• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NBA Finals |OT| the deli is closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
91099439c2qd2.gif

Whenever I see this gif I'm always shocked at how Stern got a corded phone into the stands.

Lebron and his bag of bums have already surpassed my expectations by winning a game.
Yeah.. realistically speaking I see Cavs getting waxed these next 3 games. No fuckin way GS will play like the way they did last night again. They was shit in 4 qtrs game 1 too but game 2 was just tragic. If im cavs I say let Klay get his again if it comes to that.. Its just different if Steph is the one whos going hot.

LOOK AT THIS SHIT

This is the same dude that backfisted defenders, has drilled like 8 3 pointers in a row, and tried to dunk over a clearly unconscious Carmelo Anthony.

CARMELO WAS HIS TEAMMATE.

1279617800_Carmelo-Anthony-lying-on-the-floor.gif
That's my 2015 FMVP
9jBmg.png

Here is an article about that time Speights blessed us with one of the greatest 7 seconds in basketball.

And shortly after that this happened

CG8XiDbUkAEkKaL.jpg:large

Fjordson

That Speights dunk lmao. Wow. Other than a few nice runs, that Speights sequence is so emblematic of the shitshow our offense has become.

Joei

Yeah.. realistically speaking I see Cavs getting waxed these next 3 games. No fuckin way GS will play like the way they did last night again. They was shit in 4 qtrs game 1 too but game 2 was just tragic. If im cavs I say let Klay get his again if it comes to that.. Its just different if Steph is the one whos going hot.

Cav's controlled the pace of both games, so realistically speaking, you have no idea what you're speaking about. GS played the game the Cavs wanted. They controlled whether GS was getting fast break opportunities, they controlled the paint, the dictated the tempo. GS didn't magically play poorly in two straight games, I'd say the other team had some factor in that.

Cav's controlled the pace of both games, so realistically speaking, you have no idea what you're speaking about. GS played the game the Cavs wanted. They controlled whether GS was getting fast break opportunities, they controlled the paint, the dictated the tempo. GS didn't magically play poorly in two straight games, I'd say the other team had some factor in that.

Realistically, you're just as clueless as any of us here. Everyone is prognosticating based on their own biases and bullshit. Did they just miss shots or did the Cavs defend them so hard they couldn't make layups anymore? Who are you, or I, to know?

Joei

Realistically, you're just as clueless as any of us here. Everyone is prognosticating based on their own biases and bullshit. Did they just miss shots or did the Cavs defend them so hard they couldn't make layups anymore? Who are you, or I, to know?

I agree with you. I'm not predicting the Cavs to win it all or take the next three, I have no idea. But if the first two games were any indication, I'm confused how someone could say the Cavs will get "waxed" the next three. The next game could go just like last, GS hits a shot at the end then they're in the lead, it happens. Or JR could come back to planet earth and rain 3s.

Godslay

Banned
Oh if only JR would keep his head in the game at all times. At least he provides us with comedy

He has all the talent, but he's a head case. I think he actually gave Karl cancer.

I agree with you. I'm not predicting the Cavs to win it all or take the next three, I have no idea. But if the first two games were any indication, I'm confused how someone could say the Cavs will get "waxed" the next three. The next game could go just like last, GS hits a shot at the end then they're in the lead, it happens. Or JR could come back to planet earth and rain 3s.

Lebron's worn down bro. It's all according to Kerr's and Bam's keikaku.

I would like to see Curry mix it up with jumpers and layups. The defenders are playing the three and despite this he's forcing up shots.

Fjordson

I feel nauseous thinking about it, but maybe this is finals Curry. Maybe Delly is just his kryptonite.

I hope I'm wrong, but we'll see

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
Lebron should be worn the fuck down. 5 straight Finals, more minutes played than any other player in the NBA over the past like 10 years. He's been very lucky not to have a huge injury.

Weird there was 2 days of rest between gm1 and gm 2 and only 1 day on a travel.

That was just to have the game on Sunday.

effzee

I didn't get why Curry was only settling for jumpers.

Like he has an amazing handle and with everyone guarding the three he can get open lanes to the rim.

I feel nauseous thinking about it, but maybe this is finals Curry. Maybe Delly is just his kryptonite.

I hope I'm wrong, but we'll see

Guarded by the corpses of Shawn Marion and Jason Kidd, Lebron turded a 3-11 for 8 points line against the Mavs with his team up 2-1.

I mean, Dellavedova played a very good game, but let's not reach. Sometimes a bad game is just a bad game.

Fjordson

Guarded by the corpses of Shawn Marion and Jason Kidd, Lebron turded a 3-11 for 8 points line against the Mavs with his team up 2-1.

I mean, Dellavedova played a very good game, but let's not reach. Sometimes a bad game is just a bad game.
Maybe. But man, I've felt sick all day about that loss. At home, Lebron shoots 11 for 35, and we lost. And that's one of the worst games I've seen Curry have in a long time.

I ain't gonna pretend like I'm some guru, so I don't have a single clue as to who will win this now, but the longer Lebron stays alive the more nervous I get.

Godslay

Banned
Steve Kerr probably knows more about basketball than you ever will.

I would hope so, nice appeal to authority fallacy though!

Just seems like a backwards ass strategy when by your own admission the Warriors should be making easy work of this gimp squad. Doesn't really make sense to wear down 1 guy when you are the third best team of all time via ELO. Has Kerr ever mentioned this strategy? Or is it something of your high level basketball analysis?

The Warriors are still likely to win the series, don't get me wrong. Counting on wearing someone out versus running them out of the gym like the Warriors can do seems like an absurd strategy given the circumstances.

Joei

I didn't get why Curry was only settling for jumpers.

Like he has an amazing handle and with everyone guarding the three he can get open lanes to the rim.

I was worried about that as the game went on. He easily got there a few times, I was wondering how often he was gonna drive. The only thing is he probably can't take the abuse of constantly taking it to the rim, although the ones he did get in were fairly clean. I'm sure it'll happen a few more times next game though.

I would hope so, nice appeal to authority fallacy though!

Just seems like a backwards ass strategy when by your own admission the Warriors should be making easy work of this gimp squad. Doesn't really make sense to wear down 1 guy when you are the third best team of all time via ELO. Has Kerr ever mentioned this strategy? Or is it something of your high level basketball analysis?

The Warriors are still likely to win the series, don't get me wrong. Counting on wearing someone out versus running them out of the gym like the Warriors can do seems like an absurd strategy given the circumstances.

What the hell did I just read? Authority fallacy? High level basketball analysis?

jmood88

Lebron should be worn the fuck down. 5 straight Finals, more minutes played than any other player in the NBA over the past like 10 years. He's been very lucky not to have a huge injury.

That was just to have the game on Sunday.
I'm surprised he hasn't ended up as exhausted as Yao yet, or maybe he's just really good at hiding it.

It's going to catch up to him. He's probably going to age pretty quickly. He's 30 but more like 34-35 in terms of wear and tear and mileage.

When Golden State Warriors center Marreese Speights tweeted "Lil B is terrible" on September 2, 2011, he probably never thought it would come back to haunt him.

Lil B never forgets. Lol

It's going to catch up to him. He's probably going to age pretty quickly. He's 30 but more like 34-35 in terms of wear and tear and mileage.
If you added up all of his playoff games in the past 5 years he's probably played 6 full regular seasons.

Watch Hockey bro. That gives you something to watch every day.

Hockey is also the more entertaining sport.

Hockey is absolutely amazing in person but just isn't the same watching it on TV :/

Gonna be weird when he hits T-Mac levels of decline injury wise.

Oh well, everyone is human.

I think he's too smart of a player to fall off that hard, but I feel like hte days of him being all over the court, offensively and defensively, are numbered. He could very easily settle into a sort of hybrid PF position full time though once his athleticism starts to fall off. He'd still be able to blow by most PF/Cs.

Maybe. But man, I've felt sick all day about that loss. At home, Lebron shoots 11 for 35, and we lost. And that's one of the worst games I've seen Curry have in a long time.

I ain't gonna pretend like I'm some guru, so I don't have a single clue as to who will win this now, but the longer Lebron stays alive the more nervous I get.

I hear you, it's the Finals, all sort of crazy shit are reasonably possible (FUCK YOU RON ARTEST). But just remember that the Warriors played like the D'Antoni Suns on offense while actually being the best defensive team in the league, which sounds like someone cheating at franchise mode in 2K, while the Cavs fuckballed admirably their way into this.

Cavs could win, but it's not remotely as likely as some people are making it out to be.

I hear you, it's the Finals, all sort of crazy shit are reasonably possible (FUCK YOU RON ARTEST). But just remember that the Warriors played like the D'Antoni Suns on offense while actually being the best defensive team in the league, which sounds like someone cheating at franchise mode in 2K, while the Cavs fuckballed admirably their way into this.

Cavs could win, but it's not remotely as likely as some people are making it out to be.

I'm actually kind of missing Spurs ball movement right now... Dem triangle elements...

ball_mvmt.gif

diaw.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom