• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NBA Finals |OT| the deli is closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
This.
Reggie was a killer like no other in the clutch.
He carried his team his whole career.

It's why he's above Ray Allen for me.
Ray may have the slightly prettier stroke, Ray's got the Game 6 shot, but Ray never carried a team like Reggie did (06' Sonics maybe?, 01 Bucks had Sam Cassell and Big Dog).

Curry is no doubt a better shooter off the bounce than Reggie, and a much better passer.
Curry has hit his share of clutch shots in his career too.
But yep, Steph is no Reggie.
Reggie hits that wide open 3 late.
No dude I've seen like that on the 3 ball late, maybe Bird but 3s were relatively new then so I imagine the sample size is small on Larry (I started watching NBA in 91').

Anyone that thinks Steph is more clutch than Reggie from 3 needs to watch the documentary Winning Time.

Reggie is my favorite NBA player of all time. I was a Pacers fan over the Bucks the entire time he played(unlike the Packers I actually liked the Bucks though). Unfortunately the team was too old when they finally got to the finals and they became Kobe and Shaqs first victims. Miller was good that series though team just couldn't pull it out

Anyone counting how many illegal screens Green set up this game? I might have counted 3, but only one got called.

:lol I just noticed the title change.

edit: what a crazy finals.. No freakin clue who wins game 4. I keep on waiting for GS to show up but its been 3 games.

BadAss2961

What makes LeBron "unlikeable"?

He doesn't have DUIs
He hasn't cheated on his wife
He hasn't been dinged for any domestic violence charges
In interviews he talks about the team
He puts his money where his mouth is.
He isn't taking illegal substances

Like I'm still confused as to why people find him unlikeable? Is it because he's good? What makes him bad even?
lol. I'd wager everything I have on this being false.

Tapiozona

Banned
DRose doesn't really flop. But he hasn't really been a superstar in 4 years. Cries.

Anyone, Lebron winning this puts him at #2 all time after Jordan in my book. He can't pass him in my eyes though unless the Cavs 4 peat.

Why 4 peat? If you're going by titles then you're doing it wrong not to mention there are others with more

random25

Reggie is my favorite NBA player of all time. I was a Pacers fan over the Bucks the entire time he played(unlike the Packers I actually liked the Bucks though). Unfortunately the team was too old when they finally got to the finals and they became Kobe and Shaqs first victims. Miller was good that series though team just couldn't pull it out

Same here. They could've been champs in '99 had they not crashed hard against the Knicks for some odd reason. Even with a prime Shaq and Kobe they still held their own against the Lakers and that series was damn good.

Jonm1010

Banned
So Dellavadova. Needed an IV. I guess that's why he wasn't on Steph in most of Q4. He had nothin left.
This is why I am concerned for the cavs and LBJ pulling off this legacy defining win.

Someone has to step up because right now it is a 2 man show offensively and these guys are getting only one day's rest before the next 40 minute outing.

Same here. They could've been champs in '99 had they not crashed hard against the Knicks for some odd reason. Even with a prime Shaq and Kobe they still held their own against the Lakers and that series was damn good.

I've blocked that ECF out of my mind. They was smoking serious shit that series.

Thread title change is trash.

Salt-014.jpg

DRose doesn't really flop. But he hasn't really been a superstar in 4 years. Cries.

Anyone, Lebron winning this puts him at #2 all time after Jordan in my book. He can't pass him in my eyes though unless the Cavs 4 peat.

D-Rose is the most unfairly maligned player in the last decade.

The hate he gets for doing nothing wrong was the biggest joke in sports for a while.

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
Thunder. Easily.

Too many young players that couldn't handle that pressure so early in their NBA career.

You don't see any parallels between that team and this Golden State squad? I'm a Thunder guy and this series has been triggering some serious PTSD for me.

As for LeBron's career mobility... If I was the top professional in my field, you can bet your sweet ass I'd go and work wherever the hell I want, whenever the hell I want. The old Cavs could hardly put together a team that would win a d-league championship without LeBron. At the time it looked like his choices were "move onto greener pastures" or stay in Cleveland and drag a bunch of amateurs through the Eastern conference every year only to be embarrassed by a competent team from the West until you burn out at 30. To be frank, the Cavs organization didn't deserve the best basketball player on the planet at that point.

This is why I am concerned for the cavs and LBJ pulling off this legacy defining win.

Someone has to step up because right now it is a 2 man show offensively and these guys are getting only one day's rest before the next 40 minute outing.

Is Shawn Marion completely dead or something?

That was my starting SF last year ;_;

Jonm1010

Banned
You don't see any parallels between that team and this Golden State squad? I'm a Thunder guy and this series has been triggering some serious PTSD for me.

As for LeBron's career mobility... If I was the top professional in my field, you can bet your sweet ass I'd go and work wherever the hell I want, whenever the hell I want. The old Cavs could hardly put together a team that would win a d-league championship without LeBron. At the time it looked like his choices were "move onto greener pastures" or stay in Cleveland and drag a bunch of amateurs through the Eastern conference every year only to be embarrassed by a competent team from the West until you burn out at 30. To be frank, the Cavs organization didn't deserve the best basketball player on the planet at that point.

To be fair the Cavs organization still kinda doesn't lol.

dlbeast

i think cavs get the next win, then they have a bad game on road and then close this out back home the next game. I think the secret sauce is....lets play these next few games as if it our last....before fatigue sets in

This.
Reggie was a killer like no other in the clutch.
He carried his team his whole career.

It's why he's above Ray Allen for me.
Ray may have the slightly prettier stroke, Ray's got the Game 6 shot, but Ray never carried a team like Reggie did (06' Sonics maybe?, 01 Bucks had Sam Cassell and Big Dog).

Curry is no doubt a better shooter off the bounce than Reggie, and a much better passer.
Curry has hit his share of clutch shots in his career too.
But yep, Steph is no Reggie in the clutch.
Reggie hits that wide open 3 late.
No dude I've seen like that on the 3 ball late, maybe Bird but 3s were relatively new then so I imagine the sample size is small on Larry (I started watching NBA in 91').

Anyone that thinks Steph is more clutch than Reggie from 3 needs to watch the documentary Winning Time.

I agree that the Reggie was clutch and hit some big shots. The guy is a hall of famer and had a great career. But I think you're overvaluing his clutchness a bit. He never won an NBA championship. Never won an MVP (only receiving votes in 2 seasons). What good is it being clutch, if it doesn't amount to anything? Lebron has been criticized forever for not having that clutch gene, and he's got 2 championships. I'll take the better player over the more clutch player every time. Game 7 I'd still rather have chris paul on my team than robert horry

race bannon

Neo Member
I think Lebron had already made up his mind when the Heat decided to not pay up for role players during that season. He looked at an aging Wade in the NBA playoffs and said "no thanks".

This so hard. and lol to Miami crying that he left them with two championships ( insert Sho Nuff Gif )

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
To be fair the Cavs organization still kinda doesn't lol.

Probably true. LeBron leaving allowed them to luck/suck into all the picks that now make up the good parts of the roster. I wonder... If Lebron ends up winning a handful of titles with Cleveland, will people look back on this as if he planned it all? They were too good to get anyone in the draft when LeBron was there and they weren't going after free agents. LeBron leaves and they get the picks that turn into Kyrie and Co. then LeBron comes back and they flip some of those assets earned by his absence into Kevin Love? I hope LeBron gets a job as a gm after he's done playing.

Clay Thompson's uselessness have been stagering

people are not giving him enough shit.

Klay went off in game 2. Take your grievances up with the MVP.

Maybe if they had current James Harden. James Harden then was hardly the scoring threat he is now as the guy in Houston.

Current James Harden is a monster offensively.

I think the Warriors have more offensive options than the Thunder had then, but to be fair the Thunder played fewer games in a strike shortened season.

Spinluck

I don't really see how this wouldn't be accurate.

I'd also be in favor of tossing out the entire NBA season, because if the Warriors lose it's clear there wasn't a single decent team in the entire league. Just start over fresh next year, maybe reshuffle the playoff seedings, etc.

"Cavs only won because the entire league sucked."

Come on now dood.

Larry Johnson's ** 4 pt play ** on the bogus foul against Antonio Davis is a big reason they lost that series.
99 Pacers against 99 Spurs would've been a good series, that Spurs team was hot at the end of the lockout season.
Sean Elliott, Avery Johnson, Antonio Daniels, Mario Ellie, some interesting players on that Spurs squad amidst Drob and young Duncan.
Spurs would've had home court, I'd give San Antonio a slight edge in that series, but man, would have loved to see it.
No way Pacers get rolled in 5 like the Knicks did.

Kobe's Game 4 overtime brilliance really hurt the Pacers in the 00 Finals.
Having said that, Pacers were down 1 in Game 6 with a little over a minute to go when one of the WORST loose ball bullshit fouls you will ever see was called on Dale Davis.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWxCKwGcpVk&t=5m16s

Do the Pacers win the game if they play on there, and then win Game 7 on the road?
Maybe not, but I would've loved to see them get a shot at it.
Bad calls happen but that Dale Davis foul is one of the worst I've seen, struck me as total bullshit, bailing the Lakers out there.

I'm a Bulls fan btw but was born in Indiana so I've always had a soft spot for the Pacers.

If it was ANY CITY OTHER THAN CLEVELAND, WHERE THEIR RIVER CAUGHT FIRE ONCE, I would be okay with it. But that shithole of a city?

Nuke Cleveland out of orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

You've probably never been here.

I was in Miami in February and South Beach was cool but lets not pretend most of the rest of that city doesn't resemble a 3rd world country.

But it's not. He married his sweetheart and he doesn't look like the guy who plays player antics. I believe he was raised right and if he was, the girls would have let that loose a long time ago.

Which is why he gets dudes like JR Smith on his team so he can live through them vicariously :p

Also there's a new bron super saiyan gif floating around, saw it on reddit, I didn't make it.

DisguisedThornyChinesecrocodilelizard.gif

JustenP88

Maybe if they had current James Harden. James Harden then was hardly the scoring threat he is now as the guy in Houston.

Current James Harden is a monster offensively.

I think the Warriors have more offensive options than the Thunder had then, but to be fair the Thunder played fewer games in a strike shortened season.

But even that James Harden was > whoever Golden State's 3rd offensive option is, right? It's not like Harden came out of nowhere in Houston. The Thunder were getting drilled for that trade from the moment it happened. Everyone knew Harden was an all-star who was being held back in a 6th man role.

I think this Golden State team is a wee bit better overall than that Thunder team. Still... It's pretty close. Adding in the whole "all the stars are young and nobody has any experience in a situation like this before and holy shit LeBron James is the best player on the planet" brings the situations together to me.

Wizman23

Banned
If it was ANY CITY OTHER THAN CLEVELAND, WHERE THEIR RIVER CAUGHT FIRE ONCE, I would be okay with it. But that shithole of a city?

Wow fuck you dude. That shithole of a city is where some people call there home. FUCK YOU

But even that James Harden was > whoever Golden State's 3rd offensive option is, right? It's not like Harden came out of nowhere in Houston. The Thunder were getting drilled for that trade from the moment it happened. Everyone knew Harden was an all-star who was being held back in a 6th man role.

I think this Golden State team is a wee bit better overall than that Thunder team. Still... It's pretty close. Adding in the whole "all the stars are young and nobody has any experience in a situation like this before and holy shit LeBron James is the best player on the planet" brings the situations together to me.

I also believe Steve Kerr is doing a good job coaching this team. Looking at their numbers, they're solid defensively.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/GSW/2015.html

15th in Def. Scoring allowed but 1st in Def. Efficiency. They also have a ton of steals collectively as a team. 4th in Steals and 2nd in Blocks.

The numbers on this Warriors team is beyond nuts.

The third highest scorer on the Warriors is Draymond Green lol. I'd rather have Harden over Green.

random25

I don't hate Lebron as a human being. He's actually the rare athlete that lives up to the role model expectation hoisted upon him.

I hate watch Lebron because we wasted our offseason on Danny flippin Granger, Shawne flippin Williams, paying Bosh a fuck ton of money, drafting Shabazz Napier because Lebron said he was his favorite player in the draft, and flying Pat Riley out to meet with Lebron all to appease the guy when he was brainstorming what he wanted in the Sports Illustrated essay before Riley even hopped on the plane.

The motherfuckers put you in position to win, took on all that toxic ass hate you brought with you, and you leave em high and dry Cleveland style. Pat Riley and Mikey Arison found out he was leaving at the same time everybody else did when the SI article went up. That's what I don't like about the guy.

Well, it's the Heat's fault for overpaying Bosh and drafting Napier just because of a freaking tweet lol. Pat Riley should have seen this coming as there were already looming questions about keeping their big stars together even when they were winning their championships. And right now, with the way they're trying to play it cheap with Wade, I won't be surprised if even he won't be back next season.

And to be fair, it's not the Heat organization who should get credit for the assembly of that championship squad. I doubt James and Bosh would even consider coming to the Heat if Wade didn't do the convincing. And the hate LeBron got was basically because he went to Miami in the first place lol.

random25

Larry Johnson's ** 4 pt play ** on the bogus foul against Antonio Davis is a big reason they lost that series.
99 Pacers against 99 Spurs would've been a good series, that Spurs team was hot at the end of the lockout season.
Sean Elliott, Avery Johnson, Antonio Daniels, Mario Ellie, some interesting players on that Spurs squad amidst Drob and young Duncan.
Spurs would've had home court, I'd give San Antonio a slight edge in that series, but man, would have loved to see it.
No way Pacers get rolled in 5 like the Knicks did.

Kobe's Game 4 overtime brilliance really hurt the Pacers in the 00 Finals.
Having said that, Pacers were down 1 in Game 6 with a little over a minute to go when one of the WORST loose ball bullshit fouls you will ever see was called on Dale Davis.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWxCKwGcpVk&t=5m16s

Do the Pacers win the game if they play on there, and then win Game 7 on the road?
Maybe not, but I would've loved to see them get a shot at it.
Bad calls happen but that Dale Davis foul is one of the worst I've seen, struck me as total bullshit, bailing the Lakers out there.

I'm a Bulls fan btw but was born in Indiana so I've always had a soft spot for the Pacers.

Damn I forgot about that LJ play, which I agree was one big BS call. Yeah that really killed the Pacers that time.

Spinluck

Miami fans comparing LBJ's Miami exit to his Cleveland one, lawds have mercy lol.

Dude is in his prime, and he's not settling on fucking wasting it. Shit, props to him for giving no fucks and changing the free agency game. I'm pretty sure he had more attractive options talent wise than Cleveland too lol.

Well, it's the Heat's fault for overpaying Bosh and drafting Napier just because of a freaking tweet lol. Pat Riley should have seen this coming as there were already looming questions about keeping their big stars together even when they were winning their championships. And right now, with the way they're trying to play it cheap with Wade, I won't be surprised if even he won't be back next season.

And to be fair, it's not the Heat organization who should get credit for the assembly of that championship squad. I doubt James and Bosh would even consider coming to the Heat if Wade didn't do the convincing. And the hate LeBron got was basically because he went to Miami in the first place lol.

Lebron had a meeting with Wade and Bosh in Cleveland to talk about teaming up. He orchestrated the whole thing. Prior to that meeting Wade was telling the Heat there was no way they were going to get Lebron

Curry showing signs of life towards the end was very encouraging for Golden State, but it seems like Lebron had to do slightly less carrying of the team this game, you can tell the supporting cast is slowly gaining confidence. This is turning out to be an awesome finals, and it can't be emphasized enough how much of a boss Lebron is.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
I would seriously consider thinking this series was over if I didn't see GS beat Memphis coming back from 2-1. But they didn't have Lebron.

Game 4 is GS deciding whether they want it or not.

Jindrax

Ok calling it...
Lebron at home... with headband...
Also cavs win game four.
If I get both wrong (was unclear last time) I will accept being called Jindrax shitlord in the thread.

Clevinger

I think I'll boycott the NBA if the Lebronaviers win the Finals. I swear. I can't stand seeing this cocky, lying, dishonest scum WIN after backstabbing Pat Riley and the Heat organization who took him under their wing and welcomed him with open arms.

karma, where art thou?
I never thought I would say this, but are the Warriors screwed? Are we going have to deal with a ticker tape parade in that shithole of a city? Is the SI Cover Jinx going to claim another victim?

Fuck Cleveland, and seeing D-Wade cavorting with Judas over there makes me sick.

Heat fans are still the absolute fucking worst.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom