• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NBA Finals |OT| the deli is closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spinluck

As opposed to everyone's posts before this series started? Didn't someone here say Warriors were getting their asses stomped in games 1 and 2? Each game has been close.

Like I said, always about me.

Don't be trying to play victim brah.

I expect you to go back to posting like that after Cavs lose Game 4. Lmao

Every god damn one of your posts in the lead-up to this series on either subject was acting like Green would blow Thompson out of the water and that Golden State would be up 3-0 with none of the games being close.

And you're complaining to SOMEONE ELSE about being "reasonable".

Shut the fuck up.
I see you really want to rub in the fact that the Cavs are up.

So no one ever makes posts like that? Hell, the second quote is in response to a guy saying "all you delusional cavs haters" or something to that sort. I see it's still all about me though.

I'm not picking sides. I'm enjoying all of the bullshit slinging. All of the other Juniors have been set to Ignore.

Either way, neither team is the Knicks so my fucks are not given to either team, but I wanna see great basketball, JR antics, and Refs not fucking up calls when they have a FUCKING REPLAY CENTER!

wmlk

HastyPleasedGoral.gif

Is this the pinnacle?

Jonm1010

Banned
What i find incredible is the inability that some people have in admitting that Cleveland is playing an amazing series. That they are pushing Curry and co into the missing shots and low scores.

The 2 games games that GSW lost the comments were: "Cleveland is f*, GS played badly and still almost won", "GS got on fire on the 4th, they figured the other team. Now is gonna be a blowout".

Common, they are a 2 man team now. And they are winning the series against the best team. The way some posters talk looks like GS is just letting Cleveland win.

A 2 point win on overtime count the same as the Bulls-Bucks massacre.

That is what is concerning if you are a Cavs fan, they are a 2 man team.

however that 2 man team has completely embarrassed the regular season champs. And Blatt has shown the ability to adjust to others adjustments and Lebron seems to be on a mission and being an alpha like he has never alphaed before and that has to scare the fuck out of people.!

I personally just think the Cavs lack the tools to adjust further if the Warriors find life. That is my concern for them. If the Warriors can find a way to score 100 the Cavs are in trouble.

However if the Cavs can pull off dominating the early goings of the next game on Thursday I think the series is over. The Warriors found som confidence but that is fragile and hearing Curry speaking he still sounds a bit confused on what he was doing wrong early in the game.

I'm not picking sides. I'm enjoying all of the bullshit slinging. All of the other Juniors have been set to Ignore.

Either way, neither team is the Knicks so my fucks are not given to either team, but I wanna see great basketball, JR antics, and Refs not fucking up calls when they have a FUCKING REPLAY CENTER!
We're going to be 2016 champions. Believe!!

Don't be trying to play victim brah.

I expect you to go back to posting like that after Cavs lose Game 4. Lmao

Like I said man, I'm here win or lose and I call it like I see it. I don't change either way and I still think Cavs lose and Lebron is unlikeable, so don't expect meltdowns or personal attacks no matter the outcomes. But reasonable discussion is something I have been doing the entire time posting actual stats and info.

If you want me to be a straight up hater like champagne saying fuck this fuck that that's not really my style.

I was wondering do you guys think the scheduling of the breaks between games makes any difference?

There were 3 days between games 1 and 2 giving extra time for the away team (Cleveland) to adjust.

There were then 2 days to adjust between Games 2 and 3 and 4 meaning less practice to get things right.

There's 3 days between Games 4 and 5.

Then 2 days to Game 6 and then 3 days to Game 7.

Everytime it goes back to GS there's 3 days. I know its kinda soft to complain about the scheduling but why don't they make it fairer.

considering the health of the Cleveland squad....yes, it is soft as fuck to complain about scheduling. 1 game breaks heavily favor GS, who is by and large very healthy right now. Compare with...well, you already know.

demolitio

Lol Cleveland... Its just Game 3

Can't celebrate a win after being counted out by 90% of the media? Hell, you saw it in this thread.

Hell, there's still people not giving credit to the Cavs' defense because of what happened in the 4th quarter when the entire team was gassed because they have no bench left...

It's suspect as shit that the NBA built that Replay Center and pulled Steve Javie outta retirement for current refs to sometimes say "Nah fuck it. We're right."

They could've just as easily called a travel on LBJ as he was fouled AFTER reviewing that play from Game 2.

Why is the officiating so fucking bad for these games?

basically. I put that one on Lebron should have drove on that last play instead of stepback jumper... he let them off the hook. You have to put pressure on them defensively to stop your 6 foot 8 250 pounds of driving and posting up force. Please Lebron stop shooting 3's

Or it could be 2-1 Warriors if they had done a lot of things differently in game 2. Doesn't change anything in the end.

What makes LeBron "unlikeable"?

He doesn't have DUIs
He hasn't cheated on his wife
He hasn't been dinged for any domestic violence charges
In interviews he talks about the team
He puts his money where his mouth is.
He isn't taking illegal substances

Like I'm still confused as to why people find him unlikeable? Is it because he's good? What makes him bad even?

Spinluck

basically. I put that one on Lebron should have drove on that last play instead of stepback jumper... he let them off the hook. You have to put pressure on them defensively to stop your 6 foot 8 250 pounds of driving and posting up force. Please Lebron stop shooting 3's

Even in this game he took some silly ones, but from what I've seen he's cutback a lot from just chucking it up.

He's "unlikable" because the media turned him into Jesus so everyone thinks he's overrated no matter how well he plays. And everyone eats that shit for breakfast.

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
If I'm one of the dudes who called for Cleveland to win in a blowout, I'd be PISSED

I said it'd be close but they'd pull away in the last couple minutes and win by ~10. I didn't necessarily mean blowout but I got put in the blowout camp. I'm sure there are prizes for winners and I want my God damn prize.

Fury451

Banned

He doesn't have DUIs

Like I'm still confused as to why people find him unlikeable? Is it because he's good? What makes him bad even?

There's an ancient saying applicable here:

"Haters shall hateth."

Real reason is probably overexposure. But that is dismissive of the raw talent he has.

He doesn't have DUIs

He's unlikable the same way people thought Reggie Jackson was unlikable when he became a NY Yankee in the 1970s.

When you're a good player and you use free agency to your advantage, people don't like that.

demolitio

Yup. That one was ridiculous. Or hell, give Kyrie the ball who has a better shot and was in a nice rhythm. He could decide to take the shot or drive and get a foul if need-be since they'll call it more on a small guy getting hit.

And his dribbling out the shot clock every possession in EVERY game where they're up big annoys me as well since it takes your teammates out of rhythm and lets your opponents regather as he just stands around with it and hopes to make a long jumper.

Can't complain too much for all he does but he definitely makes mistakes as well, but you can tell they're exhausted by the time the 4th quarter starts, especially in this series.

Let them have their moment man, no one could have seen this coming. But telling people to shut the fuck up is pretty crazy after game 3. Can't it wait until they're 3-1 or winners?

In fact, didn't that Ebay guy pick Warriors in 6?
That's what it really boils down to. A lot of people were rooting for the Warriors.
Did you accidentally quote me? How is that rubbing anything in?
Yeah, my bad. Sometimes multi quoting on mobile screws up.
right, because no one should challenge the word "reasonable" coming from the keyboard of someone who's been anything but for at least the past month
Telling him to shut the fuck up is a bit harsh, no?

Spinluck

He doesn't have DUIs

I do admit he's done some dumb things before he matured a little bit more, but yeah, a lot of it is blown way out of proportion. No superstar is an angel lol.

If anything JR Smith is the most unlikeable on the team.

Jonm1010

Banned

He doesn't have DUIs

woah, whoah, whoah...Lets not get crazy now! Last I checked HGH is illegal.

....anyways, it mostly stems from the "King James" marketing, the media worship, The Decision and the "not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4, not 5..." bullshit. But I agree, he is a good guy. He earned a lot of respect from me(even though he still had plenty from me) when he went back home to Cleveland.

He's unlikable because the media turned him into Jesus so everyone thinks he's overrated no matter how well he plays.

He isn't Jesus and it sounds like people are just pressed that whoever they like isn't the BEST and treated as if they were Jesus . I assume Jordan received the same level of hate but I'm sure people knew he was good and the hate for him usually was for stuff mostly outside of basketball.

Idk, hate the man because he does something vile, but to be mad at the media for telling it like it is when he shows them like it is, is so lame. His performance speaks volumes and that's something that the media doesn't need to even give air to. I just don't get it.

While Curry got his stroke his stupid turnovers led to 5 point swing in the most crucial time in that game .

All the momentum was on the Warriors side and those were so costly. Oh and that foul on del for the 3pt play.

It's like a double edged sword

Yurikerr

This post isn't by me, it's by a guy with the same username as me.
That is what is concerning if you are a Cavs fan, they are a 2 man team.

however that 2 man team has completely embarrassed the regular season champs. And Blatt has shown the ability to adjust to others adjustments and Lebron seems to be on a mission and being an alpha like he has never alphaed before and that has to scare the fuck out of people.!

I personally just think the Cavs lack the tools to adjust further if the Warriors find life. That is my concern for them. If the Warriors can find a way to score 100 the Cavs are in trouble.

However if the Cavs can pull off dominating the early goings of the next game on Thursday I think the series is over. The Warriors found som confidence but that is fragile and hearing Curry speaking he still sounds a bit confused on what he was doing wrong early in the game.

Yeah, right now i think Cavs have a big problem with the fatigue, but think about it, that's the only problem right now. They are 2-1 and have the change to get match point on a home game.

If they lose they get back to Oakland tied with GS, they can lose and still tie the series again at home.

Sure, if GS wins two in a row the momentum will be huge, but for Cleveland, the team that was going to get nuked by the Splash bros, losing the title winning 2 games and giving GSW a headache should be a reason to be proud.

I don't have a favorite team, but this GSW = unbeatable dream team mentality is really getting me mad. They are losing because the other team is playing well, just accept it.

I do admit he's done some dumb things before he matured a little bit more, but yeah, a lot of it is blown way out of proportion. No superstar is an angel lol.

If anything JR Smith is the most unlikeable on the team.

Don't talk shit about my boy JR.

JR-Smith-GIF.gif

He's got stuff. Just gotta mash on the Turbo button to get it out of him.

He isn't Jesus and it sounds like people are just pressed that whoever they like isn't the BEST and treated as if they were Jesus . I assume Jordan received the same level of hate but I'm sure people knew he was good and the hate for him usually was for stuff mostly outside of basketball.

Idk, hate the man because he does something vile, but to be mad at the media for telling it like it is when he shows them like it is, is so lame. His performance speaks volumes and that's something that the media doesn't need to even give air to. I just don't get it.
Preach girl

He doesn't have DUIs

I root against lebron and I don't really have anything against him personally. I just find it more fun if he loses because it makes the league more dynamic and unpredictable rather than jumping on the Bron bandwagon. He's clearly.the best player in the world and if he isn't dominating he always has to prove himself.

Mxrz

He doesn't have DUIs

Most of it is Jordan threatening. He came into the league pretty hyped up. Doesn't play in Boston/LA/Chicago, has beat about everyone. Poisoned the well in Cleveland and later Miami (somehow.)

Its pretty irrational. Most legit one is the ref complaining, but that ignores about every all star doing that.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
woah, whoah, whoah...Lets not get crazy now! Last I checked HGH is illegal.

....anyways, it mostly stems from the "King James" marketing, the media worship, The Decision and the "not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4, not 5..." bullshit. But I agree, he is a good guy. He earned a lot of respect from me(even though he still had plenty from me) when he went back home to Cleveland.

Let's not pretend that he went back to Cleveland for any reason other than to play for a better team and to repair his image. Wade was DONE in that last finals. DONE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom