• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NBA Finals |OT| the deli is closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Steph Curry when guarded by Matthew Dellavedova in Game 2:

• 0 Pts
• 0-for-8 from the floor
• 0-for-5 from 3-Pt range
• 4 turnovers

Curry needs to step- he's the MVP.
I want to know why he's the MVP ( as in play like one)

He's delaying his shoots as in not shooting right away when he has a chance and then tries to crack his opponent and forcing up a bad shot iinstead of just passing . Either shoot when you are passed the ball or just drive as hit a 2-pointer.

Much respect to Lebron.

Either Curry is getting exposed or he's having a terrible series. I can't imagine he would continue to play like hot garbage and that his touch will return but, boy, he's picked a bad time to go ice cold.

aSDsFHj.gif

loool

I'm Howling right now! This reminds me of that Key and Peele Obama Sketch.

Amentallica

Unconfirmed Member
I hope the coaching staff benches Bogut's ass. I can't stand him. He's not even good to take it to basket when he's UNDERNEATH the rim. I think I saw a few moments like that last night, where instead of putting it in right above his head with no Cavs defenders around him, he passed it to his teammates who were being heavily guarded. Fuck.

LOL.

Game 3 at CLE.

I wonder how many fans still have the charred remains of their burned jerseys of LBJ.

they already bought new ones. I heard the "watch party" at The Q was packed. I think the fans at the Q will match Oracle's volume level.

Windhorst recently said Delly isn't even good enough to deserve a spot on the team.

it's difficult to justify having players on a team that offer little to no offensive contribution unless they're bigs or...Rajan Rondo I guess. he's earned a lot of respect from a lot of us including myself who really wanted him off the team. We still need a better backup PG, but Dellavadova has been good defensively, needless to say. But that doesn't mean he should be our #2 PG option.

Dellavedova shut Curry down. I'm expecting double and triple screens for Curry next game when Delly's on him.

Still not convinced. Curry had a terrible game. Kinda wishing Curry keeps having terrible games so the games can remain close. Curry had a garbage game and it went in to overtime. He has a decent game and it will be a blowout.

The Cavs roster is sadness. Playing JR Smith is worse than just having 4 players on the court.

The fluke excuses are in for the dubs. So predictable.

Your team doesn't play with the attitude they should in the NBA finals.

Look at Curry in the podium saying that they are supposed to win cause they are home, that entitlement and messing around all game can be your undoing.

spyder_ur

There's gotta be more to this conversation than either "The Cavs and Lebron are just gonna keel over and die" and "Cavs got the Dubs figured out, PLAN THE PARADE"

We just got two very highly contested games between two teams trying to put everything on the table to get those Ws. A play here or there and this could have easily been 2-0 Cleveland or 2-0 Golden State. Either of those results doesn't really change how both teams have played and that information is valuable for trying to figure out what happens from here. Cleveland could have put a stranglehold on a series they were major underdogs in but didn't. Golden State could have taken cared of business despite playing far below their expectations, but they didn't. Instead it's 1-1, best of 5 from here on out, both teams trying to prepare for the other and adjust. I wouldn't be surprised if Cleveland put up a great effort the rest of the series (I'd be surprised if they won but hell, stranger things have happened) and neither would I be surprised if they pulled a 2014 Heat and just fell apart completely.

You're right, there is more but quite frankly you're unlikely to find it here.

I will say that, while it mostly went unnoticed here, both coaches made really interesting coaching moves that paid off in different ways.

First, the Cavs really took advantage of Curry defensively. They did this by using his man as the screen setter, making Curry the help defender, and Curry blew a couple helps, particularly on the Delly and LeBron 3s in the 4th. I don't have the stats, but I would guess that Curry doesn't get thrown into screens that much as the help defender, and it shows. It also might have had an impact on Curry offensively. Also, using a small/small ball screen allowed LeBron to get some mismatches, momentum, and spacing, which was the only way it was happening. Either way, great scheming by Blatt.

Both teams went small at the end most of the time if memory serves, with Barnes/Green and LeBron/Thompson the 'bigs' for each side. The Cavs basically have no choice. They have to get another shooter on the floor to get any spacing at all. The idea was that Love would be that big who could stretch the floor. The Dubs matching it was more interesting to me. I'm guessing the idea was to spread the floor themselves and to be more switchable on LeBron ball screens defensively. That kind of worked, and the smaller lineup didn't kill them on rebounding or hoops in the paint.

Warriors made a small tweak with big dividends late when they started running their ball screens a little further away from the basket. It got an extra defender extended and Klay and Curry got clear runs to the hoops because of the GS shooters.

I don't know if the Cavs can keep this up for 4 wins, but it's impressive to watch. It'll be interesting to see what tweaks Kerr and Blatt make for game 3. Kerr has the better tools in his shed, but Blatt has Thor's Hammer.

The fluke excuses are in for the dubs. So predictable.

Your team doesn't play with the attitude they should in the NBA finals.

Look at Curry in the podium saying that they are supposed to win cause they are home, that entitlement and messing around all game can be your undoing.
Isn't that a common belief, and why everyone wants home court advantage?

Everyone is, on both sides. Everyone is going on about how bad GS shoots, or how bad Cleveland including Lebron shoots, but no one seems to want to admit that perhaps, these playoff teams watch tape and actually defend well.

Well no, he can't. GS is by far the better team. They are the better team overall even if the entire Cavs roster was healthy. But with Kyrie and Love and Varejao all gone, this isn't even close.

Such truth. Don't hold your breath though. Even during the years when Miami won the chip, all throughout the playoffs people were shouting that 'Leastern' conference shit, acting like once the Heat faced a "Real" team they would lose. But once they beat the best of the West? Silence.

This is a so called terrible East team that 'supposedly' is just now playing a real squad. AND these guys have 3 players injured; two of them allstars. Yet no sweep. Meh.
Not just 3 players... 3 starters. They ended up trading a 4th starter. LeBron is the only starter on the Cavs who began the season as a starter. Blatt has made some questionable game time decisions, but he's pulled a ton from this group and has them playing excellent defense.

Isn't that a common belief, and why everyone wants home court advantage?
You need to earn it. This is the finals, what's supposed to happen means squat. Just because the crowd gives you their energy doesn't mean that you get points for that, you still need to convert it into basketball plays and not mess around like amateur hour.

That sense of entitlement can be toxic. Do you think the Cavs feel they are supposed to win now that they are playing at home or that they need to earn every point regardless of venue? Do you already forgot the clippers that were supposed to win Vs the rockets? You must play to earn everything you get, it's the finals.

Did you saw the interview of Curry? Cause that's not what I'm doing.

They've only lost 4 times at home.

I get what Curry meant.

I say Golden State wins, but LeBron and the Cavs are gonna be dragged kicking and screaming into it. I figured once Kyrie was done, that was a wrap. I forgot that LeBron just gets madder every time people try to shit on him.

Golden State in..6?

spyder_ur

Still not convinced. Curry had a terrible game. Kinda wishing Curry keeps having terrible games so the games can remain close. Curry had a garbage game and it went in to overtime. He has a decent game and it will be a blowout.

The Cavs roster is sadness. Playing JR Smith is worse than just having 4 players on the court.

Curry probably won't shoot this badly again, but it's no accident. The Cavs are doing an incredible job scouting and playing disciplined defense. Almost all of those looks were tightly contested. They did a particularly good job on side screens which is a staple of the Dubs offense, and they made a calculated decision to cede driving lanes on occasion instead of risking a three point barrage.

Both teams scout, coach and play. Feels like this is forgotten sometimes.

otapnam

Curry missed a lot on good looks and the dubs had a lot of bad turnovers. The cavs had the ft advantage n also could not convert.

Game 3 is gonna be like game 1. Itll be about the adjustments

Curry probably won't shoot this badly again, but it's no accident. The Cavs are doing an incredible job scouting and playing disciplined defense. Almost all of those looks were tightly contested. They did a particularly good job on side screens which is a staple of the Dubs offense, and they made a calculated decision to cede driving lanes on occasion instead of risking a three point barrage.

Both teams scout, coach and play.

To add, even though the series is 1-1 the Cavs have controlled the pace of play. they've stifled GSWs passing game and forced them into a much more rigid half court offense than what they've done throughout the season. I know i gave GSW some shit for playing playground basketball early in the game but clearly they were trying to dictate a faster paced game, something that just didnt work out for them at all. In some ways, the injuries the Cavs have had -while easily worsening their offensive output and capabilities- has allowed their better defenders to get out there. Kyrie has never been decent defensively (though he did an ok job before his knee gave out in game 1) and Kevin Love's ability to help space out the offensive and provide something on that end is negated by his terrible ass defensive.

Basically, if they keep playing at the cavs' pace this is going to be a longer series for GSW than they would want any part of. I don't see them losing this series, i don't see curry playing like a man possessed by the ghost of John Starks for the rest of the finals, but they need to accelerate this game and just gas the shit out of the cavs because letting this shit slow down isn't going to work for them.

The Warriors need to have more of an inside game than not at all when the Cavs decide to go small.

Why isn't David Lee or Ezeli getting touches on the floor again?

Curry missed a lot on good looks and the dubs had a lot of bad turnovers. The cavs had the ft advantage n also could not convert.

Game 3 is gonna be like game 1. Itll be about the adjustments

Jump shooting teams rarely get FT advantage so don't expect that change. It can get worst if they start calling Iguodala fouls on LeBron.

Also turnovers have been a theme all season for the dubs, why is going to be fixed all of the sudden?

spyder_ur

The Warriors need to have more of an inside game than not at all when the Cavs decide to go small.

Why isn't David Lee or Ezeli getting touches on the floor again?

Because that's not the way the Warriors play and because their perimeter players are far better offensive players than their big men. Basically anytime the Warriors big men get anything resembling a post touch or have the ball in any position where it's not a layup, that's a defensive victory for the Cavs given the alternative. You saw that with Green late in the game, he even converted one but the Cavs will have to take that.

otapnam

Jump shooting teams rarely get FT advantage so don't expect that change. It can get worst if they start calling Iguodala fouls on LeBron.

Also turnovers have been a theme all season for the dubs, why is going to be fixed all of the sudden?

How about LeBron push off on Iggy on that jumpshot for the foul? It's not only happening in the paint.

The dubs turnovers have seemed worse for the stage they're at. Last night had a few godawful long passes towards the end

BadAss2961

Either Curry is getting exposed or he's having a terrible series. I can't imagine he would continue to play like hot garbage and that his touch will return but, boy, he's picked a bad time to go ice cold.
Defense is hounding him around the 3 point line. He's getting double and even triple-teamed at times. Warriors are gonna need more ball movement and penetration if they're gonna get some better looks at the 3.

otapnam

Defense is hounding him around the 3 point line. He's getting double and even triple-teamed at times. Warriors are gonna need more ball movement and penetration if they're gonna get some better looks at the 3.

I missed some of Q3 but I didn't see Livingston in as much. Thought they'd use him against delly as well

How about LeBron push off on Iggy on that jumpshot for the foul? It's not only happening in the paint.

The dubs turnovers have seemed worse for the stage they're at. Last night had a few godawful long passes towards the end

Iggy is consistently fouling by holding and hand checking LeBron. Stop talking about isolated incidents. It ain't comparable.

otapnam

Iggy is consistently fouling by holding and hand checking LeBron. Stop talking about isolated incidents. It ain't comparable.

LeBron is also trucking everyone without charge calls . they're letting them play for the most part. I'm just arguing the point that the ft discrepancy wasn't all about the paint

Because that's not the way the Warriors play and because their perimeter players are far better offensive players than their big men. Basically anytime the Warriors big men get anything resembling a post touch or have the ball in any position where it's not a layup, that's a defensive victory for the Cavs given the alternative. You saw that with Green late in the game, he even converted one but the Cavs will have to take that.

The Warriors can't always play uptempo ball. They have to have a contingency for when the 3's stopped falling down.

Spinluck

I fell asleep at some point during the 3rd quarter, which pisses me off, but I just checked the box score, and the Cav's won shooting only 32% from the field, with Lebron going 11-35(and played 50 minutes)? Crazy.

Yeah but GS was missing wide open shots.

The Cavs had to play their best game of the season to beat GS at their worst!

Their best game this season without a few key starters!

Mozgov is stepping up huge this series, either I forget last series but I swear he didn't score at all against the hawks

Warriors are just playing shook , reminds me of the OKC thunder but worse

Rebound for fuck sakes , jeez

entremet

Man, the Cavs could've been up 2-0 going into Cleveland, without 2 of the big 3. Well Kyrie played Game 1, but damn impressive.

Into

People got tired of giving LeBron MVP, so they started dishing it out to players that arent better than him, or more valuable than him, or any other metric than him.

The reaction to him carrying the Cavs and getting a triple double is "oh..meh, yeah its LeBron". Had this been any other player, the reaction would have been euphoric.

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
Is LeBron about to dad-dick the Warriors like he did to my Thunder in 2012? This is bringing up some painful repressed memories.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom