• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NBA Finals |OT| the deli is closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zach

Cavs win big
FZZpure
Monster Zero

Cavs win a close one
eBay Huckster
KefkaPalazzo
Dreams-Visions

Cavs win in OT
Zach

Warriors win in OT

Warriors win a close one
PhoReal

Warriors win big
BrassMonkey1010
Dion Blaster
cubicle47b
AkuMifune

Some of you jerks are confusing me with your predictions. Like, Dreams-Visions said Cavs by 7, which I'm just gonna jot down as "a close one". From here on out, 7 points or less is close. 8+ is "big".

If you know what I mean.

Y'all need Jesus
This finals is full of so much hate

You guys really should be having a better time. : )

Cavs win big
FZZpure
Monster Zero

Cavs win a close one
eBay Huckster
KefkaPalazzo
Dreams-Visions

Cavs win in OT
Zach

Warriors win in OT

Warriors win a close one
PhoReal

Warriors win big
BrassMonkey1010
Dion Blaster
cubicle47b
AkuMifune

Some of you jerks are confusing me with your predictions. Like, Dreams-Visions said Cavs by 7, which I'm just gonna jot down as "a close one". From here on out, 7 points or less is close. 8+ is "big".

If you know what I mean.

I got GS winning by double digits.

If you fail to see that you are calling other people out for the same thing you whined about in the NFL thread, that's on you.

If you fail to see the difference between what you did and what I did and the intent behind the two (hint: I'm just trying to figure out whose actually interesting in talking about the games, win or loss). Then that is also on you.

Fjordson

What I wanna know is if Speights can still dunk. If he has a breakaway with 5-6 seconds left and the Warriors are down 1 do they still lose?

Zach

I got GS winning by double digits.

That's the ticket! Clear as day!

Cavs win big
FZZpure
Monster Zero

Cavs win a close one
eBay Huckster
KefkaPalazzo
Dreams-Visions

Cavs win in OT
Zach

Warriors win in OT

Warriors win a close one
PhoReal

Warriors win big
BrassMonkey1010
Dion Blaster
cubicle47b
AkuMifune
Syphon Filter

I could see 20 different ways. Curry gets hot, Klay gets hot, Green has a better game, Barnes hits more shots, the rebounding is better, the ball movement is better.

There's plenty of different ways the Warriors could live up to their potential given they are the healthier and more talented team.

These guys have been hot all season. Now two games (which they played at home)into the Finals they get cold? I dont believe that. The Cavs defense has definitely disturbed their playstyle. They played catch-up the entirety of game 2.

These guys have been hot all season. Now two games (which they played at home)into the Finals they get cold? I dont believe that. The Cavs defense has definitely disturbed their playstyle. They played catch-up the entirety of game 2.

What about when they lost 2 in a row to the Grizz? Sometimes the shots just don't go down, this Cavs roster is not the defensive powerhouse you make it out to be with the exception of Lebron.

AkuMifune

Banned
Warriors win big
AkuMifune

Is there an option for expecting something, but wanting another? I find myself rooting for LeBron despite not caring about either team. What he's doing is really special.

Having a great time! But my happiness doesn't depend on it. ;)

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
This amount of shitposting and/or trolling is what got the old NBA thread locked and led to the exodus.

Fjordson

They went cold for two straight (one at home) against Memphis. Looked like shit. But then came back and won three straight.

I just have a hard time believing we've seen their finals ceiling. If we have then it could be a backdoor sweep 'cause the offense has been basura.

This amount of shitposting and/or trolling is what got the old NBA thread locked and led to the exodus.

Honestly I don't know why anyone would bother to post any actual analysis at this point, considering (for example) we've got two months and 16 games worth of evidence that Cleveland is legitimately good on the defensive end now (not including post-ASG regular season games, where they posted something like a 99 DRTG) and we've still got people claiming they're trash warmed over based on GAMES PLAYED IN 2014.

e:

The Grizzles defense also shook the Warriors. Good defense affects shots. In that series, GS found a way to adjust. That remains to be seen in this one.

Namely, Tony Allen's hamstring found a way to adjust itself and GS capitalized on that.

What about when they lost 2 in a row to the Grizz? Sometimes the shots just don't go down, this Cavs roster is not the defensive powerhouse you make it out to be with the exception of Lebron.

The Grizzles defense also shook the Warriors. Good defense affects shots. In that series, GS found a way to adjust. That remains to be seen in this one.

Godslay

Banned
If you fail to see the difference between what you did and what I did and the intent behind the two (hint: I'm just trying to figure out whose actually interesting in talking about the games, win or loss). Then that is also on you.

You've been engaging him since the thread started. Sounds like you made up your mind along time ago.

Convenient cover to try and pull rank.

Okay, let me ask you this. Is there ANY conceivable way that you would admit sometimes people just miss shots or is it exclusively due to defense?

Okay, let me ask you this. Is there ANY conceivable way that you would admit sometimes people just miss shots or is it exclusively due to defense?

For a team that has been as offensively efficient and consistent as GS all season, no. And you keep bringing up missed shots. Thats the point exactly. Clevelands defense is forcing golden state to take shots and bad ones at that. GS has like no inside game right now. Live by the shot and die by it. They have to find a way to move the ball and score inside. Im not seeing that. And to make matters worse, these miss shot are being snatched up by GS but by Cleveland which is the vastly superior rebounding team.

This is Golden State right now: take contested/difficult jump shot. Miss. Cleveland gets the rebound. No ball movement, no easy buckets.

Im a Spurs fan and people have been making comparisons to us and GS all season. Im not seeing that right now.

You are the exact reason why Im so happy my spurs won the championship with a heat team at full strength. If they didnt people would be all "well they won because miami was injured yadda yadda yadda". If the shots arent falling, why not move the damn ball around and find a way to score inside?

Zach

I got GS winning by 4-8 points.

[Looks at judges] Let's call it a close one!

Is there an option for expecting something, but wanting another? I find myself rooting for LeBron despite not caring about either team. What he's doing is really special.

Having a great time! But my happiness doesn't depend on it. ;)

Ha! I'm kind of where you're at in this whole ordeal. It's fun, right?

As a guy who only hangs about during the playoffs, it's kinda bad...

I demand my prediction be listed!

What's your p, friend?

Cavs win big
FZZpure
Monster Zero

Cavs win a close one
eBay Huckster
KefkaPalazzo
Dreams-Visions
thehypocrite

Cavs win in OT
Zach

Warriors win in OT

Warriors win a close one
PhoReal
Bam Bam Baklava
HalfBakedProphet
Jag

Warriors win big
BrassMonkey1010
Dion Blaster
cubicle47b
AkuMifune
Syphon Filter

They have to find a way to move the ball and score inside. Im not seeing that. And to make matters worse, these miss shot are being snatched up by GS but by Cleveland which is the vastly superior rebounding team.

yeah, the thing about this is that they need to find a way to keep Mozgov from sonning the shit out of Bogut in order to even win the inside matchups, and they haven't been able to do that in 62 minutes so far

Siegcram

Gonna be a close one either way, but I see the warriors pulling through. They're too well coached to not adjust and Curry will play with a chip on his shoulder after that horrendous game 2. 3rd OT in three games is easily possible.

For a team that has been as offensively efficient and consistent as GS all season, no. And you keep bringing up missed shots. Thats the point exactly. Clevelands defense is forcing golden state to take shots and bad ones at that. GS has like no inside game right now. Live by the shot and die by it. They have to find a way to move the ball and score inside. Im not seeing that. And to make matters worse, these miss shot are being snatched up by GS but by Cleveland which is the vastly superior rebounding team.

This is Golden State right now: take contested/difficult jump shot. Miss. Cleveland gets the rebound. No ball movement, no easy buckets.

Im a Spurs fan and people have been making comparisons to us and GS all season. Im not seeing that right now.

I'm just not sure I can prescribe to this kind of view. It's too absolute for me in assigning blame and credit. I've seen plenty of games where the Warriors were played insanely well defensively but then Curry hits a 40 footer with 3 hands contesting it again and again.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
You've been engaging him since the thread started. Sounds like you made up your mind along time ago.

Convenient cover to try and pull rank.

speaking again from an objective point of view (me and slay are cool now, but I'd still tell it likeit is) bambam you flat out pulled rank. nobody should do that it proves absolutely nothing. You can do your mental gymnastics and give all different reasons why it's ok you did it and why it wasn't elsewhere, but it doesn't change a thing.

my point of view remains- pulling rank is hilariously stupid. one big pissing contest, its just so stupid

Siegcram

I'm just not sure I can prescribe to this kind of view. It's too absolute for me in assigning blame and credit. I've seen plenty of games where the Warriors were played insanely well defensively but then Curry hits a 40 footer with 3 hands contesting it again and again.
Those shots don't win you games if you're relying on them. They need to establish some sort of inside game, not Curry heat-checking all game.

speaking again from an objective point of view (me and slay are cool now, but I'd still tell it likeit is) bambam you flat out pulled rank. nobody should do that it proves absolutely nothing. You can do your mental gymnastics and give all different reasons why it's ok you did it and why it wasn't elsewhere, but it doesn't change a thing.

my point of view remains- pulling rank is hilariously stupid. one big pissing contest, its just so stupid

It's not about pulling rank man, it's about being genuine in your discussion. Like I said before, why in the name of god should I post and respond to someone who is only willing to talk to me during certain circumstances? It makes zero sense.

You can see it however you want but that's my view. I'm not here enough to know who has "rank", for all I know he posts more than me in NBA threads throughout the year.

Ape

Banned
Warriors are going to win close, that's what I'm going with.

I'd say 5, something around 95 100 final tonight would be reasonable.

Godslay

Banned

And as you and I have discussed, I at one time did it. Now I try not to. Live and learn I guess.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I'll toss a prediction. warriors by 10+.

it can be any combination of things on why curry has gone cold, one major possibility is finals jitters. the other is overthinking it and a couple bad bounces. the Cavs don't have the fire power to win a shootout which they're bound to be forced into... Why not tonight.

Tell curry to go 'head and keep jacking up them threes until they fall. Also youre likely comparing reg season games to playoffs one. Completely different scenarios. Right now the GS offense looks forced and im used to seeing it appear very smoothly.

I'm a Warriors fan and I agree..not just for the playoffs but the whole season in general. I'd say offensively the Spurs and the Hawks are the most similar. Both rely on a quick PG or post player to shift the defense off balance/ trigger the offense and then work into open 3's. Whereas the Warriors utilize motion to get Curry/Klay open to shift the defense. Warriors rely more on transition offense than the Spurs do as well.

As for home court advantage. Warriors need to stop playing to the crowd in Oracle. The fans will cheer easy basketball plays as long as they're executed successfully. No need to go And1 mixtape on their opponents.

I think the Cavs pull out a super close one (no OT). Curry gets hot but is offset by rest of his team letting him down and Shump/JR making some 3's.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
It's not about pulling rank man, it's about being genuine in your discussion. Like I said before, why in the name of god should I post and respond to someone who is only willing to talk to me during certain circumstances? It makes zero sense.

You can see it however you want but that's my view. I'm not here enough to know who has "rank", for all I know he posts more than me in NBA threads throughout the year.

You keep asking why you should respond or talk to him... Why are you asking anyone this besides yourself? You certainly seem interested in engaging him to me.

I'm a Warriors fan and I agree..not just for the playoffs but the whole season in general. I'd say offensively the Spurs and the Hawks are the most similar. Both rely on a quick PG or post player to shift the defense off balance/ trigger the offense and then work into open 3's. Whereas the Warriors utilize motion to get Curry/Klay open to shift the defense. Warriors rely more on transition offense than the Spurs do as well.

As for home court advantage. Warriors need to stop playing to the crowd in Oracle. The fans will cheer easy basketball plays as long as they're executed successfully. No need to go And1 mixtape on their opponents.

The Cavs rebounding has put a big dent in the Warriors transition game.

Jag

And the Cavs are shutting down all types of play. I want GS to win, but I gotta give the Cavs D huge props for adjusting and forcing teams to play their style of ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom