• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NBA Finals |OT| the deli is closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
Curry is playing just about like I thought he would when he was coming out of Davidson. I underestimated him big time then, but I think his physical limitations are sticking out in this series.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
The thing that gets me is it isn't the Cavs defense. They are missing layups and open jumpers. Looks like the pressure is too much for them to handle to me. They better start believing in themselves and get some confidence or this will go down as one of the biggest choke jobs in history.

Curry has only 3 points at the half....MVP...

let's be fair: he's being hounded and double teamed/trapped when he has the ball. he has to give it up. Also, I'm pretty sure the GS gameplan is to accept those doubles and find the open man. Their role players aren't hitting the shots. Also, Steph is not working hard enough to get free on screens, so his shot opportunities are limited. And he's such a great rhythm shooter...well, when he doesn't have an opportunity to find a rhythm due to pace and minimal opportunities, the results are as expected.

Jonm1010

Banned
The analytics and stats have led me astray. Warriors not named Iggy are booty butt cheeks this series.

Analytics are merely the reflection of what is currently working in the NBA. I think this series and the playoffs in general is showing that the playoffs and the regular season are two different animals and analytics are going to need to adjust. Which they will.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
As much as I hate to say it, Delly should be there.

CHGsnOpWcAIYW5T.jpg

Redd

Curry is playing just about like I thought he would when he was coming out of Davidson. I underestimated him big time then, but I think his physical limitations are sticking out in this series.

He's having a bad series so far. Usually the shots he's been missing usually fall. If he gets hot or Kerr makes some adjustments they can still win this.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Like I've been saying, Kerr is being outcoached like a mofo this series. He's running the same shit over and over without success.

Cooter

He's having a bad series so far. Usually the shots he's been missing usually fall. If he gets hot or Kerr makes some adjustments they can still win this.
Nothing to to with physical limitations. This is mental.

see5harp

let's be fair: he's being hounded and double teamed/trapped when he has the ball. he has to give it up. Also, I'm pretty sure the GS gameplan is to accept those doubles and find the open man. Their role players aren't hitting the shots. Also, Steph is not working hard enough to get free on screens, so his shot opportunities are limited. And he's such a great rhythm shooter...well, when he doesn't have an opportunity to find a rhythm due to pace and minimal opportunities, the results are as expected.

He's also only shot like 6 times. I don't care how shitty your teammates are playing he's the leader of their team. He's done this shit in the past.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Switching over now that the baseball game is done, am I right to assume the score looks closer than how things have played out?

Zoned

Actively hates charity
The thing that gets me is it isn't the Cavs defense. They are missing layups and open jumpers. Looks like the pressure is too much for them to handle to me. They better start believing in themselves and get some confidence or this will go down as one of the biggest choke jobs in history.

Not really. If you see the defense, it's been quite good. Delly has pretty blocked the shit out of Curry. No open space for any easy 3's. Same goes for Klay.

If we can even get 6 minutes of good basketball out of this game I'd be satisfied. Surely the game won't end with turnovers and clunk shots? Even Lebron can play a good 6 minutes with some shots made or something, let's see some action.

Jonm1010

Banned
This series is making me have new reservations about Gentry as our soon to be head coach.

The Warriors have really not adjusted well to what has become the same gameplan that they struggled with Memphis.

Cooter

Not really. If you see the defense, it's been quite good. Delly has pretty blocked the shit out of Curry. No open space for any easy 3's. Same goes for Klay.
Really. If they hit half the open jumpers they have missed they'd be up by 10.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

I honestly have no idea how someone could be watching this game and say this.

If we can even get 6 minutes of good basketball out of this game I'd be satisfied. Surely the game won't end with turnovers and clunk shots? Even Lebron can play a good 6 minutes with some shots made or something, let's see some action.
Keep floating that narrative so you can downplay a Cleveland chip. Not transparent at all.

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
Nothing to to with physical limitations. This is mental.

What's going on in his head? Did something happen to cause this mental slump? You think he's shying away from the moment? Is physical defense getting into his head?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom