• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NBA Finals |OT| the deli is closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

diffusionx

Gold Member
Not really. If you see the defense, it's been quite good. Delly has pretty blocked the shit out of Curry. No open space for any easy 3's. Same goes for Klay.

Warriors have gotten plenty of open looks. They just haven't made any of them.

It's true that Curry hasn't gotten many though.

Not really. If you see the defense, it's been quite good. Delly has pretty blocked the shit out of Curry. No open space for any easy 3's. Same goes for Klay.

Are we really arguing between a choke job and good defense? They were missing open looks 4 minutes into the game, that's choke.

piratethingy

Self professed bad raider
If we can even get 6 minutes of good basketball out of this game I'd be satisfied. Surely the game won't end with turnovers and clunk shots? Even Lebron can play a good 6 minutes with some shots made or something, let's see some action.

I don't know you or any other posters here and this is still just so awesomely transparent.

badb0y

Lebron and what amounts to a bunch of bums off the bench are wiping the floor with the Warriors. This is embarrassing.
Are we really arguing between a choke job and good defense? They were missing open looks 4 minutes into the game, that's choke.
No, the defense is really good, I don't know why you keep trying to downplay the Cavaliers defense.

I wonder what odds you could get on Klay Thompson for Finals MVP right now. Warriors are still favored, but the Cavs are going to make someone besides Curry beat them.

Serenity

Another season low for the GS. When can we say the Cavs are actually pretty good defensively?

I do sense a GS come back though.

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America

It seems to me that people remember the handful of missed open jumpers but conveniently forget all the other possessions that ended without points.

Can we stop talking about the much better the western conference is? Heheh

Maybe we'll revisit that the next time an Eastern team that doesn't have LeBron James wins the championship.

see5harp

They've also allowed Cleveland to control 2.5 straight games now. Their half court offense is as bad as it ever was. This reminds me of the Spurs series where they just couldn't do shit without Steph hitting unbelievable threes.

Because you can feel it? Lol ok. Curry will score but no take over it is not in him tonight. It has not been in him all series.

It's just one of those odd games where it feels like the Cavs should be up 10. They've been slowly building momentum as the first half went on and the Warriors on the other hand haven't been able to string even 2 decent possessions in a row together.

They've missed tons of open shots
I recall 4 or 5 but I might be forgetting some. The rest were all contested. And when you're facing tremendous pressure hitting the open shots is even more important, so it makes the shooters really nervous.

That's what everyone means when they say it's dangerous to build a team around jump-shooting.

CHGsnOpWcAIYW5T.jpg

fVJF5IP.gif

Crud

Banned
It's just one of those odd games where it feels like the Cavs should be up 10. They've been slowly building momentum as the first half went on and the Warriors on the other hand haven't been able to string even 2 decent possessions in a row together.

I misread your post my bad.

AkuMifune

Banned
I thought for sure GS had the offense to bounce back hard. This is crazy.

Hey Kevin Love, you know how to get dudes towels right? Doesn't look like they need you after all.

Curry, Klay, Bogut, Barnes all look legit shook. I would bring back Livingston, Ezeli and especially Iguadola real quick if there's a Cleveland run in the 3rd.

Yeah, Cavs are playing 90's Knicks basketball. Walk it up the court and pound the pick and roll..I know it's only a 7 point deficit but it feels larger given how slow the pace of the game is.

Champagne

Banned
I thought for sure GS had the offense to bounce back hard. This is crazy.

Hey Kevin Love, you know how to get dudes towels right? Doesn't look like they need you after all.
you must've missed the latter half of the regular season when the offensive tri of kyrie, lbj, and love were tearing holes through the fabric of basketball

don't be stupid now

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
What's going on in his head? Did something happen to cause this mental slump? You think he's shying away from the moment? Is physical defense getting into his head?
Yes. He's not confident. Look at him put there. Passing up open threes and barely driving. You really think Delly is some kind of shut down defender?

GAF tell me I'm crazy but are the Cavs are weirdly better off for THIS particular matchup with Golden State with Love and Kyrie out?

Love gets killed in pick n rolls.
Kyrie's D is disinterested most of the time.

I kinda feel like Golden State's offense would look a lot better if Love and Kyrie were playing major minutes.

Cavs D have dictated play 3 straight games, besides some fits and starts from GS.
Kerr needs to make an adjustment or Golden State is going to lose this series.

Is the above theory ludicrous?

Are people watching? I don't see that great D from Cavs... I see open shots getting missed horribly. Like they just look bad coming out of the players hands. Curry, Thompson, green, and Barnes forgot how to play ball.

This reminds me of Pacers collapse last season

you must've missed the latter half of the regular season when the offensive tri of kyrie, lbj, and love were tearing holes through the fabric of basketball

don't be stupid now

I forget what span of time it was, but for some segment of those last 43 games Cleveland was posting something insane like a 13 SRS

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
If the Cavs somehow win this series.. would they arguably be the worst team to win a championship ever?

JR and LeBron are the only guys to average double figure scoring this year.. yes I know Kyrie and Love out.. but when JR Smith is your 2nd best score.. fuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom