• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NBA Finals |OT| the deli is closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Cleveland wins. Good game I guess

However, I just want to bring back something that we discussed here.

What stats was GS leading in that made it very clear they have an advantage, because I think these last few game proves that once again, stats do not matter when heart and hunger prevail all.

GS is hungry, but not hungry enough. It only proves that maybe the West isn't as brilliant as everyone says they are if through all of that trial and tribulations, nothing on the west has tested Golden State for this juggernaut. Using the East is easy as an excuse can't work either because Cavs are going against the best team in the league and it feels like they came more prepared even if their conference was "weak".

Obviously the series isn't over and GS needs to comeback, and I think they can, but I also think they should stop resting on pretty and start getting dirty. Starting grinding and playing like they NEED this win for their hometown. LeBron is putting his team and his city on his back, when will Curry and the gang?

ELO said they are a Legenday team.

When a legendary team clashes with a Legendary player their status are tested & only 1 is living up to the billing.

Things Cleveland should be happy about:
They won
They're ahead
LeBron is playing great
Delly is playing great
The defense is excellent

Things Golden State should be happy about:
Curry at the tail end seemed to find his groove
Cleveland can't keep a lead for shit
Golden State's bench is still much deeper than Cleveland's
Golden State can probably just win the NBA Finals by kicking everybody on the Cavs in the dick until they get hurt

Title change is all mine. Gladly taking credit for that.

Was impressed with how the Cavs just ramped it up. Had Shumpert went down and not come back I had them dead in the water.

I'm still blown away with how much LBJ and this mediocre Cavs team(because without Varejao and Love and Irving, they wouldnt be a playoff team) are giving the Warriors work, injuries considered.

I'm also glad Kerr heard me and decided to play David Lee and Ezeli more.

Cleveland wins Game 3, man I will be dumbfounded. LBJ has to get tired sometime.

I still think the Cavs win next game. These dubs are shook.

Come on man, can we be reasonable for once? I thought Warriors were laying down and getting ready to die or "shook" as you like to call it. But they showed some will at the end that could carry over. They have always responded to being back against the wall.

I would have agreed if they let themselves get walked over but they showed some real fight. Maybe they were shook but now they are getting over it.

Redd

Title change is all mine. Gladly taking credit for that.

Was impressed with how the Cavs just ramped it up. Had Shumpert went down and not come back I had them dead in the water.

I'm still blown away with how much LBJ and this mediocre Cavs team(because without Varejao and Love and Irving, they wouldnt be a playoff team) are giving the Warriors work, injuries considered.

Cavs are a better team without Varejao besides they got Mozgof when he got injured.

I still think the Spurs would've beat this Cavs team in 5 games without breaking a sweat. They can play a grind it out defensive game if they have to.
Spurs can play slower tempo and in the post, so yeah they definitely wouldn't have been bullied by Cleveland the way the Warriors have been so far. But it is what it is.

wmlk

The Warriors can really build off of the end of the 3rd and the 4th quarter.

I take the Warriors in a blowout right now.

I still think the Spurs would've beat this Cavs team in 5 games without breaking a sweat. They can play a grind it out defensive game if they have to.

I agree with this and mostly the reason why I agree is because they have been to the championships before, so they know what they need to do to win. Unfortunately they lost to the Clippers but if they were here now and if they were able to beat the Rockets, then Golden State would really have the real test. I feel like when they went against the Rockets it wasn't as structured as going against the Spurs, who are almost identical to the same offensive momentum GS uses. So it would have been really interesting to see what would happen if the Spurs went against Golden State in their conference finals.

Serenity

I think I'll boycott the NBA if the Lebronaviers win the Finals. I swear. I can't stand seeing this cocky, lying, dishonest scum WIN after backstabbing Pat Riley and the Heat organization who took him under their wing and welcomed him with open arms.

karma, where art thou?

Riley knows about loyalty just ask knicks fans.

Cavs are a better team without Varejao besides they got Mozgof when he got injured.

Good point. That trade and Blatt stealing away Delly is making him look the genius.

Blatt and the Cavs D are keeping the Warriors in a half court game. Bravo to that coaching staff and the players.

Nah. They were. No doubt about it. Fourth quarter got them going. They hit half the open jumpers they missed tonight and this game isn't close. We'll see. I could be wrong.

You fired everything you had and still lost the game. The dubs even gave up with a bunch of time left on the clock. They play with too much entitlement except david lee who was doing all those things that don't show on the stats.

Plus on the other side LeBron is having none of that. When the dubs pushed, he pushed back and schooled them. If the Cavs don't turn the ball over like fools because of the inexperience/exhaustion is not even close.

The fans will also provide a lot of energy to the Cavs and the role players are taking their chances.

Here, have a useless ESPN stat

CHHLIb1XIAApMzl.png

I guess we'll see. It's not like the Warriors won't be dealing with the same fatigue and the pressure of being behind in a series that all th "experts" had the dominating.

You want to know the difference between Golden State and Cleveland, fatigue wise?

Golden State has a bench.

Cleveland has Mike Miller!

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
I think I'll boycott the NBA if the Lebronaviers win the Finals. I swear. I can't stand seeing this cocky, lying, dishonest scum WIN after backstabbing Pat Riley and the Heat organization who took him under their wing and welcomed him with open arms.

karma, where art thou?
Oh stop it. It's time to move on. Dickery usually wins in sports. Sometimes it goes your way sometimes it doesn't. If things go our way, we can have a formidable squad ourselves next season.

I agree with this and mostly the reason why I agree is because they have been to the championships before, so they know what they need to do to win. Unfortunately they lost to the Clippers but if they were here now and if they were able to beat the Rockets, then Golden State would really have the real test. I feel like when they went against the Rockets it wasn't as structured as going against the Spurs, who are almost identical to the same offensive momentum GS uses. So it would have been really interesting to see what would happen if the Spurs went against Golden State in their conference finals.
Judging by the way the Warriors are getting bullied in the post, if healthy, I think they could have had a real good chance of getting past them. Doesn't really matter though since they were banged up, out of sync, and got knocked out on Paul's miracle jumper.

scabro

lebron is insane right now

and delly plays with such intensity. Really good 4th quarter, hopefully curry comes out hot next game and we get another crazy back and forth struggle.

I guess we'll see. It's not like the Warriors won't be dealing with the same fatigue and the pressure of being behind in a series that all th "experts" had the dominating.

Warriors are playing less minute by the man. Lebron already started cramping up this game and Del just looks like he's lumbering down the court sometimes chasing Curry. Maybe part of the reason why Curry had a better 2nd half.

Fatigue is always a factor.

random25

I still think the Warriors are in it coming into game 4. With the way they ended the game, I think they don't feel down or shook. Curry, albeit too late, still managed to redeem himself after dismal 3 quarters and ended with a pretty good stat line. But turnovers late still pretty much is his problem. They need him to juice up the Warriors offense early in order for the other guys to keep going.

As for the Cavs, they just need to continue what they are doing. Slow the pace down, make everything a grind, and force the offense away from Curry and just let any other player kill you. They also need another guy to be a consistent scoring help to LeBron.

Not at all. I'm born and raised in Cleveland. Get your political correct bullshit outta here. There is NOTHING OFFENSIVE about what he did. You are just a Lebron hater like everyone else
Wow, you're not being sarcastic, you're actually too dense to get the obvious sarcasm, that's hilarious.

Mxrz

karma, where art thou?

LeBron feeds on hate tho. You guys should know this. All the people collectively hate watching formed a karmatic hateball that went back in time and gave birth to Delly.

I still think the Warriors are in it coming into game 4. With the way they ended the game, I think they don't feel down or shook. Curry, albeit too late, still managed to redeem himself after dismal 3 quarters and ended with a pretty good stat line. But turnovers late still pretty much is his problem. They need him to juice up the Warriors offense early in order for the other guys to keep going.

As for the Cavs, they just need to continue what they are doing. Slow the pace down, make everything a grind, and force the offense away from Curry and just let any other player kill you. They also need another guy to be a consistent scoring help to LeBron.

Pretty much all rests on the start of the game. That's the only thing they haven't been able to do yet.

Come on man, can we be reasonable for once?

Yeah, can we?

Are people still picking the Cavs? Haha wow.
I look forward to your delusions being shattered when reality hits home and the Cavs look like an average team when they finally come up against proper competition.
lol, cavs supporters grasp at everything that isn't metrics and stats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom