• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NBA Finals |OT| the deli is closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally guarantee a Warriors win on Thursday. Book it playboys. If not, then you can thank me, the biggest Cavs fan of all, for the best reverse jinx since Branduil.

Delly apparently too cramped to do post game. D'oh.

Is there a more significant word for guarantee? Double guaranteed after this.

The whining and flopping is definitely at the top of the list as to why he's unlikable for a lot of folks. It's embarrassing.

Ahem:

kobe-flop-o.gif

He's not the only Superstar to do it.

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
Out of all the league's superstars, I think LeBron is the most justified in his whining. And, yes, they all whine for foul calls. Frankly, they'd be stupid not to. LeBron is a freak and gets legitimately mugged on the regular. Refs don't know what to do when LeBron goes to the basket.

I can't believe this series has me defending LeBron so damn much. This dude ripped my heart out a few years ago and my life has been without meaning ever since.

I personally guarantee a Warriors win on Thursday. Book it playboys. If not, then you can thank me, the biggest Cavs fan of all, for the best reverse jinx since Branduil.

If this series has taught me anything, it's to bet against whatever you're betting on. Although, you have been unashamedly betting on your team since the beginning so you're bound to be right at some point...

What makes LeBron "unlikeable"?

He doesn't have DUIs
He hasn't cheated on his wife
He hasn't been dinged for any domestic violence charges
In interviews he talks about the team
He puts his money where his mouth is.
He isn't taking illegal substances

Like I'm still confused as to why people find him unlikeable? Is it because he's good? What makes him bad even?
I don't hate Lebron as a human being. He's actually the rare athlete that lives up to the role model expectation hoisted upon him.

I hate watch Lebron because we wasted our offseason on Danny flippin Granger, Shawne flippin Williams, paying Bosh a fuck ton of money, drafting Shabazz Napier because Lebron said he was his favorite player in the draft, and flying Pat Riley out to meet with Lebron all to appease the guy when he was brainstorming what he wanted in the Sports Illustrated essay before Riley even hopped on the plane.

The motherfuckers put you in position to win, took on all that toxic ass hate you brought with you, and you leave em high and dry Cleveland style. Pat Riley and Mikey Arison found out he was leaving at the same time everybody else did when the SI article went up. That's what I don't like about the guy.

Reggie Miller is the greatest shooter in NBA history.

Steph is better. He's shattering every 3 point record realistically possible for him to shatter at this point in his career He has 1st, 2nd, and 5th most threes in a season, most 3s in a single playoffs, won the 3 point contest, all while shooting 44% from behind the arc for his career (Reggie shot 40%).

He also is better than reggie with the eye test. The level of difficulty on so many of the shots Curry routinely makes is ridiculous. No question he's the best (are on track to be the best) 3 point shooter in history.

Steph is better. He's shattering every 3 point record realistically possible for him to shatter at this point in his career He has 1st, 2nd, and 5th most threes in a season, most 3s in a single playoffs, won the 3 point contest, all while shooting 44% from behind the arc for his career (Reggie shot 40%).

He also is better than reggie with the eye test. The level of difficulty on so many of the shots Curry routinely makes is ridiculous. No question he's the best (are on track to be the best) 3 point shooter in history.
Reggie Miller would not have missed a wide open threepointer when the ball is thrown right to him late in a big game.

Really odd that you completely left out The hour long special The Decision, using the Boys and Girls Club as a shield, "not 5, not 6, not 7"

"I'll be taking my talents to Cleveland"

The whining and flopping from one of the strongest players in the game.

But hey, keep rewriting the narrative.

Welp, I guess I can say something on these

His decision special was just as dumb as waiting a whole day for the arrival of Tim Tebow as a backup QB for the Jets. but the difference between the two, imo is, LeBron moving was a big deal - he is a star player and fans were making murals for his arrival in LA, NYC etc. I can't remember to much but was anyone expecting Miami?

Boys and Girls Club was an extremely charitable thing regardless of the decision. That was promo for an already struggling after school program in his hometown with more money in their pockets if I remember it clearly, was great. Is there any other BB player that would use their media Hype for something like that

Whining and Flopping is hypocritical based on the fact it is Basketball 101 and every player does it, but once again his stats show that Flopping and whinning isn't even near 95% of what he does to be great... It's more like 2%.

Who cares what he said when he was on the heat. I'm sure Dwayne was thinking that way too until he got so comfortable that he stopped playing. So, yeah, I'd take my ass back home too. But I think this is all hogwash and barely something that sounds unlikeable.

Kacar

Except for OT game 1 GS has not led after a quarter/OT. They have also only led for a total of 27 minutes the entire series. So it's possible that the Cavs are just better, GS did just have their 1st 30 point quarter so maybe that's something.

I think the winner of game 4 wins the series. LeBron is incredible and I forgive his "chill mode" start to the season which had me pissed.

My main worry is fatigue, We need a big JR game on Thursday. LeBron cramps would be the worst way to lose.

Think a series win here puts him easily in top 3 all time.

but you know its going to come up. If lebron and co win the finals it wont be that lebron and co won... it would be steph and co didnt show up and the championship basically wasn't "won"

I don't really see how this wouldn't be accurate.

I'd also be in favor of tossing out the entire NBA season, because if the Warriors lose it's clear there wasn't a single decent team in the entire league. Just start over fresh next year, maybe reshuffle the playoff seedings, etc.

cyborg009

Banned
So if Cleveland wins what city does the drought go to. Also what's the requirement do you have to have at least 3 teams or less.

but you know its going to come up. If lebron and co win the finals it wont be that lebron and co won... it would be steph and co didnt show up and the championship basically wasn't "won"

Well he's missing 3 of his starters and has a bunch of decaying vets on the bench...

beasty

The motherfuckers put you in position to win, took on all that toxic ass hate you brought with you, and you leave em high and dry Cleveland style. Pat Riley and Mikey Arison found out he was leaving at the same time everybody else did when the SI article went up. That's what I don't like about the guy.

I think Lebron had already made up his mind when the Heat decided to not pay up for role players during that season. He looked at an aging Wade in the NBA playoffs and said "no thanks".

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America

The "Bam Bam Baklava Theory"

Reggie Miller did not shoot 100% in those situations.

I could have come closer than Curry's.

The best hit the big shots.

If the Cavs win, LeBron and company deserve a lot of credit but it will be Curry's fault.

David Lee made more of an impact(Kerr might want to stop being a moron and start playing him).

zychi

Banned
Who cares what he said when he was on the heat. I'm sure Dwayne was thinking that way too until he got so comfortable that he stopped playing. So, yeah, I'd take my ass back home too. But I think this is all hogwash and barely something that sounds unlikeable.

You asked what makes him unlikable, saying "who cares what he said" makes you look like a shill.

People don't like him because how he acted. No one is questioning his skills.

Jonm1010

Banned
Your deluding yourself if the overwhelming media narrative won't be proclaiming LBJ's performance as the greatest finals performance of all time.

I legit expect ESPN to invite Lebron to receive an on the air blowjob from every staff member at ESPN if they win this series.

EDIT: but if we are being honest the Wariors have severely dropped the ball. Shrank in the moment til this fourth quarter in game 3. That is a legit context to consider but it doesn't diminish the role Lebron and Co. Have played in creating that.

I don't hate Lebron as a human being. He's actually the rare athlete that lives up to the role model expectation hoisted upon him.

I hate watch Lebron because we wasted our offseason on Danny flippin Granger, Shawne flippin Williams, paying Bosh a fuck ton of money, drafting Shabazz Napier because Lebron said he was his favorite player in the draft, and flying Pat Riley out to meet with Lebron all to appease the guy when he was brainstorming what he wanted in the Sports Illustrated essay before Riley even hopped on the plane.

This seems fair.

Sounds to me Miami needed him more than he needed them. That takes balls. I'd say that's worthy of good hate. If Kobe did that to the Lakers, I think I'd be mad as hell too. So I guess I can compromise for some things.

I could have come closer than Curry's.

The best hit the big shots.

If the Cavs win, LeBron and company deserve a lot of credit but it will be Curry's fault.

David Lee made more of an impact(Kerr might want to stop being a moron and start playing him).

Lol you had me going there for a second until i read the bolded.

Zoned

Actively hates charity
I don't really see how this wouldn't be accurate.

I'd also be in favor of tossing out the entire NBA season, because if the Warriors lose it's clear there wasn't a single decent team in the entire league. Just start over fresh next year, maybe reshuffle the playoff seedings, etc.

ahem why? Didn't Cavs finish 2nd in conference?

Second ranked team in regular season winning the ring isn't surprising at all.

Superman0

If Lebron did this to my team, I pat him on the back and thank him for bringing home two championships for our city. There are some team (mine included) that haven't sniff a NBA championship in 30 years, while the Heat won two with Lebron smh.

It's w/e. Lebron could go 1 on 5 against the entire Warriors starting five, win 4 games, and somehow it'll be the Warriors fault and not that Lebron is a hell of a player. His supporting cast is being held together with duct tape.

People have deluded themselves into believing Lebron isn't a special player. That's on them. I guess this is how the Jazz fans must've felt going up against MJ in the Finals.

Reggie Miller would not have missed a wide open threepointer when the ball is thrown right to him late in a big game.

This.
Reggie was a killer like no other in the clutch.
He carried his team his whole career.

It's why he's above Ray Allen for me.
Ray may have the slightly prettier stroke, Ray's got the Game 6 shot, but Ray never carried a team like Reggie did (06' Sonics maybe?, 01 Bucks had Sam Cassell and Big Dog).

Curry is no doubt a better shooter off the bounce than Reggie, and a much better passer.
Curry has hit his share of clutch shots in his career too.
But yep, Steph is no Reggie in the clutch.
Reggie hits that wide open 3 late.
No dude I've seen like that on the 3 ball late, maybe Bird but 3s were relatively new then so I imagine the sample size is small on Larry (I started watching NBA in 91').

Anyone that thinks Steph is more clutch than Reggie from 3 needs to watch the documentary Winning Time.

I think Lebron had already made up his mind when the Heat decided to not pay up for role players during that season. He looked at an aging Wade in the NBA playoffs and said "no thanks".

I just wish he told the the Heat he wasn't coming back so they wouldn't be sitting there with their hands tied behind their back while they waited for his new PR campaign to kick off.

You asked what makes him unlikable, saying "who cares what he said" makes you look like a shill.

People don't like him because how he acted. No one is questioning his skills.

I completely get that, but idk, it's basketball. It's a business, people come and go and go where they need to.

I feel like, what he said wasn't offensive, maybe to Miami fans who was really betting on him being their savior but it's imo, hardly something that was so terrible that he needs to absolutely be hated or disliked for. The 5,6,7 definitely looks like a pipe dream if you can somewhat see the cracks in the dynasty you aren't happy with. And I didn't understand people really took it that serious.

I think it's okay to dislike LeBron and I'm definitely not saying you can't or shouldn't. Personally for me, maybe I don't take things so seriously that things like this would twist me into a knot. And that's what I didn't get.

I guess he could of acted better per say but I maybe don't understand what he could of did to make anything better. If the decision never happened, people would still be mad he left Cleveland for Miami. If he never made that comment, people would be mad that he didn't do enough and left when the going was getting tough. Idk, I'm not being a shill but just voicing my opinion.

Jonm1010

Banned
If Lebron did this to my team, I pat him on the back and thank him for bringing home two championships for our city. There are some team (mine included) that haven't sniff a NBA championship in 30 years, while the Heat won two with Lebron smh.
It would be hard not to be bittersweet(not a Miami fan but I can empathize). Especially if you are a winning organization like Miami. It's not like they are Cleveland that were nothing before and nothing without Lebron, the Heat are a legit top tier organization and they had their short term future completely fucked with because Lebron hid his real intentions.

He has no obligation to keep them in the loop but the Heat, Wade, Bosh, Riley and Co. were a part of Lebron getting what he wanted just as much as he was and I think he did them and the city dirty on a personal level.

ahem why? Didn't Cavs finish 2nd in conference?

Second ranked team in regular season winning the ring isn't surprising at all.

Pretty simple.

Any decent playoff team should be able to beat these Cavs.

Ergo, if no one beats these Cavs, there were no decent teams this year, and we should chuck out the entire season.

bender

What time is it?
What makes LeBron "unlikeable"?

He doesn't have DUIs
He hasn't cheated on his wife
He hasn't been dinged for any domestic violence charges
In interviews he talks about the team
He puts his money where his mouth is.
He isn't taking illegal substances

Like I'm still confused as to why people find him unlikeable? Is it because he's good? What makes him bad even?

It seems like he is always looking for the easy way out. I don't really blame him for that as it's the best basketball decision but I do think that hurts how people perceive him. It's also a little ironic considering what's left of the team around him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom