• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NBA Finals |OT| the deli is closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mj wouldn't let a guy like Draymond swat the shit out of him on drives
The game is played and reffed so differently now that going into such a specific level of detail doesn't make sense.

Having said that, LeBron will not be MJ or Kobe because he's a much more cerebral player than those guys that play on instinct. They're just different personalities and contribute to the game differently.

Ronin Ray

So if the CAVS pull this off

1. Is all the Lebron hate/ criticism gone?
2. How far up the list off all time greats does lebron go?
3. Is this the greatest upset in NBA history?
4. Will this go down as the biggest choke job in NBA history?
5. Will everyone on the Warriors including Stephen Curry recover from this?
6. How will the perception of david blatt and steve kerr change?
7. Would anyone pay max money for draymond green?
8. Will this prove the old adage true that run and gun 3pt teams don't win titles?

That's a huge if but I am curios what NBA gaf thinks. Personally I will be shocked if the warriors don't win the series.

ntropy

Having said that, LeBron will not be MJ or Kobe because he's a much more cerebral player than those guys that play on instinct. They're just different personalities and contribute to the game differently.
the fuck? you got it the wrong way around.
you think MJ figured out being double-teamed "on instinct"?

every time we have a day or two off someone dusts off MJ's skeleton to try to unfavorably compare him to Lebron.

You guys need to get into solitaire or something if youre bored at work

I really wish Bish would bring back the "Mention MJ and get banned policy" from a few years back. Shit is ridiculous. MJ retired almost 20 years ago. Let it the fuck go people.

I really wish Bish would bring back the "Mention MJ and get banned policy" from a few years back. Shit is ridiculous. MJ retired almost 20 years ago. Let it the fuck go people.

I rather we ban all Kobe/Lakers talk tbh. "Kobe would have done this, Lakers tho"

Shut up. Franchise is in the pits and Kobe is done.

Am I the only one that thinks Love is overrated. Isn't his regular season stats significantly lower than his stats when he was a Timberwolve?
I agree with you. Love is very overrated and he was a stat padder in Minnesota - scoring a lot of points in garbage time and being on a team with super scrubs led to him getting a lot of touches. I think the Cavs are better off without him since he offers so little defensively. I didn't like the Wiggins trade at the time - now I feel even more vindicated.

otapnam

I agree with you. Love is very overrated and he was a stat padder in Minnesota - scoring a lot of points in garbage time and being on a team with super scrubs led to him getting a lot of touches. I think the Cavs are better off without him since he offers so little defensively. I didn't like the Wiggins trade at the time - now I feel even more vindicated.

The love trade was like the melo trade imo. You saw it happen, you saw all the players it affected and all you could do was shake your head. I thought that Knicks team was starting to figure it out that year then wham. Huge trade changes the team completely. Just like the cavs going after love. Wiggins was hyped for the opportunity then before he even gets a real chance. Traded.

BumRush

Guys, while LeBron is otherworldly, this series has (thus far) been more about GS going ice cold at completely the wrong time.

Lebron has gained my respect this series.
He's playing his heart out and hitting some big shots despite seeming fatigue.

Clevand's defense is also throwing Warriors out of rhythm. The Warriors played better in the last quarter, so they need to continue that.

I really want Curry to step and take over the game - not just shooting but having the offense run through him. He better start playing like an MVP.

The Cavs are dangerous because the role players can raining three when they are confident . If Lebron + Delly , or the center keep scoring a lot of points and the role players start hitting threes the Warriors are in trouble.

At this moment I have the Warriors winnig game 4.

Jag

Golden State is getting out coached, out played, and out hustled.

Interestingly no one is talking about Blatt. He may be a first year NBA coach like Kerr, but he's got a fantastic coaching record in Europe. Probably one of the best of all time. It's shocking how close he came to being Kerr's assistant.

Curry's ranking has shot down some in my eyes after this series so far. He's made some boneheaded plays in far too many key spots that I didn't know he had in him. Why the cute behind the back pass? Why are you outrunning your offense on a fast break that led to another turnover? You're supposed to be the point guard? There was that stat that people would tout about how Curry didn't even play in 17 4th quarters this season because of how dominant his team was, and while it's an impressive stat, it makes me wonder if that somehow had a negative effect on him and his team. It seems like he is shrinking in the moment.

AkuMifune

Banned
Guys, while LeBron is otherworldly, this series has (thus far) been more about GS going ice cold at completely the wrong time.

I expect the morning shows to echo this sentiment, but to me it's more about GS not being able to recover after getting punched in the mouth. Curry had open shots early and always passed, he looked rattled. By the end he was fine, and almost brought them back. We'll see if this carries over.

Why not put some money on Game 4 with the Cavs being 2 point underdogs right now? You don't get something like that every day, team up 2-1 being underdogs at home. Seems like easy money if you believe they will win.

That's what it really boils down to. This is their first championship game and it must be nerve wracking for them. They have to get over it though and focus.

I love the way Kobe plays and idc, I'm a huge Kobe fangirl idgaf lol! However, I think what LeBron is doing completely somewhat surpasses what Kobe was able to do in his prime, currently.

However, I can't make stupid comparison on who wouldn't let this one do whatchamacallit etc etc.

I think it's irrelevant

That's what it really boils down to. This is their first championship game and it must be nerve wracking for them. They have to get over it though and focus.

Just need a good shooting start for once. Their FG percentage in the first quarter of each game must be tragic at this point despite some good looks each game.

jmood88

Why not put some money on Game 4 with the Cavs being 2 point underdogs right now? You don't get something like that every day, team up 2-1 being underdogs at home. Seems like easy money if you believe they will win.
It seems like you've been trying to talk yourself into being confident that the Warriors will recover.

Bam Bam is shady af lol. The subtle shade in every post is always there. He won't outright say how he really feels but the arranged messages are so cute that he says what he needs to say without saying it.

Redd

So if the CAVS pull this off

1. Is all the Lebron hate/ criticism gone?
2. How far up the list off all time greats does lebron go?
3. Is this the greatest upset in NBA history?
4. Will this go down as the biggest choke job in NBA history?
5. Will everyone on the Warriors including Stephen Curry recover from this?
6. How will the perception of david blatt and steve kerr change?
7. Would anyone pay max money for draymond green?
8. Will this prove the old adage true that run and gun 3pt teams don't win titles?

That's a huge if but I am curios what NBA gaf thinks. Personally I will be shocked if the warriors don't win the series.

It's only been three games. Warriors win game 4 it's a 3 game series and they would have home court advantage again. Whatever happens they need game 4. You can't give Lebron 3 chances to close it out.

mnannola

Interestingly no one is talking about Blatt. He may be a first year NBA coach like Kerr, but he's got a fantastic coaching record in Europe. Probably one of the best of all time. It's shocking how close he came to being Kerr's assistant.

He has done great so far. Seems like he had a great game plan going into the series, and has made adjustments when needed. Calling timeouts just to get Lebron some rest, managing getting through an entire game with only seven players.

Both coaches are playing chess out there, one of them is missing a rook and a bishop and still out maneuvering their opponent.

It seems like you've been trying to talk yourself into being confident that the Warriors will recover.

How is that related to the post you quoted?

Saying fatigue is a factor and the Warriors have had bad starts each game isn't exactly convincing anything to anyone. It's just talking about the obvious.

Bam Bam is shady af lol. The subtle shade in every post is always there. He won't outright say how he really feels but the arranged messages are so cute that he says what he needs to say without saying it.

Or people are just looking for hidden meanings in every post. Like I'm saying, a team with a 2-1 lead at home isn't gonna get the unfavorable odds very often, it is a rare betting opportunity no matter what you think of me.

Ronin Ray

It's only been three games. Warriors win game 4 it's a 3 game series and they would have home court advantage again. Whatever happens they need game 4. You can't give Lebron 3 chances to close it out.

I agree but I just cant remember seeing a team so talented looking completely down and out. The Cavs just seem to be out hustling them and working harder on every play. It's really something spectacular to watch.

Expect the Cavs to punch the dubs in mouth on game 4. They think is all about them while ceding the best strategy to their opponent and saying it doesn't matter speaks volumes about their conceit and dangerous sense of entitlement.

Expect LeBron to go for blood early to avoid them building any momentum from that 4q. Memphis didn't had the best player in world with a significant experience advantage. I also expect the Cavs to be ready for the David Lee wrinkle and will look to expose him on defense.

Expect the Cavs to punch the dubs in mouth on game 3. They think is all about them while ceding the best strategy to their opponent and saying it doesn't matter speaks volumes about their conceit and dangerous sense of entitlement.

Expect LeBron to go for blood early to avoid them building any momentum from that 4q. Memphis didn't had the best player in world with a significant experience advantage. I also expect the Cavs to be ready for the David Lee wrinkle and will look to expose him on defense.

lebron will be the first person to win game 3 twice in one series.

take that shit michael "fraudulent" jordan

Ronin Ray

It doesn't matter. There will always be noise and it won't matter. Seeing a few posters here or there whine about how LeBron is cocky, a whiner, entitled... whatever, is freaking weird. Like the benchmark should rather be someone who whines from their comfort of their home behind a computer monitor or cellphone.

I always try to come at things from a sports perspective and I have Leborn behind Duncan, shaq and kobe as all time greats .Not a leborn hater or fan but man if he pulls this off those people are going to look like idiots and Leborn goes above those guys. I can't think of any thing in sports like what the cavs and lebron are doing this series. Maybe those people will change the narrative to the warriors just suck and still not give the cavs and james credit

Ricky_R

It's been great seeing Lebron turn into this amazing basketball player, and it's also great seeing him go back to Cleveland and pushing hard to win it for them, but sometimes I can't help focusing on his lack of confidence once the game reaches the last minutes with a tight score.

His game changes dramatically when shit hits the fan, and in my eyes, it sometimes stains all the great things he does during the remainder of the game. Still, his high level performance is what always keep his team in the game, and what has taken him to the finals five times in a row, so he has to be commended for that as well.

Siegcram

2 points is basically a coin flip. Means nothing in a series this tight.

Redd

It's been great seeing Lebron turn into this amazing basketball player, and it's also great seeing him go back to Cleveland and pushing hard to win it for them, but sometimes I can't help focusing on his lack of confidence once the game reaches the last minutes with a tight score.

His game changes dramatically when shit hits the fan, and in my eyes, it sometimes stains all the great things he does during the remainder of the game. Still, his high level performance is what always keep his team in the game, and what has taken him to the finals five times in a row, so he has to be commended for that as well.

No he's fatigued and cramped in the fourth quarter cause he's putting those scrubs on his back. Every time he sits the Warriors make a run.

2 points is basically a coin flip. Means nothing in a series this tight.

You could bet 100 and make 120. Better than betting the Warriors since they are -140 on the money line you would have to bet 140 to get back 100. That's pretty damn risky considering they haven't played a complete game yet.

Ricky_R

No he's fatigued and cramped in the fourth quarter cause he's putting those scrubs on his back. Every time he sits the Warriors make a run.

I'm not talking about fatigue though, but more about behavior. It's not something exclusive to this series. I'd say it's just how he's built.

However, using this series as example. He has lacked confidence at the end of all three games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom