• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NBA Finals |OT| the deli is closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoggy

CHGuECcWQAA16Jl.jpg

Grassy

You must be joking right now. I'm saying he's tired from working so hard, not dying. Good lord you guys are wound up tight over this stuff.

If you wanna talk about class though. How about him trying to dive into players legs and being cheered by the crowd for that brand of "heroics" over the playoffs? I'm sure Taj Gibson appreciated it.

Trying to dive into players legs? All I've seen him do is go in harder for the ball then guys twice the size of him. Or should he start asking nicely if he can have the ball in the future to show more class? Maybe he shouldn't try so hard to begin with?

He's got more heart, courage and desire to win than most of the Golden State team have shown so far. I can understand why you're upset.

Cheebo

Banned
You must be joking right now. I'm saying he's tired from working so hard, not dying. Good lord you guys are wound up tight over this stuff.

If you wanna talk about class though. How about him trying to dive into players legs and being cheered by the crowd for that brand of "heroics" over the playoffs? I'm sure Taj Gibson appreciated it.
Look I want GSW to win. And think they can (down 20 and nearly tie? When they wake up they dominate).

But this is absurd. Delly was playing good honest basketball and regardless of your team what he pulled off was beyond impressive.

I'll admit, didn't see this series starting this way. Cavs doing some legit work out there. At least curry came alive at the end. We could have a hell of a series on our hands, which is more than I thought we would have.

maladroid

Yeah, he plays hard but he's expendable.

Tristan Thompson also plays hard but isn't.

However, how are they going to pay Thompson with all the other big salaries???
I get that guards are a dime a dozen in this league, but he's stood up this series in a way I honestly didn't expect. I don't know what happens in the offseason, but right now, I'm hoping he and the Cavs have enough in the tank to keep it competitive.

The lack of self-awareness here is amazing. You've got other fans saying what's below because of your petty little fukboi antics.

Don't lump Bam in with us, please.
I don't actually think most of y'all are bad, but vocal minority and all that. Had you guys in 6, but being the underdog will keep me rooting for the Cavs.

MIMIC

Banned
Hospitalized for severe cramping? I know about that all too well >_< That shit is no joke.

But Delly should be fine.

Abounder

Banned
What a game!

And new NBA rule: Players need to be at least 6'6" to be eligible for the MVP award, Curry can't physically dominate the game and it shows

SoulClap

His passing(like his defense) is overrated.

He's a good passer but many of the passes he makes countless other players can but LeBron's are spectacular because he no-looks for no reason.

No, the amount of players in the league with his court vision along with the ability to make quick and accurate passes number in the single digits. The effectiveness of of his cross-court passes are not something countless players are capable of.

Fatalah

nothing skillful lol...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9WPpc86o1w

his shooting and footwork doesn't have the finesse of jordan or kobe but his passing is marvelous, at the very least.

Watching that video of Bron on the Heat... He's got to be missing some of those teammates right now.

Of my ex-Knicks, JR and Shump were horrible yesterday. Mozgov continues to play his butt off though.

David Lee was a breath of fresh air for the Warriors last night. Why hasn't Kerr played him again?

The next game should be good. It feels like curry and the Warriors finally realized they are in the finals.

Lebron is going to feel the fatigue from the amount he's played the past three games .

TV rating for game 3 was 13.7.

yea it's must-see TV now.

The next game should be good. It feels like curry and the Warriors finally realized they are in the finals.

Lebron is going to feel the fatigue from the amount he's played the past three games .

particularly with 1 day of rest. BUT...LeBron recognizes there are only a maximum of 4 games left in the entire season, after which he'll be able to take literally months off if he so chooses. Leave it on the floor now. NBA Finals appearances are hard to come by. He knows it and he'll have his guys ready. Lots of vets on this team and lots of hungry mothafuckas.

first cavs win led to the return of the last guardian.

second cavs win has led to the return of crystal pepsi.

lebron making it harder and harder to root against him

yea it's must-see TV now.

particularly with 1 day of rest. BUT...LeBron recognizes there are only a maximum of 4 games left in the entire season, after which he'll be able to take literally months off if he so chooses. Leave it on the floor now. NBA Finals appearances are hard to come by. He knows it and he'll have his guys ready. Lots of vets on this team and lots of hungry mothafuckas.

I'm sure their guys are just as tired. I don't see GS beating The LeDellas 3 out of the next 4 games, I just don't see it. Even if they were all in GS, I still don't see it.

The East/West bullshit reminds of the SEC bullshit where people think they are invincible.

Eh, Kerr started making some real adjustments and it started to finally get things moving. David Lee getting out there definitely help the Ws out a bit while Curry finding his touch was something the Ws were due already after 2 1/2 games of nothing from him.

Man, that triple screen into a hard as all hell 3 pointer was a thing of beauty.

Eh, Kerr started making some real adjustments and it started to finally get things moving. David Lee getting out there definitely help the Ws out a bit while Curry finding his touch was something the Ws were due already after 2 1/2 games of nothing from him.

Man, that triple screen into a hard as all hell 3 pointer was a thing of beauty.

Kerr certainly drew up that play, but you can't triple-screen all game (or maybe you can? lol). They need to make some serious adjustments to bring about consistency from Curry.

Really odd that you completely left out The hour long special The Decision, using the Boys and Girls Club as a shield, "not 5, not 6, not 7"

"I'll be taking my talents to Cleveland"

The whining and flopping from one of the strongest players in the game.

But hey, keep rewriting the narrative.
Bitter salty person using fluff reasons against actual actions.

Decision. Ok. Poor choice, but Boys and Girls wasn't a shield, was just a hairbrained idea with a good result.

Pep-rally... Just stupid. I seriously cannot respect anyone who gets bent over a get hype joke at an event for fans. If you think he seriously thought they we're going to waltz into 7 championships like nothing, you need to take a Don Draper retreat.

Taking his talents.. Bet you tuned in and read the story. Sorry he didn't go to your city.

Whining/flopping... People get physical with him because he can't be stopped. If you watch basketball and don't see that guys like him and Blake take more hard fouls, tha kbjndont know what to tell you. Same excuse for Blake haters "but he's strong!" So, I'd use the refs also if people think fouling hard is their go to move against my physical superiority. You hate Jordan and Bird for complaining about calls? Tim Duncan?

Get out your feelings.

Kerr certainly drew up that play, but you can't triple-screen all game (or maybe you can? lol). They need to make some serious adjustments to bring about consistency from Curry.

the triple screen play was more me just admiring the beauty of it. It also showed that the Ws are starting to establish a competent offense again.

It was more of a sign to me that they're starting to learn how to deal with the cavs' defense than anything i'd seen previously.

the triple screen play was more me just admiring the beauty of it. It also showed that the Ws are starting to establish a competent offense again.

It was more of a sign to me that they're starting to learn how to deal with the cavs' defense than anything i'd seen previously.

But it was also the fourth quarter, the Cavs were dragging by that point. And all those Curry shots in the 4th were fucking crazy insane difficult - plus Lebron was answering back with 3s of his own too. We really won't know their adjustments until the 1st half of the next game.

jmood88

This is so idiotic.

Cramps have nothing to do with being "soft" or not. If you lose the ability to control your muscle contractions then you will be limited in athletic movement. If a player cramps and plays, it usually has nothing to do with toughness or any of that rah rah bullshit. Its more like they didn't cramp a vital muscle uses in movement. A cramp in the quad can eliminate your ability to place weight on an entire leg whereas you could probably play thru a lower calf cramp.

All that said, I don't see how you can even begin to argue that lebron isn't one of the most athletically gifted players ever.
There are too many ignorant-ass sports fans who love to make shit up about what makes players "soft" and act like the players are robots whose bodies operate completely differently than everyone else.

Don't count on it. I deeply dislike to watch him play, not a fan of his style at all, but Lebron is a fucking animal. He wants to win this shit more than anybody on the court. He's not MJ, but he's the next best thing.

mnannola

This finals has been amazing so far. I don't think anyone out there gave Cleveland a chance once Kyrie was ruled out for the rest of the year. How the hell are they beating one of the best regular season teams of all time, that had to go through a historically great Western conference?

I'm pretty sure if Cleveland had zero injuries, they would have still been the underdogs coming into this series. The fact that they are out two all stars and are still looking this good is nothing short of incredible. Lebron knows how to lead better than anyone else out there in the league by a long shot. He is straight up on another level as far as heart, and willing his guys to be better than anyone thought they could be.

Golden State is getting out coached, out played, and out hustled. They need to find some sense of urgency fast.

Don't count on it. I deeply dislike to watch him play, not a fan of his style at all, but Lebron is a fucking animal. He wants to win this shit more than anybody on the court. He's not MJ, but he's the next best thing.

No, he isn't MJ.

MJ had had the best defender in the league who happened to also be one of the top 5 best players in the league at the time with him when he won his championships. Looking at the Cavs roster, I don't know if any of them, other than Lebron, could be said to be in the top 50 .

Fatigue is already showing itself to be a factor in this series. It may not end up mattering in the end, but it's not just something to brush aside as unimportant.

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
No, he isn't MJ.

MJ had had the best defender in the league who happened to also be one of the top 5 best players in the league at the time with him when he won his championships. Looking at the Cavs roster, I don't know if any of them, other than Lebron, could be said to be in the top 50 .

They are winning playing great D COMBINED with the warriors going cold (their uncontested shooting percentage is laughably low for them). LeBron is leading an incredibly poor efficiency effort. Yes, MJ had less than efficient games as well but in those games his team had good efficiency so he was earning better looks for teammates.

If the Warriors don't return to their normal shooting standards the current Cleveland lineup and play style is the one you want on the floor. Put Love and Irving back in and there is a super high chance that the Warriors find their scoring groove. Having one scorer and 2 monster rebounders and far superior defenders is working...Warriors are having a hard time finding their rhythm.

otapnam

No, he isn't MJ.

Mj wouldn't let a guy like Draymond swat the shit out of him on drives

They are winning playing great D COMBINED with the warriors going cold (their uncontested shooting percentage is laughably low for them). LeBron is leading an incredibly poor efficiency effort. Yes, MJ had less than efficient games as well but in those games his team had good efficiency so he was earning better looks for teammates.

If the Warriors don't return to their normal shooting standards the current Cleveland lineup and play style is the one you want on the floor. Put Love and Irving back in and there is a super high chance that the Warriors find their scoring groove. Having one scorer and 2 monster rebounders and far superior defenders is working...Warriors are having a hard time finding their rhythm.

Warriors rebounding was actually fine for the last game. They had 3 more total compared to the first two games where they were being beat if I remember correctly. It was just the shooting that let them down. Barnes having 0 points is inexplicable.

otapnam

Warriors rebounding was actually fine for the last game. They had 3 more total compared to the first two games where they were being beat if I remember correctly. It was just the shooting that let them down. Barnes having 0 points is inexplicable.

Still can't get over the ft discrepancy either. It all adds up but we still should've won. Not taking care of the small stuff is gonna cost us the championship

What a weird fucking series after 3 games. The Warriors are coming up much smaller than I or anyone else thought they were, and that's in large part a credit to the Cavs gameplay. One or two bad games would have been a fluke. 3 straight garbage offensive games for GS and you have to call that a trend. That said, the issues with the Cavs not being able to hold a lead late have to make you wonder if they can keep this up. The fatigue issue seems to get worse for them from one game to the next.

Am I the only one that thinks Love is overrated. Isn't his regular season stats significantly lower than his stats when he was a Timberwolve?

Tbh, I think if he was up against GS today, he probably would of cost Cleveland a whole lot of turnovers a day still would of cost them open shots. Was he all that effective across the field? On defense possession? Was he barely a x-factor at all? I do remember lots of talk about how he slacked because his play style is so different with the team, and it was taking months to adjust and calibrate him. I really don't see how he would be able to contribute any more than Jr or Shurmpert can right now.

The Cavs need to adjust to Lee playmaking capabilities, he should be worst than Green but he isn't shook like him, thus is important to exploit his defensive liability and make Kerr take him off the court that way. So the Cavs should target him anytime he's on the floor while they run offense.

Curry I'm not concerned, he is great and will find ways to score, they just need to keep pressure on him and generate TOs & they just need to contain one of the 2 brothers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom