• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NBA Finals |OT| the deli is closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
It's been great seeing Lebron turn into this amazing basketball player, and it's also great seeing him go back to Cleveland and pushing hard to win it for them, but sometimes I can't help focusing on his lack of confidence once the game reaches the last minutes with a tight score.

His game changes dramatically when shit hits the fan, and in my eyes, it sometimes stains all the great things he does during the remainder of the game. Still, his high level performance is what always keep his team in the game, and what has taken him to the finals five times in a row, so he has to be commended for that as well.

The guy who won 4 MVPs and 2 titles is just now "turning into this amazing basketball player"? Alright.

And I don't think he's lacked confidence at all at the end of games. He was just as aggressive as always at the end yesterday, except for that one terrible possession where he was just lost.

KooPaL

It's been great seeing Lebron turn into this amazing basketball player, and it's also great seeing him go back to Cleveland and pushing hard to win it for them, but sometimes I can't help focusing on his lack of confidence once the game reaches the last minutes with a tight score.

His game changes dramatically when shit hits the fan, and in my eyes, it sometimes stains all the great things he does during the remainder of the game. Still, his high level performance is what always keep his team in the game, and what has taken him to the finals five times in a row, so he has to be commended for that as well.

I think people focus too much on what has happened in the past. I wasn't and still am not a Lebron James fan but he is someone that has earned my respect and its because of how he's grown as a player (mentally). He has always been a gifted individual and a talent that is once in a generation. This series, he has been as aggressive as ever and is making the correct plays. You don't have to shoot the basketball just because you are the best player; you need to make the correct plays which involves sometimes shooting that gives you a chance to tie or win the ball game.

otapnam

Love being overrated is a popular opinion. Lots of people have been saying all year that LeBron fucked up getting Wiggins traded for Love

Wiggins looks like the real deal, but we've only seen him for a year on the shitty wolves

hahaha remember this stuff when the trade happened
tumblr_mdtbv2jijt1r78caoo1_250.gif

jmood88

I'm not talking about fatigue though, but more about behavior. It's not something exclusive to this series. I'd say it's just how he's built.

However, using this series as example. He has lacked confidence at the end of all three games.
What are you talking about? He has demanded the ball at the end of every game in this series.

Ricky_R

The guy who won 4 MVPs and 2 titles is just now "turning into this amazing basketball player"? Alright.

And I don't think he's lacked confidence at all at the end of games. He was just as aggressive as always at the end yesterday, except for that one terrible possession where he was just lost.

When I wrote that quote, I meant throughout his career. Going back to carry Cleveland does elevate it even more though. Maybe I didn't express that thought all too well.

About lacking confidence, if you watch closely yesterday's game (for example), as soon as GS started to put pressure and getting close in the 4th quarter, Lebron started to play differently. He seemed uncomfortable at times, he stopped being as aggressive, he started to miss more, he shot an airball (iirc), he took one shot that hit the side of the board, etc.

He just looks doubtful in the court at those precise moments and I've seen it quite a few times. That doesn't take away everything else he has done throughout his career, and with this team of Cleveland, but it has always caught my eye.

What are you talking about? He has demanded the ball at the end of every game in this series.

I never said he doesn't ask for the ball. He's just not as confident with it when the game's on the line.

Jag

When I said that quote, I meant throughout his career. Going back to carry Cleveland does elevate it even more now.

About lacking confidence, if you watch closely yesterday's game (for example), as soon as GS started to put pressure and getting close in the 4th quarter, Lebron started to play differently. He seemed uncomfortable at times, he stopped being as aggressive, he started to miss more, he shot an airball (iirc), he took one shot that hit the side of the board, etc.

He just looks doubtful in the court at those precise moments and I've seen it quite a few times. That doesn't take away everything else he has done throughout his career, and with this team of Cleveland, but it has always caught my eye.

I never said he doesn't ask for the ball. He's just not as confident with it when the game's on the line.

He's fucking gassed man. That's no lack of mental fortitude. That's a body going, WTF, give it a break. You see that from Lebron when he puts in crazy minutes.

GS was able to finally put pressure because the Cavs short roster has a timer and it was running out.

GS got out hustled and out played. The team who wants it more won.

KooPaL

When I said that quote, I meant throughout his career. Going back to carry Cleveland does elevate it even more now.

There really are a lot of things that come to play especially in the fourth quarter. Fatigue is a big factor in aggressiveness and making baskets. If you go play 45+ minutes making 35+ points, 10+ rebounds while doing all the intangibles such as defending, running through screens, passing etc this will all be a contributing factor. Coupled with playing like that for the past 3 games and essentially the finals you can see how inhuman he really is.

When I wrote that quote, I meant throughout his career. Going back to carry Cleveland does elevate it even more though. Maybe I didn't express that thought all too well.

In the past 3 games, he's played 40+ minutes each game.

I have no clue where you're going with his confidence, but I think I can accept his efficiency dropping off after he's exhausted.

Post Game 3 he looked drenched.

Ricky_R

He's fucking gassed man. That's no lack of mental fortitude. That's a body going, WTF, give it a break. You see that from Lebron when he puts in crazy minutes.

GS was able to finally put pressure because the Cavs short roster has a timer and it was running out.

GS got out hustled and out played. The team who wants it more won.

There really are a lot of things that come to play especially in the fourth quarter. Fatigue is a big factor in aggressiveness and making baskets. If you go play 45+ minutes making 35+ points, 10+ rebounds while doing all the intangibles such as defending, running through screens, passing etc this will all be a contributing factor. Coupled with playing like that for the past 3 games and essentially the finals you can see how inhuman he really is.

I can understand fatigue, but Lebron for me has always being a pretty psychological player in the sense that his mind sometimes takes over his talent. I'm pretty sure that despite the minutes he played, if GS was not able to really get the game as close, Lebron would still feel as comfortable and would be playing as aggressive and as focused as before.

I'm rooting for Lebron, btw. I want him to prove that he doesn't need a big three to win it all.

Yo damn.

Dellavadova was in the hospital all night. He's being discharged just now from the hospital.

LBJ better take him to that freezing machine so that he can be ready for tomorrow.

Curry playing the long con, letting Deli practically kill himself while he's just messin' around

That some Gohan vs Cell level of DBZ fuckery happening in the finals

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Yo damn.

Dellavadova was in the hospital all night. He's being discharged just now from the hospital.

LBJ better take him to that freezing machine so that he can be ready for tomorrow.

If the Cavs lose this series, I would put about 50% of the blame on fatigue. These guys just can't keep this up for 7 games. Cavs need to end it in 2.

If the Cavs lose this series, I would put about 50% of the blame on fatigue. These guys just can't keep this up for 7 games. Cavs need to end it in 2.

Which is why 7 games is not improbable (especially w/ 3 close games). But by that point both teams would be exhausted and it'll be a test of will.

That would mean beating the Warriors for 4 straight times. I thought beating them 3 times in a row would be very difficult but 4 times is crazy.

Which is why 7 games is not improbable (especially w/ 3 close games). But by that point both teams would be exhausted and it'll be a test of will.

It's not a linear switch though. Warriors probably feel tired after every game too but what the Cavs go through is on another level from what I'm seeing. The minutes they put in is nothing short of miraculous.

Damerman

Seriously? Come on now.

agreed. Kevin Love is an amazing player with seriously high basketball IQ and an incredible player in the paint, i've never seen anything like it.

he literally has my favorite space making and post game and hook shot. I think he is going to be one of the greatest.

Unfortunately, I agree though I give the Cavs 3 games of this energy level assuming their back court doesn't keel over and die. Though I do think that if they push it to a Game 7, they'll find the energy to get through it with good performances. Games 4 and 5 are the energy question mark games for me. Shumpert's shoulder can't be good right now. If Dellavadova needed to be hospitalized for 12 fucking hours for cramping, he's going to be dealing with a good amount of muscle pain for the next few days, minimum. JR is going to have to have a 20-point game within the next 2 games. If he has it in him, he'll have to do it very fucking soon.

Ricky_R

Possibly, but Dellavadova's intensity not only neutralized Curry for the majority of the game, but it ignites the team. I'm not sure if taming his excitement too much would be favorable. There's also the issue of minutes played of course.

I really wish Bish would bring back the "Mention MJ and get banned policy" from a few years back. Shit is ridiculous. MJ retired almost 20 years ago. Let it the fuck go people.

Sorry, I'm the one who started it. I didn't mean to compare them though, I was actually praising Lebron. He's play his heart out right now.

I don't know what to say to what i have seen so far.

1) Defense matters so much.
2) Why do the Warriors seem disinterested in this series?
3) If Lebron pulls this off, It would be one of the biggest upsets in my mind. Hes basically a one man show who got the rest of the guys to kill themselves on defense. Its actually crazy to watch.

I hope the Warriors pull their heads out of their behinds, and get with it. Lakers north are not representing so far.

I don't know what to say to what i have seen so far.

1) Defense matters so much.
2) Why do the Warriors seem disinterested in this series?
3) If Lebron pulls this off, It would be one of the biggest upsets in my mind. Hes basically a one man show who got the rest of the guys to kill themselves on defense. Its actually crazy to watch.

I hope the Warriors pull their heads out of their behinds, and get with it. Lakers north are not representing so far.

No. Kings South.

Redd

That would mean beating the Warriors for 4 straight times. I thought beating them 3 times in a row would be very difficult but 4 times is crazy.

It's not a linear switch though. Warriors probably feel tired after every game too but what the Cavs go through is on another level from what I'm seeing. The minutes they put in is nothing short of miraculous.

I'll be shocked if Cavs win game 4. Series will be all but over unless the dubs can pull a rocket miracle. Dellavadova is hurting and the Warriors seem to be getting some much needed offense out of Lee.

If Cavs win game 4 I'm changing my prediction to Cavs in 6.

They are winning playing great D COMBINED with the warriors going cold (their uncontested shooting percentage is laughably low for them). LeBron is leading an incredibly poor efficiency effort. Yes, MJ had less than efficient games as well but in those games his team had good efficiency so he was earning better looks for teammates.

If the Warriors don't return to their normal shooting standards the current Cleveland lineup and play style is the one you want on the floor. Put Love and Irving back in and there is a super high chance that the Warriors find their scoring groove. Having one scorer and 2 monster rebounders and far superior defenders is working...Warriors are having a hard time finding their rhythm.

You can't expect anyone to shoot this volume game after game and remain efficient. His usage rate must be at an all time high, Jordan had very good supporting casts offensively around him. (Not that I think lebron is better or even equal to him)

Jeff-DSA

Love being overrated is a popular opinion. Lots of people have been saying all year that LeBron fucked up getting Wiggins traded for Love

Wiggins looks like the real deal, but we've only seen him for a year on the shitty wolves

I've consistently been captain of the Kevin Love is overrated ship. He can score, but he'll give up just as much as he gets. The guy is a total liability on defense and it really sucks when a team has to account for that.

agreed. Kevin Love is an amazing player with seriously high basketball IQ and an incredible player in the paint, i've never seen anything like it.

he literally has my favorite space making and post game and hook shot. I think he is going to be one of the greatest.

If he was so smart he would know the importance of at least bothering a shot.

random25

I won't worry about LeBron too much. Sure, he'll get fatigued like any other athletes do, but the man is focused right now that he won't let fatigue bring him down at this juncture. Obviously he'll struggle in some parts of the game but it's not like it stopped him from dropping 30 to 40 in the playoffs.

What I'm concerned about if I'm a Cavs fan is the other guys. Not fatigue, but someone has to become a consistent second scorer for the team. It's good that Delly stepped it up in this game, and Mozgov in the other game, but you just can't rely on one guy luckily getting hot and pour 15 to 20 points a night because if they're no consistent scorers they'll tend to go cold the next game.

On the plus side though, Cavs defense have been really great so far that their subpar offense has not affected their chances of getting blown out and win games. Concentrating on stopping Curry led them to get a huge margin even with their offense not that good. Letting the other guys kill you has been their best strategy so far.

Zoned

Actively hates charity
I'll be shocked if Cavs win game 4. Series will be all but over unless the dubs can pull a rocket miracle. Dellavadova is hurting and the Warriors seem to be getting some much needed offense out of Lee.

Yeah 3-1 and then change the prediction. How cool...

Or they win the next game, throw game 5 by having Lebron play zero minutes, and then play the 6th game in Cleveland with a rested Bron.

I know it's stupid but if this was a video game I'd totally do this.

Possibly, but Dellavadova's intensity not only neutralized Curry for the majority of the game, but it ignites the team. I'm not sure if taming his excitement too much would be favorable. There's also the issue of minutes played of course.

They haven't said so, but I'm about 90% sure that the reason Delly wasn't on Curry (giving him the opportunity to go off) in Q4 was because he didn't have it in him anymore. We'll see what he's able to do tomorrow defensively. Nobody else on the team seems to be able to check him 1v1, so he's going to have to play ~40 minutes again.

Boooo-urns - stick with your prediction. You might be surprised!

Jeff-DSA

They haven't said so, but I'm about 90% sure that the reason Delly wasn't on Curry (giving him the opportunity to go off) in Q4 was because he didn't have it in him anymore. We'll see what he's able to do tomorrow defensively. Nobody else on the team seems to be able to check him 1v1, so he's going to have to play ~40 minutes again.

He was completely gassed. I think one of the timeouts the Warriors called was a mistake, because Delly was struggling to even pick himself up off of the floor right before that. They should have pushed it.

He was completely gassed. I think one of the timeouts the Warriors called was a mistake, because Delly was struggling to even pick himself up off of the floor right before that. They should have pushed it.

Agree. I just hope Dellavadova's conditioning can help him hold out for the same amount of minutes. The Cavs seem to have no solution when he's not on Curry. Shump and Smith get regularly caught on screens leaving Tristian Thompson on islands or giving Curry too much room to pull up. They need to give him bananas and gatorade for electrolytes at half time or whatever the hell he needs to stay up and active on Curry. Smith/Shump need to take care of the points Delly was scoring so he can rest when the team is on offense instead of also trying to help initiate.

Ricky_R

Yeah. When he was sat down and the camera was on him you could see that, aside from his pain, his adrenaline was through the roof as he couldn't even stay calm in his seat.

That amount of minutes playing at such intensity will have a toll. Maybe he can endure it until the series end. Who knows...

People really change their series prediction mid-series?

Shameless...

i'm still on GS win. its changed to in 6 games now instead of 5, but what i saw in the last quarter was paramount.

as i've said this whole series, the finals has been more on golden state fucking up their shots than Cavs having a deep court.

this is GSW' finals to lose. Curry got hot in the last few minutes, and i really think that will carry over to game 4.

cavs don't have the man power due to injuries, are running on fumes by the 3rd quarter. this game 4 will determine if the series is up in the air again with a 2-2, or the cavs get some leeway with a 3-1.

IF it goes 3-1, i dont see cavs closing it out (if at all) till game 7.

Like I said

If the cavs go up 3-1 they will rest LeBron, Delly, Mozgawd , basically throw game 5 away

He wants to win the title in Cleveland , he can't pass that up

Champagne

Banned
I always find it hilarious how people like to pretend basketball is some sort of perpetual motion machine.

Making a few shots at the end of one game =/= making shots the rest of the series.

Redd

Boooo-urns - stick with your prediction. You might be surprised!

I can't bullshit really. Cavs are doing wayyyyyyyyyyyyy better than I thought possible. Love and Kyrie out for the season. Only James and Mozgov are the only players with starting ability that can score but somehow someway the Cavs are up a game. I've been watching this series and loving these close games. Thought the Dubs had this series in blowouts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom