• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NBA Finals |OT| the deli is closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
My game prediction is this;

The Warriors are in the lead towards the end of the game, until the lights get turned off in the arena. When they come back on, OH SHIT IT'S BILL MURRAY IN A CAVS JERSEY

And then JR knocks him out by accident by jumping and kneeing him in the face on a drive. Warriors win.

zychi

Banned
He had a triple double.

Neat. They almost lost. He could have a quad dub, and i wouldn't give a shit. He makes 3 more shots, there's no OT.

He makes one more shot in Game 1, and Kyrie doesn't blow up his knee.

If you Cle fans are going to keep talking Bron up about him "carrying castoffs:, you gotta take the overthinking of his misses. Few more makes, it's a different series.

ISOM

Man I really hope Curry shoots all in Delladova's grill. He's not doing anything different that defenders haven't been doing to him all season and in the playoffs, he just missed a lot of open looks he usually makes.

Godslay

Banned
Neat. They almost lost. He could have a quad dub, and i wouldn't give a shit. He makes 3 more shots, there's no OT.

He makes one more shot in Game 1, and Kyrie doesn't blow up his knee.

If you Cle fans are going to keep talking Bron up about him "carrying castoffs:, you gotta take the overthinking of his misses. Few more makes, it's a different series.

If a dog had a square asshole he'd shit blocks.

I'm thinking Cavs win a close one tonight. Probably up big at one point, only for Golden State to almost come back again.

No OT. JR Smith forgets that he is JR Smith and plays a much better game.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
and extremely hypocritical for him to be doing, considering his disappearing act in the regular season thread literally as soon as cleveland made those midseason trades

i know lolrite! oh wait i don't care. who cares where anybody was?! it's a forum lol.

Just sums up the frontrunner attitude. Why should I sit here and discuss something with a guy who only shows up at certain times?

Any chance you read that article or do you not believe in reading either?

then why engage him if you believe this? none of this makes any sense to me.

I think the engagement is about to end at this rate. I thought he was interested in actually discussing stats and detailed info but all this bickering leads me to think otherwise.

Did anyone even read the article?

Just sums up the frontrunner attitude. Why should I sit here and discuss something with a guy who only shows up at certain times?

Any chance you read that article or do you not believe in reading either?
Frontrunner? The series is tied, giving up already?

Didn't read it because I don't think Delly is stopping Curry. The Cavs team defense is making it harder on him but to me he's just not getting a shooting pace because the Cavs have dictated a pace that's not convenient for the dubs.

i know lolrite! oh wait i don't care. who cares where anybody was?! it's a forum lol.

yeah i basically just find that bit hilarious, it's not that big a deal :p

also: if JR just keeps the dumb fouls to a minimum (and lebron doesn't miss 20 shots), cleveland wins this one in regulation

All this calling people out and whatnot. Jeez. Cant we just enjoy the final few games of the season?

I got the Cavs winning tonight btw. I feel like they smell blood and believe they can win.

I thought the first two games would have been blowouts by GS to be honest.

My eyes will really be on Curry to see how he switches up his game.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I think the engagement is about to end at this rate. I thought he was interested in actually discussing stats and detailed info but all this bickering leads me to think otherwise.

from a completely objective standpoint, you all are being childish. all of you continue to have a e-peen contest pricing your fandom, questioning how "true" a fan you are, etc. this is my least favorite thing about the sports threads. Its truly embarrassing, the equivalent of "nuh uh i have more posts so im a bigerrer fan" - "oh yeah well i post more after losses so i get bonus points"

AkuMifune

Banned
All this calling people out and whatnot. Jeez. Cant we just enjoy the final few games of the season?

I got the Cavs winning tonight btw. I feel like they smell blood and believe they can win.

I thought the first two games would have been blowouts by GS to be honest.

Still waiting for a GS blowout, I have to think it happens tonight.

If not, this is going to really get interesting.

from a completely objective standpoint, you all are being childish. all of you continue to have a e-peen contest pricing your fandom, questioning how "true" a fan you are, etc. this is my least favorite thing about the sports threads. Its truly embarrassing, the equivalent of "nuh uh i have more posts so im a bigerrer fan" - "oh yeah well i post more after losses so i get bonus points"

It's not about e-peen. It's actually very rational, if someone only posts after a certain outcome then it just means they like to gloat and make people "defend" a viewpoint. "Lebron shot inefficiently? Well we won the game so HA!" or "you say Del isn't a Curry Stopper? Well he shoot poorly and we won the game so HA!" and so on.

If you're just interesting in going around spiking footballs instead of actually talking shop then why should anyone take you seriously?

Fairly false equivalence. You were trying to police the thread and use some kind of "seniority" nonsense. I'm just trying to understand if I should engage in actual dialogue with someone based on their pattern of posting.

Can't waaaaait for Game 3. Where do you stand, folks?

Cavs win big

Cavs win a close one

if the warriors win tonight i'll be a bit shocked
Cavs can easily win tonight based off the shook factor , unless the warriors get out of their slump

like i said, it'll be 2-2 or 3-1 Cleveland going back to Oakland , count on it

Dirtsaw

Interesting. Definitely a lot of dumb stuff from Curry's doing alone.
He also missed an uncontested floater from the free throw line when he had enough time to stop and calmly shoot. He was not himself. Delly might be in his head but I doubt it lasts more than two games.

If it was going to happen, it would have happened in GS. Cleveland is shutting down their 3 ball, disrupting their ball movement, and crippling their fast break game. From what Ive seen, every shot GS has had to take has been extremely difficult.

You're going to be waiting a long time. This is 80s Cavs ball. Walk it up the court and blow at least 20 of 24 seconds off the clock every possession. There won't be enough pace for anyone to get blown out. Every game will be under 100 after 4 quarters with rare exception. Whoever executes best in the half court wins. GS clearly has superior talent though, and if CLE gets lost on switches, they could get ran out the gym like Houston did on their home floor once. I think our team has more heart than that, but we'll see.

AkuMifune

Banned
If it was going to happen, it would have happened in GS. Cleveland is shutting down their 3 ball, disrupting their ball movement, and crippling their fast break game. From what Ive seen, every shot GS has had to take has been extremely difficult.

But 3 times in a row? That's be crazy. Excited to watch this thing unfold.

Godslay

Banned
Fairly false equivalence. You were trying to police the thread and use some kind of "seniority" nonsense. I'm just trying to understand if I should engage in actual dialogue with someone based on their pattern of posting.

You popped in and talked shit in Broncos losses, and disappeared when they won. Not really any different than calling someone else out on it here. In your case, it became pretty targeted.

I almost always welcome people with open arms in the NFL thread. Most of the guys over there can attest to it. Will I give them good natured hard time most of the time? Of course.

I posted after cowboys/broncos losses and wins. His problem was that I was a "johnny come lately" who apparently only posted a few times a week which did not live up to his quota of thread hierarchy.

Hence, why you are a hypocrite.

Jag

Curry just collapsing in the face of Final's pressure. Dude was tweeting the day of Game 2. He needs to a take a page from Lebron and go media dark.

You popped in and talked shit in Broncos losses, and disappeared when they won. Not really any different than calling someone else out on it here. In your case, it became pretty targeted.

I almost always welcome people with open arms in the NFL thread. Most of the guys over there can attest to it. Will I give them good natured hard time most of the time? Of course.

I disappeared after their losses? You sure about that there buddy? If you're so inclined to dig up posts then why not dig deeper and show it.

But 3 times in a row? That's be crazy. Excited to watch this thing unfold.

The thing is, if GS had a game plan after game 1, then how come they couldnt excecute it? The Cavs prevented that game plan from falling into action.

With the drive of Lebron, the momentum in their favor and the roar of the crowd, i dont see how GS wins this one.

Delly_falls.0.0.png

Ah yes...the classic get on all fours and bark like a dog defense. Works. Every. Time.

Curry just collapsing in the face of Final's pressure. Dude was tweeting the day of Game 2. He needs to a take a page from Lebron and go media dark.

Number one reason why I hate dwight howard. Dude is always laughing and joking around even during serious ass games. Curry needs to be in the gym or watching film.

The thing is, if GS had a game plan after game 1, then how come they couldnt excecute it? The Cavs prevented that game plan from falling into action.

With the drive of Lebron, the momentum in their favor and the roar of the crowd, i dont see how GS wins this one.

I could see 20 different ways. Curry gets hot, Klay gets hot, Green has a better game, Barnes hits more shots, the rebounding is better, the ball movement is better.

There's plenty of different ways the Warriors could live up to their potential given they are the healthier and more talented team.

I wouldn't judge the MVP by one game. I'd take the over on him shitting on Dellavadova tonight if I were a gambling man. At some point the Cavs will have to run with Smith, LBJ and Shump on the court with no Delly because Steph has been autographing his coffin. Hopefully they'll both be able to play aggressive without fouling him like they did in game 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom