• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NBA Finals |OT| the deli is closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
They've only lost 4 times at home.

I get what Curry meant.

I say Golden State wins, but LeBron and the Cavs are gonna be dragged kicking and screaming into it. I figured once Kyrie was done, that was a wrap. I forgot that LeBron just gets madder every time people try to shit on him.

Golden State in..6?

LeBron confirmed Incredible Hulk

People got tired of giving LeBron MVP, so they started dishing it out to players that arent better than him, or more valuable than him, or any other metric than him.

The reaction to him carrying the Cavs and getting a triple double is "oh..meh, yeah its LeBron". Had this been any other player, the reaction would have been euphoric.

I agree with this. This is why I am rooting for the Cavs despite having no affiliation to either team. LBJ still amazes me a lot and he makes basketball worth watching.

Basically, if they keep playing at the cavs' pace this is going to be a longer series for GSW than they would want any part of. I don't see them losing this series, i don't see curry playing like a man possessed by the ghost of John Starks for the rest of the finals, but they need to accelerate this game and just gas the shit out of the cavs because letting this shit slow down isn't going to work for them.

This reminds me so much of the Memphis series. Of course the Griz don't have Lebron, but as a team they're better suited for this kind of game. They seemed to figure out the Dubs until GS went berserk. Against the Rockets the Warriors also damn near lost both games at home before going on the road and blowing them by 35 points.

Point is, don't write off the Warriors.

I apologize for being harsh on the Cavs last night. Congrats on the win, I am fully rooting for them now (unless Steph starts bombing threes again because nothing is more entertaining than that).

spyder_ur

The Warriors can't always play uptempo ball. They have to have a contingency for when the 3's stopped falling down.

That contingency almost certainly isn't more Festus Ezeli and David Lee though.

They need more ball movement for sure, they're getting stifled. If you notice at the end of the game they did make a small tweak. They moved their ball screens from the wing to the top of the key and also set them much further out, giving dribblers more room to operate. It led to wide open lanes for Klay and Curry.

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
Cavs are still a heavy goddamn underdog in my eyes.

I don't necessarily disagree but there's no way in hell I'm counting the Cavs out until the Warriors act like they belong. It's not a good sign when the overwhelming favorite struggles to escape their first two home games with just one victory. If we're going to chalk these two games up to the Warriors "playing like shit", I see no reason to believe that trend won't continue on the road.

pwnage2u

Banned
I think the biggest story that I took from game 2 was how horrible the nba refs are. Refs shouldn't be deciding games like what happened last night.

That game in November when they beat the Hawks 127-94 was fun. LeBron and Joe Harris both shot 80% from 3.
I was thinking more of that game against Memphis in March, but that one actually works better considering they did that with an arguably worse lineup than the current super-injured one.

spyder_ur

I think the biggest story that I took from game 2 was how horrible the nba refs are. Refs shouldn't be deciding games like what happened last night.

Which way do you think they decided it? Seeing as the Cavs won, I'm assuming you're saying they decided it for the Cavs and I honestly have no idea how you'd come to that conclusion.

The refs missed a few (mostly that should have gone against the Dubs, Iggy was basically mauling LeBron the whole 4th quarter) but you'd have to be really searching to find that they "decided it".

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
See: Tim Donaghy.

I really hope there isn't an exterior force influencing the officiating of the NBA Finals.

91099439c2qd2.gif

Fjordson

I may have really tempted fate with this damn thread title. Curry is sucking.

I apologize basketball gods =[ we'll sacrifice David Lee if it pleases you.

MIMIC

Banned
I'm just glad that my Cavs got their first Finals win. The city was so electric back 2007 but everyone pretty much knew we were gonna get swept after Game 3. So this was nice.

#progress

I may have really tempted fate with this damn thread title. Curry is sucking.

I apologize basketball gods =[ we'll sacrifice David Lee if it pleases you.

I think it's appropriate. What's a King to a Chef? His King. Chef is there to serve him food and wash his dishes.

I'm just glad that my Cavs got their first Finals win. The city was so electric back 2007 but everyone pretty much knew we were gonna get swept after Game 3. So this was nice.

#progress

Trey

I see some people have watched 2 or 3 Cavs games all year.

Who cares about a 60 percent, 120 point drubbing of some fringe playoff team in March? Game 1 saw about the best you can expect from the entire Cavs starting five. Great team defense and standout individual performances.

Best game they played all playoffs, which is what matters.

AcridMeat

Banned
First bad game is whatever - they won the series anyway. Last night was horrid but it happens to shooters every now and again. Sure it's inopportune but let's put this in to perspective: series is tied and Warriors barely lost a game in which they shot terribly as a team. They only lost back to back games once all playoffs and I think once all season. Curry is still shooting above 40 percent for the playoffs from three even with last night's masonry demonstration.

He's MVP and likely a legendary shooter, so I understand holding him to a higher standard. Which is fine - that's a fair deal. But so far these playoffs any time he or his team faced adversity they bounced back strong and dictated the series.
The problem, which is worrisome and someone brought it up last night, is that Curry didn't adjust at all. The guy beat people off the dribble and got a couple easy lay ups and didn't think to keep doing that all game, kept chucking rushed contested threes. That's what made it so hard to watch, he's capable of adjusting and being effective while cold but for some reason no one was on him to do so.
I missed some of Q3 but I didn't see Livingston in as much. Thought they'd use him against delly as well
He played, he wasn't that effective.

Calls by the refs were atrocious all game and especially down the stretch, LeBron was hacked at the end of regulation, but at the same time they were calling Iguodala for fouls when all he did was get stiff armed by LeBron. Refs have been as sloppy as these games. I wish there was another ref out there.
who wasn't the commissioner

PBY

Banned
Could be.

The game is just too fast honestly. And there's the entertainment balance of not slowing the game down with TOs and replays.

I don't understand why they built that replay center if they aren't gonna have calls made from there. The have so many goddamn screens, they should make a fast call there and be able to keep the game moving

Fjordson

I don't understand why they built that replay center if they aren't gonna have calls made from there. The have so many goddamn screens, they should make a fast call there and be able to keep the game moving
Yeah, that shit makes no sense to me. Some stuff you think should be reviewed in Secaucus doesn't get reviewed and the stuff that is reviewed takes forever. Despite the dedicated replay center with its own employees and dozens of camera angles.

Siegcram

The replay rules as a whole are a mess. NBA needs an officiating reform from the ground up, not some tacked-on bullshit that gets abandoned halfway through the season anyway.

Yeah, that shit makes no sense to me. Some stuff you think should be reviewed in Secaucus doesn't get reviewed and the stuff that is reviewed takes forever. Despite the dedicated replay center with its own employees and dozens of camera angles.

What the fuck does Steve Javie do all day in that review booth?

I don't get why it takes so goddamn long to review something as well, especially when it's clear as day in the replay, just make the fucking call and move on. Once that happens maybe teams should be allowed to request 2 reviews a quarter or something so ref mistakes don't matter as much.

I don't get why it takes so goddamn long to review something as well, especially when it's clear as day in the replay, just make the fucking call and move on. Once that happens maybe teams should be allowed to request 2 reviews a quarter or something so ref mistakes don't matter as much.

Refs aren't used to the magic of tv.

entremet

It's funny seeing the national media learn about JR streakiness.

Us long-suffering Knicks fans were waiting for him to cool down eventually or make some boneheaded plays.

That's the double-edged genius and folly of JR lol.

It's funny seeing the national media learn about JR streakiness.

Us long-suffering Knicks fans were waiting for him to cool down eventually or make some boneheaded plays.

That's the double-edged genius and folly of JR lol.

giphy.gif

J.R. Smith is one of the more enigmatic players in the NBA.

The biggest concern for Cavs is overplaying Lebron. Sure he's doing it voluntarily, but the more tired you are the more easy it is to slip up and injure yourself.

And really, without Lebron, the current Cavs team is equivalent to a *slightly* better Raptors team. If they win Game 3, then Game 4 ought to be a bit less LBJ and more on what they can do with what they have.

zychi

Banned
The biggest concern for Cavs is overplaying Lebron. Sure he's doing it voluntarily, but the more tired you are the more easy it is to slip up and injure yourself.

And really, without Lebron, the current Cavs team is equivalent to a *slightly* better Raptors team. If they win Game 3, then Game 4 ought to be a bit less LBJ and more on what they can do with what they have.

He played basketball for 2 years straght with FIBA and the Olympics. He'll be fine. He may pull his acting out and pretend he's cramping or sore, but he'll be fine. The real question is who will step up in the next game? JR Smith+Mosgov arent going to make 30 points combined a game again.

No way man he can play 50 minutes a game no problem according to some here.

Joei

It's the finals. You can't worry about that. You manage that during the season and build him up for this. If he plays 45 minutes a game cause that's needed, so be it. Had these games happened during the regular season, Cavs would have lost cause Lebron, as well as pretty much everyone that started, wouldn't have played those minutes. At this point, if he or anyone else gets injured, so be it. You have 3 more games to win and you grind it out, do whatever is necessary to pull off those Ws.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom