• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NBA Finals |OT| the deli is closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's been going on since I've been watching basketball. It's not changing and very few people have a problem with it.

I guess Ill have to deal with sluggish and terrible endings to close games. I just wish they were playing straight basketball in the final two minutes instead of endless free throw shooting and timeouts. Sports like hockey and soccer have far better endings to me, simply because there isnt any bullshit at the end. If people dont have a problem with it, I'd be willing to bet they dont actually know what they want and if the last two minutes were almost entirely seamless basketball no one would want to go back to the old ways.

ampere

I just see it as changing your game prediction at halftime. *shrug*

It's like admitting you were probably wrong. I won't hide that my initial prediction was Warriors in 6 or 7, but now I think I'm wrong about it.

They should be banned and forced to wear Bionic's tag

I think there's a reasonable middle ground between wanting to suck Jordan's dick and being bionic

Kieli

Can someone transcribe what was said after Lebron walks away?

"If I remember your face ... unintelligible"

"I'm sorry I ... unintelligible"

Jag

Pretty funny.

Escape From the New York Knicks, Part 1
5hzfirpl.jpg

In 2015, the basketball loss rate in New York City has risen 400 percent. The once-great city is now one of the worst basketball destinations in the country. A 50-foot containment wall has been erected along the New Jersey shoreline, across the Harlem River, and down along the Brooklyn shoreline. It completely surrounds Manhattan Island. All bridges and waterways have been mined. The National Basketball Association, like an army, is encamped around the island. There are no referees inside the walls, only members of the Knicks organization and the worlds they have made. The rules are simple: Once you go in, you don’t come out.

I know David Blatt has LBJ but I think he is out coaching golden boy Steve Kerr. Working with castoffs and scrubs.

To be fair to Kerr, he's a legit rookie. Blatt is an NBA rookie.

Tyronn Lue has also given Blatt a collar that delivers an electrical shock if he does or does not call timeouts at times that may or may not be appropriate.

n0razi

i think we learned (once again) that lebron deserves the MVP for as long as he's playing at a high level.. the flavor of week guys (rose, harden, curry) all crumpled in the spotlight

hell curry has done almost nothing this finals and GS managed 2 OTs and a win... how can you call that MVP? you take lebron out of the cavs lineup and delladova is your best player lol

Siegcram

i think we learned (once again) that lebron deserves the MVP for as long as he's playing at a high level.. the flavor of week guys (rose, harden, curry) all crumpled in the spotlight

hell curry has done almost nothing this finals and GS managed 2 OTs and a win... how can you call that MVP? you take lebron out of the cavs lineup and delladova is your best player lol
Well it is the regular season MVP. And in the regular season he was phenomenal whereas LeBron put in some personal days.

What??

Curry's MVP was for the Regular Season. Care to name a player that has played better than Stephen Curry has throughout 82 games of the NBA Season?

in Offseason news, Jahlil Okafor worked out for the Lakers (following D'Angelo Russell and Emmanuel Mudiay). No real feedback yet on if any of them blew away the Lakers brass enough to cause any changes to most people's draft board's, though according to Chad Ford based on what he's hearing from multiple execs Russell has overtaken Okafor as the #2 prospect.

http://www.nba.com/lakers/150609_okaforworkout
Is it just me or is there a weird hitch at the top of Okafor's shot?

If i was a cavs fan, i'd be stoked that the team is 2 games away from winning it all.

but if i was a cavs fan, i'd be scared as fuck about Curry coming alive at the end of last night. the Ws have won 1 game and barely lost 2 other games where he was mostly a nonfactor. If the last half of yesterday's game points to anything is that the Ws are due for Curry getting his streak on.

ampere

If i was a cavs fan, i'd be stoked that the team is 2 games away from winning it all.

but if i was a cavs fan, i'd be scared as fuck about Curry coming alive at the end of last night. the Ws have won 1 game and barely lost 2 other games where he was mostly a nonfactor. If the last half of yesterday's game points to anything is that the Ws are due for Curry getting his streak on.

I'd chock that more up to the Cavs being worn out at the end of the game than it being Curry streaking. Though the Cavs wearing out before games finish is definitely a real problem with their depth

BadAss2961

MVP is a regular season award, not a best player in the league award. Bron shouldn't be able to coast his way to a relatively average season with a triple threat of superstars and be honored for it.

I'd chock that more up to the Cavs being worn out at the end of the game than it being Curry streaking. Though the Cavs wearing out before games finish is definitely a real problem with their depth

the shots he starting hitting wasn't due to being open. he was hitting shots regardless of circumstance.

That's even scarier

n0razi

What??

Curry's MVP was for the Regular Season. Care to name a player that has played better than Stephen Curry has throughout 82 games of the NBA Season?

Curry played great and on the surface should get the regular season MVP... im just saying the finals has exposed him just like how the western finals exposed harden

Even the Cavs know they can't contain Curry forever. Just gotta do what you gotta do. If anything this is a well-matched series, I think people are too focused on Curry's individual performance.

n0razi

was delly on curry during those garbage time 3's? i remember one of those 3's coming off a ridiculously illegal screen

Honestly, the Cavs are 1-2 injuries away from losing the series.

Had Shump went down because of his shoulder, they wouldn't have been able to win yesterday's game, let alone the series.

I give Blatt and the coaching staff a lot of credit for how they managed to make it work with 3/5ths of the NY Knicks, LBJ, and Delly.

Curry played great and on the surface should get the regular season MVP... im just saying the finals has exposed him just like how the western finals exposed harden

He's hitting shots off of triple screens, falling away from the basket!

The Finals hasn't exposed him. He's just getting warmed up. Curry goes off next game.

The crazy thing is that this is the exact defense that killed Atlanta and that everyone (including me) said wouldn't work against Golden State.

Atlanta was halfway dead as soon as they started the playoffs. They struggled every game against Brooklyn and the Wizards. Cavs and their injuries to Korver and Carroll just finished it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom