• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NBA Finals |OT| the deli is closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that the Reggie was clutch and hit some big shots. The guy is a hall of famer and had a great career. But I think you're overvaluing his clutchness a bit. He never won an NBA championship. Never won an MVP (only receiving votes in 2 seasons). What good is it being clutch, if it doesn't amount to anything? Lebron has been criticized forever for not having that clutch gene, and he's got 2 championships. I'll take the better player over the more clutch player every time. Game 7 I'd still rather have chris paul on my team than robert horry

I have to agree with this. He had clutch moments yes but don't forget in both those early blood baths versus New York (went 1-1) and the one they won... they ended up losing to an Orlando team they got 4-0 by Houston.

And of course it's the two years that Michael Jeffery Fucking Jordan decides to go play baseball. MJ comes back and then Pacers lose as #3 to #6.Then didn't do shit for the next few years until 98 where of course game 7 versus the Bulls. Don't blame him for that they got shitted on the boards, but from what I remember he didn't even shoot much that game just ran circles.

99... lose to the Knicks again. 00 even the score with the Knicks of course can't blame them losing to that Lakers team.

Then of course some bad luck with the whole Artest thing. Would they have won it that year? I don't know, but they were looking good.

Redd

I'm just glad it's a series. Who could have predicted the Cavs still being able to compete with both Love and Kyrie out for the season. Hopefully we get another close game on Thursday and Warriors bring their A game early.

Spinluck

I would seriously consider thinking this series was over if I didn't see GS beat Memphis coming back from 2-1. But they didn't have Lebron.

Game 4 is GS deciding whether they want it or not.

Very true, at the same time I think we were getting stats pulled up saying GS hasn't lost two straight in the post season and all that jazz.

I think Game 4 will be close, I'm scared to do it but I'm calling another OT. I think the ball bounces GS way this time though. They seem like the kind of team to explode when backed into a corner.

Cavs still not getting enough credit though, it's more of GS is fucking up, but I've seen plenty of fuckball from the Cavs too. No question that GS's sky is higher, but that won't matter if they continue to allow the Cavs to control these games mentally and physically.

From cbssports
But Curry's struggles started long before Dellavedova came onto the scene. Since Curry took that head-over-heels fall against the Rockets on May 25, he's 36-for-95 from the field and 17-for-51 from 3-point range. Hmmm

The Warriors still have a game to find their footing but this shit is done if the Cavs win game 4. I was thinking Cavs in 7 but it might be in 5. Dubs shooting woes are not an anomaly at this point, they're a trend. And Bogut getting clowned isn't going to change unless they just bench him

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Which is why he gets dudes like JR Smith on his team so he can live through them vicariously :p

Also there's a new bron super saiyan gif floating around, saw it on reddit, I didn't make it.

DisguisedThornyChinesecrocodilelizard.gif
clearly ssj2, his hair grew.

overcast

Still got a series here. Don't see why anyone would be quick to call a team like the Warriors done. I've been super impressed with the Cavs thus far.

Not quite as dramatic as Wade being taken out in a wheelchair for a hurt shoulder but it's a bit odd to say the least.

I really believe Game 4 is a must win for both teams. Cavs just cannot keep this up for 6 or 7 games. It's only game 3 for gods sakes and Lebron is cramping and Del is being carried out on a stretcher.

I really believe Game 4 is a must win for both teams. Cavs just cannot keep this up for 6 or 7 games. It's only game 3 for gods sakes and Lebron is cramping and Del is being carried out on a stretcher.

I love how they call LeBron a freak.

The dude cramps up against the Spurs and can't even play but then again, I once saw Nate Robinson bump into LeBron and LeBron limp after that.

He's one of the most physically imposing softies of all time.

Just looked up some of the talk from the Warriors after the game. Seems like they all at least notice the first quarter is kind of important in this series so far. Maybe they'll actually get it together to start the game for once.

Just looked up some of the talk from the Warriors after the game. Seems like they all at least notice the first quarter is kind of important in this series so far. Maybe they'll actually get it together to start the game for once.

Kerr needs to show them the Shia motivational video with the way they've played at times in this series.

edit: Even Kobe called their asses out.

Easier said. That's when CLE's defense has the most energy. GS will always have an opportunity in Q4 because CLE's style of defensive play and lack of bodies in the rotation means they will be fatigued. People that weren't open will be more open. Shots that were falling for the Cavs will begin rimming out. And so every game I suspect CLE will be even or in the lead going into Q4 and will have to find ways to hold on rather than being able to create separation.

That's the consequence of having 3 core players (Love, Irving, Varejao) on the sidelines. That the Cavs are doing it without them is, of course, the most impressive part of this series. CLE does need to win Game 4, though. Just because they can win in GS doesn't mean they want to have to do it again to win the series. Win Game 4 and you give yourselves 3 chances to win it all.

Easier said. That's when CLE's defense has the most energy. GS will always have an opportunity in Q4 because CLE's style of defensive play and lack of bodies in the rotation means they will be fatigued. People that weren't open will be more open. Shots that were falling for the Cavs will begin rimming out. And so every game I suspect CLE will be even or in the lead going into Q4 and will have to find ways to hold on rather than being able to create separation.

That's the consequence of having 3 core players (Love, Irving, Varejao) on the sidelines. That the Cavs are doing it without them is, of course, the most impressive part of this series. CLE does need to win Game 4, though. Just because they can win in GS doesn't mean they want to have to do it again to win the series. Win Game 4 and you give yourselves 3 chances to win it all.

They missed open shots in the first 5 minutes dude come on. It's more than just defense at work here.

Barnes was open all night, beginning to end, on most of his shots. Then there's the layups. I don't understand how a team can be missing some easy looking shots at the start of a game when the defense hasn't even worn you down yet. But then turn it around at the end when the defense is tired and no one is fresh on offense. Just doesn't add up to me and the Warriors need to get their minds right.

Of course the Cavs are going to be better defensively without Love and Kyrie.

rambis

Banned

The dude cramps up against the Spurs and can't even play but then again, I once saw Nate Robinson bump into LeBron and LeBron limp after that.

This is so idiotic.

Cramps have nothing to do with being "soft" or not. If you lose the ability to control your muscle contractions then you will be limited in athletic movement. If a player cramps and plays, it usually has nothing to do with toughness or any of that rah rah bullshit. Its more like they didn't cramp a vital muscle uses in movement. A cramp in the quad can eliminate your ability to place weight on an entire leg whereas you could probably play thru a lower calf cramp.

All that said, I don't see how you can even begin to argue that lebron isn't one of the most athletically gifted players ever.

This is so idiotic.

Cramps have nothing to do with being "soft" or not. If you lose the ability to control your muscle contractions then you will be limited in athletic movement. If a player cramps and plays, it usually has nothing to do with toughness or any of that rah rah bullshit. Its more like they didn't cramp a vital muscle uses in movement. A cramp in the quad can eliminate your ability to place weight on an entire leg whereas you could probably play thru a lower calf cramp.

All that said, I don't see how you can even begin to argue that lebron isn't one of the most athletically gifted players ever.

He's clunky, pushes off often, doesn't take advantage of little guys on him(settles for jumpers).

IF he used his physicality(not pick his spots every now and then), he'd be almost unstoppable but he often doesn't.

I've seen pointguards on him...long jumper.

Maybe cramping was a low blow but he seems to have that problem and I doubt it's genetic. Maybe the new customized Sprite will help.

GoutPatrol

Forgotten in his cell

Is this the Kareem from Airplane! argument again?

maladroid

You can slight his talent level, but Delly was hustling for everything out there. Thought this series was all gone after Kyrie went down. Glad I was wrong.

Del was hospitalized for cramping apparently? At least my talk about getting worn down is at least proving correct.

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/201...edova-cleveland-cavaliers-hospitalized-cramps
Being happy that a player suffers physical pain so he can be right on the internet. The class of a Warriors fan.

Really hope the Cavs win this.

You can slight his talent level, but Delly was hustling for everything out there. Thought this series was all gone after Kyrie went down. Glad I was wrong.

Yeah, he plays hard but he's expendable.

Tristan Thompson also plays hard but isn't.

However, how are they going to pay Thompson with all the other big salaries???

Being happy that a player suffers physical pain so he can be right on the internet. The class of a Warriors fan.

You must be joking right now. I'm saying he's tired from working so hard, not dying. Good lord you guys are wound up tight over this stuff.

If you wanna talk about class though. How about him trying to dive into players legs and being cheered by the crowd for that brand of "heroics" over the playoffs? I'm sure Taj Gibson appreciated it.

legend166

Kobe actually had some insight with his tweet, lol.

Warriors can't just expect to get back here again. Look what happened to the Thunder.

AcridMeat

Banned
What makes LeBron "unlikeable"?

He doesn't have DUIs
He hasn't cheated on his wife
He hasn't been dinged for any domestic violence charges
In interviews he talks about the team
He puts his money where his mouth is.
He isn't taking illegal substances

Like I'm still confused as to why people find him unlikeable? Is it because he's good? What makes him bad even?
What I don't like about LeBron, apart from The Decision, is his game. There's nothing inherently skillful about what he does, other than effectively using his freakish athleticism to get wherever he wants. It's a joke when he gets the flop calls when he's bulldozing his defender out of the paint the next play.

There's no doubting he's one of the best players ever, he's very good at what he does, I just never found his game to be particularly pleasing to watch. There's no finesse to it. It's more about marveling at the fact he's effectively a 6'8'' tank with the athleticism of a guard.

What I do like about him is his basketball IQ. His willingness to get others involved and make the smart pass is admirable. Though as others have mentioned he may defer too much at times, or settle for jump shots during mismatches.
Lebron has reached that age of "not giving a fuck". He is now deadly because he doesnt hesitate anymore.
I still think the warriors got this. I think if they play David Lee some more and pray Harrison Barnes makes a couple of his wide open shots, they got a chance. Draymond Green lost his confidence and is just playing ugly basketball. Im not worried about Steph Curry if he just asserts himself like he did in the 4th.

If the Cavs do win this, its in my top 3 of most impressive things I have ever seen in sports.
Draymond looked that way because the refs forced it on him. He didn't get a single call that game. Don't forget the dude had a massive block on LeBron the game before.
This.
Reggie was a killer like no other in the clutch.
He carried his team his whole career.

It's why he's above Ray Allen for me.
Ray may have the slightly prettier stroke, Ray's got the Game 6 shot, but Ray never carried a team like Reggie did (06' Sonics maybe?, 01 Bucks had Sam Cassell and Big Dog).
I really miss watching that Bucks team. So much fun. Sad they were never able to get over the hump.

Don't lump Bam in with us, please.

CD'S BAR

What I don't like about LeBron, apart from The Decision, is his game. There's nothing inherently skillful about what he does, other than effectively using his freakish athleticism to get wherever he wants. It's a joke when he gets the flop calls when he's bulldozing his defender out of the paint the next play.

nothing skillful lol...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9WPpc86o1w

his shooting and footwork doesn't have the finesse of jordan or kobe but his passing is marvelous, at the very least.

nothing skillful lol...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9WPpc86o1w

his shooting and footwork doesn't have the finesse of jordan or kobe but his passing is marvelous, at the very least.

His passing(like his defense) is overrated.

He's a good passer but many of the passes he makes countless other players can but LeBron's are spectacular because he no-looks for no reason.

He's not Magic Johnson as much as he tries to be.

CD'S BAR

His passing(like his defense) is overrated.

He's a good passer but many of the passes he makes countless other players can but LeBron's are spectacular because he no-looks for no reason.

He's not Magic Johnson as much as he tries to be.

I don't know man how many other players have averaged 27 pts AND 7 assists for their career. Difficulty of the actual passes aside it's also about making practical plays/passes, not necessarily fancy behind the back shit all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom