• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NBA Finals |OT| the deli is closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do admit he's done some dumb things before he matured a little bit more, but yeah, a lot of it is blown way out of proportion. No superstar is an angel lol.

If anything JR Smith is the most unlikeable on the team.

JR Smith is the fucking worst. Now he's a guy that in basketball and outside, is just plain unlikeable. Ugh....

damisa

He isn't Jesus and it sounds like people are just pressed that whoever they like isn't the BEST and treated as if they were Jesus . I assume Jordan received the same level of hate but I'm sure people knew he was good and the hate for him usually was for stuff mostly outside of basketball.

Idk, hate the man because he does something vile, but to be mad at the media for telling it like it is when he shows them like it is, is so lame. His performance speaks volumes and that's something that the media doesn't need to even give air to. I just don't get it.

Jordan would have probably been hated even worse than Lebron if social media was big back then. Jordan was a big a**hole in real life. I think social media makes it easier to hate on everything.

Eos

This been posted yet?

KCZNDQ9.jpg

11418290_10206307680624970_1550373204_n.jpg

"When the world needed him the most, he vanished"
saw this on twitter

It would be really sweet if the Cavs actually lose after being up 2-1. Everybody wrote them off but the hope is back. That would make a lot of this stuff worthwhile, along with the Warriors coming back after being knocked down and showing championship heart. It would be a great story for that team and Curry.

Hope it happens, starts with game 4 and the first half not being total garbage on offense.

Superman0

Let's not pretend that he went back to Cleveland for any reason other than to play for a better team and to repair his image. Wade was DONE in that last finals. DONE.

Are we going to pretend a dysfunctional team of Dion and Kyrie (who never made the playoff prior to Lebron) is a good team? If he really wanted to play for a good team, he could have went to the Bulls/Clippers/GSW/Houston etc..

What makes LeBron "unlikeable"?

He doesn't have DUIs
He hasn't cheated on his wife
He hasn't been dinged for any domestic violence charges
In interviews he talks about the team
He puts his money where his mouth is.
He isn't taking illegal substances

Like I'm still confused as to why people find him unlikeable? Is it because he's good? What makes him bad even?

"The King"
The Decision
Passing instead of shooting every last second shot

Jonm1010

Banned
Let's not pretend that he went back to Cleveland for any reason other than to play for a better team and to repair his image. Wade was DONE in that last finals. DONE.

I don't think there is anything wrong with that( I disagree the Cavs - when he chose them - were a better team. If that was a major concern he would of went to a truly good team) and the latter is only a concern because he actually cares about his hometown. Yeah a lot of that has to also do with ego and legacy but I think the people that think his love of Cleveland and desire to give back to his hometown isn't a major factor are a bit deluded.

Spinluck

Don't talk shit about my boy JR.

JR-Smith-GIF.gif

He's got stuff. Just gotta mash on the Turbo button to get it out of him.

JR does crazy shit at times, but he's also a head case, dirty player, and he seems like a dick off court too. He is entertaining though, I'll give him that.

I hope he has one of his classic bullshit games where everything falls for him. Cavs gonna need it.

Krejlooc

Banned
Said it before, I'll say it again - Lebron's hair is on the verge of greatness. Grow that shit out and flatten it for a high top fade. Literally a king's crown.

And Dan Gilbert accepted him back with open arms.

And the city of Cleveland.

And all of those fan who burned his jersey, only to buy them again.

He knew he could always come back to Cleveland.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
I never thought I would say this, but are the Warriors screwed? Are we going have to deal with a ticker tape parade in that shithole of a city? Is the SI Cover Jinx going to claim another victim?

Fuck Cleveland, and seeing D-Wade cavorting with Judas over there makes me sick.

Jordan would have probably been hated even worse than Lebron if social media was big back then. Jordan was a big a**hole in real life. I think social media makes it easier to hate on everything.

Like for real for real... Jordan is a huge dick and I can't..... I just can't support anything from him. I can't buy a pair of Jordans in my life for the stuff he says especially when it comes to black people (rumors but at this point to many people says it's true)

He's heartless and his outside basketball antics makes me hate him, however he was an amazing player in his time and it's a 50/50 split there.

I just also find it strange that Curry became this angel and LeBron some devil when outside of basketball, they are literally identical.

CrazyDude

He doesn't have DUIs

Like I'm still confused as to why people find him unlikeable? Is it because he's good? What makes him bad even?
He's pretty loyal to Akron, even when he went to Miami.

demolitio

Are we going to pretend a dysfunctional team of Dion and Kyrie (who never made the playoff prior to Lebron) is a good team? If he really wanted to play for a good team, he could have went to the Bulls/Clippers/GSW/Houston etc..

Not about that. Cleveland was younger and had more upside while being a great PR story that restores his image in many ways.

I don't think it was about going to a good team, but a combination of things. Either way, he always talked about playing for the Cavs again so it wasn't a surprise, but most people didn't see it happening that soon. I had faith despite enduring that shitty thread on here...lol

He came back for many reasons, but I don't think that's a reason to dislike him for the story that it created despite some of his arrogant comments.

I never thought I would say this, but are the Warriors screwed? Are we going have to deal with a ticker tape parade in that shithole of a city? Is the SI Cover Jinx going to claim another victim?

Fuck Cleveland, and seeing D-Wade cavorting with Judas over there makes me sick.

Yup, nothing but rational discussion in this thread. It's definitely over despite the Warriors being in this position before and we can't allow a city find some happiness because we like being assholes, right?

Jimrpg

Kerr seemed like he recognized pretty well what needs to be adjusted next game without completely revealing his cards.

I fully expect Kerr to have Iggy either starting or coming in quick if Barnes struggles and Lee coming in with regularity, especially if Curry struggles with traps.

Well they can start by reducing some of Barnes, Bogut minutes and giving it to Iggy, Lee.

Not about that. Cleveland was younger and had more upside while being a great PR story that restores his image in many ways.

I don't think it was about going to a good team, but a combination of things. Either way, he always talked about playing for the Cavs again so it wasn't a surprise, but most people didn't see it happening that soon. I had faith despite enduring that shitty thread on here...lol

He came back for many reasons, but I don't think that's a reason to dislike him for the story that it created despite some of his arrogant comments.

That Deuxcision thread was such a goddamn trip.

I still remember the Gilbert plane-tracking :lol

ampere

He doesn't have DUIs

Jealousy? I dunno. People love seeing the big guy fail

As far as athletes go, it's hard to hate on him at this point.

demolitio

yeah i expect at least one game with at least 20 points from him. Might be next game but either way Cavs need that game from him.

Especially since Delly will be lucky to move by next game. He was already getting killed on screens (plenty illegal) and fighting for the ball, but I can't imagine the hits he'll take next game.

The others must fall for the chosen one to rise. OUTBACK JESUS. :D

MIMIC

Banned

lol @ your tag

Especially since Delly will be lucky to move by next game. He was already getting killed on screens (plenty illegal) and fighting for the ball, but I can't imagine the hits he'll take next game.

The others must fall for the chosen one to rise. OUTBACK JESUS. :D

Illegal screens are more or less being traded with the Cavs use of the off arm to clear space. At first I thought it was just Lebron but a couple other guys were doing it.

scabro

dunkbyjrsmith.gif

The Cavs just need one game of his Fuckball and they'll win the Finals.

It'll be soon. He's due for a big game.

I will lose my shit so hard if he somehow wins Finals MVP.
hed have to turn water into wine and heal kyrie and love to get mvp over lebron right now

random25

He doesn't have DUIs

Because he doesn't play for the Lakers, Bulls or Knicks :p

Personally, I root against him as a Pacers fan because he's whooped my team's asses so many times, but I have mad respect for the dude. I acknowledge talent and greatness when I see one. And off the court, yeah he's pretty much one of the best personalities for a superstar.

Ashhong

Lol I don't have any opinion on what you said, but your tag is hilarious with this

"butthurt Heat fan"

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

That would be dumb of him. Leave Miami and go to another team with established superstars like he did when he went to Miami? That would destroy his legacy. Those teams were NEVER an option.

beasty

Lebron has reached that age of "not giving a fuck". He is now deadly because he doesnt hesitate anymore.
I still think the warriors got this. I think if they play David Lee some more and pray Harrison Barnes makes a couple of his wide open shots, they got a chance. Draymond Green lost his confidence and is just playing ugly basketball. Im not worried about Steph Curry if he just asserts himself like he did in the 4th.

If the Cavs do win this, its in my top 3 of most impressive things I have ever seen in sports.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
l m a o

Yea fuck him for going back to his hometown to play. What is he, an adult who makes his own decisions!?
If it was ANY CITY OTHER THAN CLEVELAND, WHERE THEIR RIVER CAUGHT FIRE ONCE, I would be okay with it. But that shithole of a city?

Nuke Cleveland out of orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
Most of it is Jordan threatening.

I think this is like 90% of it. Jordan is the Golden God. A lot of people seem to get offended at the mere suggestion that LeBron could be mentioned in the same breath as Jordan. People say shit like "nothing LeBron does from here on out could put him on Jordan's level." What kind of shit is that? I'm not saying either player is better than the other but, if the Cavs win this series, LeBron will have an accomplishment under his belt that Jordan doesn't have.

Fwiw, I think Jordan was a more skilled player. However, LeBron has an incredibly high basketball IQ and is a physical specimen unlike any the league has ever seen (except for Chamberlain, I guess). As far as I'm concerned, fuck what LeBron does from here on out, he's one of the best basketball players ever. Also, even if his demeanor is all an act, it seems very unlikely that he's anywhere near as much of an asshole as Michael Jordan. If Jordan played today, with all the social media's and tweeters and whatnot, I think he'd get LeBron hate times a million.

zychi

Banned

He doesn't have DUIs

Really odd that you completely left out The hour long special The Decision, using the Boys and Girls Club as a shield, "not 5, not 6, not 7"

"I'll be taking my talents to Cleveland"

The whining and flopping from one of the strongest players in the game.

But hey, keep rewriting the narrative.

Mxrz

One bump from 3-0. Love could get a ring without making it past the first round. That would be a life long sting. JR could get a ring before Melo. Would be a crazy world to live in.

LeBron has been all about the empty volume stats in this series, but the team is winning with a solid defensive strategy that goads GS into missing a lot of make-able shots.

I've never really seen anything like this series.

If it was ANY CITY OTHER THAN CLEVELAND, WHERE THEIR RIVER CAUGHT FIRE ONCE, I would be okay with it. But that shithole of a city?

Nuke Cleveland out of orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

Go lie down. You need to cool off from this Heat.

I guess i will have to be the one to say this..... that's not going to happen the fact that you said that was bad enough.

I can dream.

It's still extremely hilarious to me that JR is closer to smelling a ring than Carmelo has.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Really odd that you completely left out The hour long special The Decision, using the Boys and Girls Club as a shield, "not 5, not 6, not 7"

"I'll be taking my talents to Cleveland"

The whining and flopping from one of the strongest players in the game.

But hey, keep rewriting the narrative.

The whining and flopping is definitely at the top of the list as to why he's unlikable for a lot of folks. It's embarrassing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom