpers a lot more than the other team that was driving and posting up more...You can also take away 4 of those FT's from intentionally fouling Thompson of course...

But sure, let's go by FT attempts since that always works...

There were bad calls on both sides of course, but a lot of crucial ones against the Cavs too.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.

Do you really expect the Warriors to shoot more FTs, when Curry and Klay combine for 6-27 from 3? Clearly, they weren't aggressive and were settling for 3's all fucking night.

Champagne

Banned
What if I told you that you're horribly biased (avatar) and unable to see any impartial viewpoint which goes against your beloved warriors? They should have taken 65 freethrows if you ask me.
he's not a warriors fan

more of a "I like the team that doesn't have lebron james" sorta guy

The Spurs series in '07 was our first Finals appearance and we got swept. So yea.

I don't know why the Cavs get so much shit for getting decimated that series.

That Spurs team had Duncan, Ginobili and Parker in their absolute prime...... Timmy and Parker were averaging 20pts a night on 50%FGA......

jman2050

There's gotta be more to this conversation than either "The Cavs and Lebron are just gonna keel over and die" and "Cavs got the Dubs figured out, PLAN THE PARADE"

We just got two very highly contested games between two teams trying to put everything on the table to get those Ws. A play here or there and this could have easily been 2-0 Cleveland or 2-0 Golden State. Either of those results doesn't really change how both teams have played and that information is valuable for trying to figure out what happens from here. Cleveland could have put a stranglehold on a series they were major underdogs in but didn't. Golden State could have taken cared of business despite playing far below their expectations, but they didn't. Instead it's 1-1, best of 5 from here on out, both teams trying to prepare for the other and adjust. I wouldn't be surprised if Cleveland put up a great effort the rest of the series (I'd be surprised if they won but hell, stranger things have happened) and neither would I be surprised if they pulled a 2014 Heat and just fell apart completely.

I think I get it now. Cavs got all kinds of garbage calls but when Lebron tried to win the game and traveled once, then used his off arm to create his space on the other...the refs decided to let both go and ESPN decided to highlight it 5 times to show just how grievous it all was.

wmlk

So there were no bad calls on the other side at all then? Lebron using his off arm to push guys away? I saw Klay get smacked right in the face when he went up for a layup against Shumpert. What about all the easy stuff Mozgov got in the first half?

There were bad calls on both sides, but definitely more against the Cavs this game.

LeBron and Mozgov are primarily paint players.

I thought last game the calls favoured the Warriors more, so I guess this is a homecourt thing.

There's gotta be more to this conversation than either "The Cavs and Lebron are just gonna keel over and die" and "Cavs got the Dubs figured out, PLAN THE PARADE"

We just got two very highly contested games between two teams trying to put everything on the table to get those Ws. A play here or there and this could have easily been 2-0 Cleveland or 2-0 Golden State. Either of those results doesn't really change how both teams have played and that information is valuable for trying to figure out what happens from here. Cleveland could have put a stranglehold on a series they were major underdogs in but didn't. Golden State could have taken cared of business despite playing far below their expectations, but they didn't. Instead it's 1-1, best of 5 from here on out, both teams trying to prepare for the other and adjust. I wouldn't be surprised if Cleveland put up a great effort the rest of the series (I'd be surprised if they won but hell, stranger things have happened) and neither would I be surprised if they pulled a 2014 Heat and just fell apart completely.

I just want 7 games, man. We have nothing after that except the fuckery of the draft. Why do I have to care about the draft like the other serfdom teams? :(

he's the gaf equivalent of colin cowherd

pound for pound

You gotta be kidding me. Aren't you same the guy whose posts are all expletives against the Warriors and a bunch of steph is a trust fund baby talk or whatever else you come up with?

That explains it. Crazy how much passion he puts into his James hate..made this thread annoying to read.

Explains what? You're gonna listen to the same guy whose posts are basically essay long tirades against the warriors?

Krejlooc

Banned
You know, I'm no lebron james fan, but his current haircut is sick as hell. If I were him, I'd turn that into a high top fade and rock the king of all hair styles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom