• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NBA Finals |OT| the deli is closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erico

Unconfirmed Member
Honestly, is it OK to excuse Lebron's poor play in 4th quarters and overtimes because he got tired? He's a 30 year old, still well in his prime, professional NBA player

I remember when saying a professional athlete got tired was a condemnation instead of a legitimate excuse for poor play.
I just see it being thrown around a lot lately and it baffles me.

LOOK AT THIS SHIT

This is the same dude that backfisted defenders, has drilled like 8 3 pointers in a row, and tried to dunk over a clearly unconscious Carmelo Anthony.

CARMELO WAS HIS TEAMMATE.

1279617800_Carmelo-Anthony-lying-on-the-floor.gif

giphy.gif

JRSSmithBehindBackThabo.gif

giphy.gif

He could be an All Star every year if he managed to get his shit together. He's crazy talented/athletic.

Trey

Carmelo laying knocked out on the ground for two solid possessions is one of the greatest basketball moments of the last decade. No one called TO, no ref stopped the game. Two possessions he laid there.

Holy fuck lmao

Carmelo laying knocked out on the ground for two solid possessions is one of the greatest basketball moments of the last decade. No one called TO, no ref stopped the game. Two possessions for each team he laid there.

Gets me every time. That is the weirdest shit ever, how the coach or refs not stop play or something lol.

It ASTOUNDS me that play wasn't immediately called. Did you think he was playing possum? Who gives a shit!? Get the trainer out there!

And everyone is literally playing around him like he's a damn obstacle, and THEN JR comes in with his fuckball antics, gets called for a travel, and I'm pretty sure he points at Carmelo as if to say Carmelo got in his way, making him travel.

It's possibly my favorite basketball gif of all time.

Steve Kerr controls lebron's minutes?
Their strategy is to wear hopefully wear Lebron down as the series goes on by letting him take 40 shots a game if he chooses to. He's also not playing his best guys extended minutes regardless of what Cleveland does to keep them from tiring out too early in the series and because the bench is deeper anyways.

Pretty sure they've stated this numerous times but seems like all you guys don't actually follow this stuff.

Siegcram

Their strategy is to wear hopefully wear Lebron down as the series goes on by letting him take 40 shots a game if he chooses to. He's also not playing his best guys extended minutes regardless of what Cleveland does to keep them from tiring out too early in the series and because the bench is deeper anyways.

Pretty sure they've stated this numerous times but seems like all you guys don't actually follow this stuff.
It's not his strategy that lebron will play 40+ minutes a game. That's a necessity for Cleveland. And I'm sure he would play his best guys extended minutes in game 3 if needed. You don't self-impose minute restrictions in the fucking finals.

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America

So, even though they're huge favorites, their plan is essentially the rope-a-dope. Lol that's classic.

Real question: if Cleveland wins this series, you're still going to make a "WARRIORS 2015 CHAMPIONS" banner and hang it in your room, aren't you?

giphy.gif

J.R. Smith is one of the more enigmatic players in the NBA.

By enigmatic do you mean shitty? Having an awesome game once and a while with some highlight reel stuff does not make you a good player. Guys sucks more nights than is good. And this clip has to be over 5 years old in his Nugget uni.

It's not his strategy that lebron will play 40+ minutes a game. That's a necessity for Cleveland. And I'm sure he would play his best guys extended minutes in game 3 if needed. You don't self-impose minute restrictions in the fucking finals.

It's their strategy to play him straight up and let him take shots instead of getting an easy pass to an open man all game. His minutes just exasperate the point. Are we talking about the same player who has repeatedly cramped up in games, including this year?

So, even though they're huge favorites, their plan is essentially the rope-a-dope. Lol that's classic.

Real question: if Cleveland wins this series, you're still going to make a "WARRIORS 2015 CHAMPIONS" banner and hang it in your room, aren't you?

The only question I have is if the Cavs win, will the fanbase stop being so desperate and rabid? Three years of Heat trash talk and I've never seen the level of animosity that I have this year from so called Cav fans.

Joei

I guess someone should inform Steve Kerr that a bunch of people on a forum say his strategy is totally bullshit.

Good job on taking what I said and extrapolating for what you want. And great way to take a stab at people disagreeing with you by going oh god, but they're on a forum; talk about bullshit!

Kerr's method to win may very well work, we're only two games into a series. But given the injuries, Cavs aren't incredibly deep right now and don't have the offense capabilities to keep up with GS. That said, if they're playin 50 minutes of grind it out ball, then that's that. if he has to play 250 more minutes of grind it out ball, then that's what he's going to do.

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
Three years of Heat trash talk and I've never seen the level of animosity that I have this year from so called Cav fans.

That's all in your head, man. You're WAY too sensitive. 10 minutes into game one and you were already complaining about all the "frontrunners."

Siegcram

It's their strategy to play him straight up and let him take shots instead of getting an easy to an open man all game. His minutes just exasperate the point. Are we talking about the same player who has repeatedly cramped up in games, including this year?
That's fine, but not what you said.

I don't think it's likely, or even to be expected for lebron to be an efficient scorer considering his minutes, responsibility and most of all the number of competent defenders the warriors can throw at him. Yet so far it's not exactly working.

That's all in your head, man. You're WAY too sensitive. 10 minutes into game one and you were already complaining about all the "frontrunners."

I'm just calling it like I see it. I'd say I'm not the one being sensitive considering I never had to resort to personal attacks. I'm just talking shop baby. Cavs aren't leading the series yet and we got people in here piling it on. That's pretty much classic frontrunner attitude if I've ever seen it.

There's gotta be a new word for it though when you're not even leading anything. Evenrunner? Tierunner?

piratethingy

Self professed bad raider
So someone at work today told me Lebron wasn't that good because his shooting percentage had gone down "significantly."

Yeah I'm sure he's real torn up.

By enigmatic do you mean shitty? Having an awesome game once and a while with some highlight reel stuff does not make you a good player. Guys sucks more nights than is good. And this clip has to be over 5 years old in his Nugget uni.

He can be bipolar in his game.

Some nights he's the best player on the floor and other nights he looks like he doesn't belong in the NBA.

That's fine, but not what you said.

I don't think it's likely, or even to be expected for lebron to be an efficient scorer considering his minutes, responsibility and most of all the number of competent defenders the warriors can throw at him. Yet so far it's not exactly working.

We're two games in and it's 1-1. Not sure how you can claim it is or isn't working yet.

I'm dying here, wtf? Lol

The only explanation I can think of is they thought he was faking. Then when everyone crowds around him and JR nearly steps on his goddamn head with no response or anything from Melo, everyone realizes that yeah, he's probably out

Truly a carnival of stupid

I got a hard time believing this series goes 7. Either the Warriors will have lost and completely collapsed before then or the Cavs will not have had enough to push them to 7. A 7 game series in the Finals usually takes two fairly healthy teams going back and forth like Spurs/Heat or Celtics/Lakers.

Agreed kinda.

Also, these first two games are a really hard read. I think game 3 will say a lot about how this series is going to go.

Carmelo laying knocked out on the ground for two solid possessions is one of the greatest basketball moments of the last decade. No one called TO, no ref stopped the game. Two possessions he laid there.

The best part is how at the end JR seems to be annoyed with Melo for being in his way.

Abounder

Banned
Honestly, is it OK to excuse Lebron's poor play in 4th quarters and overtimes because he got tired? He's a 30 year old, still well in his prime, professional NBA player

I remember when saying a professional athlete got tired was a condemnation instead of a legitimate excuse for poor play.
I just see it being thrown around a lot lately and it baffles me.

I guess that big frame hurts stamina, just like how the Mailman didn't deliver on Sundays. Not to mention LeBron's crazy mileage and cramping up before in the Finals as well. And JVG is right about how big guys take more abuse

But on the other hand relying on the smallest player on the court (Curry and other PG's) can be risky when things slow down and get physical in the finals, everyone's tired after 35+ minutes

qcf x2

The only explanation I can think of is they thought he was faking. Then when everyone crowds around him and JR nearly steps on his goddamn head with no response or anything from Melo, everyone realizes that yeah, he's probably out

I still think he was being a diva. The lack of reaction indicated/(s) to me that nobody was especially surprised that he would be so dramatic after not getting a call or whatever precipitated it.

lol @ suggesting the Warriors want Lebron to take the majority of the team's shots when both of his All Star teammates are done for the year and he's basically playing with the Cavs squad from the last time he was in Cleveland. If that's the Warriors plan now, after Kyrie was confirmed out for the season, they're beyond stupid. You want Lebron to pass it Dellavedova, Thompson, Smith, Jones, etc. You do not want the best player in the world actually realizing that he's the best scoring option.

Spinluck

Amazing.

I still think he was being a diva. The lack of reaction indicated/(s) to me that nobody was especially surprised that he would be so dramatic after not getting a call or whatever precipitated it.

Lol, that'd be funnier, but I think his lights were out. If he was being a diva/faking, he would've moved at least a bit when everyone started playing around him, just through instinct.

And JR nearly stomped his ass!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom