• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NBA Finals |OT| the deli is closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLAguy954

He's over thinking and not hustling on defense. And he is trying to bait fouls when he drives instead of driving hard and trying to finish. And he isn't catching boards. Sick of seeing him.

You nailed it. He is so annoying to watch. He has absolutely no basketball IQ in this series.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Still think the Warriors win this series. I think they got over their intimidation in the 4th and CLE will be battling bug time fatique from here on out. That being said, Lebron is so good. He's amazing. Second greatest player ever already and if he somwhow wins this one and 1 more I'm prepared to put him at one.

Jonm1010

Banned
yes how coincidental that the Warriors suddenly instantly figured everything out because david lee made some nice plays and curry made a few nice threes when the game was already over and the warriors were busy playing the foul game with under a minute left when the same 8 players that have been playing every minute of every game for the cavs were exhausted as shit

lol they've made a schematic revolution because it's now clear to start putting lee in some more?

I'm shocked

really

this is revolutionary

Kerr is going to put himself in the basketball hall of fame thanks to this late-game epiphany to *gasp* put in david lee when barnes is playing like a d-leaguer

You act like the Warriors are some scrub team? They have two of the best shooters, one of the best coaching staffs and arguably the best depth in the league. They aren't just gonna roll over. They aren't going to revert back to their game 2 performance. People forget that this is the SAME trajectory that happened against Memphis - a similar defensive, half court team - where Memphis went up 2-1 and the Warriors slowly figured out where the changes needed to happen and after adjustments they were off and running.

Barnes is a non-factor and you know that now. Iggy has been big defending Lebron and is shooting 60% on the series and roughly 40% from three. You have a weapon in Lee that can come in if someone is struggling and Klay and Curry have found their confidence.

You now have a bearing on where to gameplan offensively and defensively( who is succeeding, who is failing, who has success defensively and who needs to be switched out)and how to adjust and when, which they didn't have. On the other hand you have the Cavs that is literally 2 guys carrying them and only a day of rest in between outings. You don't really have any tools or new exploits to jump on except the gameplan at hand.

Downplay things all you want but if you expect this Warriors team to come out next game and shit the bed for 3 quarters I think you are getting your hopes up.

The guy is the worst "MVP" of the last decade. He's a midget guard with a decent shot, some quicks and nice handles. That's about it.

man-sit-yo.jpg

I feel like people who hate LeBron don't understand how smart he is. He knows where to win, how to win, how to get calls, how to make a shit ton of money doing all of it. He's the best at what he does & no one in the NBA comes close.

Agreed. Tonight will go down as the greatest 41% shooting performance in history.

Kobe must have been treated like a God early on in the season

tough game. I'd really like to know why Dellavaova wasn't on Steph for the first half of Q4. It gave him too many opportunities to go 1 on 1 against Thompson. That can't happen.

Curry was great in Q4. That said, unless they're going to continue setting triple screens to get him open looks (and consequently forfeiting any misses by default), he won't do that in Game 4. I have to assume Delly just needed some rest for a few minutes. Hopefully Blatt learned that he can't give him that sort of rest. Nobody else can stay somewhat attached to Steph except maybe LBJ.

I like our chances more in Game 4 than I did tonight. I hope JR doesn't disappear again in Q4 but it's a pattern in the Finals. Blatt will also have to figure out how to deal with the new wrinkle that is David Lee, who was picking us apart.

gg, Warriors.

You act like the Warriors are some scrub team? They have two of the best shooters, one of the best coaching staffs and arguably the best depth in the league. They aren't just gonna roll over. They aren't going to revert back to their game 2 performance. People forget that this is the SAME trajectory that happened against Memphis - a similar defensive, half court team - where Memphis went up 2-1 and the Warriors slowly figured out where the changes needed to happen and after adjustments they were off and running.

Barnes is a non-factor and you know that now. Iggy has been big defending Lebron and is shooting 60% on the series and roughly 40% from three. You have a weapon in Lee that can come in if someone is struggling and Klay and Curry have found their confidence.

You now have a bearing on where to gameplan which they didn't have and you have a Cavs team that is literally 2 guys carrying them and only a day of rest in between outings.

Downplay things all you want but if you expect this Warriors team to come out next game and shit the bed for 3 quarters I think you are getting your hopes up.

Damn, I thought this was a 2 days break between games but just noticed it's on Thursday. That makes things a bit more interesting.

Spinluck

Still think the Warriors win this series. I think they got over their intimidation in the 4th and CLE will be battling bug time fatique from here on out. That being said, Lebron is so good. He's amazing. Second greatest player ever already and if he somwhow wins this one and 1 more I'm prepared to put him at one.

I don't think this at all.

Cavs slipped up and they caught a little fire, Curry has yet to play a full game either way.

No matter what, it just seems that the games will be close regardless. But if GS ever got up by 20pts the Cavs ain't coming back.

Thing is though, Cavs might not let that happen at all.

Same here. At first I didn't care who won, but watching him climb this insurmountable mountain is making me want him to win. But I hate it so much cause Gilbert and the shitty Cleveland fans. I'd only be happy for LeBron and the true fans that aren't two faced assholes.

I'm feeling this too. I can't be mad at him, it's absolute greatness. I was bitter when he wanted a younger team, replace what we had here, but he lost all that to injury and now it's basically just him.

I'm still rooting for GS but if Lebron wins it I will be fine with it.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Dellavedova isn't worth that Jeremy Lin type hype money but if the Cavs and the city of Cleveland get a championship out of this, you say fuck it and pay the man.

And build a statue of him and Lebron outside of the stadium.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
I think I'll boycott the NBA if the Lebronaviers win the Finals. I swear. I can't stand seeing this cocky, lying, dishonest scum WIN after backstabbing Pat Riley and the Heat organization who took him under their wing and welcomed him with open arms.

karma, where art thou?

Damn, I thought this was a 2 days break between games but just noticed it's on Thursday. That makes things a bit more interesting.

I think Cleveland are fucked for Thursday. They need rest.

My main concern would be Delly over LeBron, though. LeBron seems like can take it. Delly's probably going to kill himself launching himself headfirst at a ball to keep it in play at this rate

So Cleveland wins. Good game I guess

However, I just want to bring back something that we discussed here.

What stats was GS leading in that made it very clear they have an advantage, because I think these last few game proves that once again, stats do not matter when heart and hunger prevail all.

GS is hungry, but not hungry enough. It only proves that maybe the West isn't as brilliant as everyone says they are if through all of that trial and tribulations, nothing on the west has tested Golden State for this juggernaut. Using the East is easy as an excuse can't work either because Cavs are going against the best team in the league and it feels like they came more prepared even if their conference was "weak".

Obviously the series isn't over and GS needs to comeback, and I think they can, but I also think they should stop resting on pretty and start getting dirty. Starting grinding and playing like they NEED this win for their hometown. LeBron is putting his team and his city on his back, when will Curry and the gang?

overcast

I think I'll boycott the NBA if the Lebronaviers win the Finals. I swear. I can't stand seeing this cocky, lying, dishonest scum WIN after backstabbing Pat Riley and the Heat organization who took him under their wing and welcomed him with open arms.
Lmfaoooo

tough game. I'd really like to know why Dellavaova wasn't on Steph for the first half of Q4. It gave him too many opportunities to go 1 on 1 against Thompson. That can't happen.

Curry was great in Q4. That said, unless they're going to continue setting triple screens to get him open looks (and consequently forfeiting any misses by default), he won't do that in Game 4. I have to assume Delly just needed some rest for a few minutes. Hopefully Blatt learned that he can't give him that sort of rest. Nobody else can stay somewhat attached to Steph except maybe LBJ.

I like our chances more in Game 4 than I did tonight. I hope JR doesn't disappear again in Q4 but it's a pattern in the Finals. Blatt will also have to figure out how to deal with the new wrinkle that is David Lee, who was picking us apart.

gg, Warriors.

I don't know man, I felt like the opposite could happen even though I picked Warriors to win both. The emotion of game 3 gives a big boost but game 4 is the make or break game. Both teams will need it.

I still think the Cavs win next game. These dubs are shook.

karma, where art thou?

Karma doesn't exist.

Redd

So Cleveland wins. Good game I guess

However, I just want to bring back something that we discussed here.

What stats was GS leading in that made it very clear they have an advantage, because I think these last few game proves that once again, stats do not matter when heart and hunger prevail all.

GS is hungry, but not hungry enough. It only proves that maybe the West isn't as brilliant as everyone says they are if through all of that trial and tribulations, nothing on the west has tested Golden State for this juggernaut. Using the East is easy as an excuse can't work either because Cavs are going against the best team in the league and it feels like they came more prepared even if their conference was "weak".

Obviously the series isn't over and GS needs to comeback, and I think they can, but I also think they should stop resting on pretty and start getting dirty. Starting grinding and playing like they NEED this win for their hometown. LeBron is putting his team and his city on his back, when will Curry and the gang?

I still think the Spurs would've beat this Cavs team in 5 games without breaking a sweat. They can play a grind it out defensive game if they have to.

Champagne

Banned

You now have a bearing on where to gameplan and how to adjust and when, which they didn't have and you have a Cavs team that is literally 2 guys carrying them and only a day of rest in between outings.

Please go back and peep my posts where I established long before this series even started that the warriors are bar none the best team in the league.

You also seem to be confusing me for a Cavs fan, which is another mistake. Or mistaking that I ever proclaimed the Cavs would win this series. I have a small post history. I never once said that.

I'm just saying that proclaiming that "Curry has found his confidence" (as if confidence is responsible for him being a great player and the lack of it is somehow responsible for him not being one, as if the Cavs haven't been playing great defense on him) and that the warriors have suddenly "figured it out schematically" (LMAO) is asinine. Schematics isn't what lost them 2 games.

Ralemont

not me

karma, where art thou?

Oh yes, the Heat did such a charity to LeBron, letting him come to Miami.

I think Cleveland are fucked for Thursday. They need rest.

My main concern would be Delly over LeBron, though. LeBron seems like can take it. Delly's probably going to kill himself launching himself headfirst at a ball to keep it in play at this rate

I thought they'd be in trouble tonight but got it done. I'm sure adrenaline will win out over fatigue, few more games and everybody's done for the year. I expect the same level of intensity on Thursday.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
I still think the Cavs win next game. These dubs are shook.
Nah. They were. No doubt about it. Fourth quarter got them going. They hit half the open jumpers they missed tonight and this game isn't close. We'll see. I could be wrong.

Spinluck

Cavs inability to just close out has kept GS in this now that I think about it. Could come back to bite them, you don't want so many close calls. Della was Lebron's Robin tonight, dude wanted it more than anyone of GS. Bar Lebron, they lose without Della tonight.

It was crazy to see GS of all teams at one point in the second half hesitate and shy away from the 3 ball. Their confidence was that shook.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom