• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NBA Finals |OT| the deli is closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

BadAss2961

Screen_Shot_2015-06-10_at_2.22.22_AM.0.png
This play really pissed me off. He's struggling, but so is everyone else, so he needs to take that 3.

Draymond is the team's x-factor. Warriors are at their best when he gets going.

rawd

I always find it hilarious how people like to pretend basketball is some sort of perpetual motion machine.

Making a few shots at the end of one game =/= making shots the rest of the series.

It's the only thing Kerr can say to get morale back up.

'We've figured them out, we are better than this'

Godslay

Banned
I did a little math, you could dig deeper to have averages per player, etc., I wanted to start with team averages:

Game 1
Avg Mins Per Starter:
Cavs: 40.8
GSW: 37.6
Difference: +3.2 Cavs

Avg Mins Team Total:
Cavs: 33
GSW: 26.6
Difference: +6.4 Cavs

Game 2
Avg Mins Per Starter:
Cavs: 39.2
GSW: 39.4
Difference: +0.2 Warriors

Avg Mins Team Total:
Cavs: 32.8
GSW: 26.4
Difference: +6.4 Cavs

Game 3
Avg Mins Per Starter:
Cavs: 38.6
GSW: 29.8
Difference: +8.8 Cavs

Avg Mins Team Total:
Cavs: 30
GSW: 24
Difference: +6.0 Cavs

Totals:

Avg Mins Per Starter Series:
Cavs: 39.5
GSW: 35.6
Difference: +3.9 Cavs

Avg Mins Team Total Series:
Cavs: 31.93
GSW: 25.66
Difference: + 6.27 Cavs

Cavs are racking up minutes, but it's not terrible. 4 minute difference for starters series average isn't bad considering it's been a relatively slow paced series thus far. I'd be more concerned if it was a up and down the court, high paced games.

Like I said

If the cavs go up 3-1 they will rest LeBron, Delly, Mozgawd , basically throw game 5 away

He wants to win the title in Cleveland , he can't pass that up

I dont know about this.. Aint nobody gonna mail in a finals game.. Who knows what will happen the game after that. Im not even sure Cavs can win game 4. I think Cavs will get demolished by 50pts in game 4 tbh.

otapnam

There's no excuse not to take that shot. I would have taken that shot and I haven't touched a basketball in years. >_>

Yeah. Dudes exposed n broke. I knew it was bad once he did those beats commercials - let everything get to his head

Spinluck

agreed. Kevin Love is an amazing player with seriously high basketball IQ and an incredible player in the paint, i've never seen anything like it.

he literally has my favorite space making and post game and hook shot. I think he is going to be one of the greatest.

Gotta play D to be considered a great in my book.

That would never happen. No coach would do this.

Pretty much. If they're down by double digits at the half, I could see them resting the starters for much of the second half and throwing the game, but the Clippers could tell you that a 3-1 series lead is far from safe, especially if you have such a shallow bench.

There's no excuse not to take that shot. I would have taken that shot and I haven't touched a basketball in years. >_>

He didn't take the shot because he's been shooting bricks, bro. His confidence is weak and they needed guaranteed points. The right play was to drive for him.

Champagne

Banned
What koolaid? I'm not the one who's entire retort to any attempt at rational analysis of golden state has been summed up as nuh uh!
Your attempt to equate some made shots at the end of one game to made shots for the rest of the series is fallacious beyond explanation.

I don't need to explain that to you nor the rest of the posters in this thread.

It's like Bam Bam bringing up free throw differentials after game 2 in an attempt to say that the Cavs got preferential calls from the refs. If you don't want to consider context, be my guest. I really couldn't care less about your own self-delusions.

Brandson

It's so good to watch NBA games where everyone is playing with urgency, and not half-assing it like through most of the regular season. I'd totally be down for a much shorter regular season, and an extended calendar of elimination games/series.

Also, Iguodala needs to stop taking jumpers in this series. I haven't watched every minute of the finals, but every shot I've seen from him that wasn't a dunk, was a miss.

Omega

Banned
It's so good to watch NBA games where everyone is playing with urgency, and not half-assing it like through most of the regular season. I'd totally be down for a much shorter regular season, and an extended calendar of elimination games/series.

Also, Iguodala needs to stop taking jumpers in this series. I haven't watched every minute of the finals, but every shot I've seen from him that wasn't a dunk, was a miss.

Iggy shooting is the only reason why GS isn't gonna get swept.

He's had some bad shots but why does everyone hate on him? At least he's taken those shots unlike Fraudmond "I just cost myself tens of millions" Green.

Draymond is shooting just as bad as Curry was in Game 2 for the series but I'd rather see him jack that 3 up than run directly into Mosgov's chest for no damn reason.

Apparently the last two minutes of the game lasted 21 minutes in real life. This is just getting ridiculous. Intentionally fouling may be a good strategy on paper, but in my opinion it just absolutely destroys the pace of the game and makes the end so sluggish to watch. They should not have that option in my opinion. Maybe if you foul someone who isnt shooting while in the bonus the team has an option to either inbound the ball or shoot the free throws. Im not an expert so I have no idea what Im talking about. I just feel its detrimental to the sport of basketball for them to make some rule changes so that the last 2 minutes are a lot closer to actually being two minutes, as that would make the game better for everyone.

Apparently the last two minutes of the game lasted 21 minutes in real life. This is just getting ridiculous. Intentionally fouling may be a good strategy on paper, but in my opinion it just absolutely destroys the pace of the game and makes the end so sluggish to watch. They should not have that option in my opinion. Maybe if you foul someone who isnt shooting while in the bonus the team has an option to either inbound the ball or shoot the free throws. Im not an expert so I have no idea what Im talking about. I just feel its detrimental to the sport of basketball for them to make some rule changes so that the last 2 minutes are a lot closer to actually being two minutes, as that would make the game better for everyone.

granted, probably a solid 4-5 minutes of that was the review of that garbage ass out-of-bounds call

Jonm1010

Banned
Your attempt to equate some made shots at the end of one game to made shots for the rest of the series is fallacious beyond explanation.

I don't need to explain that to you nor the rest of the posters in this thread.

It's like Bam Bam bringing up free throw differentials after game 2 in an attempt to say that the Cavs got preferential calls from the refs. If you don't want to consider context, be my guest. I really couldn't care less about your own self-delusions.
What's fallacious is setting up straw men.

I already spent more then enough time last night explaining my reasoning. As have many posters that you continue to misframe in your sweeping generalizations in a poor attempt to more easily dismiss them.

What's annoying is that in spite of those contextualizations you continue to pop in here spewing the same shit.

Redd

Forget that. Foul if your behind, stop the clock and force them to make their free throws. It's strategy.

That's been going on since I've been watching basketball. It's not changing and very few people have a problem with it.

random25

That wasn't a lack of respect, it was bad defense. The defender didn't close out because he had no hope of getting there on time.

It's ordinarily a bad defense, but that's their gameplan all series long. Like I've said before, they're containing Curry and would rather be killed by other guys. How many times they've let other guys get open looks and compare that to how many times Curry gets open looks? That's their obvious strategy, and it works.

hbkdx12

granted, probably a solid 4-5 minutes of that was the review of that garbage ass out-of-bounds call

The 4th quarter referee fuckery that's on prominent display in this series/playoffs/sport is just embarrassing.

What exactly is the procedure for reviewing a play?

I don't understand why it's not structured like the nfl where reviewing/challenging a play is up to the teams and if the play stands then they lose a timeout. This seems fair from just about all angles.

The way it is now, it seems like refs review a play whenever the hell they feel like it because...reasons and while they're standing around holding their dicks for 5 minutes, teams are getting a free timeout.

The whole thing just screams idiotic with zero coordination or consistency

Cheebo

Banned
Blatt at the press conference said Delly is still recovering but he expects he will play Thursday. But they will have to watch his minutes and likely not play him as much.

Spinluck

Expect the Cavs to punch the dubs in mouth on game 4. They think is all about them while ceding the best strategy to their opponent and saying it doesn't matter speaks volumes about their conceit and dangerous sense of entitlement.

Expect LeBron to go for blood early to avoid them building any momentum from that 4q. Memphis didn't had the best player in world with a significant experience advantage. I also expect the Cavs to be ready for the David Lee wrinkle and will look to expose him on defense.

I feel like JR having a masterful fuckball game is eminent.

Who were the heroes (after LeBron) each game?

Game 1: Mosgov & 1st Quarter JR
Game 2: Mosgov & Della
Game 3: Della

Shump's defense overall throughout the series deserves mention. Tristan is good but a little too shaky at times, needs to settle into the game.

If this defense keeps up and bends but doesn't break, Lebron just needs at least one guy to show up and have a game. This prediction is also under the assumption that Lebron can continue his historical performances. Would be amazing if he does.

rambis

Banned
That wasn't a lack of respect, it was bad defense. The defender didn't close out because he had no hope of getting there on time.
Ehh Mozgov is most likely designated to double on Curry off of Draymond. That rarely happens by coincidence. "Bad defense" withstanding, it most likely is a lack of concern/respect from Blatt and staff. It paid off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom