• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NBA Finals |OT| the deli is closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimrpg

I was wondering do you guys think the scheduling of the breaks between games makes any difference?

There were 3 days between games 1 and 2 giving extra time for the away team (Cleveland) to adjust.

There were then 2 days to adjust between Games 2 and 3 and 4 meaning less practice to get things right.

There's 3 days between Games 4 and 5.

Then 2 days to Game 6 and then 3 days to Game 7.

Everytime it goes back to GS there's 3 days. I know its kinda soft to complain about the scheduling but why don't they make it fairer.

IKj7KeW_zpsfein2fck.jpg

My goodness

It has to take a miracle to break MJ's 172 points in 4 games against the Suns in 93'.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
You fired everything you had and still lost the game. The dubs even gave up with a bunch of time left on the clock. They play with too much entitlement except david lee who was doing all those things that don't show on the stats.

Plus on the other side LeBron is having none of that. When the dubs pushed, he pushed back and schooled them. If the Cavs don't turn the ball over like fools because of the inexperience/exhaustion is not even close.

The fans will also provide a lot of energy to the Cavs and the role players are taking their chances.

They fired everything they had and missed almost everything until they gained some confidence. Cavs play good D but the Warriors missed a ton of shots they normally make at a higher percentage.

Warriors are playing less minute by the man. Lebron already started cramping up this game and Del just looks like he's lumbering down the court sometimes chasing Curry. Maybe part of the reason why Curry had a better 2nd half.

Fatigue is always a factor.

Believe me, I am not saying it won't be a factor. I am just not convinced that adrenaline and the opportunity to do something that hardly anybody thought was possible won't push them though it.

I don't even think that the Warriors are in trouble yet. However if the Cavs find a way to take game 4...

Jonm1010

Banned
Please go back and peep my posts where I established long before this series even started that the warriors are bar none the best team in the league.

You also seem to be confusing me for a Cavs fan, which is another mistake. Or mistaking that I ever proclaimed the Cavs would win this series. I have a small post history. I never once said that.

I'm just saying that proclaiming that "Curry has found his confidence" (as if confidence is responsible for him being a great player and the lack of it is somehow responsible for him not being one, as if the Cavs haven't been playing great defense on him) and that the warriors have suddenly "figured it out schematically" (LMAO) is asinine. Schematics isn't what lost them 2 games.

Adjustments are what is going to change next game. Kerr is on right now saying essentially what I am saying. They recognize the way Lee is able to help Curry counteract the trap on the high screen and in the pick and roll. Lee is going to get more minutes because he has managed to essentially add a wrinkle the Cavs haven't been able to effectively counter yet. Iggy is clearly going to take a majority of Barnes minutes and even in the second half you could see Kerr had a quick trigger on pulling Barnes. I expect that trigger will get pulled even faster. With Iggy in he has average 5-6 assists and can be the secondary facilitator if Curry is struglling with the traps. Like Memphis they have clearly identified some areas where they have an opening to potentially find life and possibly find an advantage.

I don't know how many times I need to explain to you the ways the Warriors have managed to now identify and found areas of adjustment to get their bearings schematically. I never said they have figured it out schematically, I said they have figured things out schematically. Quit mis-quoting my words and taking them out of context.

GamerSoul

Some of the...interesting post in here really make the wait between games a lot more entertaining. So I thank you and all your crazy fandom. :)

ampere

Gods among mere mortals
eBay Huckster
KefkaPalazzo
Dreams-Visions
thehypocrite
Outdoor Miner
ciaossu
Godslay
random25
Kastrioti
Grassy

You know how we do.

To be fair I didn't see this ferocity coming pre-series. I figured Cleveland would only win 2 of their 3 home games and probably lose in 6.

I feel like everyone should just follow my shining example.

I'm like the Swiss. I'm impartial.

Except I love JR Smith and his fuckball antics.

...wait

Pretty much all rests on the start of the game. That's the only thing they haven't been able to do yet.
They got within 1 point at the end, dude. If they can't find it within them to take the game then, it casts doubts on them more serious than "we had a bad start." I'm not saying they won't come back looking fresh on Thursday, but this is not just the dubs shaking out the nerves -- they're really confused as to how to play this Cavs team.

Drudging up posts and the series isn't even over yet? TT over Green is not exactly a monumental difference considering Thompson has scored what? 4 points a game?

Jimrpg

Kerr leaves it really fucking late to make his adjustments. It's like he needs to be absolutely convinced whatever plan he was on is definitely not working before he makes a move.

Warriors were down 2-1 against Grizzlies exactly the same way because Kerr didn't make a move in Game 3. I'm annoyed but not too worried, I expect Kerr doesn't want to reveal all his moves until the last possible moment. It's not much to have confidence in but its all I've got.

If Kerr can play David Lee more, they've got a chance, he's still one of the best pick and roll finishers in the NBA. Who on the Cavs can stop him on a pick and roll? No-one. They will just have to live with his defense on Mozgov which is fine by me. That is a definite edge to the warriors. David Lee a +17 thru one and a bit quarters. That's telling.

Wonder if Kerr is going to play David Lee more next game. Should be interesting to see.

Lee gets 30+ min per game and the Warriors win this series. He changes the dynamic of the offense enough from Splash Bros + mediocre wings to make a difference and the Cavs have too few players to adjust effectively. If Lee continues to get burn, Warriors win.

wmlk

Yes, Thompson is better than Green for this series.

Hope you see it now. It won't change with the pace being the way it is.

Drudging up posts and the series isn't even over yet? TT over Green is not exactly a monumental different considering Thompson has scored what? 4 points a game?

Every god damn one of your posts in the lead-up to this series on either subject was acting like Green would blow Thompson out of the water and that Golden State would be up 3-0 with none of the games being close.

And you're complaining to SOMEONE ELSE about being "reasonable".

Shut the fuck up.

Yurikerr

This post isn't by me, it's by a guy with the same username as me.
What i find incredible is the inability that some people have in admitting that Cleveland is playing an amazing series. That they are pushing Curry and co into the missing shots and low scores.

The 2 games games that GSW lost the comments were: "Cleveland is f*, GS played badly and still almost won", "GS got on fire on the 4th, they figured the other team. Now is gonna be a blowout".

Common, they are a 2 man team now. And they are winning the series against the best team. The way some posters talk looks like GS is just letting Cleveland win.

A 2 point win on overtime count the same as the Bulls-Bucks massacre.

They fired everything they had and missed almost everything until they gained some confidence. Cavs play good D but the Warriors missed a ton of shots they normally make at a higher percentage.

Confidence is a monster that feeds on execution, intensity & will.

Take a look at LeBron if you need an example.

Spinluck

Game 4 is always the most important game of any nba final.

I think it comes down to the wire, Cavs have proven they cannot blow out and hold on to leads for shit.

If Golden State ever gets a 20pt lead Cavs ain't coming back. But the only way I see a blow out happening is if it's GS dropping the points. I can't remember a single time they've held a significant lead outside of Game 1 OT when the Cavs were running on fucking nothing.

random25

Pretty much all rests on the start of the game. That's the only thing they haven't been able to do yet.

Yeah. Through all three games the Warriors are playing catch-up until the final minutes of the game. That's just not going to work all the time. They need to start pouring the points in the early parts of the game because that's their advantage over the Cavs and they are not doing that.

Jonm1010

Banned
Kerr leaves it really fucking late to make his adjustments. It's like he needs to be absolutely convinced whatever plan he was on is definitely not working before he makes a move.

Warriors were down 2-1 against Grizzlies exactly the same way because Kerr didn't make a move in Game 3. I'm annoyed but not too worried, I expect Kerr doesn't want to reveal all his moves until the last possible moment. It's not much to have confidence in but its all I've got.

If Kerr can play David Lee more, they've got a chance, he's still one of the best pick and roll finishers in the NBA. Who on the Cavs can stop him on a pick and roll? No-one. They will just have to live with his defense on Mozgov which is fine by me. That is a definite edge to the warriors. David Lee a +17 thru one and a bit quarters. That's telling.
Kerr seemed like he recognized pretty well what needs to be adjusted next game without completely revealing his cards.

I fully expect Kerr to have Iggy either starting or coming in quick if Barnes struggles and Lee coming in with regularity, especially if Curry struggles with traps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom