• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NBA Finals |OT| the deli is closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
thehypocrite, do you believe in math as a thing or did numbers ruin your childhood? I've never seen someone so openly dismissive of statistics as you are in these NBA threads.

Hey man I like stats, I just dislike the intentionally dishonest way in which they are used to promote a bullshit narrative.

Stats are important in sports and they are an important tool to measure performance on the court but they in no way are everything there's to it.

NBA isn't a spreadsheet game. There's context to it and there should be context to stats.

Example BBB using number of FTs to support his argument that the NBA refs weren't favoring the dubs in the last game.

Heck today the NBA announced that in the last 2 minutes and OT they missed 4 calls, 1 that would favor the dubs and 3 that would favor the Cavs, but BBB just want you too look at the stats of total FTs.

That's why I call them bullshit.

Trey

Curry gets treated differently than LeBron because they are different people, different players, with different careers and different expectations.

"But if LeBron did..." is such a worthless statement I don't know why you all are discussing it.

Hey man I like stats, I just dislike the intentionally dishonest way in which they are used to promote a bullshit narrative.

Stats are important in sports and they are an important tool to measure performance on the court but they in no way are everything there's to it.

NBA isn't a spreadsheet game. There's context to it and there should be context to stats.

Example BBB using number of FTs to support his argument that the NBA refs weren't favoring the dubs in the last game.

Heck today the NBA announced that in the last 2 minutes and OT they missed 4 calls, 1 that would favor the dubs and 3 that would favor the Cavs, but BBB just want you too look at the stats of total FTs.

alright, you don't sound like a crazy person anymore.

even if you are cheering for the cavs to win

alright, you don't sound like a crazy person anymore.

even if you are cheering for the cavs to win
Lol. Well yes. Cavs get this in 6 as the dubs are legit shook and don't understand what's happening on the court.

It's all about intensity, execution and will at this point. Talent and ability are important, but they need to bring the other elements to win it.

Godslay

Banned

Well he's a joke/troll poster for the most part, par for the course.

Show me the bullshit stats that you like to flaunt around for everything or hold your L. What defensive metrics has YNB as a good defender? Also which quality defender has Curry faced so far that was healthy?

Westbrook had 3.2 DWS this season, while Curry stopper Dellavedova had a towering 0.5. Also, if you actually think straight up that Dellavedova is a better defender than Westbrook you should try and get a position with the Knicks front office.

Zach

Can't waaaaait for Game 3. Where do you stand, folks?

Cavs win big

Cavs win a close one

Cavs win in OT

Warriors win in OT

Warriors win a close one

Warriors win big

diffusionx

Gold Member
Hmm, don't get it, but whatever.

Curry and Klay both playing like they're still concussed. Injuries are the name of the game this season.

Klay kept them in the game on Sunday. He was the only one who was playing well on that team.

Curry... he hasn't been the same since he fell off Ariza. I mean, he didn't have an outright bad game until Sunday, but he's looked off.

Misterhbk

Warriors by blow from start to finish. Kerr gonna unleash the adjustments. Curry gonna silence the ridiculous Dell love. By playing like.his usual self. Klay stays hot. Checkmate.

Jonm1010

Banned
The clippers were a team hampered by health and depth.

Blake Griffin was legitimately the best player in the playoffs for most of that series.

I seemed to have watched a different series then most. What I saw was two teams that had they managed to sustain that level of play no one would of been shocked if they made the finals. That is in spite of their injuries.

Spurs had the depth to put away the Rockets. Problem was the less healthy team won that series and depth and injury caught up them.

Westbrook had 3.2 DWS this season, while Curry stopper Dellavedova had a towering 0.5. Also, if you actually think straight up that Dellavedova is a better defender than Westbrook you should try and get a position with the Knicks front office.

Never said Delly better than Westbrook. The DWS and DRtg show that Curry is a better defender than YNB, CP3, Conley, Bledsoe. am I supposed to take that seriously?

Some stats that matter: Thunder allow 100.5*100 possessions without YNB and 104.6 with him on the floor.

Source:Sbnation dated 2015/4/8.

Defense is a team stat and hard to quantify in my opinion so scouts do it better as a lot of it is instincts and affinity within the team.

Cavs win big

Cavs win a close one

Cavs win in OT

Warriors win in OT

Warriors win a close one

Warriors win big

Wanna say Cavs win a close one, but I can always be horribly and hilariously wrong. In any direction.

The clippers were a team hampered by health and depth.

Blake Griffin was legitimately the best player in the playoffs for most of that series.

I seemed to have watched a different series then most. What I saw was two teams that had they managed to sustain that level of play no one would of been shocked if they made the finals. That is in spite of their injuries.

In a sense the Spurs did catch a bad break by playing the Clippers in round 1, a team lacking depth that was bound to slow down at some point because of that. Spurs really have no one to blame but themselves though for failing to secure a seed higher than 6.

Cavs win big

Cavs win a close one

Cavs win in OT

Warriors win in OT

Warriors win a close one

Warriors win big

I think the Warriors open the floodgates this game. But if the Cavs keep it close Lebron can pull it out especially at home.

Cavs win big

Cavs win a close one

Cavs win in OT

Warriors win in OT

Warriors win a close one

Warriors win big

Warriors blow out the Cavs tonight...I hope I'm wrong, but they are too good to play this shitty.

Kacho

Gold Member

Cavs win big

Cavs win a close one

Cavs win in OT

Warriors win in OT

Warriors win a close one

Warriors win big

My gut says that GS will be on their game tonight. I expect them to win a close one.

Kanguro

Neo Member
people seriously arguing that YNB is a good defender in this thread? I guess constantly gambling for steals and always being out of position qualifies as good defense in some universe.

FZZ

Banned
Cavs blow out Warriors

MVP am cry

Gaffers eat crow

Dellavedova becomes Lebron's number 1 homie

Get fucked GAF.

Cavs blow out Warriors

MVP am cry

Gaffers eat crow

Dellavedova becomes Lebron's number 1 homie

Get fucked GAF.

1385.gif

Cheebo

Banned
Warriors have to win this one right? I mean they can't have 3 bad games in a row in the finals (they did not do nearly as well as they should have game 1 either)...right? There is just no way.

Warriors have to win this one right? I mean they can't have 3 bad games in a row in the finals (they did not do nearly as well as they should have game 1 either)...right? There is just no way.

The Warriors played like absolute crap in game 2, and still almost won the game. The Cavs and Lebron COULD NOT HAVE PLAYED any better in game two.

lebron was inefficient as all hell and they were another boneheaded play from JR Smith away from losing that game. The best thing that happened for the cavs was that he fouled out.

Neither of these teams is playing well, it's been a bad finals so far despite what 2 OT endings would have you think. neither team is playing well offensively or defensively, it's like theyre playing in november and not in june.

I predict Golden State wins. It could be a close game or a blowout, but I'm leaning towards the latter for a couple reasons. First, the Cavs didn't get home until 6 AM on Monday morning and for some reason had to be at work at noon. This on top of playing back to back overtimes with a non-existent bench. Fatigue will start to show in this game. Second, Golden State will come out with adjustments and something to prove, especially Curry after a horrible game 2. If the Cavs come out tired and allow Steph or Klay to get hot I think Golden State goes up 15-20 and the Cavs never recover. Think games 3 and 4 in Miami last year.

Hey hypocrite, how many uncalled travels, off arms, and hooks do you think Lebron and Mozgov will get away with now that they're actually at home? Keep holding that L buddy.

Zach

Cavs win big
FZZpure

Cavs win a close one
eBay Huckster

Cavs win in OT
Zach

Warriors win in OT

Warriors win a close one
PhoReal

Warriors win big
BrassMonkey1010